Robespierre
Casciavit
LeBéninois
McAgger
RealGunner
33 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Cesare Prandelli - Galatasaray Coach 2014-2014 - Page 4 Empty Re: Cesare Prandelli - Galatasaray Coach 2014-2014

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:31 am

If that comes to pass then the whole FIGC should be killed Godfather baptism style.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Cesare Prandelli - Galatasaray Coach 2014-2014 - Page 4 Empty Re: Cesare Prandelli - Galatasaray Coach 2014-2014

Post by :{Mr.Mustachio! Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:34 am

I thought Sacchi and Zoff were two of the favourites for the job?

Zaccheroni?  Shocked 

In that case why not Malesani, at least it will be entertaining  Laughing 
:{Mr.Mustachio!
:{Mr.Mustachio!
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:00 pm

Conte can be joint Italy-Juve Coach

The rumours are gathering momentum that Antonio Conte could become part-time Italy Coach while at Juventus.

The Azzurri are currently without a tactician after Cesare Prandelli resigned in the wake of their group stage World Cup exit.

Candidates include Massimiliano Allegri, Luciano Spalletti, Alberto Zaccheroni, Francesco Guidolin and Roberto Mancini.

Sky Sport Italia claimed on Saturday that Conte had been approached to take the job on a part-time basis, so that he can continue on at Juventus during the season.

These reports are now gathering speed and the idea is taking hold.

It wouldn’t be the first time a club Coach shared two jobs, as Guus Hiddink famously took on the Chelsea job while running the Russian national team in 2009-10.

Conte or Carlo Ancelotti are considered the ideal replacements for Prandelli, but are unwilling to leave Juventus and Real Madrid respectively.

A large chunk of the Azzurri squad is made up of Juventus players, as they have won three consecutive Scudetto titles under Conte.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:15 am

I was too busy to comment when these events were fresh but I wanted to add my voice. I'll reserve my comments concerning our actual play and the issues that were compounded by Prandelli's management for the other thread, instead I'll just start off by thanking Prandelli for taking the path of honour and falling on his sword. I'm sure many would be hoping Scolari and Hodgson showed such awareness of their own responsibilities.

With regards to Prandelli's replacement, the national team is far too important a project and an asset to place in the hands of a manager who is unworthy. At this moment in time in particular, having failed spectacularly once more, it is especially important that the new manager be not merely competent but exceptional. There is only one Italian manager who I could consider for the position and that is Ancelotti and regardless of his position at Real Madrid, I would hope that the FIGC do not simply cease and desist after a first refusal.

I do not expect Ancelotti to accept any terms under which he would become coach however, which leads me to the alternative. I came into this thread expecting to be adding my voice to a previous post however it seems that everyone else has not even considered it. The importance of the position demands that managerial and tactical ability must be the primary criteria by which a new coach is selected. If there are no Italian coaches who are worthy, I see no reason why we should not simply select a foreign manager. It is far preferable than allowing the likes of Mancini to take the helm.

Personally I would like to see Jupp Heynckes approached. Whilst he has stated that he has no intentions of coaching again, international management is something he has not chanced his hand at and it is a much less strenuous work load, one suited to a manager of advanced years on the edge of retirement. Considering that it is a great honour to be offered the reigns of a national team, particularly one such as Italy, I believe it is credible that he might be persuaded to become manager.

If we were to consider the part-time route, as has been suggested with Conte, I would similarly be aiming high. To reiterate, this appointment is far too important to be given to a manager untested at the very highest level. I personally think Mourinho is very well suited to managing Italy, however it is also to be expected that like Ancelotti, he would be unwilling at this stage to take on the added burden of a national team whilst managing his current club.

If we were to accept that the search should be broadened to include managers outside of Italy, who would your recommendations for the job be?

With regards to the likely candidates, my preference is Guidolin but anyone is better than Mancini. I can't wait to see him send on Nocerino after going 2-0 down in the 80th minute of our first qualifier.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:45 pm

The most impressive Italian manager atm for me has been Vincenzo Montella. but it's probably way too early in his career to make a decision like that.

IDK Mancini, Guidolin, same crap to me. Allegri, even worse. I don't think there's any way I'd be ecstatic with who we appoint, but I think there are a lot of candidates that have the potential to prove me wrong, so I won't say anything until I start seeing matches.

Dost though, I would bet money that Italy would not appoint a foreign manager anytime in the near future, I don't even expect such a thing to happen in my lifetime.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:53 pm

I do like Montella, however as you said, it's very early in his career and I find it highly unlikely that they will appoint such an inexperienced coach. Ironically, the last such appointment, Donadoni, is a manager I would not mind seeing take the helm again as I believe he's grown in his time since leaving the post, however again, these are not ideal options.

In terms of the favourites, Allegri to my mind provides the greatest continuity with Prandelli's reign, however I expect most people want a clean break from this project. They are essentially identical managers though from their strengths to their faults.

I agree that it is almost a certainty that we will not hire a foreign manager, however I believe it is an attitude that may well cost us. Whilst it's natural to turn to the domestic front to seek solutions, the drought in Italian football arguably extends to the managerial front. Until such time as Montella and potentially others mature or Ancelotti moves on from club football, I don't think it should be an issue to hire a foreign coach. It's simply a matter of hiring the best man for the job. I very much doubt, as you said though, that we shall see a foreign coach hired. The fact that it has not even been mentioned yet in the media gives all the indication necessary.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:07 pm

Awful with Galatasaray so far.

Today he has even lost against Basaksehir for 4-0.
Worst Galtasaray coach ever if he continues in this way Laughing
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:02 am

He's only 1 point behind first, Robes.

I'm guessing literally no one here follows Turkish league along with how devastatingly poor Galatasaray's decaying squad is.

Not only a past it (though resurgent this year due to Prandelli) Sneijder is their only good player yet their back line, non-existent midfield, loss of Droga and a one season wonder has heavily cost a team without any viable reinforcements.

Champions League for him has been poor yet this is a coach in a new league, new country, new language with a team on its final legs.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:38 pm

You can't deny he is having very bad results so far. And  these results are also disappointing if we consider his value, because it's easy to criticize him for WC but tbf he got the maximum of results everywhere before of WC , not only Euro 2012 or  Fiorentina I remind also an excellent league with Hellas Verona in 2000...and Parma..
He has lost Turkish Supercup  , he's playing crap Champions League, tied just in last minute against Anderelcht at Istanbul , destroyed unseemly against this Borussia Dortmund, he made Danny Wellbeck seeming as Michael Owen 2001  with his choice to deploy Felipe Melo s BC  in a defence to 3 Laughing
I agree about the fact that Galatasaray is an overrated team , Mancini had also some difficulties last year, but these results are not justified.
It's difficult to think this loss for 4-0 against  Basaksehir   was an "unlucky" match because it was in line with what we have seen so far imo.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:13 pm

Robespierre wrote:You can't deny he is having very bad results so far. And  these results are also disappointing if we consider his value, because it's easy to criticize him for WC but tbf he got the maximum of results everywhere before of WC , not only Euro 2012 or  Fiorentina I remind also an excellent league with Hellas Verona in 2000...and Parma..
He has lost Turkish Supercup  , he's playing crap Champions League, tied just in last minute against Anderelcht at Istanbul , destroyed unseemly against this Borussia Dortmund, he made Danny Wellbeck seeming as Michael Owen 2001  with his choice to deploy Felipe Melo s BC  in a defence to 3 Laughing
I agree about the fact that Galatasaray is an overrated team , Mancini had also some difficulties last year, but these results are not justified.
It's difficult to think this loss for 4-0 against  Basaksehir   was an "unlucky" match because it was in line with what we have seen so far imo.

Again fratello, you're not considering the squad he has at hand to which cannot compete with the heavy schedule they have given their age, lack of depth and complete lack of quality (subsequently inability to reinforce their squad).

His competing league teams aren't relying on just stadium atmosphere and old names yet younger and faster produce while incremental gains are incoming new. Galatasaray has long since been a club in the form of Milan who have stagnated and refusing to accept their reality.

Melo? Melo has been a disaster in midfield for over a year as the move into the back 3 has been one that has revitalized his career and well reinforced the back line well.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:12 pm

http://www.espnfc.com/galatasaray/story/2167529/cesare-prandelli-sacked-as-galatasaray-boss
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:04 pm

rofl rofl That went well

Tbf Gala were a team that could get smashed by a top attack at any given time, yet do OK for themselves against respectable teams considering they're in a mess of a league

However they've been utter shit under Prandelli who is fast becoming the new AVB stealing a living from club to club.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:18 pm

he's still far from AVB status bro Laughing this was his first club job for more than 4 years Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:25 pm

You just wait to see his face pop up in some pre-season friendly match match as the coach of some newly oil minted team in Kazakhstan
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:41 pm

You think compensation is your ally?
You merely adopted the sack.
I was born in it.
Molded by it.
I didn't see out a contract untill i was already the most sacked man.
By then it was nothing to me but signing papers.
The compensations betray you.
Because they belong to me

-Ranieri-  

All you talking about AVB , pls go . He's just a green lad compared to the master :coffee:
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:46 pm

rofl Please, Ranieri wishes he had the compensation accolades AVBane has had when he was his age
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:50 pm

yeah , fraudas floppas is the standard in the business . Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:56 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:rofl Please, Ranieri wishes he had the compensation accolades AVBane has had when he was his age

at that age yes , but he's a long way to go to catch Ranieri . AVB just entered the scene ffs , Ranieri created it.

Dude got sacked from more clubs than AVB has years , not even a contest here ffs

As for Prandelli , really sucks for him but maybe should have taken his time to pick his next job more carefully. I'd take him instead of Inzaghi at Milan tbh , we could do with an experienced coach for a change. His failure at Galata means little to me , he's still an exceptional coach in my eyes and i am pretty sure his next club not gonna be in Azerbaijan best league A either. Many competitive clubs will be looking out for him .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:44 am

Dante wrote:You think compensation is your ally?
You merely adopted the sack.
I was born in it.
Molded by it.
I didn't see out a contract untill i was already the most sacked man.
By then it was nothing to me but signing papers.
The compensations betray you.
Because they belong to me

-Ranieri-  

All you talking about AVB , pls go . He's just a green lad compared to the master :coffee:

rofl rofl rofl

Dante Proud

AVB is well on his way to surpassing Ranieri though, the man is a contract wizard at such a young age. He just needs to master the smooth moves of Marlon Brando rather than trying to stay in a constant state of employment. Let absence make the heart grow fonder after his departure from Zenit to lure in the big boys once more and then he'll suddenly have his Superman moment, getting 15 million euros for two weeks care taking at the start of a season.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:27 am

dat AVB lure Laughing AVB is surely a worthy successor , won't deny it . He's also probably richer than Ranieri as we speak lol

Agreed obviously about the rest , tho may i add my 2 cents here? I guess then the only thing AVB must do to officialy surpass Ranieri is simply stop trying , got to learn from the legend here. AVB's actually trying to do things , this way it will always take him more time than required for the next fat compensation .

I mean just look at Ranieri , recently got his latest good compensation of somewhere between 3m , of which i guess i kinda paid a tiny little portion through taxes . NICE . So , he gets Greece from a 11th place in the NT FIFA standings and got us to like 27th or something . Losing to the WC team of cubdrivers , mechanical engineers , lawyers e.t.c aka Faroe Islands will do that for you , thanks Ranierino . Had he stayed for more , we would have probably lost even from the Easter Islands by now .

In the end job done , he didn't even need to see Christmas , that's old school m8. He might never earn as much as AVB from the sack , but he's got his own unique place up there alright.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:34 am

i didn't even know ranieri was hired and sacked by Greece Laughing

farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:43 am

You didn't even know simply because it doesn't even count as news anymore , that's just what Ranieri does Laughing

It's been a succesfful career tbh

1.Contract
2.Sack
3.????
4.Profit!

rince and repeat untill you get at least 8 digits into your bank account , then retire Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:50 am

and to cap it off , he didn't even have to pay taxes on that severance package he got from monaco Proud

farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:51 am

Legit hope one day I could do this for a living even in a much lower pool of clubs
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:01 am

farfan wrote:and to cap it off , he didn't even have to pay taxes on that severance package he got from monaco Proud

amazing right Proud

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Legit hope one day I could do this for a living even in a much lower pool of clubs

I hope you succeed , but unless that lower pool of clubs are in Nigeria or something , i don't think you'll be getting any 8 digits bank account Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:02 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Legit hope one day I could do this for a living even in a much lower pool of clubs

it's difficult to do that if you don't have an illustrious list of Honours that makes up for the high number of Dismissals .

just look at ranieri's in the league ffs :

Serie C1: 1988–89
Serie B: 1993–94
Ligue 2: 2012–13

:bow:
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next