EL Patron
RedMamba
RealGunner
Raptorgunner
Jay29
51 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:34 pm

Don't think we need a "Milner" if you know what I mean, we need some first choice quality in midfield to make up for Ramsey's/Wilshere's inconsistencies and Milner is just not that.

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Chumlum Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:44 pm

I thought I'd read Milner is on 80 or 90k/wk. Personally I'd take him at Arsenal at around those wages, but the way I'd envision him is as one of two or possibly even three midfield signings to revitalize that whole part of the pitch ... i.e., bidding several players adieu in the process (Flamini, Diaby, possibly Rosicky or Cazorla, Arteta if Moyes really wants to bring him in to Sociedad).

I think Milner could do a job as a deeper, physical midfielder too, a la Flamini--he's not a "natural" DM but his workrate and his big game composure are pretty clutch. Like he's an upgrade to Flamini who can also play on either wing. And he's homegrown, which doesn't hurt.

I can understand why someone wouldn't be convinced he's what we need though.

Also, maybe those Dybala links from a couple weeks ago aren't such a crazy idea after all ... I mean look at this:

https://vine.co/v/Or7YnzM5tUi

I bet even Bergkamp saw that and thought, "Not bad, kid. Not bad."
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:11 pm

More Dybala: "I can’t deny that going to Arsenal and playing in the Premier League would be great, but at the moment I’m a Palermo player."

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/arsenal/i_can_t_deny_that_going_to_arsenal_would_be_great_35million_wonderkid_talks_up_january_emirates_move_1_3875765

Well that's it, he's been sketchily linked to a big money move and he's mentioned the club's name in an interview - absolutely no way he's coming to Arsenal now.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:12 pm

What he basically said

"I can't deny that Aguero's injury has increased my chances of ending up at Man City in Jan"

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:48 pm

His price went up by at least €12million when he scored that ridiculous self-assisted heel-flick goal last night.

And our chances down to 0% for those quotes.

Where would he even play?
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:15 pm

I think he'd ideally need to beef up a little more for the PL, but dude would be a mobile central striker, no? Basically have to take Giroud's spot in the squad or something, albeit as a different type of player.

His other wonder goal this season was against Genoa:

https://vine.co/v/O1vxI5jMBqY

When the Arsenal rumors first dropped I laughed at the 31m price tag but if the dude keeps up this form (a big IF) ... well, you can't rule out that he might eventually move for that kind of money. Palermo got a ton of cash for Pastore.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:54 pm

Even though I know that all transfer rumors are unequivocally untrue. In years past it was always fun to speculate on the possibility of the world class players we had the mistaken potential of signing.

This year the team has proven that what we are currently stocked full of non-world class players. Or our Manager has lost the dressing room culminating in the players not fighting like they have in past years.

With the past 3 transfer windows we went into each of them with very specific needs and the knowledge from our manager and the club that we could now compete with Europe's best for all except a select few the worlds elite players. What we ended up with, no matter how much we all like Alexis and Özil! We added two great players in positions that were not even in anyone's vision of necessary additions. All while opting to not strengthen the areas where most have thought needed attention the longest. On top of this we see continued support for average players. Including what has ended up being either the continued support of our completely overrated English core. Or that English core like what seems like many other players has lost the faith in our Manager.

For this transfer window I will do not much more than sit back and contemplate the virtues of either allowing Wenger another chance to do what is right for the club and invest in the positions that we need. Along with playing the players in not only their best position but what would be best for the club. Or do we just put it in the bank in anticipation for a different manager.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:15 pm

I don't think it was a matter of not adding more world class players to the squad but not investing in good players to fill in the massive gaps at DM and CB. You don't need world beaters there, you need good players to make sure Flamini and Monreal (at CB) never have to start consistently.

We could have won the league last year if we'd had that kind of depth.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:02 pm

MJ wrote:I don't think it was a matter of not adding more world class players to the squad but not investing in good players to fill in the massive gaps at DM and CB. You don't need world beaters there, you need good players to make sure Flamini and Monreal (at CB) never have to start consistently.

We could have won the league last year if we'd had that kind of depth.

Agreed. Blame for the lack of depth has to be placed at Wenger's feet, but it's good not to forget how close things still were to a major achievement ... with those couple of "missing" signings, minus one or two big injuries, with a little less naivete against big clubs ... the league really might have been ours. It's frustrating.

A couple very general opinions on transfer agendas: Going forward, I think that a little more ruthlessness will be necessary in deciding who's worth keeping, and who's not. A radical squad overhaul probably isn't necessary. But a few slightly painful departures probably are, in order to upgrade.

In the recent past it was easy because there was so much clear deadwood upon whom almost everyone agreed. Nowadays, people might think there's deadwood, but it's not as clear cut from person to person which players are being referred to.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:14 am

Some very young prospects ...

Norwegian wonderkid Martin Ødegaard is apparently visiting Arsenal now, or soon, or something, in his tour of top clubs looking to ascertain which place will be the best destination for his development.

Also, Arsenal are expected to land teenage prospect Ethan Ampadu from Exeter City. (He's only 14.)

http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/Exeter-City-teenage-star-linked-Arsenal/story-25097026-detail/story.html

This is what the dude looks like:

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 39 I00002.GGTLgGf0Q

Let's hope he keeps growing the hair out.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:53 am

FFS just give me a try already.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:23 pm

#BUTCANHEPLAYDM ?
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:35 am

Another teenager: Krystian Bielik

At 6'2" and still growing, he has been compared to Patrick Vieira in terms of size, stature and style of play.

A deal is expected to be struck for around £2million.

The "deal" part seems premature but it's always very feasible that Arsenal are at least looking at a hot prospect in Europe.

And I guess the Daily Mail have run a story that Arsenal are interested in Layvin Kurzawa. Young & French, and at a club where we've been linked to other players (e.g. Moutinho), so honestly, while LB is not a priority position (IMO), you can envision Wenger & his scouts looking and thinking maybe Monreal, who will be 29 next summer, is worth moving on if the right replacement/upgrade comes along ...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-news-transfers-edinson-cavani-4773426
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:37 am

Marca reckon we're willing to match Cruzeiro's 15mil euro valuation of 21 year old defensive midfielder Lucas Silva. We're competing with Madrid.

Sport Witness reckon it's just our name being used to force Madrid into upping their bid.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:18 pm

More DMish news

@samuelJayC: Sporting Lisbon coach says William Carvalho has "many offers", including from England.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:28 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Marca reckon we're willing to match Cruzeiro's 15mil euro valuation of 21 year old defensive midfielder Lucas Silva. We're competing with Madrid.

Sport Witness reckon it's just our name being used to force Madrid into upping their bid.

Could be a bit more in this as Cadena Cope have now reported that RM have rejected Lucas Silva and will sign Christoph Kramer instead.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:34 pm

they can't sign Kramer in January though
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:49 pm

Arsenal's £11.9m bid for Cruzeiro defensive midfielder Lucas Silva has been accepted according to Marca

hmm hmm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:52 pm

Ouff.

A few have speculated that it's just talk to push Real Madrid towards bidding that much for him though.

He satisfies the #CANHEPLAYDM hashtag though, I don't know anything else about him but I can already tell he's an upgrade over Flamini.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:54 pm

but he is not really that kind of DM... he won't change your midfield by his physical presence
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:57 pm

yep might as well wait for Gedions Promotion
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:29 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:but he is not really that kind of DM... he won't change your midfield by his physical presence

who do you think he does he plays like, if I may ask?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:32 pm

Yeah, how's his style?
Pls post photo/video.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Flick Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:26 pm

Lucas Silva plays like Illarramendi but is a little bit less technical.

Flick
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:00 pm

he looks more aggressive than illarramendi though
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:42 pm

shame Cabaye is cup-tied
would still take him preferably on Loan!
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next