dostoevsky
S
ExtremistEnigma
Motogp69
Kick
69 posters

Page 11 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

2014 Summer Transfers Rumours Mk.X - Page 11 Empty Re: 2014 Summer Transfers Rumours Mk.X

Post by windkick Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:00 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:PSG owner, Perez and Mendes in Monaco now apparently. rofl Any Mendes clients left in PSG?

2014 Summer Transfers Rumours Mk.X - Page 11 BwIpMUVIUAAvSqO

Arbeloa close to finalising a deal to Arsenal apparently

http://www.soymadridista.com/index.php/real-madrid/item/5542-arbeloa-se-marcha-en-otra-salida-sorpresa

Any players left??????

They were just at the living drawing

windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

2014 Summer Transfers Rumours Mk.X - Page 11 Empty Re: 2014 Summer Transfers Rumours Mk.X

Post by windkick Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:00 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Valencia and Juventus have made bids for Javier Hernandez, according to BBC.

Come on...go to Valencia! Smile
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:50 pm

Given the "English surcharge," £8-9m for a 25yo midfielder with experience in the CL and a PL medal sounds about right. Cleverley is a solid player who will probably do well for a midtable club... he's about on par with McCarthy at Everton who moved for a notably higher price. I know in football fandom it's standard practice to see players as either world beaters or utter crap with no middle ground but I think we're all smart enough to realise that there's a wide spectrum of talent and just because a player isn't up to the level of playing for a ManUtd/Madrid/Bayern it doesn't mean they're not solid players who can do well for "smaller" clubs.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:58 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
Di Marzio wrote:Florentino Perez is with Jorge Mendes in Monte Carlo, they are waiting for Monaco's DOF to negotiate Falcao

Falcao to ride the bench? hmm

You wish Laughing

CR will make sure his BFF is an automatic starter Proud
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:59 pm

RedOranje wrote:Given the "English surcharge," £8-9m for a 25yo midfielder with experience in the CL and a PL medal sounds about right. Cleverley is a solid player who will probably do well for a midtable club... he's about on par with McCarthy at Everton who moved for a notably higher price. I know in football fandom it's standard practice to see players as either world beaters or utter crap with no middle ground but I think we're all smart enough to realise that there's a wide spectrum of talent and just because a player isn't up to the level of playing for a ManUtd/Madrid/Bayern it doesn't mean they're not solid players who can do well for "smaller" clubs.

Come on now, McCarthy is way better than Cleverly Red.

At the very least McCarthy has much better work rate.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:02 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Di Marzio wrote:Florentino Perez is with Jorge Mendes in Monte Carlo, they are waiting for Monaco's DOF to negotiate Falcao

Actually that those guys are in Monte Carlo today, of all days, is not very explosive or meaningful information Laughing

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:03 pm

Just realised, they are there for CL draw lmao.

Nick pls.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:08 pm

Di Marzio wrote:Borussia Dortmund want to bring back Shinji Kagawa, who left in 2012. His stint at Manchester United has been negative, Klopp pushes for his return. They are negotiating a permanent deal, Borussia would pay a £10 fee plus £2M add-ons. The clubs are in advanced talks. Klopp waits for the versatile Japanese, Kagawa is close to moving back to Dortmund
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:10 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:

Actually that those guys are in Monte Carlo today, of all days, is not very explosive or meaningful information Laughing

That doesn't prove that they are not talking about transfers though lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:16 pm

Kagawa and a first go at Reus next summer pls :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:20 pm

Zealous wrote:
RedOranje wrote:Given the "English surcharge," £8-9m for a 25yo midfielder with experience in the CL and a PL medal sounds about right. Cleverley is a solid player who will probably do well for a midtable club... he's about on par with McCarthy at Everton who moved for a notably higher price. I know in football fandom it's standard practice to see players as either world beaters or utter crap with no middle ground but I think we're all smart enough to realise that there's a wide spectrum of talent and just because a player isn't up to the level of playing for a ManUtd/Madrid/Bayern it doesn't mean they're not solid players who can do well for "smaller" clubs.

Having watched both, I disagree. The main difference in "workrate" can be directly attributed to the roles and instructions they've been given by their managers in recent years. We've seen in the past that Cleverley is quite willing to do the leg work in a midfield if he's given the orders/license to do so and will do it twice a week rather than once like McCarthy does. They're both on similar levels on the ball and while McCarthy is better positionally and in tackling, Cleverley is better at moving the ball along and keeping tempo further up the field where McCarthy can be a bit wasteful.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:30 pm

RedOranje wrote:
Zealous wrote:

Having watched both, I disagree. The main difference in "workrate" can be directly attributed to the roles and instructions they've been given by their managers in recent years. We've seen in the past that Cleverley is quite willing to do the leg work in a midfield if he's given the orders/license to do so and will do it twice a week rather than once like McCarthy does. They're both on similar levels on the ball and while McCarthy is better positionally and in tackling, Cleverley is better at moving the ball along and keeping tempo further up the field where McCarthy can be a bit wasteful.

Well I guess it depends on what you're looking for but playing for big teams Cleverly's skills aren't really better than what will already be available.

McCarthy does have something to offer bigger teams imo, at least more than Cleverly can. He offers much more thrust in midfield in addition to being smarter with his positioning/defending.

I've watched both with Wigan extensively and McCarthy for me has always been way more consistent and dependable.

I'm not saying I don't agree with you that Cleverly is a decent player, because he is. But I don't agree with the McCarthy comparison, I would compare him to someone else like Delph or Mark Noble.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:32 pm

Zealous wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:

That doesn't prove that they are not talking about transfers though lol

no of course not
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:45 pm

Exactly though, you watched McCarthy regularly with Wigan... where he's clearly better than most players around him and therefore stands out for his qualities.  At Everton he's not stood out nearly so much despite playing just as well. Cleverley would as well if he had been in a similar club with similar quality rather than being at United where not only was he surrounded by superior players (by and large) who made him look average, but he was also hyped beyond logical means just by coming through at such a club... and when he failed to live up to that hype by playing to his level he was deemed poorer than he really is.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:53 pm

RedOranje wrote:Exactly though, you watched McCarthy regularly with Wigan... where he's clearly better than most players around him and therefore stands out for his qualities.  At Everton he's not stood out nearly so much despite playing just as well. Cleverley would as well if he had been in a similar club with similar quality rather than being at United where not only was he surrounded by superior players (by and large) who made him look average, but he was also hyped beyond logical means just by coming through at such a club... and when he failed to live up to that hype by playing to his level he was deemed poorer than he really is.

Celverly would be surrounded by superior players at Everton as well though lol

Anyway I really think McCarthy will only get better under Roberto. He has the potential to develop into a very good player.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:01 pm

Zealous wrote:
RedOranje wrote:Exactly though, you watched McCarthy regularly with Wigan... where he's clearly better than most players around him and therefore stands out for his qualities.  At Everton he's not stood out nearly so much despite playing just as well. Cleverley would as well if he had been in a similar club with similar quality rather than being at United where not only was he surrounded by superior players (by and large) who made him look average, but he was also hyped beyond logical means just by coming through at such a club... and when he failed to live up to that hype by playing to his level he was deemed poorer than he really is.

Anyway I really think McCarthy will only get better under Roberto. He has the potential to develop into a very good player.

Thank you for basically proving everything I've said so far with that comment.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:31 pm

Tottenham are pursuing a loan deal for Welbeck however have ended their interest in signing Song on loan, according to Sky Sports.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:34 pm

Atletico Madrid's Cristian Rodriguez is close to joining Monaco, according to Sky Italia.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:35 pm

Sunderland are close to signing Atletico Madrid defender Alderweireld, according to Sky Italia.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:38 pm

B-Mac wrote:Kagawa and a first go at Reus next summer pls :coffee:

Like Reus is gonna come when you don't have CL rofl
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:44 pm

RedOranje wrote:
Zealous wrote:

Thank you for basically proving everything I've said so far with that comment.

McCarthy would be one of those superior players lol

I'm really not sure what you're trying to prove here because Mccarthy is better than Cleverly. I agree that Cleverly would look better if he played for West Brom or Hull because he is a decent player and would be an asset to a mid table team, I just don't agree with the McCarthy comparison. You said he was "on par with McCarthy" that's simply not true.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:49 pm

Like Di Maria? Oh wait Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:52 pm

Kagawa for 12m rofl omg I just love the way Dortmund get their players back :bow:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:53 pm

Why are they signing Kagawa with Mkhitaryan already at CAM. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:54 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Like Di Maria? Oh wait Laughing

Di Maria and Mata didn't have anyone else on the market for them.

Reus is gonna have the whole world after him

Don't make stupid ass comments like that ever again Moal you hear me.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:54 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:Kagawa for 12m rofl omg I just love the way Dortmund get their players back :bow:

It's not in anyway close to being done lol, that's just what Dortmund are willing to pay.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 25  Next