Robespierre
iftikhar
Red Alert
LeSwagg James
_SuperFloren_
92 posters

Page 17 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

Suarez to Barcelona - Official - Page 17 Empty Re: Suarez to Barcelona - Official

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:31 am

Ronaldo is about consistency, there are a lot of players that i'd fear more to play against in a decisive match: Iniesta, Suárez, Robben, Agüero, Neymar. Maybe even Muller.

Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Suarez to Barcelona - Official - Page 17 Empty Re: Suarez to Barcelona - Official

Post by McAgger Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:50 am

Bankz wrote:Prime ronaldo is better than suarez but I think prime suarez is a better goal scorer than ronaldo ever was, is and ever will be.. Also suarez is less talented than ronaldo infact I don't see what he's really better than ronaldo at, but the thing is regardless of such limitations, suarez is a bigger game player which is a huge plus and I'd still choose suarez 8 out of 10 times in my team without even looking back. Currently, in terms of goals at least, Suarez is the best big game player in the world right now, yes ahead of messi and Neymar.

Yes, he might not have all the bells and whistles but I like what suarez brings to the table, the goals, the hardwork, the strong will and God that guy can score a goal even while being shit fot the whole 90 minutes and that's something that I've rarely seeing since the days of ruud van nistelrooy..

While I don't rate ronaldo all that much, ronaldo is and will still be largely considered as the second best player of this generation but that notwithstanding, I'd take suarez over ronaldo again and again.

How the *bleep* is CR more talented than Suarez? Laughing

I agree with the rest of what you say but that bit is puzzling.

CR is a guy that's been marketed down our throats since 2004 Euros. Epitome of the media created superstar.

He's good but he ain't second best player of this generation. Not even close.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:23 am

Socur Toxanarosa wrote:Ronaldo is about consistency, there are a lot of players that i'd fear more to play against in a decisive match: Iniesta, Suárez, Robben, Agüero, Neymar. Maybe even Muller.

He's not even that consistent. He's an one dimensional volume shooter who offers nothing else but average-to-good movement and has a good header on him. There are over 10 players I would pick over him from this decade alone.

Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Robben, Iniesta, Xavi, Ribery, Daniel Agger, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Aguero, Muller, Busquets, Reus, Paul Pogba, Luka Modric, Kevin De Bruyne, Lewandowski, Di Maria, Eden Hazard, Griezmann. There are others that are debatable, like Thiago Alcantara or Marco Verratti.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:40 am

Valkyrja wrote:
Socur Toxanarosa wrote:Ronaldo is about consistency, there are a lot of players that i'd fear more to play against in a decisive match: Iniesta, Suárez, Robben, Agüero, Neymar. Maybe even Muller.

He's not even that consistent. He's an one dimensional volume shooter who offers nothing else but average-to-good movement and has a good header on him. There are over 10 players I would pick over him from this decade alone.

Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Robben, Iniesta, Xavi, Ribery, Daniel Agger, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Aguero, Muller, Busquets, Reus, Paul Pogba, Luka Modric, Kevin De Bruyne, Lewandowski, Di Maria, Eden Hazard, Griezmann. There are others that are debatable, like Thiago Alcantara or Marco Verratti.

Glad you finally see the light. It's never too late to learn logical thinking. But let us not polute this thread further by comparing Suarez to scrubs like Marketingnaldo and instead let us just admire that Luisito is well on his way to surpass the real Ronaldo. :bow:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:50 am

futbol wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

Glad you finally see the light. It's never too late to learn logical thinking. But let us not polute this thread further by comparing Suarez to scrubs like Marketingnaldo and instead let us just admire that Luisito is well on his way to surpass the real Ronaldo. :bow:

Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:51 am

Valkyrja wrote:

How is he not consistent? He is stat padding non stop for about a decade, he is so consistent in stat padding that are people in the world convinced that he is better than Messi Laughing
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:52 am

Socur Toxanarosa wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

How is he not consistent? He is stat padding non stop for about a decade, he is so consistent in stat padding that are people in the world convinced that he is better than Messi Laughing

He is NOT consistent, never has been. If you actually watched his games you would know that.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:52 am

Valk sneaking in Daniel Agger in there for me Proud My man.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:56 am

Don't call me James wrote:Valk sneaking in Daniel Agger in there for me Proud My man.

Even if you went on a darker path, you are still one of us Sad Molenation
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:25 am

Valkyrja club, sig and avatar Laughing Thumbs up
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:26 am

2x3 Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing :bow: :bow:
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:26 am

SUAREZ GONNA BRING US THAT SECOND TREBLE WE LOVE YOU LUIS LET THE HATERS h8 U ARE BETTER THEN CRISTIANAO
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:34 am

valk, lmao. rofl

DAT final jinx attempt. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:36 am

It upsets me how underrated Ronaldo is on here and have been on record numerous times how overrated he is by the general population.

But some of this shit is too far and borderline moronic.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:58 am

It depends how you look at it, really. People have short memories and that's a fact. Ronaldo is, and I don't know how would anybody question this, one of the two best players of his generation.

He played at the highest level for many, many, many years. God, I lost count how many times he finished among the three final candidates of the Ballon d'Or.

Yes, he's no longer the player he once was. Newsflash: he's 31. But it would be unfair to start comparing him now after his fall from grace to guys at their prime, and more importantly, who haven't played as great as him for as long as he had.

I know it's the trendy thing to belittle him. But at least try to be fair. Suarez is better than him now (and frankly who isn't?). But overall? That I disagree with. Prime Ronaldo is only second to prime Messi. Everybody else is just a tier below.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:04 pm

futbol wrote:valk, lmao. rofl

DAT final jinx attempt. Proud

stfu u pos. what jinx ?

MSN is gonna bring us the treble. Visca el Barca !!! MES QUE UN CLUB Molenation Molenation Molenation
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:39 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:It depends how you look at it, really. People have short memories and that's a fact. Ronaldo is, and I don't know how would anybody question this, one of the two best players of his generation.

He played at the highest level for many, many, many years. God, I lost count how many times he finished among the three final candidates of the Ballon d'Or.

Yes, he's no longer the player he once was. Newsflash: he's 31. But it would be unfair to start comparing him now after his fall from grace to guys at their prime, and more importantly, who haven't played as great as him for as long as he had.

I know it's the trendy thing to belittle him. But at least try to be fair. Suarez is better than him now (and frankly who isn't?). But overall? That I disagree with. Prime Ronaldo is only second to prime Messi. Everybody else is just a tier below.

Short memories indeed. Realistically, Ronaldo wasn't a top 2 player in the seasons: 09/10, 10/11, 12/13 or 14/15. I'd also put Suarez' last season at Liverpool ahead of Ronaldo's but Suarez didn't play CL while Ramos carried Madrid to La Decima so Ronaldo had that going for him.

I don't care about Ballon d'Or standings unless you can explain how Ronaldo finished 2nd in the last Ballon d'Or after his hilarious 2015 year and Suarez didn't even make the top 3. Laughing

Several players have performed better than Ronaldo in the aforementioned seasons. Only 11/12 was truly a standout season for him at Madrid where he made the difference when it mattered domestically (for example away vs. Atletico and in Camp Nou) although even then he got booed and heavily critizied by his own fans for not performing when it matters after his comical display in the 1-3 Clasico in the Bernabeu. "Only 2nd to Messi" is another marketing joke. A player who is only 2nd to Messi delivers more titles than what Ronaldo has done in 8 years at Madrid with all the endless ressources around him. He is a "normal" world class player like Lewandowski, Agüero etc., lucky not to be injured (although it's only logical when you do 0 hard work off the ball) and obsessed to obliterate minnows to pad his stats. There is no distinction: "Messi and Ronaldo and then the rest." It's: "Messi and the rest."

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:40 pm

futbol wrote:
The Demon of Carthage wrote:It depends how you look at it, really. People have short memories and that's a fact. Ronaldo is, and I don't know how would anybody question this, one of the two best players of his generation.

Short memories indeed. Realistically, Ronaldo wasn't a top 2 player in the seasons: 09/10, 10/11, 12/13 or 14/15. I'd also put Suarez' last season at Liverpool ahead of Ronaldo's but Suarez didn't play CL while Ramos carried Madrid to La Decima so Ronaldo had that going for him.

I don't care about Ballon d'Or standings unless you can explain how Ronaldo finished 2nd in the last Ballon d'Or after his hilarious 2015 year and Suarez didn't even make the top 3. Laughing

Several players have performed better than Ronaldo in the aforementioned seasons. Only 11/12 was truly a standout season for him at Madrid where he made the difference when it mattered domestically (for example away vs. Atletico and in Camp Nou) although even then he got booed and heavily critizied by his own fans for not performing when it matters after his comical display in the 1-3 Clasico in the Bernabeu. "Only 2nd to Messi" is another marketing joke. A player who is only 2nd to Messi delivers more titles than what Ronaldo has done in 8 years at Madrid with all the endless ressources around him. He is a "normal" world class player like Lewandowski, Agüero etc., lucky not to be injured (although it's only logical when you do 0 hard work off the ball) and obsessed to obliterate minnows to pad his stats. There is no distinction: "Messi and Ronaldo and then the rest." It's: "Messi, Suarez, Neymar and the rest."
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:38 pm

futbol wrote:
Short memories indeed. Realistically, Ronaldo wasn't a top 2 player in the seasons: 09/10, 10/11, 12/13 or 14/15.
Here's the difference though, in most cases, emphasis on most, those who leapfrogged him to second place during those seasons, faded into oblivion after, and were unable to stay consistent. Rare were those among them who could actually stay as good as him, let alone better him.

Also, titles are a very important factor in determining who's elite and who's not, but it's not always and entirely accurate. For example, even if Ronaldo had won the treble with Real Madrid 4 times in a row while Messi had ended up trophyless in all those seasons, I would've still rated Messi above him. Because winning trophies is predicated on many, many factors whereas the individual talent of the player isn't. So yeah I agree with you that he probably wasn't the second best in all those seasons. But the fact that he remained quite close to it while most of those who had bettered him before vanished in the year after, shows why he was at some point mentioned in the same breath as Messi while others weren't.

I'd also put Suarez' last season at Liverpool ahead of Ronaldo's.
I wouldn't.
I agree, he didn't deserve it. Just like Messi didn't deserve to be there the year before.

Several players have performed better than Ronaldo in the aforementioned seasons. Only 11/12 was truly a standout season for him at Madrid where he made the difference when it mattered domestically (for example away vs. Atletico and in Camp Nou)
Could you explain to me why you applied your no-title-equals-no-recognition rule on Ronaldo, yet somehow that didn't impede you from choosing Suarez during his last season at Liverpool over Ronaldo even though he didn't win anything while Ronaldo won the double?

A player who is only 2nd to Messi delivers more titles than what Ronaldo has done in 8 years at Madrid with all the endless ressources around him.
That's a pretty limited way of looking at things. It's a team sport and it depends upon many factors, not just one. To me Ronaldo at times performed well enough to win at least one major title, but his teammates let him down. In the same way he let down his teammates many, many, many times where they should've won but they had a lazy primadonna with them who dragged them down instead of helping them.

I agree with you that many players outperformed him. But his talent and consistency puts him ahead of them. And I'd also add that he would've been more successful hadn't he been such a lazy, self-obsessed narcissist.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:32 pm

What he's doing is really ridiculous. When you look at it purely from a production standpoint (which is funny because Suarez is much more than just his production) it's almost scary. He's producing a goal or an assist every 56 minutes, and that includes him scoring 2 whole penalties this season, without the 2 penalty goals he's contributing to a goal every 58 minutes.

To put that in perspective, without the penalty goals in 11/12 (Messi's most productive season) Messi was contributing to a goal every 55 minutes.

If Suarez can keep up his current pace he's looking at one of the most productive seasons from open play in history. Not only that, but it's not like Suarez is just 'stat padding' as many put it against low level teams. He's producing against everyone.

It's insane just how good he is. Probably the best player in the world right now and if he can keep up this pace he's bordering on an historic season and might have a real shout at the Ballon d'Or.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:40 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It upsets me how underrated Ronaldo is on here and have been on record numerous times how overrated he is by the general population.

But some of this shit is too far and borderline moronic.

Seriously. Product of short-term memory, pure hate and fanboyism. Like Saint Carthage said, it is now trendy to belittle Ronaldo's overall career and hype up Suarez because Suarez is having the better season. Hell, it was being promoted as universal fact in one thread that Suarez is better than Henry. If he scores a brace against Arsenal, he will surpass Van Basten. If he scores another in the second leg, he will reach the level of Pele (:

Maybe this might jog some memories. "not even a debate"

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:44 pm

showing a atletico madrid video the season they finished 5th and even pedro wooped their ass Laughing they werent even CLOSE to what they are the last 2 season in that season. 46 goals against them that season and knocked out by segunda b albecete in the copa Laughing
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:55 pm

Collblanc wrote:showing a atletico madrid video the season they finished 5th and even pedro wooped their ass Laughing they werent even CLOSE to what they are the last 2 season in that season. 46 goals against them that season and knocked out by segunda b albecete in the copa Laughing

And how does that take anything away from him? You can tell how good a performance is irrelevant of teams by actually watching a match. That match was one of many is his career where Ronaldo absolutely dominated and carried the attack. And don't you fans love bringing up Suarez record vs TOP SIX or TOP HALF compared to Ronaldo's? Oh yes CR the big game flop, there was a time when he scored against every single team he faced. Oh and he also has a league winner and a couple of goals in a CDR final, CL semis and CL final (inb4 penaldo, remember 08?)
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:59 pm

No doubt that Ronaldo is an all time great and his accomplishments are probably only second to Messi at the end of the day. I think people are always looking for the spectacular and really underrate consistency and it doesn't help that people are really jealous of Ronaldo in general and hate people that flaunt their success, good looks, money, etc.

But can we focus on Suarez here? He's on another level right now and is currently the best player in the world. Leave historic discussions to the best right back forum or whatever.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:09 pm

Technically, this isn't a Suarez appreciation thread but more of a general discussion of him. And since someone decided to compare both players for God knows what reason, the discussion has now shifted towards that topic. An unfortunate turn of events.

Also, I can't believe a good bit of you are making Ronaldo seem underrated. Cristiano Ronaldo. You guys should be ashamed.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:04 am

Suarez is on fire, playing some incredible futbol!! The consistency is amazing this season, he is scoring against everyone not just La Liga's minnows!!

Ronaldo is the 2nd best player of his generation that is not a debate (even though i don't like him)!! One thing is for sure Messi is undisputed number 1 and anyone that thinks otherwise should stop watching this sport!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next