Raptorgunner
Jay29
djoe26
RealGunner
13 posters

Go down

Leicester Vs Arsenal Empty Leicester Vs Arsenal

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:19 pm

http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/696x392/aug_14/gun__1409168534_Alexis-BES1_711x400-2.jpg

Leicester Vs Arsenal
Sunday 16:00 BST
King Power Stadium

Away to Leicester.

Not much to say for this match. It's a straight forward game against a newly promoted team who will make it as difficult as possible and the only thing which will be against us is complacency and lack of sharpness if we play the same team as we did on wednesday. Other than that, we should honestly be fine because eventhough Leicester drew 2-2 against Everton at home, they weren't really that impressive and should have lose if Everton played better. We are on our way to get back to full fitness and the team is kind of clicking together.

The main point to discuss is how the team will set up. Sanchez is most likely starting up top unless Arsene opts for Sanogo but i doubt it. The problem comes i midfield as Ramsey is available again and if Arsene starts him and Wilshere together then that means Ozil goes wide and we end up with Ramsey-Wilshere in a 4-1-4-1 which has really not worked well. But I do hope we play better than we have in the past with them two and at least make a comfortable match. Which is unlikely though as newly promoted sides are often stubborn to play against.

Team News

For Arsenal, Arteta is back in training but I don't think he is fit enough to start. No new injury.

Expected Arsenal Team

--------------------------------Szczesny-----------------------------------

Debuchy-----------Mertesacker-------------Koscielny--------------Monreal

----------------------------------Flamini-----------------------------------

Oxlade-------------Wilshere----------------Ramsey-------------------Ozil

-----------------------------------Sanchez---------------------------------

Expected Leicester team

--------------------------------Schmeichel-----------------------------------

Morgan----------de Laet---------------------Moore-----------------Koncheskey

Mahrez-------------------King------------Hammond-------------Schlupp---------

-------------------Ulloa---------------Nugent-----------------------------------

Match Facts (FourFourTwo)

• Leicester won their first Premier League home game against Arsenal (2-1 in November 1994) but none of the subsequent seven games saw them claim three points.
  • The last time Arsenal played Leicester was the 38th and final game of the unbeaten 2003-04 Premier League campaign.
    Leicester's players to have featured so far have a combined total of 550 Premier League appearances, fewer than any other team this season.
  • Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez has conceded more fouls (7) without getting booked than any other Premier League player this season.
  • Arsenal have only won three of their last nine Premier League away games (D2 L4).
  • Injured hitman Olivier Giroud has been involved in 25 goals since the start of last season, level with Manchester City's Sergio Aguero.
  • Mesut Ozil has assisted only one goal in his last nine Premier League games.
  • David Nugent has not scored a Premier League goal since playing for Burnley in 2009-10. His last effort came in March 2010.
  • Leicester have scored at least once in each of their last 16 league games at home.
  • Arsenal have scored at least two goals in their last three Premier League away games.

Final Words

Pls win
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Leicester Vs Arsenal Empty Re: Leicester Vs Arsenal

Post by djoe26 Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:23 pm

Good work RG! Thumbs up Lets hope we play better than we played against besiktas.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:31 pm

Leicester are a direct team from what I've seen. Two hard working centre midfielders and two pacey wingers that they rely heavily on for service. Ulloa and Nugent aren't doing crap without that service. So basically, if we keep Mahrez and Schlupp/Knockaert quiet, we'll nullify a lot of their threat.

They're weak down the sides, too. De Laet and Konchesky aren't that quick or reliable in their positioning. Get Chamberlain and Ozil running at them and we could get some joy.

Pearson tends to play quiet positively so they'll probably try and get in our faces a bit. Hopefully that'll open up a bit more space for us to exploit.

I'm feeling quiet confident about a comfortable win. The performance against Besiktas was good and there were signs that the cutting edge was coming back. Hopefully Wilshere and Alexis will have good games again.

I guess the only question mark over the starting eleven is whether Cazorla plays or not. He played extremely well in mid-week, so it'd be a shame to leave him out.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:31 pm

Nice job RG.

I would drop Flamini, dont think he has done anything in past games to show we need him. Ozil MUST play in the middle absolutely.

My line up. Very Happy

Debuchy--------Kos------Mert-------Monreal
--------------Ramsey Chambers/Jack
Oxlade-------------Ozil--------------Sanchez
----------------Campbell
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:38 pm

We can honestly try Wilshere in the Arteta role. But that could turn disastrous
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:41 pm

Anthony Taylor is ref, btw. Expect some crap decisions.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:45 pm

RealGunner wrote:We can honestly try Wilshere in the Arteta role. But that could turn disastrous

It would be a good time to try this imo.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:51 pm

Come On Wenger start Campbell
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:04 am

Good work RG
hope we are back to 4231

with championship defenders used to defend area than players who can get picked up(hence how many times they have needed last ditch defending or blocks in the box) this should be Ramsey's game to add more goals by arriving late in to the box

would be disappointed if we dont keep clean sheet
but our back 4 still has some work to do
lets hope for a comfy win
COYG
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedMamba Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:12 am

its been a long time since arsenal really dominated and thrashed someone, hope today is the day!

on the other hand, a real poor result might sway wenger to pursue someone like falcao!
RedMamba
RedMamba
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:13 am

Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal
Flamini
Wilshere Ramsey
Özil Alexis Cazorla

Bench: Ospina; Chambers; Coquelin, Chamberlain, Rosicky; Campbell, Podolski;

Watched Leicester against Everton and Chelsea, they break really quickly and with numbers so leave a lot of space behind, if we're quick enough to find Alexis in those spaces I believe we will score a couple of goals but I've also noticed their goalkeeper Schmeichel is really good, we ought to be more clinical this time or we'll find ourselves in the situation late in the game where even a super strike won't go in because of the goalkeepers confidence/momentum.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:11 am

urbaNRoots wrote:
Szczesny
Flamini
Wilshere Ramsey
Özil Alexis Cazorla

Watched Leicester against Everton and Chelsea, they break really quickly and with numbers so leave a lot of space behind, if we're quick enough to find Alexis in those spaces I believe we will score a couple of goals but I've also noticed their goalkeeper Schmeichel is really good, we ought to be more clinical this time or we'll find ourselves in the situation late in the game where even a super strike won't go in because of the goalkeepers confidence/momentum.

why the hell would you be for waisting the rw, and lw w/ our cams, who are both of a higher class than wilshere, it ignores balance and makes the attack weak, do you want to barely win?
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:19 am

Nice work, RG.

This will be a tough game (which Premier League game isn't?). Leicester come up with the mentality of champions and against Everton and Chelsea were fantastic, however, in the end, they took just 1 point and conceded 4 goals, which I guess is a sign to them of how hard the PL is.

Arteta, Ospina and Diaby were in full training on Saturday, hopefully we'll see them in the squad after the international break.

Today, I'd play:

Szczesny; Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal; Flamini Ramsey; Chamberlain Ozil Rosicky; Alexis

Martinez Chambers Wilshere Cazorla Podolski Campbell Sanogo

It's pretty important we win. Chelsea are already in exceptional form and leading the way and our next game is v Man City.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by RedMamba Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:29 am

chamberlain needs to play as regularly as possible in a fixed position!
RedMamba
RedMamba
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:59 am

Artilleristen wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:
Szczesny
Flamini
Wilshere Ramsey
Özil Alexis Cazorla

why the hell would you be for waisting the rw, and lw w/ our cams, who are both of a higher class than wilshere, it ignores balance and makes the attack weak, do you want to barely win?

To pack the pitch really narrow allowing the defense to compact and pray that we can pass into goal.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:05 pm

So this is the game of destiny where Diaby is like the new signing strike again.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:33 pm

Won't be surprised if Alexis gets a rest today.
AGAIN, I would like to see Campbell feature in this game.

I think it's going to be tough for the first half again, Leicester won't sit back and possession will be pretty much evenly shared, whether or not we get an early goal remians to be seen. Because if we do the game can open up and we can see more of Ramsey and Ozil on the ball and then we can get more goals, but if we don't we might see us put on the pressure again in the second half and force for a goal.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:39 pm

Nah alexis will start, Wenger hardly rotate his winning 11. Will overplay Alexis til Giroud back then some rest
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:30 pm

6unner wrote:
Artilleristen wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:
Szczesny
Flamini
Wilshere Ramsey
Özil Alexis Cazorla

To pack the pitch really narrow allowing the defense to compact and pray that we can pass into goal.

We have two attacking fullbacks who can offer width so it's not like Leicester could completely ignore that.

I would usually agree but for that to happen we need Alexis to play wide which means Sanogo getting game-time which I really really don't want to happen. Cazorla has got to start as he's a goal threat which we currently lack.

If we go 4-2-3-1, would be happy to see this team:

Szczesny
Flamini Ramsey
Chamberlain Özil Cazorla
Alexis
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down