Last 16: Argentina (1F) vs Switzerland (2E)

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Who will advance to the quarter-finals?

72% 72% 
[ 13 ]
28% 28% 
[ 5 ]
 
Total Votes : 18

Re: Last 16: Argentina (1F) vs Switzerland (2E)

Post by Glory on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:52 pm

pheww.. what an escape that was. pale

that last minute miss by the Swiss. pretty unreal. pale


Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 5309
Join date : 2013-07-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Argentina (1F) vs Switzerland (2E)

Post by messixaviesta on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:55 pm

@Zealous wrote:This world cup has been very unfair on the "smaller teams" imo.

Well hopefully at least for once no refereeing accusations from the defeated or is that asking for too much. Fate we cannot control. Maybe this time Lady Luck smiles on Argentina. As an Argentine fan one is bound to feel very relieved right now because a penalty shootout can go either way.

avatar
messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4149
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 39

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Argentina (1F) vs Switzerland (2E)

Post by M99 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:56 pm

Hatred for Lichsteiner has seen a drastic increase.

New found hatred for Drmic originates.

_________________
#JUSTICE4

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
avatar
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 26558
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 95

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Argentina (1F) vs Switzerland (2E)

Post by Rebaño Sagrado on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:57 pm

Di Maria is an amazing player. You will never see him missing from big games like other players. Even if he is having a bad game like today he still wants the ball. He still wants to play.

_________________
My name's unique and I've drunk more beer and banged more quiff and pissed more blood and stomped more ass that all of you numbnuts put together.
avatar
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich
Posts : 5927
Join date : 2011-07-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Argentina (1F) vs Switzerland (2E)

Post by windkick on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:57 pm

Argentina is trolling their way to the semis, and then the Dutch will curb stomp them

_________________
Luis Suárez : "Nutmegs were my only option."
avatar
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 5933
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Argentina (1F) vs Switzerland (2E)

Post by messixaviesta on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:58 pm

@Robespierre wrote:This Argentina is similar to  1990. It is just a player.

Why can't you say 1986 instead?

avatar
messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4149
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 39

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Argentina (1F) vs Switzerland (2E)

Post by messixaviesta on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:00 pm

@windkick wrote:Argentina is trolling their way to the semis, and then the Dutch will curb stomp them

The Dutch are also trolling their way to the semis. The big question is who's not. Smile

avatar
messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4149
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 39

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Argentina (1F) vs Switzerland (2E)

Post by windkick on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:01 pm

@messixaviesta wrote:
@windkick wrote:Argentina is trolling their way to the semis, and then the Dutch will curb stomp them

The Dutch are also trolling their way to the semis. The big question is who's not. Smile



Dont think so. The Dutch have looked convincing while Argentina is just bleh + Messi's magic.

Columbia is in fine form as well, no trolling with them

_________________
Luis Suárez : "Nutmegs were my only option."
avatar
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 5933
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Argentina (1F) vs Switzerland (2E)

Post by Lord Awesome on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:02 pm

Post said no is Swiss. Second team to fall this way. No shame to Swiss NT. Argentina getting lucky once again. Maybe Lady Lack wants to see Argentina Vs Brazil in the final?

_________________
avatar
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 5678
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Argentina (1F) vs Switzerland (2E)

Post by Robespierre on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:03 pm



DAT haircut :bow:
avatar
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : FC MacLaren
Posts : 11058
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Argentina (1F) vs Switzerland (2E)

Post by messixaviesta on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:04 pm

@windkick wrote:
@messixaviesta wrote:
@windkick wrote:Argentina is trolling their way to the semis, and then the Dutch will curb stomp them

The Dutch are also trolling their way to the semis. The big question is who's not. Smile



Dont think so. The Dutch have looked convincing while Argentina is just bleh + Messi's magic.

Columbia is in fine form as well, no trolling with them


Well in the knock out match the Dutch looked anything but convincing. Group form can often be deceptive.

Colombia is the ONLY exception so far but my concern is they are a team with less pedigree and the lack of know how will see them succumb in the quarter finals.
avatar
messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4149
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 39

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Argentina (1F) vs Switzerland (2E)

Post by M99 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:06 pm

http://giant.gfycat.com/FluffyCompetentBovine.gif

 Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad 

_________________
#JUSTICE4

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
avatar
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 26558
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 95

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Argentina (1F) vs Switzerland (2E)

Post by Zealous on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:07 pm

That was some Oberyn bullshit Sad

_________________

avatar
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Argentina (1F) vs Switzerland (2E)

Post by M99 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:08 pm

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/10421133_313797412120852_1326466766157085164_n.jpg

_________________
#JUSTICE4

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
avatar
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 26558
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 95

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Argentina (1F) vs Switzerland (2E)

Post by Robespierre on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:10 pm

Di Maria is playing an Unreal year.

he played Liga, the Champions League till to final , and he is still in great form to WC and he can pressing till to 120'

For the rest, I don't see many differences between Argentina and Brazil.

2 squads who were going to lose against chile and swtizerland simply because their opponent were more organized than them

argentina can convince more than brazil just because they have more better players
avatar
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : FC MacLaren
Posts : 11058
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Argentina (1F) vs Switzerland (2E)

Post by Glory on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:13 pm

I have a question. Switzerland is ranked 6th in the world, just one behind Argentina. and yet why they are considered a weak team and how come people were expecting Argentina to thrash the Swiss today?
If Swiss would have won, it wouldnt have been an upset therefore I guess. hmm
avatar
Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 5309
Join date : 2013-07-18
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Argentina (1F) vs Switzerland (2E)

Post by messixaviesta on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:14 pm

@Robespierre wrote:Di Maria is playing an Unreal year.
he played Liga, the Champions League till to final , and he is still in great form to WC and he can pressing till to 120'


In the top three for Ballon D'or especially if Argentina win this world cup. Suarez has anyway thrown his chance away. So even with the usual two suspects there is a third place empty on the podium.


avatar
messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4149
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 39

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Argentina (1F) vs Switzerland (2E)

Post by Brady2Moss on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:14 pm

@windkick wrote:
@messixaviesta wrote:
@windkick wrote:Argentina is trolling their way to the semis, and then the Dutch will curb stomp them

The Dutch are also trolling their way to the semis. The big question is who's not. Smile



Dont think so. The Dutch have looked convincing while Argentina is just bleh + Messi's magic.

Columbia is in fine form as well, no trolling with them


Netherlands looked so convincing?

lol

_________________
ANYONE BUT TELLO 2012

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 557
Join date : 2012-04-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Argentina (1F) vs Switzerland (2E)

Post by messixaviesta on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:15 pm

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:I have a question. Switzerland is ranked 6th in the world, just one behind Argentina.  and yet why they are considered a weak team and how come people were expecting Argentina to thrash the Swiss today?
If Swiss would have won, it wouldnt have been an upset therefore I guess. hmm

That's because very few take the Fifa ranking seriously. Smile

avatar
messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4149
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 39

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Argentina (1F) vs Switzerland (2E)

Post by Art Morte on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:15 pm

The Swiss really screwed this up. Had two great chances to score in the first-half (Xhaka and Drmic) and then held their ground almost until the very end only to concede an unnecessary goal. The free header onto the post was just the icing on the cake.

The Swiss lost the mental battle, imo, just too much inexperience to be decisive. The Argentina players were just more assured in their actions.
avatar
Art Morte
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 15483
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Argentina (1F) vs Switzerland (2E)

Post by Lord Awesome on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:17 pm

Popularity, I suppose. People outside of Europe don't usually follow teams outside of your traditional big teams. Therefore their support is more local and don't really have international recognition.


Last edited by Lord Awesome on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
avatar
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 5678
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Argentina (1F) vs Switzerland (2E)

Post by Collblanc on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:17 pm

Messi with the same amount of tackles as Zabaleta  Laughing dat defens
avatar
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Internacional
Posts : 2198
Join date : 2012-02-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Argentina (1F) vs Switzerland (2E)

Post by messixaviesta on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:21 pm

@Collblanc wrote:Messi with the same amount of tackles as Zabaleta  Laughing dat defens


Even the Dutch and German defences are no less laughable.

avatar
messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4149
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 39

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Argentina (1F) vs Switzerland (2E)

Post by Ganso on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:22 pm

@Robespierre wrote:
argentina can convince more than brazil just because they have more better players
you can't compare Argentina with other top NTs in terms of performance simply because they are stuck with a bunch of teams who are technically pretty limited.They faced Boznia,Iran,Nigeria,Switzerland and are going to face Belgium/USA.When you look at who the other top NT's faced you see the likes of Spain,Chile,Mexico,Portugal,Colombia etc

if anything Argentina have been the worst of all the favorites.I mean,they won every single one of those matches with only a 1 goal difference over those scrubs
avatar
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 15493
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Argentina (1F) vs Switzerland (2E)

Post by Glory on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:22 pm

@messixaviesta wrote:
Lumiere_Blanche wrote:I have a question. Switzerland is ranked 6th in the world, just one behind Argentina.  and yet why they are considered a weak team and how come people were expecting Argentina to thrash the Swiss today?
If Swiss would have won, it wouldnt have been an upset therefore I guess. hmm

That's because very few take the Fifa ranking seriously. Smile



yea man. but still there must be a reason Swiss is ranked no.6 above big teams such as Italy, and France.

I have heard today the commentators saying they only lost 2 of their last 21 games or something (please note I dont know which all teams they have played against in those 21 games btw). Shocked even still thats pretty impressive. So even the records say they are good, so how come the respect and expectation is low then.
avatar
Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 5309
Join date : 2013-07-18
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Last 16: Argentina (1F) vs Switzerland (2E)

Post by messixaviesta on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:25 pm

Lumiere, you are right. They do deserve some credit for such a high rank. One possibility is that they mainly played weak teams but still they deserve some credit. I think people did respect them at the start of the tournament but after that game against France they began to be treated like laughing stocks.

avatar
messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4149
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 39

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum