EL Patron
RedMamba
RealGunner
Raptorgunner
Jay29
51 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by 6unner Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:22 am

REWB wrote:im telling you, we are not buying a another forward player lol. we cant have 2 forward players out of 3 being new to the club starting, there will be no cohesion.

sanchez---new CF---cazorla

sanchez himself is already struggling to fit into the team, a new striker imo would just make things worse. i knew that once we brought sanchez there was no way another player in a forward position was going to come in.

We can have 3 of 3 having no experience playing together without bringing someone in. So what?

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by EL Patron Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:22 am

If we get him, the competition in midfield will be insane Shocked
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:27 am

If we are not getting a defensive midfielder then I'd much rather we aim a bit higher and go for Khedira instead of Rabiot, surely Real Madrid won't want him to go for free next season.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:30 am

urbaNRoots wrote:If we are not getting a defensive midfielder then I'd much rather we aim a bit higher and go for Khedira instead of Rabiot, surely Real Madrid won't want him to go for free next season.

Arsene will convert Rabiot to the player Diaby was meant to be :coffee:
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:30 am

That's so much money for a young guy who hasn't even really played that much, and has a year left on his contract ...

Not anti-Rabiot or anything. Just saying. Even Arsenal's reported "low" offer is pretty high.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:31 am

EL Patron wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:If we are not getting a defensive midfielder then I'd much rather we aim a bit higher and go for Khedira instead of Rabiot, surely Real Madrid won't want him to go for free next season.

Laughing Heard that with different names a few times.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:36 am

6unner wrote:
EL Patron wrote:

Laughing Heard that with different names a few times.

How dare you doubt Arsene power of conversion Surprised
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:40 am

I'm reading about Rabiot's mom/agent. She's extremely pushy and was the reason he left Man City's academy. He pushed for him to be loaned out and is the reason he's leaving PSG now as well. Very worrying to have a parent/agent who is that influential and destructive.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2014/08/22/5052111/keeping-mum-meet-young-psg-star-adrien-rabiot-and-his-pushy
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:42 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:If we're doing that, I hope we ditch this 4-1-4-1 experiment and go back to 4-2-3-1. Need to get players close to Alexis and the 4-1-4-1 has too flat a midfield to accomplish that... and it forces Ozil out of his best position.

It does look like Arsene wants to play Sanchez like Chile does. But that won't happen in 4-1-4-1. It's best accomplished in a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3.

And it can only happen when Walcott plays the Vargas role or Podolski/Campbell. Which I am sure they will. But that means a bit of shuffle with our other midfielders.

-------------------Szczesny----------------------
Debuchy------Mert----------Kos-----------Gibbs
--------------Ramsey---------Arteta-------------
-----------------------Ozil-----------------------
-----Walcott-------------------------------Oxlade/Cazorla/Poldi/Joel
----------------Sanchez--------------------------

It can work. Even if it's lightweight upfront. But it can work with more understanding between the players.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:45 am

lol RVP/Nasri went for 22-24M With one year left on contract
what in a world has Rabiot done to warrant that fee??
plus i dont think double pivot of him and Ramsey is ideal/not good enough defensively

Maybe deep passer in 4-3-3

we aint getting CF,dont care IF we do any business at all then

hope Arteta is back soon
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:53 am

This is for a separate thread, but I think Arsenal need to also press high up the field if they want to play 4-1-4-1. Win the ball high up and you've already got players close to the lone front man.

I've not seen anything of Rabiot. Hear he's a good passer of the ball, which is important for Wenger. Good height, too. Maybe if he filled out a bit he could be a DM for us.

The price tag seems ridiculous, though, for a player in the last year of his contract. Can understand it for a player like Khedira, who's proven at the top level, but for a kid it would seem a very un-Wenger thing to do.

Last edited by GoonerJay29 on Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:53 am

Rabbiot looks like a right Mummy's boy as well Laughing

His mum sounds like trouble as well but Arsene will tame her, he has deal with people like these in the past. I remember Anelka had the worse entourage ever, his brother basically turned him into a mercenary.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:54 am

If Rabiot has the intelligence and positioning of Busquets then he will be alright. But that's a big IF

like IF we actually are in for him lol.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:06 am

He is the type of player Arsene likes tho, good on the ball but not quite CM nor a DM. In my opinion he is too dynamic to play defensive mid maybe Arsene sees a potential defensive mid/deep lying playmaker in there like he did with Arteta hmm
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:28 am

Palmeri says Arsenal are in for Destro

Finally a good link. Would take him anyday.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:47 am

which Palmeri is that?The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 8 Market_15514_1390429635

i Want Cavani/Falcao Sad
but Sanchez will there his whole life and Sanogo will be back him up Molenation
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:08 am

Destro is fine, not an upgrade on Giroud btw, just an emergency signing that is. He's at about the same level as Giroud but does offer some more mobility.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:00 pm

this thread has truly entered meltdown Laughing

Wenger just playing coy imo to drive prices down. Doesn't want to come across desperate. I still think we will resolve our striker situation before the window closes.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:38 pm

I don't even know why we don't just try get Song back from Barcelona he is being mentioned as someone to leave.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RedMamba Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:26 pm

sanchez was bought to be played in the middle, wenger said it before, good thing he has to do it from the start. this late in the window, we cannot replace giroud, if we buy remy on 80k we won't be able to offload him the next 3 years. gotta take the bitter pill of wengers own making.

better build the team around sanchez than ozil and buy the frikking DM+CB already.
RedMamba
RedMamba
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:58 pm

Falcao loan 20m. Thoughts? (other than how ridiculous the idea is).. Just for fun though..

They pay his wages but we can't really say we save 15-20m on the deal because he gets paid X amount... lets say we had another striker of Falcaos stature - we would probably not pay more than 220k p/week, that's about 11m for the year.

So 9m "out of pocket" to sign Falcao for a year. Seems like a decent deal to me. Has its advantages in some ways to sign someone we don't really want on a 3-4 year contract. Particularly if that 9m will give us a genuine crack at the title/CL.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:42 pm

Di Marzio wrote:Wenger is looking for defensive reinforcement and he’s targeting Borussia’s Dortmund’s Greek defender Papastathopulos. They offered €15M plus bonuses, the German club wants €25M. They parties are in touch, Gunners pursue the former Milan centre-back.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:31 pm

So Wenger on buying a new striker said: "Nobody!"
Laughing
Absolutely ridiculous. Wenger wants to turn Sanchez into his very own Luis Suarez, but he doesn't have the formation for that. Unless he wants to change it hmm
I don't get it. Why are we experimenting stuff when we don't have the players for it, especially knowing we could fall out of the title race in the space of 4-6 matches.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:40 pm

Sokratis would be brilliant, but I don't see why he would move to Arsenal to be a backup when he already starts for Dortmund besides I don't see why Dortmund would sell him in the first place and for €15m.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:45 pm

El Gunner wrote:So Wenger on buying a new striker said: "Nobody!"
Laughing
Absolutely ridiculous. Wenger wants to turn Sanchez into his very own Luis Suarez, but he doesn't have the formation for that. Unless he wants to change it hmm
I don't get it. Why are we experimenting stuff when we don't have the players for it, especially knowing we could fall out of the title race in the space of 4-6 matches.

Only 3 more years of this mad KING!
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedMamba Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:32 am

Raptorgunner wrote:
El Gunner wrote:So Wenger on buying a new striker said: "Nobody!"
Laughing

Only 3 more years of this mad KING!

if sanchez wasn't brought in to be arsene's very own suarez, that would be worrying, i applaud the balls!
RedMamba
RedMamba
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next