Manchester United 2014/2015 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup)

+18
futbol
Robespierre
DagenhamDave
iftikhar
archwooohh
Abramovich
Vlad the Impaler
halamadrid2
Zero
UnitedInRed
Dutti
LuckAndWin
RealGunner
Hapless_Hans
B-Mac
RED
Glory
Busby Babe
22 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Manchester United 2014/2015 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup) - Page 13 Empty Re: Manchester United 2014/2015 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup)

Post by Busby Babe Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:07 pm

This is like when Moyes first came in and nobody blamed him and everything was dumped on Woodward. LvG deserves to be criticised, he has made mistakes, doesn't mean he deserves to be sacked, just means he hasn't gotten it right yet and that's fine. If anything he deserves more time than Moyes did because he has a proven track record and has gotten a squad in a worse state than Moyes, confidence is low and we have a high injury list, with Shinji out and Evans getting injured towards the end so that makes it 10 injuries? How many did Arsenal have when they lost 8-2 to us 13? So not that much different.

It's also not his fault the squad is imbalanced and he had to use the 3-5-2 (although I hope he scraps it). I think he'll give it one more game, if we don't do well again he might use the international break to start practicing 4-3-3 in training, he's obviously already looking at that possibility since he bought in Di Maria.

Really, i trust LvG he's actually used the word 'plan' I don't think I ever heard that from Moyes.

Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Manchester United 2014/2015 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup) - Page 13 Empty Re: Manchester United 2014/2015 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup)

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:50 pm

UnitedInRed wrote:
Vlad the Impaler wrote:What the hell is wrong with you guys? Everybody here is blind. Don't you understand that LvG is trying to implement a new philosophy and a new formation at the club, at all levels (including reserves & juniors)? It is a tough and long process. It will take at least 6 months until we will be able to see great results with the new system.

LvG said something about 2 or 3 months, but let's give him more time. We shall have patience. All I see on Facebook, Twitter and forums is pure shit. All Man United fans are talking dirty about LvG, everybody wants Moyes back; they seem to be mentally retarded. I'd say that our fans don't deserve more just because their attitude is so wrong.

It also happens with the players. Every Utd fan on this forum wanted Rooney to leave last year, but after 3-4 months, they were talking about Rooney like he was God. Same happens with other players...it's obviously that the whole team isn't performing well at the moment but it is much easier to throw with shit towards reserves and players easier to blame like Clevs, Chicha, Welbs, Fletcher, Evans etc.

Stop! Stop changing your opinions as often as the wind changes it's direction!

Having a new philosophy is fine but I still completely disagree with the 3-5-2. A team shouldn't forget about defense and that's what United with a 3-5-2 will do.
We're not allowed to dislike a manager now?

You are allowed to dislike a manager, but it says a lot about you. There were only 3 official games; the situation at the moment doesn't recommend anybody to criticise Louis van Gaal. I am not being absurd, if you pay attention to my words you'll understand; if not...you should better watch Golf.

I am not saying that LvG did a great job until now, it's just that those weak performances (like the one against MK Dons) are exactly what we need in our way to progress. Alfred Pennyworth in The Dark Knight series: "Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up."

Of course our coach made mistakes, but who wouldn't in the given situation? He has to try, he has to see how the players perform in different tactics. The friendlies are never enough. Official games are the true tests for a team. I only see stupid and childish criticism of van Gaal.

I am not satisfied with what I saw, because it is simply impossible, is only this way. I am satisfied with the way we are progressing. With no pain, there is no gain. I didn't expect us to play better from the beginning...for me it was obvious. Louis van Gaal is very confident, he has faith, he believes in what he wants to achieve, he is much stronger when it comes about mentality and personality than Moyes will ever be. He is charismatic! He is an alpha!
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by UnitedInRed Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:39 pm

I normally give managers a season or two before saying they need to go but I'm already a doubter of the Netherlands team that he manages and they were awful for a lot of the World Cup.
Netherlands would have went home in the group stage if it wasn't for having Arjen Robben.
After seeing his management in the World Cup I don't trust him with United.
UnitedInRed
UnitedInRed
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by archwooohh Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:51 am

Pretty sure the calls for Moyes are pure sarcasm, no one wants that clown back Laughing not even Crystal Palace Laughing

And yes, we need to give LvG time to set his system in - guy already said he needs what, 3 months? Bayern also had a terrible start when he took charge.

Doesn't excuse the fact that our players are terrible and were hammered 4-0 by a League 1 side. That deserves criticism, no matter how you look at it. De Gea, Evans, Chicharito and Welbeck all started, they've seen regular play for us in recent times and for them to just lose like that just shouldn't be happening
archwooohh
archwooohh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:21 pm

UnitedInRed wrote:I normally give managers a season or two before saying they need to go but I'm already a doubter of the Netherlands team that he manages and they were awful for a lot of the World Cup.
Netherlands would have went home in the group stage if it wasn't for having Arjen Robben.
After seeing his management in the World Cup I don't trust him with United.

you are making yourself sound stupid with such comments brother.
so please..

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:32 pm

archwooohh wrote:Pretty sure the calls for Moyes are pure sarcasm, no one wants that clown back Laughing not even Crystal Palace Laughing

And yes, we need to give LvG time to set his system in - guy already said he needs what, 3 months? Bayern also had a terrible start when he took charge.

Doesn't excuse the fact that our players are terrible and were hammered 4-0 by a League 1 side. That deserves criticism, no matter how you look at it. De Gea, Evans, Chicharito and Welbeck all started, they've seen regular play for us in recent times and for them to just lose like that just shouldn't be happening

barring evans the other 3 is never at fault for this loss. in chicha and welbecks case what can we expect if our midfield and defense was so non existent like that. there were no one to pass the ball to them. chciha moreover is a poacher who relies heavily on support. On top of that both are unsettled at the club, welbeck is expected to leave even. then about ddg. well ... what can we expect him to do if a center back standing right in front of him passes the ball to an opposing striker.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:41 pm

Van Gaal says we have 10 injuries, Kagawa being the latest and that Herrera is still injured but that it's short-term. In addition, he says he expects most of the players to be back after the international break.

He also says, our build up to attack is worse than the defence.

On Rojo, still hasn't got his work permit, and he's in Madrid trying to get one. Angel Di Maria doesn't have such problems because he has an Italian passport. Goes on to say Di Maria could feature on Saturday, but not to expect a miracle, because he's only had 2 days training.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:59 pm

Busby Babe wrote:Van Gaal says we have 10 injuries, Kagawa being the latest and that Herrera is still injured but that it's short-term. In addition, he says he expects most of the players to be back after the international break.

He also says, our build up to attack is worse than the defence.

i agree with this. correct assessment.

Busby Babe wrote:
On Rojo, still hasn't got his work permit, and he's in Madrid trying to get one..

this is just unbelievable. isnt it the responsibitlity of the club and its officials to secure it. why is he in Spain and not woodward or some other nutjobs of united board. ?? and for a club of the stature of united, wouldnt that be a piece of cake. i mean haven't the player represented his country a lot!? and we are getting him from a European club as well and not from some small Latin American one. if he isnt available for the next week owing to this issue. its gonna be nothing but simply ridiculous.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:09 pm

Apparently, Rojo is involved in two court cases, the first being that he allegedly threw a bottle at one of his neighbors or something like that, hence he's finding it hard to get a work permit. The second court case, there is dispute between Sporting and Doyen Sports (3rd party ownership) on who gets what of the share of the money. Doyen Sports also owned a part of Mangala hence why his transfer took ages to go through as well.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:24 pm

Busby Babe wrote:Apparently, Rojo is involved in two court cases, the first being that he allegedly threw a bottle at one of his neighbors or something like that, hence he's finding it hard to get a work permit. The second court case, there is dispute between Sporting and Doyen Sports (3rd party ownership) on who gets what of the share of the money. Doyen Sports also owned a part of Mangala hence why his transfer took ages to go through as well.

ohh... i see.. makes sense now

he allegedly threw a bottle at one of his neighbors
this is just Laughing dat vandalism... :bow:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:52 am

What's the hold up with the Rojo work permit thing?? Heard he is trying to get a spanish citizenship to speed it up. I can't believe it's taking this long, the deadline is noon today no??

Can't believe DiMaria's debut will be with a bunch of scrubs

Edit: :facepalm: mentioned already. Is it close to being finalised???
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:44 am

I don't think he will get it on time.

Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:46 am

On another note, De Gea has been called up for Spain, Mata has been dropped and Del Bosque said Herrera was very close to getting called up (I'm assuming he wasn't because of injury).
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:52 pm

Ronaldo when asked if he was surprised about United's start to see the season "of course yes, but it is only the beginning, it will get better"

and he spoke about us with a smile the entire time Sad miss the lad
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:54 pm

LvG's presser + Interview, main points

-On Rojo's work permit:  “I cannot change the law of Argentina. I am Manchester United manager, which is the biggest club in the world, but I cannot change the law. It’s only a matter of time. It takes more time than I'd like but the Argentina president doesn't care"

-On Di Maria: "ADM has impressed me in training. First time he did lots, second time a bit less but fair enough he has to adapt to us and us to him"

"I believe he is ready to play. He is fit and played a match in Madrid"

-Injuries + the team:  "I'm glad there's an international break as it is not normal to have such a list of injuries. I've not experienced that before"

"I hope we are building up more carefully than in previous matches as we create a lot of chances but we have problems in build up"

-Fans: "I'm certainly enjoying the role. I've never had the experience that the fans are singing inspite of our loss.

Also from top source Instagram:

Rafael, on his personal account, confirms he's very close to being fit.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by UnitedInRed Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:24 pm

B-Mac wrote:Ronaldo when asked if he was surprised about United's start to see the season "of course yes, but it is only the beginning, it will get better"

and he spoke about us with a smile the entire time Sad miss the lad

A little bit back he said he wasn't ruling out a return. Some day in the future you might see him back in a United shirt.
UnitedInRed
UnitedInRed
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:48 am

#mufc XI vs Burnley: De Gea, Jones, Evans, Blackett, Valencia, Young, Fletcher, Di Maria, Mata, Rooney, van Persie.

United's subs at Turf Moor: Januzaj, Hernandez, Welbeck, James, M. Keane, Anderson, Amos.

Di Maria starts!

No Cleverley or Kagawa on the bench, but Hernandez and Welbeck are there

EDIT: Kagawa is injured, but we know he's leaving anyway....
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:57 am

five man defence :facepalm:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:12 pm

The Good- Di Maria starts, in midfield.

The bad- Despite having a class player like Di Maria, seeing that line up hits home that we are still riddled with sh*t (reality check). We desperately need to get rid of Young, Fletcher and Valencia.

No excuses, we have to win this. Anything less than a win would be out of the question. Burnley are horrid.

Last edited by RED on Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:13 pm

Di Maria and.......FLETCHER????

What a wretched partner poor Maria has to put up with. :facepalm:

Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:18 pm

I'll give it a pass as this is against Burnley, but LVG has to ditch this formation ffs.

I really dislike this formation we're using.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:21 pm

I was disappointed with 5-3-2 but I realised if we changed to 4-3-3 it would mean using Anderson Laughing
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:23 pm

RED wrote:I'll give it a pass as this is against Burnley, but LVG has to ditch this formation ffs.

I would like you to tell me the line-up you'd wanted to see today with the available players!
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:23 pm

In the current dire state, I would just partner up Di Maria and Rooney to play high-speed counter attack.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:26 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:
RED wrote:I'll give it a pass as this is against Burnley, but LVG has to ditch this formation ffs.

I would like you to tell me the line-up you'd wanted to see today with the available players!

I just said I'll give it a pass due to the availability of players we have today, that's what I meant. It's against a lowly team so we should be alright with it, or atleast I'd like to think so.

As soon as we get players back after the international break, it's time to ditch it!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:28 pm

Maybe I misunderstood, but the reason you gave was that this is against Burnley, not that we don't have other options. Right? Smile Anyway, never mind.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next