6unner
Chumlum
Raptorgunner
48 posters

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Rival Watch - Page 17 Empty Re: Rival Watch

Post by Helmer Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:47 pm

^no not at all :coffee: that was a genuine post !

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:22 am

^Sure, I believe you :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:51 pm

ffs create a thread for our match already ffs. Want to start discussing it and all the suspensions/injuries we have Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:53 pm

We'll be officially out of top 4 if we lose against Arsenal imo. Must draw it some way.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:16 pm

It's like Tuesday. These scrubs are always late with the previews :coffee:

Just kidding Sam, RG and co. who chip in every now and then, love you guys ffs.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:37 pm

Hank, draw seals our fate as well imo.

If we draw Arsenal will be 6 points ahead of us and United 7 (they will beat Villa at Old Trafford). No way we're gonna catch one of them with 7 matches remaining.

Heck 6 matches remaining. Don't even count the Stanford Bridge match we still have left. Chelsea will beat us like they always do.

Only way we can give ourselves a chance is to win. This is the most MUST win game we've faced all season.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:42 pm

Huge game wrong time. ffs
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:27 am

Hope we can win at Emirates, but fully rooting for you at Stampford Bridge :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:07 am

Don't call me James wrote:Hank, draw seals our fate as well imo.

If we draw Arsenal will be 6 points ahead of us and United 7 (they will beat Villa at Old Trafford). No way we're gonna catch one of them with 7 matches remaining.

Heck 6 matches remaining. Don't even count the Stanford Bridge match we still have left. Chelsea will beat us like they always do.

Only way we can give ourselves a chance is to win. This is the most MUST win game we've faced all season.

okay, seriously stop this now.
How come a draw seals the fate for you guys ?? Stop BSing or reverse jinxing or whatever this is.

Assuming you draw next week and lose against chelz, you will  have 72 points. And assuming we draw against city, lose against chelsea and draw against ars we will have 76. Now The 72 for u will be more or less fixed, as the rest of the games you have are pretty much straight forward ones except may be the hull away fixture, where as for us its not the case. Apart from the probable best case scenario results I have taken into consideration, we will be only 4 points ahead of you or 6 if we win against arsenal(but that again is highly unlikely as it will be the 2nd last match of the season when both teams will be desperate for points so chances are it could very well end in a draw) . It could easily be also 0 point instead of 2 if we lose both home games against ars and city, and on top of that we have a couple or more of potential banana skin games left like everton, palace and hull away. However hard I try being an optimist I simply cant see us taking 9 points from those 3 games. Maximum it will be 7 with minimum 4. Mean value 5.5 and the mean value from the 3 big games = 1. So approx 7 from 6 matches and 13 from 8 Therefore 59+13=72. See, its not over until its over. Until the last matchday that is.

So however hard you guys try to sound pessimistic all of a sudden and play down your chances, reality points to somewhere else. :coffee:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:32 am

Think we will all be a bit more happier when Pardew does one over City next Monday night. Thumbs up

Ok yeah I know Liverpool will then be 7 off 4th if we beat them and United also does their job vs Villa, but bringing out another team into their sight makes the odds of getting the place a bit easier no? hmm

Unless you Pools see the scenario as: all 3 will be out of sight then Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:59 am

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:

How come a draw seals the fate for you guys ?? Stop BSing or reverse jinxing or whatever this is.

Assuming you draw next week and lose against chelz, you will  have 72 points. And assuming we draw against city, lose against chelsea and draw against ars we will have 76. Now The 72 for u will be more or less fixed, as the rest of the games you have are pretty much straight forward ones except may be the hull away fixture, where as for us its not the case. Apart from the probable best case scenario results I have taken into consideration, we will be only 4 points ahead of you or 6 if we win against arsenal(but that again is highly unlikely as it will be the 2nd last match of the season when both teams will be desperate for points so chances are it could very well end in a draw) . It could easily be also 0 point instead of 2 if we lose both home games against ars and city, and on top of that we have a couple or more of potential banana skin games left like everton, palace and hull away. However hard I try being an optimist I simply cant see us taking 9 points from those 3 games. Maximum it will be 7 with minimum 4. Mean value 5.5 and the mean value from the 3 big games = 1. So approx 7 from 6 matches and 13 from 8 Therefore 59+13=72. See, its not over until its over. Until the last matchday that is.

So however hard you guys try to sound pessimistic all of a sudden and play down your chances, reality points to somewhere else. :coffee:

Why are you assuming we'll win all the rest of our matches and make the assumption that United can't do so with their matches?

We have to go to the Brittania (which is tough for every club) and like you said yourself Hull City away is a woeful fixture (they beat us there 3-1 last season). We have to travel to Hawthorns (where we have never won under Rodgers). Plus on top of all this we got FA Cup to still worry about.

Only 3 matches on paper seem straight forward for us out of the remaining 8 in the league.

That post is no reverse jinx or any bs. That is plain realism. If don't beat Arsenal, we're done in the league this season.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:09 pm

Don't call me James wrote:
Lumiere_Blanche wrote:

Assuming you draw next week and lose against chelz, you will  have 72 points. And assuming we draw against city, lose against chelsea and draw against ars we will have 76. Now The 72 for u will be more or less fixed, as the rest of the games you have are pretty much straight forward ones except may be the hull away fixture, where as for us its not the case. Apart from the probable best case scenario results I have taken into consideration,  we will be only 4 points ahead of you or 6 if we win against arsenal(but that again is highly unlikely as it will be the 2nd last match of the season when both teams will be desperate for points so chances are it could very well end in a draw) . It could easily be also 0 point instead of 2 if we lose both home games against ars and city, and on top of that we have a couple or more of potential banana skin games left like everton, palace and hull away. However hard I try being an optimist I simply cant see us taking 9 points from those 3 games. Maximum it will be 7 with minimum 4. Mean value 5.5 and the mean value from the 3 big games = 1. So approx 7 from 6 matches and 13 from 8 Therefore 59+13=72. See, its not over until its over. Until the last matchday that is.

Why are you assuming we'll win all the rest of our matches and make the assumption that United can't do so with their matches?

We have to go to the Brittania (which is tough for every club) and like you said yourself Hull City away is a woeful fixture (they beat us there 3-1 last season). We have to travel to Hawthorns (where we have never won under Rodgers). Plus on top of all this we got FA Cup to still worry about.

Only 3 matches on paper seem straight forward for us out of the remaining 8 in the league.  

That post is no reverse jinx or any bs. That is plain realism. If don't beat Arsenal, we're done in the league this season.

Except that Stoke wont be having anything to play for by then.  Playing them even if it is at Brittania only counts early on in the season. By the end, they usually will pose lesser threat.

Pulis's team on the other hand could be a threat, right. But we too have got a game against them remaining, its at home for sure true. But still our fixture list on either sides of that particular match are pretty scary. chelsea- everton- w brom- palace -arsenal. We could be in a bad shape going into that game. So our home advantage could get evened out cos of that. For you on the other hand, its in between an easy run of matches. You guys have only just gotten out of that winning run you had from the year start. Another 5 match run until chelsea looking at the fixtures cant be ruled out.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:52 pm

It's much easier to be assume that rival teams will perform better. End of. :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:26 pm

For the next 8 matches. Not only do we have to match exactly what United are doing results wise but also better their results by 2 extra wins.

Yeah, like I said logically and realistically if we don't win this we're done for top 4.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:34 pm

Utd fans still discussing the possibility to lose the 4th spot Laughing and win against Arsenal is the only way this miracle of finishing in top 4 would take place :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:45 pm

Don't know who I want to win this Sad for the sake of the league. I'd like Arsenal to finish second ahead of Man City....

If some of the Pool fans (you know who you are Laughing) weren't such OTT posters I'd want Liverpool to get top 4 but then again if Liverpool do we will get people saying they will win the league again Laughing

& Then there's just Scum United urghhhhhhh.

Hmm decisions decisions.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:12 am

So much time obsessing on how well others will end up doing and how it'll affect our respective team positions..

Sorry lads, ain't got no time for this shizz this weekend.. I'm going on holiday to a remote location and abandoning net access till I return.. See you on the other side Laughing

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:20 am

srigooner wrote:So much time obsessing on how well others will end up doing and how it'll affect our respective team positions..

Sorry lads, ain't got no time for this shizz this weekend.. I'm going on holiday to a remote location and abandoning net access till I return.. See you on the other side Laughing

We'll have 3 points wrapped up for you mate, no worries.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:44 am

El Gunner wrote:
srigooner wrote:So much time obsessing on how well others will end up doing and how it'll affect our respective team positions..

no pls, back to back defeats would be too much for us poor Liverpool fans to handle Crying or Very sad

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:49 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

no pls, back to back defeats would be too much for us poor Liverpool fans to handle Crying or Very sad

no offense mate, but you (in the sense the whole of pool fans) yourself are responsible for that. You guys were acting as if we were some frigging conference side before that match. All that was coming out from pool camp was about smashing us, ripping us and thrashing us. over confidence of the highest order was at display. And here in GL, Perhaps not you Heil but everyone else were flying really high expecting nothing short of a Pool domination.

So its natural when someone see something remarkably unexpected as that, they tend to crumble and shatter. Pool section as well as the posts from poolites, resembled a morgue for a couple of days after that match. And it didnt surprise us one bit as a matter of fact.
You Shouldnt get carried away like that. Keep the Feet on the ground mate. Dont put all the apples in the same basket.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:08 pm

El Gunner wrote:

Proud Proud Proud Proud Proud

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:17 pm

Welcome to another edition of Sri's PL Rival Watch. :coffee:

Going to streamline this. I missed all games this weekend, since I was on holiday in Malta.

Home (4) : Everton, Burnley, Southampton, Stoke City, Manchester United, Crystal Palace, Liverpool, Sunderland
Away (4)  : Leicester City*, West Ham United, Hull City, Queens Park Rangers, Arsenal, West Bromwich Albion

*- Postponed

=> I still think they have it well wrapped up.
Don't let 3 'big' games fool you - 2 of them at Bridge and we'll probably bend over for Mourinho again.

MAN UTD 3rd 62pts 27GD

Home (3) : Burnley, Sunderland, Tottenham, Aston Villa, Manchester City, West Bromwich Albion, Arsenal
Away (4)  : Swansea, Newcastle, Liverpool, Chelsea, Everton, Crystal Palace, Hull City

=> First time I am changing order here. United are a point behind us. 2 big games at OT, 1 away to Chelsea.

Home (4)  : Newcastle, Leicester, West Bromwich, West Ham, Aston Villa, Queens Park Rangers, Southampton
Away (3) : Stoke City, Liverpool, Burnley, Crystal Palace, Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur, Swansea City

=> Pardiola. 2-1. 'nuf said. Easier fixtures after OT game, but with current form, Soton and even Spurs in with a chance of giving Liverpool some hope.

7 POINT GAP. TOP FOUR FIXED? ORDER FAR FROM FINIAL IN ANY CASE.

LIVERPOOL 5th 54pts 9GD

Home (3) : Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester City, Burnley, Manchester United, Newcastle United, Queens Park Rangers, Crystal Palace
Away (4)  : Southampton, Swansea City, Arsenal, Hull, West Bromwich Albion, Chelsea, Stoke City

=> Sorry lads, we need the points too. Hope you guys go on another winning streak and keep things interesting, if CIty drop a few more, you could surely sneak into the top 4?

Home (3) : West Ham, Swansea, Leicester, Aston Villa, Manchester City, Hull City
Away (4)  : Liverpool, Queens Park Rangers,  Manchester United, Burnley, Newcastle United, Southampton, Stoke City, Everton

=> Drew away at Burnley. Tied on points with Liverpool and behind on GD.

=> Still only a point behind, but should not be losing to Everton. Losing relevance in the grand scheme.

Till next time. :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:45 pm

Hopefully United and City draw this weekend so we can remain second even after we inevitably drop points against Chelsea.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:01 pm

srigooner wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

I speak only true words :coffee:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:23 pm

El Gunner wrote:
srigooner wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

how should I convince you to write something like: Liverpool will finish in top 4 instead of .... ..... hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:38 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
El Gunner wrote:
srigooner wrote:

how should I convince you to write something like: Liverpool will finish in top 4 instead of .... ..... hmm

The true words come to me spontaneously :coffee:
I don't prophecise bullshit hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next