Robespierre
iftikhar
Red Alert
LeSwagg James
_SuperFloren_
92 posters

Page 18 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

Suarez to Barcelona - Official - Page 18 Empty Re: Suarez to Barcelona - Official

Post by white_star Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:04 am

Suarez is on fire, playing some incredible futbol!! The consistency is amazing this season, he is scoring against everyone not just La Liga's minnows!!

Ronaldo is the 2nd best player of his generation that is not a debate (even though i don't like him)!! One thing is for sure Messi is undisputed number 1 and anyone that thinks otherwise should stop watching this sport!

white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Suarez to Barcelona - Official - Page 18 Empty Re: Suarez to Barcelona - Official

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:41 am

white_star wrote:Suarez is on fire, playing some incredible futbol!! The consistency is amazing this season, he is scoring against everyone not just La Liga's minnows!!

Ronaldo is the 2nd best player of his generation that is not a debate (even though i don't like him)!! One thing is for sure Messi is undisputed number 1 and anyone that thinks otherwise should stop watching this sport!

Because he is consistent, not because he is unplayable like other players on their day.
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:48 am

People need to relax. Suarez is having an unbelievable season but Ronaldo was producing numbers like this for 4-5 years and no one seemed to care. And people saying he's the best in the world are crazy. The fact of the matter is Messi still creates the vast majority of Suarez' chances and is on another level compared to him.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:49 am

How on earth is CR the second best player of his generation?

Because he scores 50 goals a season stat padding against Espanyol? Laughing

If I want to build a winning team around a player do I chose Ronaldo 2nd in the draft in this generation? *bleep* no I'm not.

There are players with more impact than him in this generation (not only Messi).
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:50 am

Cruijf wrote:People need to relax. Suarez is having an unbelievable season but Ronaldo was producing numbers like this for 4-5 years and no one seemed to care. And people saying he's the best in the world are crazy. The fact of the matter is Messi still creates the vast majority of Suarez' chances and is on another level compared to him.

It's not just about stats and goals. Look at the *bleep* impact of Suarez.

CR has NEVER in his life made this sort of impact on a football pitch.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:31 am

Don't call me James wrote:
Cruijf wrote:People need to relax. Suarez is having an unbelievable season but Ronaldo was producing numbers like this for 4-5 years and no one seemed to care. And people saying he's the best in the world are crazy. The fact of the matter is Messi still creates the vast majority of Suarez' chances and is on another level compared to him.

It's not just about stats and goals. Look at the *bleep* impact of Suarez.

CR has NEVER in his life made this sort of impact on a football pitch.

https://i.imgur.com/v9tQi1v.gif
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:36 am

Typical McAgger dribble that the only thing I can nod my head in agreement with is that he usually has his noun and verb agreement on point.

Ronaldo never made that sort of impact. Lol. Yeah, sure buddy.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:43 am

Tbf Suarez was clearly his elementary school crush so he has a bit of a blind spot
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:24 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
Several players have performed better than Ronaldo in the aforementioned seasons. Only 11/12 was truly a standout season for him at Madrid where he made the difference when it mattered domestically (for example away vs. Atletico and in Camp Nou)
Could you explain to me why you applied your no-title-equals-no-recognition rule on Ronaldo, yet somehow that didn't impede you from choosing Suarez during his last season at Liverpool over Ronaldo even though he didn't win anything while Ronaldo won the double?

Of course I can. And it's really simple. There is a gulf in class between the Liverpool squad and the Real Madrid squad. Suarez carrying Liverpool only a Gerrard slip away to the title is certainly more impressive than Ronaldo finishing 3th in La Liga behind Barca and Atletico, sitting on the bench while his teammates won the Cup final and Ramos making the difference in the CL when it counts while the clown rips his shirt off after scoring a 94th minute penalty to make it 4-1 to further pad his stats.

A player who is supposedly an all-time great, "only 2nd to Messi", "top 10 attacker of all time" or anything like that can not go 7 out of 8 seasons without winning a league title despite having world class teammates in every single position. Something doesn't add up here. The last time Real Madrid had such a league title drought was pre Di Stefano era in the 40s. Feel free to ignore that this coincided with Ronaldo's prime. I won't. I don't recall any other all-time great player having this sort of nonexistent impact in terms of title wins, much less with such a stacked team.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:36 am

Also: Inferior team fans who are used to eating dry bread then get served a McDonald's burger to Christmas and think it's the best meal of all time should refrain from commenting on these issues.

M69, Cruijf, pls go. :coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:47 am

I do enjoy how Madrid are stacked in this argument but inferior in other arguments. Also, what is with the Pep avatar? Keep thinking you're Hans Sad
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:55 am

Mario Gomez and Huntelaar had 40-50 goal seasons recently as well statpadding those tap ins like CR.

The difference with CR is that he just did it on a consistent basis while Gomez and Klaas did it once or twice at most.

Would you hacks be calling Gomez and Huntelaar the second best players of their generation if they did it for 5 or more seasons like CR? Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:56 am

Doc wrote:I do enjoy how Madrid are stacked in this argument but inferior in other arguments.

My arguments can be used in different positions and are versatile like Pep's tactics. (:

Doc wrote:Also, what is with the Pep avatar? Keep thinking you're Hans Sad

Hans did this on purpose so people can associate my GOAT posts with himself. Mad

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:09 am

futbol wrote:
Doc wrote:I do enjoy how Madrid are stacked in this argument but inferior in other arguments.
My arguments can be used in different positions and are versatile like Pep's tactics. (:
So what you are telling me is Pep is an amazing tactician. Yes? I reckon that is a yes.

futbol wrote:
Doc wrote:Also, what is with the Pep avatar? Keep thinking you're Hans Sad
Hans did this on purpose so people can associate my GOAT posts with himself. Mad

You used to make goat posts but you're so caught up in your euphoric high of seeing your man crush Lucho and your other man crush Barcelona win all and sundry, your objectivity (the little you had anyway) go down the proverbial toilet where two posters whose names rhymes with Binetty and GirloisBesus are there to thumbs up your post.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:25 am

Ah yes the classic take a dig at club supported when someone argues against your bias (:

And also McAgger, you must be deluded to compare CR to those two Laughing You take CR's worst full season in Madrid and compare it to their best, actually see it from an unbiased perspective, not just brush of countless matchwinning MOTM performances as "stat padding", you will still see Ronaldo is still the better player.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:18 am

I feel like i shouldn't have posted that infographics. The thread has gone to hell! It was impulsive from my side. I just wanted to show how good is SUarez's season and also how crapy is CR right now.

But, cmon! I dislike CR for all his character flaws, many of which actually make him worse player than he could be. But, saying he is the biggest fraud or that he does not deserve to be named second in his generation is pure bias. I also regard consistency as the main factor in ranking him there. There were perhaps many players that had better seasons than him, but if you look at it in long run, CR was more or less constant, until now. Can't *bleep* believe I am defending CR7, even mores so in Suarez related thread ncncncnc

Just because a player is a douche and plays for RM, it does not mean he isn't a second best player of his generation.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:26 am

Suarez has been very impactful this season and is the biggest big game player currently in terms of goals but my God some things I'm reading here are just cringe worthy tbh.. Suarez isn't close to being a top 2 best player in the world tbh..

The fact that suarez has 40 at this stage of the season and its still very debatable if he's the best player in his own team (even on form) speaks volumes, this season suarez just has one job basically and that's scoring goals and nothing more hence u see neymar and messi shouldring all the creative burden for the team (and no assists aren't creativity)

The reason he scores so much this season is this

1. he plays through the middle at barca
2. He has feaking neymar and messi as his freaking wing men so imagine the amount of spaces he gets every game. I don't think ronaldo ever had such supporting cast ever in his life while playing through the middle tbh..
3. Neymar and Messi are so generous and selfless that its almost unreal (think of the worlds top two players on steroids and cocaine at thesame time assisting ronaldo. Which ronaldo never had in his life also. I imagine people would be laughing off ronaldo's accomplishments by now if he where in this current barca attack. You'd see the comments flowing through on a daily basis saying how his having one of the most overrated and ticket free seasons ever in football and so on..

Yeah, I know underrating ronaldo is trendy, fun and all here but to think that some people do actually believe what they type is nothing short of jaw dropping to say the least..

Btw, for the record suarez is better than ronaldo now and I prefer him in my team over CR7 anyday but to underrate ronaldo like that is criminal to say the least.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:47 am

I don't know why you brought Nikemar into this. Nikemar is irrelevant for Suarez. Suarez already scored 31 league goals and won the Golden Shoe while playing for midtable quality Liverpool without taking a single penalty. Your boy Nikemar is yet to hit more than 22 league goals despite Messi setting up 5 one-on-ones every game for him and Suarez dragging away the defenders for your boy Nikemar. If Suarez played alongside a playmaking winger like Hazard instead of an opportunistic goal poacher like Nikemar he'd have 50 goals by now instead of 39. If you want to discuss Marketingnaldo's heir Nikemar, pls do so in his own thread. This thread is reserved for the one and only people's champion footballer.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:26 am

It's nice to see that not all Barça fans are biased.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:07 am

To think I thought you were a knowlegeable poster all these while.. Such a shame tbh

Btw, So others don't drag defenders away for suarez? So neymar doesn't set up one on ones for suarez? Try putting ronaldo in this team and see what will happen.
Its funny how you'd be laughing at Neymar or Ronaldo by now if they were suarez by saying how they've been playing with goat players by their side and how the wide players have been setting them up and dragging players wide to make space for them. You talk out of your arse.

Anyway this isn't about neymar so I don't see how u brought him into this, I even saw you trying to bring up the brazilian ronaldo into this discussion thinking that would get you anywhere. Such Hilarity!

Btw, Suarez didn't do for liverpool what higuain isn't doing for napoli now, yet people act as if suarez actually won something, as if liverpool were league contenders in his every season as well, but no they were not, infact he won nothing there so I don't get why people always bring the "almost" game into arguments like this..

Weather u like it or not ronaldo will always be regarded as a top two player of his generation and I doubt suarez would even make top 5. God, to think bankz, linetty, alex, gil, chad, sportz were the biggest fan boys on this forum..
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:50 am

This is Bill.
Bill supports Barca.
Bill admires both Suarez and Neymar.
Bill knows they play different roles hence should not to be compared.
Bill knows how crucial they are for their team.
Bill is smart.
Be like Bill.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:53 am

You're trippin' mate. Nikemar managed his first assist for Suarez after more than 12 months that they've played together. Laughing Up until Messi's injury he was completely oblivious to Suarez' existence in the team. All the while Suarez was setting him up with tap in after tap in. Remind me again how Neymar scored his 2 goals against Bayern last season. Pretending that Nikemar is doing anything of note to elevate Suarez' game while it's absolutely the other way around. LMAO rofl Before Suarez arrived Neymar managed 9 league goals in a season and Bale was hyped as the better player. Laughing Suarez made Nikemar's career. Never forget. Messi and Suarez carry the team. Neymar is there to pull circus tricks on the touchline and finish a couple of perfectly served tap-ins.

Also f Bill.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:05 am

Let's stop the fighting over meaningless matters and start appreciating the best striker of all times.

Luisito :bow:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:11 am

I like this new logical version of valk. hmm

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:23 am

futbol Laughing Proud
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:32 am

The white Eto'o.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next