*A+ Players* Which players would you rely on in a big game?

+41
Arquitecto
Zealous
sportsczy
Jonesy
Robespierre
BarrileteCosmico
VivaStPauli
Dnmac4
Curtinho
Lord Awesome
El Gunner
CarloGOAL
Rossoneri Ninja
Thimmy
farfan
zigra
Donuts
McAgger
Bankz
fatman123
Gil
httredskins47
The Franchise
Abramovich
Socur Toxanarosa
Nishankly
Footyfan
guest_07
Winter is Coming
dostoevsky
cyberman
rwo power
Freeza
Lupi
Pedram
Kick
Valkyrja
MaraVilla
Tomwin Lannister
LeBéninois
Onyx
45 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

*A+ Players* Which players would you rely on in a big game? - Page 5 Empty Re: *A+ Players* Which players would you rely on in a big game?

Post by Donuts Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:44 pm

we shouldn't derail this thread into a epl vs la liga but my last and only comment is the hype epl gets for it's quality is so blown over the top, the only team in epl now that is worth mentioning thier defence is probably chelsea, the rest are just average at best.

Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

*A+ Players* Which players would you rely on in a big game? - Page 5 Empty Re: *A+ Players* Which players would you rely on in a big game?

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:52 pm

Donuts wrote:we shouldn't derail this thread into a epl vs la liga but my last and only comment is the hype epl gets for it's quality is so blown over the top, the only team in epl now that is worth mentioning thier defence is probably chelsea, the rest are just average at best.

Well, I don't really mind if PL is better or not. I lost my league pride a while ago so I wasn't going for PL vs La Liga on purpose. I just call it how I see it. I have no real bias towards or against a league.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:39 pm

Donuts wrote:we shouldn't derail this thread into a epl vs la liga but my last and only comment is the hype epl gets for it's quality is so blown over the top, the only team in epl now that is worth mentioning thier defence is probably chelsea, the rest are just average at best.

The easy answer here is that the EPL was much better when Ronnie Left than it is now. This years EPL is a joke. I'm sorry to say it but none of the teams are really very good, that's why the games seem competitive and when Chelsea decides to go out and play football not Mouball they can basically throttle everyone.

I think the top 4 will get better but Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton, City all have taken big steps back this year.

When Ronnie left in 08-09 you had 3 teams in the final 4 of the Champions League and the EPl was a war back then, in my opinion EPL teams are trying to adopt a more European style these days and have become softer.

Oh and where did the Bundesliga fans go?

Any explanation on why this once in a generation player in Klose never scored more than 10 league goals per year at Bayern in like 5 seasons? And don't tell me someone was playing ahead of him because that only proves my point.

Could you imagine what would happen to Ronaldo or Messi if they put up a 10 spot in any league?
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:25 pm

Can't believe people on here are actually hyping up Klose. He isn't even in my Top 20 strikers of the last 20 years.

1. Ronaldo
2. Henry
3. Drogba
4. Zlatan
5. Aguero
6. Villa
7. Torres
8. Messi
9. Ronaldo
10. Shevchenko
11. Bastituta
12. Weah
13. Del Piero
14. Raul
15. Shearer
16. Eto'o
17. Rooney
18. Suarez
19. Benzema
20. Trezeguet

Off the top of my head and in no particular order all these forwards were better than Klose.

Anyway the easy answer to this question is of course Drogba. 9 goals in 9 cup finals. Barcelona, United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Bayern etc he's put all of them to the sword.

Last edited by Gil on Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:27 pm

@dnmac4

Sorry, some people need to do stuff away from the forum once in a while ^^

What would happen if CR7 or Messi would score only 10 goals ina season? Dunno. Not too much here, other than him getting ridiculed in the media and among the fans. It happened to strikers before, it can happen again.

Much would depend on the wages the players are on and how much they cost, too - and there is another thing. I don't think any team here would go for one single player breaking the overall wage structure in a club here (remember Toni Kroos getting complimented out despite being a fantastic player as his demands didn't fit anymore?) - and if the players form a team wage-wise, too, then the pressure on one single player is less, too. As I mentioned before - the philosophy here is somewhat different.

@Gil

Considering the topic "Which players would you rely on in a big game?" - you really think Miro Klose doesn't fit that bill?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:00 am

Robben, Suarez, Muller, Neymar
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:10 am

rwo power wrote:@dnmac4

Sorry, some people need to do stuff away from the forum once in a while ^^

What would happen if CR7 or Messi would score only 10 goals ina season? Dunno. Not too much here, other than him getting ridiculed in the media and among the fans. It happened to strikers before, it can happen again.

Much would depend on the wages the players are on and how much they cost, too - and there is another thing. I don't think any team here would go for one single player breaking the overall wage structure in a club here (remember Toni Kroos getting complimented out despite being a fantastic player as his demands didn't fit anymore?) - and if the players form a team wage-wise, too, then the pressure on one single player is less, too. As I mentioned before - the philosophy here is somewhat different.

@Gil

Considering the topic "Which players would you rely on in a big game?" - you really think Miro Klose doesn't fit that bill?

OK so basically that's just a long and convoluted way to say you just like Klose because he's German and there is no rational reason to claim he's one of the best strikers of his generation when he can't score more than 10 goals in any season while at Bayern?  

Money has nothing to do with this.

BTW 2 of those seasons he had 3 goals in 25 games and 1 goal in 20 games.

Let's prove this out even more.  He played 303 BL games in his career (11 seasons) and scored  118 goals.  So at Bayern he was basically pathetic and overall he was averaging 11 goals for every 30ish games he played.

And I don't want to hear the whole look at his teams he played for in the Bundesliga because he played his worst football at Bayern when he averaged like 6 goals per 25 games a season in league.

Do you care to retract your statements about Messi and Ronaldo having trouble keeping pace with Klose's Bendtneresque pace in the Bundesliga?
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:01 am

VivaStPauli wrote:
Lord Awesome wrote:Well here's the thing. I don't know how Messi would function in a club outside Barca but Ronaldo has already done it in the PL. No doubt he'll do it for any team in any league in the world. Not saying Ronnie will score the equal amount but he'll be winning all the top scorer torphies of any league ATM.

Yet Ronaldo went from 0.5ish goals/game at ManU to 1.0ish goals/game at Real. Not because it's easier to score there, but because Reals plan of attack for years has been "run really fast, pass to Ronaldo".

To be fair, C. Ronaldo's overall game was far less effective when he played for Man Utd. He was faster, back then, but he had a tendency to disrupt the flow of attacks by slowing down to show off his repertoire of needless tricks and flicks, instead of just running directly towards the goal like G. Bale does.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:11 am

replay........................

guest_07 wrote:juan roman riquelme

it is not about what or how he can do in the big match

it is about his feeling in that big match, whether he happy or not

a happy riquelme = 90% win for his team

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:32 am

guest_07 wrote:replay........................

guest_07 wrote:juan roman riquelme

it is not about what or how he can do in the big match

it is about his feeling in that big match, whether he happy or not

a happy riquelme = 90% win for his team

I missed you bruh eco smile
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5