Dutti
ExtremistEnigma
Lord Awesome
B-Mac
Robespierre
56 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Players that you never understood the hype - Page 6 Empty Re: Players that you never understood the hype

Post by guest_07 Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:22 am

cronaldo been hyped as one of the best scorer, i agreed, if i don't considering his efficiency

but been hyped as one of the best footballer, i say no...................

best footballer should been the one that very very hard to contain (for attacking player case)

i feel there is something wrong when footballer that been regard as one of the best yet not so hard to contain him

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Players that you never understood the hype - Page 6 Empty Re: Players that you never understood the hype

Post by nadinkrah Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:32 am

nice to see another barca fan recognize how overrated busquets has been.
nadinkrah
nadinkrah
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:38 am

Busquets is not overrated (or at least, Pep era Busquets is not). You do not win 2 CLs with a sub-par DM in a single pivot system. Simply does not happen.

Also, almost no one hypes him. He's too ugly for hype.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:18 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Busquets is not overrated (or at least, Pep era Busquets is not). You do not win 2 CLs with a sub-par DM in a single pivot system. Simply does not happen.

Also, almost no one hypes him. He's too ugly for hype.

I mean he is the epitome of overrated/over-hyped. If the guy can only play in one system then that is a little strange especially sense the system employed after Pep left is not all that different.

Also, Busquets is only 26 years old. He should be better now then when he played for Pep. Pep made a lot of Barca youth products look great in his system and since he left they really have failed to impress like before hence Pedro basically benched Henry while Pep was there, Bojan was killing it, Gio Dos Santos looked great, Thiago, Montoya etc.

And yes you can win trophies in a Tiki-Taka system with a decent DM hence Spain won the Euros with Marcos Senna whom I used to like as a player but he was never confused with some of the best DM's in the world like a lot of people say Busquets is.

Also, Busquets really had nothing to do with there 2009 Champions League trophy. He really only played in the second leg of the Chelsea tie and the final due to injuries and suspensions at the back forcing Yaya to play in defense. Yaya handled a lot of the defensive duties and was all over the field in those games which is totally understandable since Busquets was like 20 years old.

And if you saw the final, Barcelona could have deployed any player capable of making a 5 yard pass in DM against United as it was a total domination.

So he really was only a part of one CL trophy and a big part of some Barcelona teams who were completely taken apart in that competition in the semi's after Pep left whereas teams basically ran right down our throats through the center of the pitch not to mention they could limit the space for Messi and other players in the middle of the pitch since they flat out don't even bother to cover him or pay any attention to him. Obviously with Yaya that was not the case.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:33 pm

Busquets is WC in a very specific setup.... namely Alves-Pique-Puyol-Abidal behind him and Xavi-Iniesta in front of him. Otherwise, he's average.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:13 pm

Wilshere, never quite got it, now it's more evident i was correct hmm
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BORUSSIA!! Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:26 pm

David Luiz

very pleased the germany brazil game happened so finally he could be exposed to the world

BORUSSIA!!
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:33 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:since they flat out don't even bother to cover him or pay any attention to him.  Obviously with Yaya that was not the case.

Obviously your entire post is very wrong but I will only concentrate on this part because it made me laugh for 2 reasons.

Reason 1. It is a false statement. Busquets is tactically a very heavily targeted player. It's actually quite apparent because a) it has produced quite a long list of overexaggerated facial expressions on Busquets' part when people got close to him (which automatially implies that players ... get close to him) and b) it has produced about a billion moments like the following ones where opponents tried to press him and Busquets made them look like genitals with his trademark dragbacks and flicks, specifically on Benzema where it works like charm everytime (which is why sports has joined the "Busi is overrated" party by the way).

Adebayor was the highlight of them all. After failing to get close to him time and time again he just decided to punch his face. Laughing

As well as Rooney's man marking job on Busquets in the 2011 CL final or Mario Gomez' man marking job on Busquets in 2013 including the statements of Sir Alex Ferguson and Don Jupp Heynckes regarding the task of nullifying the "best holding midfielder in the world" (SAF's words) respectively "the best midfielder in the world alongside Schweinsteiger" (Heynckes' words).

So now that we falsified the "no one pays attention to him" statement easily via physical evidence. On to point 2 which made me laugh even more.

Reason 2.

flat out don't even bother to cover him or pay any attention to him

So. Here is the thing. In football you have these guys called "coaches" or "managers", depending where you live. I think in England it's more "manager" and elsewhere it's more "coach" because in England managers are also managing a bit more off-the-pitch stuff, transfers etc. and elsewhere they are just coaching the team in how to play. Anyway, these coaches or managers (you see them on the sidelines or, when they might be banned, on the stands) give instructions to their players. Except when they are named Pardew. God knows what he gives his players. Poor Mole. Anyways. What I'm trying to get at is this. Players do NOT decide on their own like: "This Busquets guy looks wank, man he really sucks with that perfect touch and 94 % passing accuracy, launching attack after attack with passes between the lines, can't bother paying attention to him." Under normal circumstances the manager (or coach) instructs their players whom to mark. And in Busquets case you see that A LOT. Because: ^ reason 1.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:36 pm

You know.... if you have to show videos of a defensive midfielder being able to dribble strikers and 10s as some kind of proof anything, i don't know what to tell you Laughing At least show me something where he takes on players who are vaguely known for playing defense ffs...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:39 pm

I'm fairly certain videos of Busquets getting closed down by strikers and #10s is proof enough of Busquets getting ... well ... closed down. Instead of

they flat out don't even bother to cover him or pay any attention to him

What relevance has "Busquets taking players on" in this discussion and which defensive midfielder has made a name for himself for taking players on anyway, apart from maybe DMzema? Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:29 pm

Busquets has always been the gauge I personally use to see which posters really knows what they talking about.

If you cant see how good he is, there's something wrong with you.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:46 pm

Fußball wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:since they flat out don't even bother to cover him or pay any attention to him.  Obviously with Yaya that was not the case.

Obviously your entire post is very wrong but I will only concentrate on this part because it made me laugh for 2 reasons.

Reason 1. It is a false statement. Busquets is tactically a very heavily targeted player. It's actually quite apparent because a) it has produced quite a long list of overexaggerated facial expressions on Busquets' part when people got close to him (which automatially implies that players ... get close to him) and b) it has produced about a billion moments like the following ones where opponents tried to press him and Busquets made them look like genitals with his trademark dragbacks and flicks, specifically on Benzema where it works like charm everytime (which is why sports has joined the "Busi is overrated" party by the way).

Adebayor was the highlight of them all. After failing to get close to him time and time again he just decided to punch his face. Laughing

As well as Rooney's man marking job on Busquets in the 2011 CL final or Mario Gomez' man marking job on Busquets in 2013 including the statements of Sir Alex Ferguson and Don Jupp Heynckes regarding the task of nullifying the "best holding midfielder in the world" (SAF's words) respectively "the best midfielder in the world alongside Schweinsteiger" (Heynckes' words).

So now that we falsified the "no one pays attention to him" statement easily via physical evidence. On to point 2 which made me laugh even more.

Reason 2.

So. Here is the thing. In football you have these guys called "coaches" or "managers", depending where you live. I think in England it's more "manager" and elsewhere it's more "coach" because in England managers are also managing a bit more off-the-pitch stuff, transfers etc. and elsewhere they are just coaching the team in how to play. Anyway, these coaches or managers (you see them on the sidelines or, when they might be banned, on the stands) give instructions to their players. Except when they are named Pardew. God knows what he gives his players. Poor Mole. Anyways. What I'm trying to get at is this. Players do NOT decide on their own like: "This Busquets guy looks wank, man he really sucks with that perfect touch and 94 % passing accuracy, launching attack after attack with passes between the lines, can't bother paying attention to him." Under normal circumstances the manager (or coach) instructs their players whom to mark. And in Busquets case you see that A LOT. Because: ^ reason 1.

rofl rofl
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:57 pm

Bisquit is the best at what he does, probably top 3 of all time at what he does. How is this still a debate?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:21 pm

Pochettino. Never got the Real Madrid rumors, and I think his entire Southampton side has been hyped like they just won the CL (I'm willing to accept that a record-place for them is hype worthy, but some epl fans make it seem like half their team is WC and could start for top clubs).
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:17 am

Fußball wrote:

Reason 2.

Players that you never understood the hype - Page 6 Slow-clap-gif
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:48 am

Bisquit is legit.

If you think he is over rated, or hate him because of his over exaggerated diving then thats fine and I won't argue with anyone in particular as it's really just opinion.

He has been over shadowed by Xavi and Iniesta in midfield, but that guys silently been our most consistent midfielder in the past 2-3 years hands down. Always shows up, and rarely has a stinker. He is also very good for making up for his lack of speed with his good tactical ability and vision. Great at tracking back and defending, and great and progressing the flow of the game in the build up of the attack. Would literally walk into like 98% of the clubs midfields on the planet....not sure how that's an over rated player (and again, that's just my opinion). Maybe you guys should look up what the term over rated is.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:26 am

More names I just thought of:

Roma

D'alessandro
Curci
Scardina
Crescenzi
Malomo

EPL

Jay Rodriguez
Kieran Gibbs
Kyle Walker
Adnan Januzaj
Oscar

Rest of Serie A

Biglia
D'ambrosio
Guarin
Bonucci
Candreva

Misc:

Otamendi
Brek Shea
Hulk
Andre Ayew
Rodrigo

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:29 am

Gibbs is not hyped imo, Probably just a little underrated. RG hypes him a lot tho.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:04 am

I still think it's a huge mistake to sell Yaya to promote Busquets.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:09 am

Nishy wrote:Gibbs is not hyped imo, Probably just a little underrated. RG hypes him a lot tho.

That's enough hype for me :coffee:

Spoiler:
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:43 am

Every player in the EPL gets overhyped basically... some meet the hype while most fall short. Recent examples? Bale is the 2nd best player in the world Laughing Baines is the best LB in the world Laughing Wilshere is WC Laughing etc. I can probably go through a list of 20-30 just off the top of my head.

Jump the gun on everyone before they've actually arrived.

The hype is true in every league... but nowhere near EPL levels.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:55 am

Dutti wrote:I still think it's a huge mistake to sell Yaya to promote Busquets.

Busquets was promoted before Yaya was sold.

Yaya wanted to be sold because he was playing less than not just Busquets, but Keita.

I find it hard to believe you can consider it "a huge mistake" considering what we have won without Yaya. Even if you believe Yaya is that much better in the position, it cant be a huge mistake because Barcelona won directly after he left.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:41 am

Where would Yaya have played for Barca anyhow.... you had Busquets behind Xavi and Iniesta. Messi-Pedro-CF on the attack.

There was literally nowhere to put Yaya. Barca didn't need a mid that could attack. And for all those who think Yaya could play in place of Busquets... do you peeps not watch how Yaya defends ffs.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:46 am

Nah, you got it wrong there.

Yaya at the time was great defensively. Before Busquets forced his way in, he was fantastic. Yaya wasnt replaced because of anything he did wrong.

And Yaya could have easily played the 4th midfielder, filled in for any of the midfield 3 because he could play all of their roles.

Its only now at City his defence is slipping, he doesnt seem to put in anywhere near the effort he used to for us.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:05 pm

Slipping is not the word.... it's awful. Messi and Yaya were exchanging notes on defense last season lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:05 pm

I honestly don't blame Yaya for his shitty defense. This is a player that had the talent to score 20 goals a season and he was forced into playing DM.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next