Cesare Maldini demands Cesare Prandelli explain why he called Pablo Daniel Osvaldo rather than Alessandro Matri.

+8
Luca
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Eivindo
zarola
lucianomoggi
juve_gigi
The Nature Boy
DeviAngel
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cesare Maldini demands Cesare Prandelli explain why he called Pablo Daniel Osvaldo rather than Alessandro Matri. Empty Cesare Maldini demands Cesare Prandelli explain why he called Pablo Daniel Osvaldo rather than Alessandro Matri.

Post by DeviAngel Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:57 pm

Former Italy Coach Cesare Maldini demands Cesare Prandelli explain why he called Pablo Daniel Osvaldo rather than Alessandro Matri.
The Azzurri boss brought in Osvaldo for the upcoming Euro 2012 qualifiers against Serbia and Northern Ireland after Giampaolo Pazzini and Mario Balotelli pulled out.

“Prandelli should certainly be asked for the reasons that pushed him to call up Osvaldo and not Matri,” Maldini told Calciomercato.it.

“I think he called the former Espanyol striker in an emergency situation. I ask myself how a forward like Osvaldo, after only a few games with Roma and a brief spell in Italy with Bologna and Fiorentina, can so easily earn the Azzurri jersey.

“In any case, Prandelli’s position towards foreigners had already become clear when he called up Thiago Motta.”

Although Osvaldo was born in Argentina, he played for Italy at Under-21 level and is of mixed heritage.

Last edited by DeviAngel on Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Cesare Maldini demands Cesare Prandelli explain why he called Pablo Daniel Osvaldo rather than Alessandro Matri. Empty Re: Cesare Maldini demands Cesare Prandelli explain why he called Pablo Daniel Osvaldo rather than Alessandro Matri.

Post by The Nature Boy Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:05 pm

meh... i feel like i should be angry but w/e

prandypants know what he is doing, and I doubt PDO will stay in the team for long

Cesare Maldini demands Cesare Prandelli explain why he called Pablo Daniel Osvaldo rather than Alessandro Matri. Prandelli

no *bleep* around
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Cesare Maldini demands Cesare Prandelli explain why he called Pablo Daniel Osvaldo rather than Alessandro Matri. Empty Re: Cesare Maldini demands Cesare Prandelli explain why he called Pablo Daniel Osvaldo rather than Alessandro Matri.

Post by juve_gigi Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:16 pm

I'm thinking Juventus fans value Matri much higher than anyone else. Maybe he is a one year wonder, who knows. It is telling that Prandelli doesn't call him though. Hopefully this lights a fire under Matri to play better and return to the Matri of last year.

As for Osvaldo, at least he didn't call up Gilardino, so that is good...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:07 pm

MATRI has scored a lot of goals last season; and he deserves rate for that and call from NATIONAL TEAM

he deserve a chance not because we like him or not but because his amazing statistics

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:31 pm

*bleep*? WHERES THE FINAL LIST? NO BALOPAZZO? G6FGFHFUCH8FVVFHCUXJEUXBXNE DDUDJXDXJAJSOW JDDJDNSJSJEJSDN

That has to be our worst call up since 2008.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:10 am

Osvaldo is sort of like Matri but more well rounded, quicker too
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:43 am

Agreed Zarola and Evindo, a player who has only scored 15 goals in La Liga versus a player who scored 20 goals in Serie A, who is better? Matri. Not Osvaldo.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:15 am

zarola wrote:*bleep*? WHERES THE FINAL LIST? NO BALOPAZZO? G6FGFHFUCH8FVVFHCUXJEUXBXNE DDUDJXDXJAJSOW JDDJDNSJSJEJSDN

That has to be our worst call up since 2008.

Injured I believe

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:23 pm

Zarola.... Balotelli and Pazzini injured... and yet you think you know more than me about the national team :facepalm:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:42 pm

FFS he knows they are injured, he is only saying "G6FGFHFUCH8FVVFHCUXJEUXBXNE DDUDJXDXJAJSOW JDDJDNSJSJEJSDN", expressing his anger/disappointed coz they cant play.
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JUVENTUSY Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:52 pm

Hi,

I just registered here (great forum BTW Very Happy )

Saw this thread and had to respond lol

I would agree a 100% with maldini and those that say the same thing IF this was the squad for a tournament (World cup, Euro etc.) but this is a game a qualifier and what happens in these games? Coaches of ALL countries pick players based on form so for example a huge "world class" player of the year player even would not be chosen if either he is not in form (or if the coach knows that yeah this guy is good but what about this other guy?).

So, now you have Matri a player I like, who suprised all by scoring a lot of goals considering he just moved to juve right away. But a player that has not played that much and has not been himself much either. On the other hand you have Osvaldo who if you were watching Roma this season has alone saved the team single handedly twice plus given the fact that a lot of Italy's Totti like players are past it, he is? can be? Another that will be a new weapon for Italy (like Giovinco?). If you watch Roma play he sometimes does some good amazing dribbling.

So based on FORM he is the better choice, (BTW Have you guys watched any Roma matchs this year? De Rossi is not just good! he is playing soooooooo good that its scary! I think right now he is the best CDM in the world, I have seen him make sooooo many tackles this season where he is saving the defenders, lol its been so long since I have gotten off my seat and cheering and going crazy over tackles but I was standing up and watching the game! lol).

Last edited by JUVENTUSY on Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

JUVENTUSY
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:27 pm

@Juventusy; first welcome to the forums, hope you you have a great time here.

Second, this is Cesare Maldini speaking and not Paolo Maldini, it is Maldini the father who coached Italy before and works as a sport analyst now. So this is completely normal for Maldini Sr. who disapproved of Prandelli's choosing tactics from the start.

Third, both Maldini's played their best for Italy and where unlucky not to win tournaments with them. They gave their all and are respected for that. Maldini was 3 penalty shootouts away from winning a WC and an unfair golden goal at Korea. Hardly a bad career I would say.

@Devi, please make it clear that this is Cesare Maldini speaking and not Paolo in the thread title to avoid such mistakes. Cesare has every right to make comments since its his job.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:31 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:@Juventusy; first welcome to the forums, hope you you have a great time here.

Second, this is Cesare Maldini speaking and not Paolo Maldini, it is Maldini the father who coached Italy before and works as a sport analyst now. So this is completely normal for Maldini Sr. who disapproved of Prandelli's choosing tactics from the start.

Third, both Maldini's played their best for Italy and where unlucky not to win tournaments with them. They gave their all and are respected for that. Maldini was 3 penalty shootouts away from winning a WC and an unfair golden goal at Korea. Hardly a bad career I would say.

@Devi, please make it clear that this is Cesare Maldini speaking and not Paolo in the thread title to avoid such mistakes. Cesare has every right to make comments since its his job.

I edit it Wink

DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JUVENTUSY Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:33 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:@Juventusy; first welcome to the forums, hope you you have a great time here.

oh sorry I didn't know corrected it, I guess as a former coach and current analyst it's more normal and expected but its still harsh. But as you said it's his job to say such things lol.

JUVENTUSY
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:38 pm

The real question is actually why Balotelli is in the azzurri. Hardly getting playing time in Chitty and acting like a spoiled 10 year old should not allow you to play such an honor full thing for your country. And what about Pazzini? How can he play over both Cassano and Rossi - maybe even Giovinco..? Prandelli qualified already, but i mean.. If Pep Guardiola qualifies for Champions League it's not like he should be praised like some God..? I hate Balotelli - I sure see his qualities and talent but even if he score a goal in a match that doesn't justifies a egoistic red card/heel miss, lol..
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:44 pm

JUVENTUSY wrote:

oh sorry I didn't know corrected it, I guess as a former coach and current analyst it's more normal and expected but its still harsh. But as you said it's his job to say such things lol.

No problems mate.

Cesare Maldini is a very good analyst though, but he always criticizes Prandelli's callings.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:46 pm

LWL91 wrote:The real question is actually why Balotelli is in the azzurri. Hardly getting playing time in Chitty and acting like a spoiled 10 year old should not allow you to play such an honor full thing for your country. And what about Pazzini? How can he play over both Cassano and Rossi - maybe even Giovinco..? Prandelli qualified already, but i mean.. If Pep Guardiola qualifies for Champions League it's not like he should be praised like some God..? I hate Balotelli - I sure see his qualities and talent but even if he score a goal in a match that doesn't justifies a egoistic red card/heel miss, lol..

If you hate Balotelli that is your problem, so hate him. Prandelli doesn't pick and choose players based on if some people hate them. He picks them based on their talents. And Balotelli has talent. He is arguably the most talented Italian player in the world, so why should Prandelli not pick him??

So what if he does a backheel in a stupid meaningless exhibition game in the USA?? You think people other than Balotelli haters actually give a sh*t about that? And for your information, both Cassano and Totti have done far, far worse than anything Balotelli has ever done and Totti is an Italian legend and Cassano is a regular on the national team.

If you don't like Balotelli that is your opinion, but the fact of the matter is he is the most talented Italian player in the world and so he deserves a spot on the national team. And Prandelli, who knows more than both of us, seems to agree...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:48 pm

juve_gigi wrote:
LWL91 wrote:The real question is actually why Balotelli is in the azzurri. Hardly getting playing time in Chitty and acting like a spoiled 10 year old should not allow you to play such an honor full thing for your country. And what about Pazzini? How can he play over both Cassano and Rossi - maybe even Giovinco..? Prandelli qualified already, but i mean.. If Pep Guardiola qualifies for Champions League it's not like he should be praised like some God..? I hate Balotelli - I sure see his qualities and talent but even if he score a goal in a match that doesn't justifies a egoistic red card/heel miss, lol..

If you hate Balotelli that is your problem, so hate him. Prandelli doesn't pick and choose players based on if some people hate them. He picks them based on their talents. And Balotelli has talent. He is arguably the most talented Italian player in the world, so why should Prandelli not pick him??

So what if he does a backheel in a stupid meaningless exhibition game in the USA?? You think people other than Balotelli haters actually give a sh*t about that? And for your information, both Cassano and Totti have done far, far worse than anything Balotelli has ever done and Totti is an Italian legend and Cassano is a regular on the national team.

If you don't like Balotelli that is your opinion, but the fact of the matter is he is the most talented Italian player in the world and so he deserves a spot on the national team. And Prandelli, who knows more than both of us, seems to agree...

If you love Baloteli its your problem.

( need to change that kind of responses here )
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:52 pm

Thank you crointer...it was an expression of anger because pazzini ranocchia and balotelli are extremely entertaining for me... to see one of them out makes me DDBFGFGTDBEG7 10446G6E6D6DJWW.

Sciacca.... come on man, you know im knowledgeable enough to know prandelli isnt an idiot.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:54 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:

If you love Baloteli its your problem.

( need to change that kind of responses here )

Sorry bro, but there is just too much hate for Balotelli around here. It's like the guy killed somebody. I mean really, Totti spits on other players and he's an Italian legend, but Balotelli does a backheel in a meaningless game and he deserves more hate?? Too funny.

If you think he is not talented enough, then that's fine, I have no problem with people's opinions on his talents. But the hate that is spewed on this guy in this forum is just pathetic really...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:18 pm

Are you out of your mind to question why Balotelli is in the squad? Are you even an Azzurri supporter by any chance? Let me get this straight, we shouldn't approve of Balotelli, yet guys like Bonucci who in fact played less than Balotelli for his own club is in the squad not to mention is playing tomorow? Please justify that for me, because Balotelli is just as justified as Bonucci currently is.

Oh sure acting like a 10 year old child? That post it seems to be written by a 10 year old who does not know what he's talking about... Balotelli has changed and is changing, do you even know what he's done recently before you go and judge him? Do some research he's in fact doing great with his altitude, as for him in general, go check out his life before you go clowing around speaking trash that is completely false. Odd, you seem to have no problem with Cassano, guess what he did during this week a Coverciano, he insulted a journalist, in which broke the moral code that Prandelli brings out, oh my, he's still playing. There's no big deal, and your bias towards Balotelli is nonesense.

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:05 am

How could he not expect the hate when he behaves like a child? Arguing that I behave like a 10y.o. is just ridiculous - i have known Balotelli for many years and i have seen what he has done in his career. My football culture is a whole different to yours apparently. If you, in Denmark, proclaim that you are the best player in the world that would be the hypest hype. I hate Totti as well for spitting Poulsen in the face. It's not a question of who you like the most, it's the fact that one is spitting another, and that one is thereby on a hate-list until he repent! Same goes for Balotelli. Michael Laudrup is one of the greatest in the Juve shirt and he's danish too (I keep linking my arguments with danish players i know) and he damn behaved like a true champion. Humble and deliberate could describe his career throughout the best clubs of his time, Juve, Barca and Madrid. I'm not saying everyone should or MUST behave like Laudrup or Messi, but doing the exact opposite and behave like they're Faraos of Egypt is a shame, SHAME, Sciacca and Juve_gigi!!!

Attitude and teamwork is more important then individually abilities, if so Balotelli should've been a tennis or golf player.
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:19 pm

LWL91 wrote:How could he not expect the hate when he behaves like a child? Arguing that I behave like a 10y.o. is just ridiculous - i have known Balotelli for many years and i have seen what he has done in his career. My football culture is a whole different to yours apparently. If you, in Denmark, proclaim that you are the best player in the world that would be the hypest hype. I hate Totti as well for spitting Poulsen in the face. It's not a question of who you like the most, it's the fact that one is spitting another, and that one is thereby on a hate-list until he repent! Same goes for Balotelli. Michael Laudrup is one of the greatest in the Juve shirt and he's danish too (I keep linking my arguments with danish players i know) and he damn behaved like a true champion. Humble and deliberate could describe his career throughout the best clubs of his time, Juve, Barca and Madrid. I'm not saying everyone should or MUST behave like Laudrup or Messi, but doing the exact opposite and behave like they're Faraos of Egypt is a shame, SHAME, Sciacca and Juve_gigi!!!

Attitude and teamwork is more important then individually abilities, if so Balotelli should've been a tennis or golf player.

How can he not deserve the hate? Once again show's your lack of knowledge when it comes to Balotelli, things have changed buddy. Nobody hates him anymore... When he stepped foot in Florence against Slovenia, everyone went nuts each time he touched the ball. Hate? Very odd though... let's watch this video and see who gets the most welcome and cheers with Buffon and Prandelli being there.

Oh dear! Everyone hates him! /facepalm, bro nobody hates him, except people like you who have no idea what their saying. :facepalm:

You hate Totti? Good for you, Poulsen does not even compare to the likes of Totti. Totti is a legend, his acts in the past are forgotten, just as for Cassano. That's Italian football for you.

Landrup is not one of the greatest...

1) Del Piero
2) Boniperti
3) Zidane
4) Baggio
5) Trezeguet

No, Shame on you, because as it seems... you know nothing about either Balotelli or the national team.

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:22 pm

calm it down or I will lock this thread to
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:48 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:
LWL91 wrote:How could he not expect the hate when he behaves like a child? Arguing that I behave like a 10y.o. is just ridiculous - i have known Balotelli for many years and i have seen what he has done in his career. My football culture is a whole different to yours apparently. If you, in Denmark, proclaim that you are the best player in the world that would be the hypest hype. I hate Totti as well for spitting Poulsen in the face. It's not a question of who you like the most, it's the fact that one is spitting another, and that one is thereby on a hate-list until he repent! Same goes for Balotelli. Michael Laudrup is one of the greatest in the Juve shirt and he's danish too (I keep linking my arguments with danish players i know) and he damn behaved like a true champion. Humble and deliberate could describe his career throughout the best clubs of his time, Juve, Barca and Madrid. I'm not saying everyone should or MUST behave like Laudrup or Messi, but doing the exact opposite and behave like they're Faraos of Egypt is a shame, SHAME, Sciacca and Juve_gigi!!!

How can he not deserve the hate? Once again show's your lack of knowledge when it comes to Balotelli, things have changed buddy. Nobody hates him anymore... When he stepped foot in Florence against Slovenia, everyone went nuts each time he touched the ball. Hate? Very odd though... let's watch this video and see who gets the most welcome and cheers with Buffon and Prandelli being there.

Oh dear! Everyone hates him! /facepalm, bro nobody hates him, except people like you who have no idea what their saying. :facepalm:

You hate Totti? Good for you, Poulsen does not even compare to the likes of Totti. Totti is a legend, his acts in the past are forgotten, just as for Cassano. That's Italian football for you.

Landrup is not one of the greatest...

1) Del Piero
2) Boniperti
3) Zidane
4) Baggio
5) Trezeguet

No, Shame on you, because as it seems... you know nothing about either Balotelli or the national team.

Haha, I just watched that video again, thanks Antonio. That video proves without a shadow of a doubt that Italians LOVE Balotelli. Italian fans were kissing him and yelling Balotelli's name, nobody even acknowledged Prandelli and Buffon!!

Everyone in Italy hates Balotelli?? I think not. Watch the video and see for yourself. Maybe Antonio can post the translation of some of the things the commentators were saying about Balotelli. It was all positive, believe me nothing negative was spoken at all...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next