EL Patron
RedMamba
RealGunner
Raptorgunner
Jay29
51 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 30 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sri Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:40 am

Sina wrote:Arsene saving that money and #5 shirt for John Stones
one more to the British core Very Happy

Sina :bow:

This was the only post I felt like replying to this morning :coffee: Just tired of the repetitive arguments on certain other topic - can't beat dead horses.

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 30 Tumblr_md7ip9vx3Z1rfy2fao1_500-1_zps14ea8bc8

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 30 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by MJ Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:44 am

srigooner wrote:
This was the only post I felt like replying to this morning :coffee: Just tired of the repetitive arguments on certain other topic - can't beat dead horses.
The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 30 Tumblr_md7ip9vx3Z1rfy2fao1_500-1_zps14ea8bc8

Amen :bow:

cringeworthy, how little people are reading before they post.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:12 pm

I was away from GL for the end of the window; the kneejerk doom-and-gloom here was strong. Razz

Almost every word of the first three paragraphs in Tim Stillman's Arseblog column today rings true IMO: http://arseblog.com/2014/09/welbecks-mellow-gold/

The transfer season is a lot of fun, and getting great players and high-potential prospects is crucial for a big club ... but there comes a point where treating the window very seriously like its own independent competition more important than action on the pitch just gets silly.

For the record, I am very worried and surprised by the failure to get in another defensive signing. I honestly expected Sokratis before I would have expected Welbeck on the deadline day. This thinness in number is a big, unwise gamble IMO and I shudder to think what sort of plan, if any, Wenger and the club are banking on if Kos or Mert (or multiple defenders) gets a bad injury.

That all said, life is too short and full of too many actual problems to be moaning much about a potential disasters and catastrophes when we've secured yet another CL season and haven't yet lost a match ... sports are supposed to be fun and frankly the way I look at it at the moment is, whatever shortcomings have emerged in the window, the season has started and it's all about the fun of the us-vs-them mentality. As long as they wear and work hard for the badge, I'm happy to get behind whatever players are here now, in reality.

Welbeck to score a brace, assisted by Özil and Alexis, versus Man City. Debuchy to set up Ramsey for a third in stoppage time. :coffee:
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:20 pm

To sum up my feelings during deadline day Very Happy
The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 30 Wenger-on-arsenals-signings_o_1115599
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:06 pm

MAIL: Olivier Giroud lined up for a 4-year deal, whilst Mikel Arteta is set for a 2-year deal.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:24 pm

Colombian press report that Arsenal are in talks with 38-year-old free agent Mario Yepes. Had a fine World Cup.

Having accepted that the window is over and that this is our squad, as a short term addition, it would be better than no one.

Probably just agent talk to engineer a move elsewhere.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:48 pm

RealGunner wrote:MAIL: Olivier Giroud lined up for a 4-year deal, whilst Mikel Arteta is set for a 2-year deal.

Only at Arsenal you can see injured players getting huge contracts. rofl
Spoiler:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:50 pm

MJ wrote:Colombian press report that Arsenal are in talks with 38-year-old free agent Mario Yepes. Had a fine World Cup.

Having accepted that the window is over and that this is our squad, as a short term addition, it would be better than no one.

Probably just agent talk to engineer a move elsewhere.

I would take him tbh, one year deal would not be a bad idea.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:00 pm

Bwp hattrick last night. On his way to absolutely smash the mls scoring record

Henry said he was Ian Wright + 1.. He has developed his game on playing around him and how to give him service

Mls season ends soonish.. We should so take him on loan see what he can do. The mls offseason is so long he'll probably be looking to go somewhere

VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:21 pm

There is a Cavani to Arsenal in January rumors floating around on Twitter. WHat do y'all think?
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:41 pm

that it's never going to happen lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:02 pm

especially since we just sign welbeck, there are more pressing concerns, a cb and a dm.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:52 pm

Does anyone really think that with Welbeck, Giroud and Sanogo (whatever you think of him, Wenger clearly rates him) that we'd add a wc striker to that mix?

As REWB said and Wenger has said, we need a physical presence in our midfield and a CB.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:12 pm

I expect Wenger to wait it out on a DM and not sign one until next summer ... if he signs a holding midfielder, strictly speaking, at all.

I also expect Wenger to bring in CB this January, and for that to be the only substantial activity ... but then again I would have bet a little money on him buying in the same position this past summer, and (crazily) he didn't. So who knows. I hope he does though.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwame2u Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:25 am

The only type of player that may come in soon, will be a defender.
With Abou Diaby making progress on his comeback, Wenger will def be banking on him & will probably turn him into the holding mid we've so desperately been needing.
There's also Le'Coq in the mix. I do not see a dm being bought with these 2 in the mix
Kwame2u
Kwame2u
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:06 pm

http://swissramble.blogspot.ch/2014/09/arsenal-money-changes-everything.html?m=1

Brilliant Swiss Ramble breaks down our financial situation after latest results made public by Arsenal.

It's a great read but the one information most Arsenal fans are interested in is: Swiss Ramble believes we will have around £40-50m (minimum) to spend in January while around £208m cash is just sitting there like Huell on Breaking Bad for no one knows exactly why.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:20 pm

I have been waiting for an update from Ramble on the financial break down for a few weeks now.. Thanks for sharing! Will read and post my thoughts after work :-)

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:33 pm

time to get off William Carvalho bandwaggon

Not good enough
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:46 pm

lol
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:08 am

William Carvalho played today? Shocked
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:24 pm

loooool he was the one who fouled Hazard
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:23 am

I don't think it helped his defence were playing a horrible high-line so he got bypassed a lot.

I wouldn't say he was bad, but none of the midfield were noteworthy.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:48 pm

Podolski.

"I am a footballer through and through, I'm a street footballer and I love the competition," Podolski, who is under contract at Arsenal until 2016, told broadcaster RTL.

"When I don't have that competition every weekend, there must be a change.

"We'll see (about a possible January transfer), but I have to at least give it a thought.
"I've been involved in the team for a long time and have already had phases when I haven't played so much at other clubs and still been in the team, so it's not a problem,"
"

http://www.arsenal-world.co.uk/news/tmnw/unhappy_podolski_eager_to_quit_arsenal_842691/index.shtml#i7DCXYHkjJpoJbYF.99
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:39 am

He's as good as gone as sad as that is to admit.

We have far too many forwards and Podolski just doesn't fit in our formation. He can't play lone striker and isn't fast enough to play wing.

I will always remember his rescue act against West ham.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:56 am

Should've left this summer, when Walcott, Gnabry and Sanogo are back he won't even make the bench.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:37 pm

Yea should have left

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next