EL Patron
RedMamba
RealGunner
Raptorgunner
Jay29
51 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by EL Patron Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:41 am

Never post any rumours from the metro

EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by MJ Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:46 am

Tentative links with Cristian Ledesma as his agent says Arsenal are interested and expecting offer.

This January's Kim Kallstrom.

MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:48 am

For your sake I sincerely hope he's talking nonsense.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:57 am

Ledesma > Khedira, Javi Martinez, Pogba combined.

eco smile

There are also more crap reports, though I'm not sure what the original source is, that Arsenal are looking to stave off Man Utd & Real Madrid in order to "hijack" Lucas Silva from Cruzeiro for £9.5-12 mil. I don't watch the Brazilian league much and don't really know the guy but reputation-wise he does seem to be coming into his own. Linked to big European clubs for a while now. Plays as a DM/CM.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:13 am

Brace yourself. We are going to be linked with every guy who has ever played or (thinks he) could play in a DM/CB role.

HINT: 99.9999% of those 'rumours' will be agents looking to drive up interest and/or websites looking for clicks.

Not that a rational perspective will be adopted by 99.9999% of Arsenal fans anyway Rolling Eyes

Stay safe lads.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:17 am

MJ wrote:Tentative links with Cristian Ledesma as his agent says Arsenal are interested and expecting offer.

This January's Kim Kallstrom.

did that Kim kallstrom thing really happen. Because I really just want to believe I dreamt all of that
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:20 am

We should never be ashamed of having a player with two umlauts in his name. That is an awesome thing in itself.

But let's hope we next bring in people who will do a little more to bolster the midfield, huh?

(Which was the more mind-boggling transfer: Källström or Park?)
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:40 am

I like Kallstorm, he didnt cost a thing, played well whenever he's sub in. Park costed a bit and didnt do crap for whole 2 seasons.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:06 pm

There is no point of signing players, Wenger will just waste them. He got his favorite players and nothing will change. Wenger is not serious, I really cant stand his stupid comments about how every team is looking for same players and others find the player and he never does.
With out an effective rotation policy before and during the games, signing players will not help at all.

We need a CB and DM, Wenger will not sign anyone better than Arteta/ Flamini or Mert, so there is no point.

Season is done, would rather save the money for the new manager.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:33 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:There is no point of signing players, Wenger will just waste them. He got his favorite players and nothing will change. Wenger is not serious, I really cant stand his stupid comments about how every team is looking for same players and others find the player and he never does.

Now that we have that established, maybe you will go into a hibernation and not post till that new manager arrives? I mean, surely, at some point, you are going to get bored of posting the same stuff over and over? eco smile

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:30 pm

srigooner wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:There is no point of signing players, Wenger will just waste them. He got his favorite players and nothing will change. Wenger is not serious, I really cant stand his stupid comments about how every team is looking for same players and others find the player and he never does.

Now that we have that established, maybe you will go into a hibernation and not post till that new manager arrives? I mean, surely, at some point, you are going to get bored of posting the same stuff over and over? eco smile

Thanks for pointing out the obvious, why would I get bored?:whistle:

Do you get bored of posting the same thing? Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:45 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
srigooner wrote:

Thanks for pointing out the obvious, why would I get board?:whistle:

Do you get board of posting the same thing? Rolling Eyes

I don't know man, it has to be mundane and repetitive for you right? I mean, almost every thing you post has the same buzzwords and sentiment these days!

I don't think I get board of anything Razz

But my frequency of posting has decreased here because I don't like being repetitive - that I find boring. :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:10 am

Crap rumors: round 15,326.

Express says Cavani is an option. (Won't link because of that auto-playing video nonsense, but the story is easily found.)

Daily Star suggests that Christoph Kramer is a back-up option if we don't get Khedira. http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/413385/Arsenal-20m-bid-Christoph-Kramer-move-Chelsea-Sami-Khedira-fails
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:53 am

Jeremy Wilson of the Telegraph says Arsenal will bid £8m of available 20m in January for Ipswich defender Tyrone Mings.

6'3 CB is playing LB and seen as a Chambers-esque signing. Arsenal want short term cover and a player who can develop into a first team regular.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/transfers/arsenal-eye-ipswich-defender-tyrone-mings-for-8m-gunners-have-a-20m-january-kitty-telegraph/
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:30 am

Wenger on Mings rumours: “He is one of the young players we follow. We are following a few young players but we are not close to signing anybody.”

So a definite interest is there, it seems.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:50 am

really curious what type of defender he is hmm
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:20 pm

6'3 is quite tall for a left back.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:05 pm

full backs don't have height requirements Laughing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:11 pm

He is a LB and CB apparently, hence the Chambers comparisons. I have not seen him play so don't know how good he is but I like that we're looking at LCB's (and LB when we need).
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:23 pm

I've only seen Ipswich play once this season and that was a few months ago, so can't say I've ever watched him play.

He's made 17 starts, all at left back, for an Ipswich side that is 2nd in the Championship and has the joint second best defensive record.

Next time Ipswich are on Sky, I'll make sure to watch and get a look at him.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:29 pm

Instead of thinking about transfer targets now, wouldn't it actually make more sense to wait until the new manager is there, and see who that is?
I must say I'm a bit saddened that after all the enthusiasm at display last week none of you have bothered to engage with the questions I asked over in the WOB thread, how to bring about the desired change in detail Sad
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:54 pm

Tyrone Mings vs Charlton Athletic (29/11/2014)
https://vimeo.com/113736268
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:12 am

Le 10 Sport says Arsenal are interested in Lyon starlet Nabil Fekir. http://www.le10sport.com/football/mercato/exclu-mercato-lyon-arsenal-vise-fekir173329

Hypothetical question: How would you all feel about James Milner? It seems he's not necessarily close to signing a new deal at Man City ... the guy is a top-level workhorse, capable of playing all over midfield or either flank. Impeccable team player, and he's been producing well season after season. Getting him for a small fee in January or on a free in the summer could be very shrewd business for whoever does it. If he doesn't renew, that is.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:02 am

yeah i said previously we should take him
his versatility and experience would be great addition
dunno if we will
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:14 am

re Milner, as you've said before, we'd only gain from a utility man like him, he's an upgrade over Flamini in that respect, someone to put in the odd shift wherever you need him all over the pitch.

But don't know how much he'd command in wages. Would love to have him though.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:34 am

Don't think we need a "Milner" if you know what I mean, we need some first choice quality in midfield to make up for Ramsey's/Wilshere's inconsistencies and Milner is just not that.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next