matpol
Zealous
LeSwagg James
RealGunner
59 posters

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Who will go through to the Semi final?

Quarter-Final: France Vs Germany - Page 4 Vote_lcap58%Quarter-Final: France Vs Germany - Page 4 Vote_rcap 58% 
[ 25 ]
Quarter-Final: France Vs Germany - Page 4 Vote_lcap42%Quarter-Final: France Vs Germany - Page 4 Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 18 ]

Total Votes : 43

Quarter-Final: France Vs Germany - Page 4 Empty Re: Quarter-Final: France Vs Germany

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:47 pm

France to win.

Sticking by my gun.

Pour La Liberte et Fraternite, Allez Les Bleus!  cheers 

Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Quarter-Final: France Vs Germany - Page 4 Empty Re: Quarter-Final: France Vs Germany

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:56 pm

you forgot égalité man!

kids today, brainwashed by capitalism No
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:42 am

If Low learns from his mistakes then it will be a great game, if not easy France win.

Khedira and Sherla must start with Lahm at RB.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:54 am

Interesting to see how Germany handles France's physicality in midfield. They will also face two of the best CBs in the world(unless Sakho starts) so it won't be as easy for Muller to dominate.

Hummels next to Mertesacker would bring back the solidity at the back for Germany because Boateng is a poor CB while Hummels is very intelligent who knows who to play with Mertesacker properly. However France should still try utilise the pace like Algeria did. Griezmann or Remy would be ideal for this game.

I would go for a France win. Can't see this going to extra time though.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:59 am

Isn't Sakho better than Kos?
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:14 am

Winner gets Alsace Lorraine?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:15 am

Mamad wrote:Isn't Sakho better than Kos?
No Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:If Low learns from his mistakes then it will be a great game, if not easy France win.

Khedira and Sherla must start with Lahm at RB.

These two don't usually go in the same sentence
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:03 am

Well, looks like we are taking the "false whatever" thing to new heights. So we have a false nine, false wingers (who are sort of 10s in their own right), false FBs (who are actually CBs), a false 1 (who doubles as sweeper, CB and wing back), a false 6 (who should be an FB) and a false coach. Did I miss something here?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:32 am

rwo power wrote:Well, looks like we are taking the "false whatever" thing to new heights. So we have a false nine, false wingers (who are sort of 10s in their own right), false FBs (who are actually CBs), a false 1 (who doubles as sweeper, CB and wing back), a false 6 (who should be an FB) and a false coach. Did I miss something here?

Pep is proud Proud
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:45 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:you forgot égalité man!

kids today, brainwashed by capitalism No

Lol. It won't happen again.Laughing Good thing RG didn't see that.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:50 am

It was only a year ago Germany beat France in France 2-1 and now they are the favourites No

Lahm was playing RB with Khedira in midfield, FYI Löw, I hope he remembers that Rolling Eyes
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:04 am

urban, I'm not over-confident about Friday's game, but who is saying France are favourites?

And RG, wtf. a 'poor CB'. Get a grip ffs Mad 

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:05 am

rwo power wrote:Well, looks like we are taking the "false whatever" thing to new heights. So we have a false nine, false wingers (who are sort of 10s in their own right), false FBs (who are actually CBs), a false 1 (who doubles as sweeper, CB and wing back), a false 6 (who should be an FB) and a false coach. Did I miss something here?

*lol...

I read something yesterday talking about we should have a double 6 and a real 10 and I was like - yeah, man, right - wtf? ...

It is always utterly amazing how at least 80% of germans all the sudden are soccer experts and know everything just so much better...

But what I really liked:

Quarter-Final: France Vs Germany - Page 4 10383661_795811810437957_5047248999054644317_n

Translation:

Line-up Germany:

Neuer....

Midfield:
who ever is up for it

Müller

[sic!]

Zizou
Zizou
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:08 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Winner gets Alsace Lorraine?

Laughing

has to be even stakes though.. let's say if we win we get Alsace-Lorraine, if they win they get the Saarland.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:49 am

<3 you!
my saying for years! Can we please give the Saarland to France and get Alsace-Lorraine for it Smile
Zizou
Zizou
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:02 am

Let's do it.

Problem of course is this is still a bad deal for France.
Apart from defunct coal mining and an unquenchable thirst for beer, the Saarland doesn't have much to offer really.
The fact that they TWICE voted to stay part of Germany, right before AND right after WW II tells you all about their cognitive abilities, too.

Disclaimer: half my family's from there
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:10 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Apart from defunct coal mining and an unquenchable thirst for beer, the Saarland doesn't have much to offer really.

that is exactly why I wan't to get rid of it Wink

But don't forget that the saarland is the worlds greatest "Wanderbaustelle" (they can surely make something of that)
Zizou
Zizou
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:15 am

Zizou wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

that is exactly why I wan't to get rid of it Wink

But don't forget that the saarland is the worlds greatest "Wanderbaustelle" (they can surely make something of that)

rofl I have to look that up. What a beautiful word, too.

They should put that on the welcoming sign when entering the state on the Autobahn hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Insoucious Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:05 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:It was only a year ago Germany beat France in France 2-1 and now they are the favourites No

Lahm was playing RB with Khedira in midfield, FYI Löw, I hope he remembers that Rolling Eyes

Here in France, we consider Germany as the favourite and that's a good thing because France tend to play better when they're not favourites (no pressure)
Insoucious
Insoucious
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:23 pm

Unfortunately I just saw a Löw quote shown in SSNHD where he stubbornly insisted that he will continue to play Philipp Lahm as 6. :facepalm:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:38 pm

rwo power wrote:Unfortunately I just saw a Löw quote shown in SSNHD where he stubbornly insisted that he will continue to play Philipp Lahm as 6. :facepalm:

I read that too, and was, sadly, not surprised.
Goodbye world cup, France will send us packing.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:41 pm

If you hear an ear-shattering scream of anger on Friday after France kicked us out - that was me.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:54 pm

Well at least Jogi didn't have to compromise his beliefs in shit lineups, so I guess we've got that going for us.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:06 pm

Well, whsat annoys me most at that is the fact that Italy and Spain were already eliminated. Now that we wouldn't have to worry about them, Löw decided to eliminate Germany by doing the wildest "let's play our players out of position" imaginable...

I mean, the English already get a nervous breakdown if they have to play *one* player out of position, but 6 (or 8 if you count the benchies)? Boateng as RB (when he only played as CB recently at Bayern), Höwedes as LB when he only played CB and RB at Schalke), Lahm as DM (when RB is his natural position), Özil as RW (when he's a CAM), Götze as LW (when he's a CAM), Müller as ST (when he is better behind the striker or on the wings), the ST and best 6 both on the bench. And let's not even talk about our GK playing as sweeper and CB instead XD
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:34 pm

FFS. :/

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:50 pm

By the way, the DFB PK should start any minute now (in German): http://tv.dfb.de/livestream/pk-der-nationalmannschaft-aus-brasilien/8796/

Manuel Neuer, André Schürrle and Andreas Köpke will be there to answer the questions of the media.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next