Uncanny
aldrin_only
Shed
Blue Barrett
Kick
12 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Summer Transfer Rumour Thread - Part II - Page 2 Empty Re: The Summer Transfer Rumour Thread - Part II

Post by Kick Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:27 am

Either Torres or MVG as well as Schwarzer needs to leave/not included in squad.

And bring in someone like Bony/Doumbia/Lacazette Or Pogba or another young promising CF like Berhino/Icardi/Mitrović/Benzia.

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Summer Transfer Rumour Thread - Part II - Page 2 Empty Re: The Summer Transfer Rumour Thread - Part II

Post by Kick Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:30 am

I would have taken Immobile in a heartbeat if he hadn't already gone to Dortmund Crying or Very sad
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:33 am

Schwarzer is likely to be left of the registered PL squad (a la Hilario last season) anyway I think.

Torres out would be a dream.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:37 am

Schwarzer has to be left out. There otherwise we can't take Drogba Laughing

I think MVG and Romeu will be loaned, leaving Cesc, Matic, Ramires, Mikel and Baker for CM. That would allow for another CF or a CM to join.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:41 am

Kick wrote:Schwarzer has to be left out. There otherwise we can't take Drogba Laughing

Senseless contract extension anyway. Bemusing when it was almost certain we'd have both of Courtois and Cech.

Kick wrote:I think MVG and Romeu will be loaned, leaving Cesc, Matic, Ramires, Mikel and Baker for CM. That would allow for another CF or a CM to join.

Ramires out would be great too. Almost as satisfying as Torres, actually.
-
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:44 am

It was, but hey, if they club wants to waste money on him not playing, fine by me.

about Ramires: won't happen while Jose in in charge, we all know that. Torres is much more likely to leave.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:52 am

Both and I'd run down the street naked.

But I know, it's a long-shot No
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:27 am

The Summer Transfer Rumour Thread - Part II - Page 2 Bt0lLNYIMAA0m0h

What a man :bow:
-

U12s girls coach by day, financial mastermind by night Molenation
-

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:06 am

:bow:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:44 am

The Summer Transfer Rumour Thread - Part II - Page 2 Marina-granovskaia_2912122b

And let's not forget this fiscal temptress :bow:
-

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:24 am

How about we troll the whole bloody league by signing Cavani/Falcao? Now that'll be something, wouldn't it? Laughing

Fun fact: We can break the British transfer record twice this window and STILL comply with FFP.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:40 am

Cavani would be brilliant but unfortunately I can't see it.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:29 am

If we were interested in him, there's a high chance of it happening. He wants to leave PSG afterall.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:52 am

Oh I think he'd come, I'm just not sure we'd be able to pursue him.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:57 am

Able as in financially? Or are you referring to the foreign player quotas?

And by the way I do believe at least 2 foreign players are leaving the squad still. Torres(yes, Torres) and someone else. Not Mikel(won't leave till January), maybe Ramires.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:59 am

Blue Barrett wrote:Able as in financially? Or are you referring to the foreign player quotas?

Both. Among others.

Blue Barrett wrote:And by the way I do believe at least 2 foreign players are leaving the squad still. Torres(yes, Torres) and someone else. Not Mikel(won't leave till January), maybe Ramires.

We can only hope The Summer Transfer Rumour Thread - Part II - Page 2 Praying20smiley-1

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:43 am

Blue Barrett wrote:Fun fact: We can break the British transfer record twice this window and STILL comply with FFP.

Money is the least of our problems.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:00 am

I also question whether Mourinho would be keen, crazy as it sounds. I think if we did manage to sell another foreign player and free up a spot for one to come in, he's far more likely to use it on another position. We've already got Costa, Drogba and Torres (dependent on whether he'd be the one leaving, I know), and he's not exactly known for his teams being heavy on strikers, nor are his sides typically dependent on them. He didn't keep many when he was with us the first time, nor did he at Inter, nor did he at Madrid.
-

"We recovered the ball, one pass and Diego created the situation. When you have this kind of player it’s important because you can score out of context."

"The other good thing is we have not just Diego – we also have Drogba and Torres. I know what they can give. I also know because of Fernando’s great mentality he is ready to work the way he did today."

"We can work and play with two of them at the same time. We are preparing things and we are working on things where it is possible to have two of them on the pitch. We have a group of three strikers that hopefully are going to give us a lot."
-

What he said about our the state of our strikeforce after the game yesterday.
-
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:09 am

Blue Barrett wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:Fun fact: We can break the British transfer record twice this window and STILL comply with FFP.

I honestly don't think we will try. I have a feeling the club may be looking to pull a profit to show that we can do well with FFP.

Recent quote from Jose about FFP (part of the Lukaku sale) :
That reduced, immediately, his desire to come to us. After that Everton came with an important offer and as I always say, because it's the reality of our club and we want to be inside the Financial Fair Play rules, it's always in the thoughts of the board
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/everton/11000479/Romelu-Lukaku-ready-to-write-new-chapter-after-completing-record-28m-transfer-from-Chelsea-to-Everton.html

That, to me, screams 'we don't want to spend just because we can'.

Since we don't need another big CF, I doubt we'll get one. I think it'll more likely be a lower level CF, or a promising one.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:21 am

Shed wrote:I also question whether Mourinho would be keen, crazy as it sounds. I think if we did manage to sell another foreign player and free up a spot for one to come in, he's far more likely to use it on another position. We've already got Costa, Drogba and Torres (dependent on whether he'd be the one leaving, I know), and he's not exactly known for his teams being heavy on strikers, nor are his sides typically dependent on them. He didn't keep many when he was with us the first time, nor did he at Inter, nor did he at Madrid.
-

"We recovered the ball, one pass and Diego created the situation. When you have this kind of player it’s important because you can score out of context."

"The other good thing is we have not just Diego – we also have Drogba and Torres. I know what they can give. I also know because of Fernando’s great mentality he is ready to work the way he did today."

"We can work and play with two of them at the same time. We are preparing things and we are working on things where it is possible to have two of them on the pitch. We have a group of three strikers that hopefully are going to give us a lot."
-

What he said about our the state of our strikeforce after the game yesterday.
-

Of course ALL that is assuming Torres isn't actually the one being sold. Seeing as Cavani offers every single positive Torres does offer, and a whole lot more.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:22 am

Kick wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

I honestly don't think we will try. I have a feeling the club may be looking to pull a profit to show that we can do well with FFP.

That reduced, immediately, his desire to come to us. After that Everton came with an important offer and as I always say, because it's the reality of our club and we want to be inside the Financial Fair Play rules, it's always in the thoughts of the board
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/everton/11000479/Romelu-Lukaku-ready-to-write-new-chapter-after-completing-record-28m-transfer-from-Chelsea-to-Everton.html

Since we don't need another big CF, I doubt we'll get one. I think it'll more likely be a lower level CF, or a promising one.

Valid point. We'd be fine though if we were to spend say 45m on Cavani. He was also speaking about FFP when we sold Mata yet we went ahead and bought Matic, Zouma & Salah in the same window. We'd be perfectly fine.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:23 am

Even if Torres were to be the one to leave, I'm still not certain he'd go for Cavani.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:25 am

Shed wrote:Even if Torres were to be the one to leave, I'm still not certain he'd go for Cavani.

Its a rumour, of course. No one actually knows who Jose is interested in for sure. For all we know, he might not even be looking at Cavani at all. Just that it does make a lot of sense and would ensure we're absolutely secured as far as scoring goals.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:28 am

Blue Barrett wrote:
Kick wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

Valid point. We'd be fine though if we were to spend say 45m on Cavani. He was also speaking about FFP when we sold Mata yet we went ahead and bought Matic, Zouma & Salah in the same window. We'd be perfectly fine.

Oh, I have no doubt we'd be fine, we're currently well in the green in terms of transfers and we all know the club will be well aware of the position.

I just can't see us spending big, knowing our recent trends, this window has actually been surprisingly quiet in terms of buying young talent. Pasalic, Zouma, MVG, Atsu, Azpiliceuta, Romeu, Piazon, Bamford, KDB, Courtois and Lukaku have all been recent transfers in with thoughts towards the future.

There has been none of that thus far (Pasalic counts as a January signing Laughing ) so I'd be shocked if we didn't sign someone young and talented. Probably a CF under the age of 21 to fill Lukaku's spot.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:29 am

Blue Barrett wrote:and would ensure we're absolutely secured as far as scoring goals.

Don't be so sure...

I wouldn't put it past our luck to have both of them flop at the same time The Summer Transfer Rumour Thread - Part II - Page 2 Pvqfn

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:29 am

I'd just like to say, at this point, I'm happy to sign who ever, Cavani, Pogba or some unknown CF from Bulgaria. This window has been fantastic and I don't think the club will spoil that now.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next