Nishankly
Helmer
14 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Liverpool 14/15 season Empty Liverpool 14/15 season

Post by Helmer Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:38 am

Liverpool 14/15 season

The world cup is over and the preseason begins today. Today we will get to see lots of young players, some of them will stay and some of them will leave, on loan/few seniors permanently. So I thought lets discuss what everyone feels about our chances coming into the next season. Obviously everyone is going to consider the loss of Suarez as a big factor when they evaluate their expectations and also the possibility of any new signing certainly cant be neglected. I think after watching today's game and other preseason games, we will get some idea about our formation and tactics. Although this may change completely if we sign another starting WC attacker.

You can distribute your views into following column.

Defense: How will it look like in this season? Will we concede less compared to the last season? How much of an improvement you are expecting? Defensive mistakes?

Attack: Any decline because of Suarez's absence? Less fluidity in the starting few games? How are we most likely to shape up, 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2? Will we score same number of goals or score even more?

Goals: who will be top scorer? second top scorer? Third top scorer?

New signings: Which player as of now from the new signings will shine for us in this season? Attack/defense? Lallana with prev EPL experience?

If any more columns are to be added, you are welcome Smile

Spoiler:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Liverpool 14/15 season Empty Re: Liverpool 14/15 season

Post by Nishankly Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:26 am

ATM:

Defense: Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique.
This is because we havnt signed anyone. Though if i were boss, I would replace 3/4 of these.

I hope we concede less than 45. Hoping Can can mop up better than Allen or Henderson when our midfield falls into pieces on counters.

Attack: Now that Suarez is gone, I keep thinking where are goals going to come from which is a weird thought considering we have the second best striker in the league ( Now arguably the best) and the MVP of England (Sterlad). With Lallana and Markovic already in, Coutinho already there, Ibe in the sidelines if not sent on loan, Lambert with a plan B. We have a wide array of assets from where we can get the goals. We are yet to replace Suarez as well ie Bony/Remy/Reus etc.

Ill call it a successful attacking season if we reach 70 goals. Though there is potential for much more.

In the new signings,
I see Lallana doing the best for us next season atm.

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:50 am

My expectations for the season as a whole

Current squad: Top 4, CL quarters, Win one of FA/COC

If we sign CB, LB/RB and another top attacker: Challenge for title, CL semis, Win one of FA/COC

If we sign Reus/Hames, DeSciglio, Hummels/Benatia/Varane: Win the league, Win CL, Win both FA/COC

Other expectations:

Defense: Realistically conceding less than 40 in the league is gonna be a great great success. Hope to god Skrtel and Johnson aren't starters and half the job will be done without any work done. Ilori-Sakho my personal preferred pair from the current squad. Otherwise hopefully we get quality RCB in. And must buy a fullback no matter what. Heck I say buy both LB and RB. The depth is good with Agger, Kolo, and the million fullbacks that we have in our squad.

Attack: Sturridge is going to be our top scorer no doubt about it. The only worry is that he's injury prone and should we miss him for any period of time our season will suffer massively. Sterling and Coutinho will improve ten folds.  I expect great things form both. Markovic and Lallana will also be revelation imo. Lambert, Borini, Ibe, Suso, Tex are good squad depth. Finally the next attacking signing could be the difference between a good and a great season. Think we'll score somewhere between 80-100.

Midfield: Hendo, Stevie, Allen, Can and Lucas is good Thumbs up  No worries here.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:45 am

My expectations for the season as a whole

Current squad: Top 4, CL quarters, Win one of FA/COC

If we sign CB, LB/RB and another top attacker: Challenge for title, CL quarters, Win one of FA/COC

If we sign Reus/Hames, DeSciglio, Hummels/Benatia/Varane: Win the league, Win CL, Win both FA/COC
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:33 pm

Realistically.......... top 5, win a domestic cup, some how get out of the group in the CL if not hopefully attempt to try and win the Europa.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:44 pm

League: Top 4
CL: If we get a GOD, then, my objective is to leave the group without humiliating ourselves, other wise minimum round of 16.
FA/COC: Finals, considering our 2nd team should still be able to hold their own we should be going deep in both.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:25 am

BR just said the expectation this season is :"TO WIN A TROPHY" yes !!!!!!!!!!!! Exactly what u wanted to hear

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:21 am

Oh yeah I fully expect to win one of COC/FA/Europa(if we don't get through CL groups) this season.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:08 pm

I am full on Arsenal mode in this season, specially when we have lost Suarez. Trophy is all secondary to me tbh and I just want us to be stable, performance wise, style wise. In this season, 4th place is all I want.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:56 pm

I'm actually very confident of 4th. I think having lost Suarez our status has gone back down to underdogs. We're once again the darkhorses and people will underestimate us. Sure teams will be more afraid of playing open against us like some of them did last season but that doesn't mean we're not equipped to handle what they throw at us.

Our defense will be a million times better, it's not even debatable. No one on earth could do worse than we did last season on that end.

IMO 4th we'll definitely get. My main desire is a trophy. I'm dreaming of the 6th but it's pretty impossible this season. So Europa, FA Cup, and COC are what I have my eyes set on.

By the way our second unit defensive line up is this that will play in the cups: Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique. Laughing Remember Kenny's last season  Wink Wink 
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:34 pm

Oh yeah I fully expect to win one of COC/FA/Europa(if we don't get through CL groups) this season.
Why the hell you keep mentioning Europa League FFS!!! Atletico made it to the final last year.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:51 pm

A decent CL run and top 4 in league would make me happy.

I think with Stevie playing we should be lining up with a 4-3-3 or a diamond, otherwise I'd like to see a 4-2-3-1 used to take advantage of Hendo/Allen/Can and our pacey generous attack (Sterling, Coutinho, Remy, Sturridge, Markovic, Lallana).

Our defence is what it is. I'm hoping for less individual errors.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:30 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:Mostly it will be because we can't break teams down not because we'll be conserving energy for February.

Maybe, maybe not. But you can't argue that we try to build fitness and manage it in a way that we hit our peak in Feb/March, as opposed to September.

We won't see aggressive pressing early on iMO...be it against PTK team, or someone like City.

BR believes in having a good start to the season will lay us a good foundation for the whole season ahead, it is similar to a good/explosive start we used to do in many games in the last season.
So I think we will enter the season carefully and concentrate on gaining as many points as possible before we get into rhythm. Once we get into rhythm we will be playing our natural game of 'goal galore'

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:32 pm

Two weeks to go. Two more weeks. Smile
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:05 pm

I'd be happy with a top-4 finish. Winning the Prem is so difficult that expecting to win it is overly optimistic pretty much for fans of any club. Doing well in the cups and in Europe would certainly be exciting, but I don't know what to expect there.

My expectations will also depend somewhat on which striker we are going to sign. All other positions seem to be set now - with the acquisition of full-backs from Spain - but we need a good striker still.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:52 am

iftikhar wrote:Two weeks to go. Two more weeks. Smile

cheers we HAVE TO start with a win in this season. I dont mind, another penalty save from Mig, ending at 1-0 after 90min

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:05 am

"Remembering that feeling, that’s what drives you,” said Rodgers.

"The Chelsea game was the one. A draw even at Palace was alright.

"Part of the process of winning is being able to lose like we did. What it has done with this team and this group, it has made us even more unified and stronger to be more successful in the future."

"But if you look at the history of the winning teams they have always gone close. You look at the United team that won it in 1993, they came close in 1992 when they just lost it to Leeds.

"They came back the following year and won it. That set up an era of winning for them. They won the Champions League (in 1999) and they just missed out two years before.

"Part of the process of winning is being able to lose like we did. What it has done with this team and this group, it has made us even more unified and stronger to be more successful in the future.

"We have got players that have had disappointments in their career and picked themselves up again.

"For me there was no real hangover, I was just so proud of how we as a whole club got together last season. The supporters talking about making them dream and there is no negative in it for me.

"We went so close but it is only the beginning for us. I’m super hungry to be a champion and succeed and we have shown we have the credentials to do that.
More games that matter

"The Premier League is going to be as competitive as ever. There will be six odd teams who can challenge for it but we’ve reinforced the squad and we will go into it with even more belief with a group of young players who are hungry too.”

"I want a trophy this year,” he said. “My sole aim in the first three years was to get us into the Champions League.

"I knew what it meant to the supporters, the city, the taxi drivers, the people, the businesses... so my drive in that period was to get us back. Now we’re in it, I want the club to win the big trophies again.

"That’s what I’ve said to the players. The expectancy this season is continual improvement. Can we go to the next level? We want to win.

"Our priority will be the Premier League but we want to do well in the Champions League too as it’s a big competition."
:coffee: looks like he spoke too much there, specially about winning EPL

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:45 am

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/aug/08/premier-league-2014-15-preview-liverpool

Premier League 2014-15 preview No9: Liverpool

Brendan Rodgers’ philosophy is embedded as Liverpool enter the season in need of fine-tuning rather than a tactical overhaul. But can they take the next step without Luis Suárez?

Guardian writers’ predicted position: 5th (NB: this is not necessarily Andy Hunter’s prediction but the average of our writers’ tips)

Last season’s position: 2nd

Odds to win the league (via Oddschecker): 12-1

The houses that lined Lothair Road behind the Main Stand at Anfield are all gone now, their bricks and histories bulldozed into oblivion in readiness for a new 21,000-seater construction that is due to rise in 2016.

Rebuilding will follow the demolition and, so put-upon residents plus Liverpool City Council desperately hope, regeneration will follow the rebuilding. What is envisaged outside Anfield is mirrored within, minus the hard hat for project leader Brendan Rodgers.

Rodgers’s wrecking ball arrived via Barcelona, dropped £75m and swung away with Luis Suárez clinging on by his big, busy teeth. How Liverpool cope with the damage is the great conundrum of pre-season, answers ranging from another title challenge – foreseen on this occasion – consolidation in the top four or squeezed back to the margins all carrying weight. And all influenced by the club’s ability to sign another leading striker before the transfer deadline and tighten up at the back afterwards.

Beyond dispute is Liverpool’s mantle as a contender and their reaction to Suárez’s exit. For all the revisionism that has occurred subsequently – he distorted Rodgers’s preferred system, we didn’t want him representing our club anyway ad nauseam – the Uruguay international was the world-class inspiration behind the club’s strongest title challenge of the Premier League era. The blow prompted a swift and considered response.

There have been seven incomings at the time of writing with negotiations continuing for an eighth, the Sevilla left-back Alberto Moreno. Loïc Rémy would have made it nine but for the collapse of a £8.5m transfer from Queens Park Rangers and Liverpool are not finished yet, in or out. Several weak spots Rodgers identified when he arrived as Liverpool manager in 2012 and which undermined the team’s thrilling title challenge last season have been addressed, so too the squad’s depth with a four-season absence from the Champions League over.

Comparisons have been made with Tottenham Hotspur’s scatter-gun spending of the Gareth Bale money but do not stack up. Liverpool played 43 competitive fixtures last season with no European football on the agenda, a blow to prestige that their manager accurately predicted would benefit the team for one season only. Integrating several new faces will naturally take time and not all will settle instantly but that does not apply to three recruits from Southampton. As Rodgers said, with a dig at the club he rejected owing to constant managerial upheaval at White Hart Lane: “It’s a different club and different vision we have here. At Liverpool there’s a strategy behind what we are doing.”

Clearly, Liverpool anticipated Suárez’s departure long before he received a four-month ban for biting Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup and began issuing apologies designed for Catalonian ears. Clearly, they considered the loaded question of how to replace an incredible individual talent like Suárez and reached the obvious conclusion; you cannot.

Rodgers has rebuilt around the Suárez void, increased creativity and energy in the final third through Adam Lallana and Lazar Markovic, added Emre Can’s strength to central midfield, competition for Glen Johnson’s right-back role in Javier Manquillo, a different option up front in Rickie Lambert and, most importantly, a more authoritative presence at centre-half in Dejan Lovren. Whether the defensive reconstruction has gone far enough is debatable and reliant on Manquillo plus Moreno adapting quickly from Spanish football. There remains a need for a dominant voice to emerge from goalkeeper Simon Mignolet, Martin Skrtel, Mamadou Sakho and Daniel Agger, although the Dane’s Anfield future is in doubt.

Rodgers has greater options, his squad appears stronger and the team’s outstanding performances last season should instil a confidence to withstand the shock of their late collapse in the title race. The manager’s philosophy and style are embedded, the club has advanced ahead of schedule as a result, and Liverpool enter the campaign in need of fine-tuning rather than a tactical overhaul. But can they immediately take that next, critical step without Suárez? Clubs rarely improve by selling their best player, and Liverpool’s best player was the one Rodgers had developed his team around.

Suárez brought far more than 31 Premier League goals to Liverpool last term. His movement and instinct petrified opposition defenders, team-mates prospered from his creativity and from the example he set with his relentless will-to-win. Daniel Sturridge may not entirely agree with that final assessment, having received a few public rollickings from his former strike partner, but it is imperative the England international embraces the position of Liverpool’s leader striker following the finest season of his career and the responsibility that comes with it.

“I think you’ll see Daniel go on to another level again this season, with the confidence of a full campaign last year and scoring the goals he did,” Rodgers said. “Hopefully he can stay injury free.”

Sturridge’s 21 goals flowed from his own development as much as Suárez’s vision last term and the onus is on the 24-year-old to improve as a team player. He has Lambert to share that load, a more rounded striker than credited for beyond Southampton, a necessary alternative and a significant improvement on the departed Iago Aspas. Lambert can strike a dead ball for a start. Rodgers has not brought the England international back to his boyhood club on a misguided sentimental journey yet, right now, Sturridge, Lambert and the unwanted Fabio Borini represent Liverpool’s post-Suárez attack. The need to strengthen is glaring, as the manager has stated frequently in recent weeks.

The Sunderland target Borini and Sturridge missed the final game of Liverpool’s pre-season tour of the United States through injury, leaving Lambert to lead the line against Manchester United in Miami. On the basis of deals done, Liverpool have spent £90m this summer and recouped £75.5m. Even if those sums rise to £106m spent and £78m recouped in the coming days the club, with money left over from January, the new broadcasting deal and the return ticket to the Champions League, have the funds for a proven striker. A recent inquiry for Monaco’s Radamel Falcao, though thwarted, indicates the pedigree being targeted.

And yet Liverpool’s campaign rests on more than replacing the guile and goals that have been transferred to Barcelona. One of Rodgers’ first aims as Liverpool manager was to improve the team’s proficiency in front of goal. Job done. Now he must improve the protection afforded the Liverpool goal.

Manchester City scored 102 goals to Liverpool’s 101 in winning the league last season but conceded only 37 to Liverpool’s 50. Crystal Palace, who spent most of the season fighting relegation before rising to 11th under Tony Pulis, conceded 48. Chelsea scored 30 goals fewer than Rodgers’ side but, in shipping only 27 all season, finished two points behind in third. Even a modest reduction in Liverpool’s goals against column last season could have made a monumental difference.

Much, therefore, depends on Lovren, the discipline of the three midfielders in front of him, Steven Gerrard’s reaction to what he described as “probably the worst three months of my life”, the continued upward trajectory of Raheem Sterling and the business Liverpool can or cannot conduct before close of play on 1 September.

In Rodgers, Liverpool possess one of the most astute, forward-thinking coaches in the game. His rebuilding work may run parallel to the new Main Stand proposals and come to fruition in 2016 but his foundations, if not the world-class striker, are in place.
:coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:15 am

Average goals scored per game

Rodgers 2012-13 1st Half: 1.47 goals
Rodgers 2012-13 2nd Half: 2.26 goals
Rodgers 2013-14 1st Half: 2.32 goals
Rodgers 2013-14 2nd half: 3.00 goals

If we somehow improve on that even further this season, that will be really terrifying Shocked
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:07 am

0% chance of improving on that, we'll get a figure between 2-3 hopefully.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:22 am

we dont need to, if we are able to reduce the number goals conceded!!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:06 pm

We'll challenge for the league again and get 80+ points.

Our team is mint. Absolutely mint.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:47 am

so we are pretty much on target with 6 points from first 3 games. International break, so our injured players can get fit quickly

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:55 am

I don't know whether to post in this thread or the Rivals thread, maybe we should have just one? Arsenal drawing at Leicester obviously great news and we're tied with Tottenham and Man City now. Liking how we're looking like at the moment.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:00 am

this thread can be more for liverpool season progress, results wise or whatever.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next