Red Alert
CBarca
El Gunner
RedOranje
Art Morte
83 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V2 - Page 23 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V2

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:43 pm

So is Valencia Man Uniteds starting right wing back now?

Can't imagine anybody else who could pull it off, not that he's anything special

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V2 - Page 23 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V2

Post by Glory Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:05 pm

^ never. If valencia is our starting rwb for the season I wont watch a single match. Its as simple as that. The ultimate liability. The mega moron who have a hard on for blasting the ball at the opposition full back's nuts in the name of crossing.

Its rafael and he is injured right now. Rolling Eyes and hopefully the back ups gonna be one of those youngsters and not this pos from now on.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:12 am

The only players from Utd I'd take in our starting XI are DDG and Di Maria (and once we sign Valdes in October, then not even DDG)

O, and kudos to Newcastle. Got rid of dressing room cancer like Ben Arfa and shipped off dross like Mbiwa cutting their wage bill, and bringing more unity and togetherness to the squad. I think they'll do very well this year. Pardew finally imposing his own vision on the team.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:34 am

^ why are you getting so insecure mate. We are not even saying anything. If you are getting so itchy and want to blabber on how good pool is and how bad we are go somewhere else cos here nobodys interested, I suggest go and bang the doors of redcafe. There you might find a lot of dogs who will bark at your hate posts if thats what your intention is.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:37 am

Dear Leader, where do you take the conviction that Man Utd could spend what they're spending "10 times over"?
I really don't think so, their wage bill must be MASSIVE by now, and it certainly is not going to get smaller lol.
I think Woodward is setting them on a dangerous path actually.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:08 am

Natalie Portman wrote:The only players from Utd I'd take in our starting XI are DDG and Di Maria (and once we sign Valdes in October, then not even DDG)

O, and kudos to Newcastle. Got rid of dressing room cancer like Ben Arfa and shipped off dross like Mbiwa cutting their wage bill, and bringing more unity and togetherness to the squad. I think they'll do very well this year. Pardew finally imposing his own vision on the team.

I'm glad you find this so funny, I bet you wouldn't be so happy if Hodgson was still at Liverpool with Hicks and Gilette as owners.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:12 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:The only players from Utd I'd take in our starting XI are DDG and Di Maria (and once we sign Valdes in October, then not even DDG)

I'm glad you find this so funny, I bet you wouldn't be so happy if Hodgson was still at Liverpool with Hicks and Gilette as owners.

Remember how you broke me and McAgger so easily by trolling Agger....that was my comeback Proud

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:16 am

Blargh the manager and owner have already broken me.

Couldn't care any less about the club than I do know.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:40 am

A window where we've bought Di Maria and Falcao, with no CL football, while LFC bought Lambert and Lallana with CL football.
That's because you had Welbeck, Cleverly, Fellani while we had...
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:48 am

^ Ifty...they first won the pre-season trophy...and now they think they've won the transfer-trophy.

all giddy ...until you know....the actual match day comes along Very Happy

And they just bought players because they became available...we actually scouted every single one of ours. anyways, enough of that. French journo on twitter is just mad Proud

Jonathan Johnson ‏@Jon_LeGossip · 2h
Disappointed to see Falcao leave Ligue 1 as it is the final nail in the Monaco coffin. El Tigre leaving France as a transfer flop.

Falcao scored 13 goals in 22 games (all competitions) in total for Monaco. 3 of those were penalties. Ligue 1 fans right to be disappointed.

Those figures flatter Falcao, who showed his limitations in Ligue 1. Offers nothing outside of box. Often like playing with 10 men for ASM.

Ligue 1 much maligned, but Falcao's failure shows how difficult it is to succeed as a striker in France. Only very best are prolific #Zlatan

Yet despite all of that, Manchester United will actually help Monaco make a profit from him. Astonishing. Damaged goods after his injury.

Falcao's attitude re: Champions League disappointing. Big fuss about it when he arrived at ASM, now no guarantee he'll get it next season.

Jonathan Johnson ‏@Jon_LeGossip · 1h
Also note Edinson Cavani, despite mostly playing out wide, had scored more goals by end of 2013 than Falcao did in his entire time with ASM.

Jonathan Johnson ‏@Jon_LeGossip · 1h
Getting a lot of "but Falcao was injured." He was not injured first half of season & by then was already being called a flop.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:50 am

RVP out for nearly 8 months if/when he under-goes knee op.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:52 am

my god you are obsessed with us, im convinced RedCafe is you're home page at this point Laughing
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:57 am

https://vine.co/v/MlAH5aHLun3
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:59 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:https://vine.co/v/MlAH5aHLun3

rofl
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:24 am

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/77317000/jpg/_77317249_tdd_numbers_summer14_v3.jpg

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/77317000/jpg/_77317246_transferwindowspends_v1.jpg
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:27 am

Danny Welbeck suffers training injury with NT

Already Shocked

Yaya Sanogo step up and carry the team vs City them Proud
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:28 am

Natalie Portman wrote:

And they just bought players because they became available...we actually scouted every single one of ours.

this one is epic. rofl okay... as you say boss. Laughing

Last edited by Lumiere_Blanche on Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:30 am

^^ I have heard Football Clubs were using football Manager to scout and buy player hmm
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:32 am

nasir6371 wrote:
Danny Welbeck suffers training injury with NT

Already Shocked

Yaya Sanogo step up and carry the team vs City them Proud

Don't play till the 13th and it doesn't sound like anything serious.

Even if he isn't ready to play by then, he was never going to start against you anyways. Wenger doesn't throw forwards into the fire like that, he'll likely make a few sub appearances to adjust to the system before starting and getting major minutes
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:09 am

Leeds ffs rofl dat top bantz

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V2 - Page 23 BwjasAJCMAAc5Ks
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:31 am

Let me preface this post by stating that I have not read anything in the past 2 pages of this thread as I immediately opted to reply to this post, so if what I say has already been posted then I apologise.

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:there are no worries because we do things sensibly and also the word 'sustainable' is so important!!!

Important to stockholders and the other suits.

To fans it shouldn't matter one *bleep* jot.
This is absolute, grade A nonsense. The club matters to fans. Hell, the club is the very reason for the existence of the fandom. A club failing to operate within a sustainable framework threatens the existence of the club. Therefore is should (and for many is) of real interest and importance to the fans.

And before you try to suggest that clubs can be "too big to fail" let's take a second here to remember one Leeds United. Portsmouth. Rangers, one of the two largest clubs in Scotland. And for something a bit closer to home how about just under 5 years ago when Liverpool FC were literally hours away from administration and extremely likely liquidation due to failure to operate within a sustainable framework?

Certain clubs can operate on wild fees and huge wages (and thrived on it in recent years, inspiring the FFP changes) but the vast majority of clubs cannot... and with their operating debt United cannot build a sustainable model around such spending either. They can absolutely absorb such spending in isolated windows but continued operation at that level, particularly if they miss out on the major CL money again, is an incredibly dangerous game and the supporters should absolutely be concerned by it and the shifting dynamic within the club that recent windows have suggested.

To claim that supporters do not have a vested interest and should not be concerned by an aspect that has a very real and very direct influence on the continued existence of the club itself is unmitigated and unadulterated bullshit.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:35 am

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:

And they just bought players because they became available...we actually scouted every single one of ours.

this one is epic. rofl okay... as you say boss. Laughing

That's sort of exactly what LVG said about Falcao though...

"...when a player of this calibre becomes available it is an opportunity not to be missed." - LVG

However, given the level of the players in question [Di Maria, Falcao] a great deal of scouting isn't really necessary as the players' abilities and attributes, relative strengths and weaknesses, etc are already fairly well known to all major clubs and managers.  So it's not that Sepi was wrong in what he said, just that he was (as per usual) making a bigger deal out of it than it really is.

EDIT: Correction: Sepi is outright wrong on at least one count... Liverpool did not heavily scout Balotelli as we did not initially even consider him a possibility and only changed our minds when Milan dropped the price and Remy failed his medical. There was really no time to practically scout him between the collapse of one deal and initiation of the other.

Last edited by RedOranje on Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correction)
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:46 am

Yeah because what happened to Leeds and Portsmouth is relevant to now lol.

If the TV money income was like it is now then what happened to Leeds and Portsmouth would have been avoided.

Rangers are irrelevant to what I'm saying as they are in Scotland as I was responding to the idea that a big PL club which are not under concern of relegation.

In this instance it doesn't matter, at least it doesn't to those who aren't sheep and believe every word that the lying money men say.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:05 am

I've just known n ow that West Ham will change his historical boylen castle badge with one scrub . Shocked for it, I hope their fans will make as Toffees 1 year ago
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:07 am

I'll take your complete avoidance of the Liverpool situation as admission that you have no real counterpoint or argument against that example.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:10 am

RedOranje wrote:EDIT: Correction: Sepi is outright wrong on at least one count... Liverpool did not heavily scout Balotelli as we did not initially even consider him a possibility and only changed our minds when Milan dropped the price and Remy failed his medical. There was really no time to practically scout him between the collapse of one deal and initiation of the other.

This isn't true either since Liverpool were linked with Balotelli before the world cup. The head of AC Milan even alluded to a deal being in place with an EPL team before the WC that ended up falling apart.

I think we were in on Balotelli before but the asking price was too high, and then when the price dropped we jumped on it.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next