Dutti
ExtremistEnigma
Lord Awesome
B-Mac
Robespierre
56 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Players that you never understood the hype - Page 4 Empty Re: Players that you never understood the hype

Post by farfan Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:09 pm

guest_07 wrote:
farfan wrote:" all ronaldo does is score goals , what on onverrated player "

let's berate a player for doing the most important thing in football better than anybody else Laughing

yes, he always score, like in the 2014 & 2010 & 2006 wc

no striker does better than him in the world cup

his hype justified, end of story

yeah , because all that matters in football is a tournament played once every four year Laughing

he scored in all these 3 world cups btw Laughing

farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Players that you never understood the hype - Page 4 Empty Re: Players that you never understood the hype

Post by Nishankly Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:18 pm

Ramsey is legit. Disagree with him being overhyped.

Agree with Wilshere.

Also isnt it understood that Ferguson's squad functioned the best as a team, Individually these players are/were average bar some of the first 11. They weren't hyped.

Januzaj, Dont see him being half the player as Ox or Sterling.

Kroos is a decent shout.

Gerrard is not hyped any longer, He's nearly finished.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:26 pm

Robespierre wrote:Personally I never rated highly Chiellini, I though to him immediately because I live in Italy and I know how much is rated  from some but basically never agreed on his hype.
It was one of my first discussion on Goallegacy with juventus101 , who tended to insert him among greatest defender ever Laughing (and juventus101  the same man who belittles Gerrard)

Great physical strenght but for me non really so good to mark (on the other hand he gives his best in defence to 3 but not so reliable as BC) and he tends to make erros in big games.

Of course it has nothing to do with Juve , I like to be unbiased about players and infact I admit Barzagli is a great defender for me.

Anyway I don't understand the problem, this is the beautiful thing of the football , if all thought equal about it, it would be so boring

And expecially overhyped doesn't mean scrub.
It is a  different thing.

I agree with most of this. and I don't think its juventus inter thing. I don't live in Italy, and I don't know exactly how highly he is rated. but placed in that context, and considering the concept of being OVERrated, yeah I guess he can be, and knowing how much he gets away with on the field, i can believe it. he had a great season last year though. I guess because since im in America, I don't hear exactly how highly some of these guys are rated.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:54 pm

Balloteli and Rooneh

windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:11 pm

FilthyLuca wrote:
Robespierre wrote:Personally I never rated highly Chiellini, I though to him immediately because I live in Italy and I know how much is rated  from some but basically never agreed on his hype.
It was one of my first discussion on Goallegacy with juventus101 , who tended to insert him among greatest defender ever Laughing (and juventus101  the same man who belittles Gerrard)

Great physical strenght but for me non really so good to mark (on the other hand he gives his best in defence to 3 but not so reliable as BC) and he tends to make erros in big games.

Of course it has nothing to do with Juve , I like to be unbiased about players and infact I admit Barzagli is a great defender for me.

Anyway I don't understand the problem, this is the beautiful thing of the football , if all thought equal about it, it would be so boring

And expecially overhyped doesn't mean scrub.
It is a  different thing.

I agree with most of this.  and I don't think its juventus inter thing.  I don't live in Italy, and I don't know exactly how highly he is rated. but placed in that context, and considering the concept of being OVERrated, yeah I guess he can be, and knowing how much he gets away with on the field, i can believe it.  he had a great season last year though. I guess because since im in America, I don't hear exactly how highly some of these guys are rated.    

I think he is good to complete the Juventus team but I think Juve has other strenghts ( buffon , barzagli , midfield, tevez) . Really proper for defence 3 system (same thing for Bonucci, Bonucci mainly because he is good to play the ball so as to begin the action , fundamental in this system. But he has also limits to mark opponents . Defence to 3 is basically a defence a 5 so it can help some defenders. I didn't mention Bonucci in this thread because he is maybe even over Hated , surely I don't think he is highly rated , not even from Juve fans hmm  ) , less for defence 4 system because in that case he shows some his limits  as the positional sense imo

and infact I remind  before of Conte he suffered as BC and for this reason Juventus thought to move him as fullback , so much so that Juve thought to sign Rhodolfo (who reminds him? ) to Juanary as BC

Now many forget it and the hype on Chiellini is back . But I confirm my opinion about Chiellini

If I must do a comparison with an Inter player, it is a similar to Juan Jesus . I mean , Juan Jesus is legit in defence 3 system as Chiellini , athletic strenght, speed, good 1 vs 1 but for example I am not confident to see him as BC  because for me he has some limits to mark and positional sense.  For me he must improve in this if he wants to become a great defender.
Anyway we have Mazzarri and there are more chance to watch Athletic playing with no Basques than Mazzarri changing his 3 defence system  , so  there is not this eventuality  , but I remind with Stramaccioni and I was not so confident to watch him in that role imo, not so ready as Olympic games showed too

Last edited by Robespierre on Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:13 pm

windkick wrote:Balloteli and Rooneh

rooney is the most scrutinized player in football history Laughing
guy gets blamed for everything that goes wrong with the national team or manchester .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:20 pm

Kompany "the best CB in the prem" Laughing
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:26 pm

Marcelo x 134737544574375734572

Rooney

Ramsey is a legit top top player imo

BusterLfc wrote:Kompany "the best CB in the prem" Laughing

Who do you think is the best CB then?
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:34 pm

Best CB in the league is either Terry or Cahill. Ill let the Chelsea guys decide which one is better.

Mertesacker in a normal/deep line is a close third.

I dont rate Kompany at all, Barely makes 4th place because of the lack of quality defenders in the Premier League.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:47 pm

There are a lot of players who I think are over hyped however I really can't think of any player's who's hype I don't understand.

For pretty much every player I can think of I more or less understand why they are hyped the way they are.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:20 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Azpilicueta Laughing

I've never understood the hype about Cristiano either. Shit 55 goals a season player

Laughing
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:12 pm

I'll add this Wilson bloke at United simply because United told Welbeck he was behind him in the pecking order, implying he's hot stuff and forcing Welbz out the door
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:18 pm

Thiago Alcantara
Draxler
Koscielny
Iturbe
Bartra
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:35 pm

Lex wrote:I'll add this Wilson bloke at United simply because United told Welbeck he was behind him in the pecking order, implying he's hot stuff and forcing Welbz out the door

Welbeck was clearly ahead of Wilson in the pecking order
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:42 pm

Welbeck was also hyped, His hyped died down when he scored like 3 goals in a season. Expecting it to rise again now that he's joined Arsenal.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:44 pm

RG's Gibbs as PL's best LB hype is also discussion worthy imo hmm
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:15 pm

He is tbf hmm

Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:34 pm

M99 wrote:Bartra
who ever hyped up bartra? Laughing excluding free cat
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by UnitedInRed Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:43 pm

Cleverly: Enough said

Oscar: Good but some people act like he's the best player on his team.

Neymar: I don't get why a guy who fakes injuries is so popular.
UnitedInRed
UnitedInRed
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:55 am

farfan wrote:
guest_07 wrote:
farfan wrote:" all ronaldo does is score goals , what on onverrated player "

let's berate a player for doing the most important thing in football better than anybody else Laughing

yes, he always score, like in the 2014 & 2010 & 2006 wc

no striker does better than him in the world cup

his hype justified, end of story

yeah , because all that matters in football is a tournament played once every four year Laughing

he scored in all these 3 world cups  btw Laughing

the way others hype him like every of his touches turn into gold

in reality, only about 10% of his touches in a match had benefit for his team, whereas others can be considered as rubbish touches

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:26 am

higuain: is easily one of the most over hyped players ever!!!,i never seen one player chokes so much, in almost every key game, at every stage of his career, but still get treated like some supreme goal scorer, after shooting directly at the keeper in a 1v1 rofl bvb,city,barca,etc or memory loss? and then act like he was forced out for benzema to feel better,really? i mean really? its so deluded yet its a very popular view... hype Laughing

higuain left madrid with 5 goals in 50+ cl games and im sure most of those were starts, so no excuses he was average A LOT, but he came to the club so young and was going to be the next raul, that he just keeps getting a free pass for every choke job, and HUGE choke jobs too like winning a WC or maybe getting to the group stages of CL rofl.... can't wait for "we haven't had a real 9 since higuain" line hilarious since they really believe it too rofl
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:32 am

Hmm. Some auto criticism here.

I thought Gourcuff would've been better than he is today. Hopefully Grenier becomes everything Gourcuff wasn't.

Neymar would be my first choice right now. Skilled players always get overrated by the masses so I get why people buy into Neymar's hype.

Pastore I thought would be better by now but he's been overshadowed by Ibra and when his chance to shine in the last CL Semi's came, he blew it.

Pazzini was hyped at one point. Good forward and all but not WC.

Carvajal can't Defend at some points. He's no Arbeloa.

Marcelo same as Carvajal.

Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:30 am

ramos: seriously the guy sucks a lot and i keep seeing pepe or varane taking the heat for most of his positioning and reading the game failures, hardly wins defensive headers even against griezmann ffs rofl, but flies through the air like a maniac for offensive ones, wished he showed the same determination towards defending, but hey lets praise him for following xabi's orders :facepalm:

marcelo: running mindlessly with ball, exposing a weak midfield, and ramos-pepe Laughing, to counters>defending and with playing balance(coentrao), oh and he makes cr laughs in training which>

cr: is over hyped because people act surprise that he scores a lot and what mainly shocks me is when he is called a scoring machine or clinical or greatest scorer, seriously look at the bigger picture here

cr plays in a stacked team,with very talented players who are all mainly trying to serve him tap ins or easy shots to smash pass the keeper Laughing

he get a lion share of the ball, which is pointless majority of the time since he is triple teamed and turns into traffic anyways, seeing it every week amazes me, especially when players are overloading the box, but pass to cr cause he is the star nonsense, that makes our games way harder than it needs to be fact, just to watch cr volume shoot, plays zero defense and passes when he feels like it(after scoring mostly Laughing)

his decision making is di maria like fact, i have seen hundreds of cr smashing the ball into 3 defenders, when a teammate is wide open beside him, but luckily he still manages to get a good number of assists

i hate to say it but cr mostly looks average when he doesn't score because his overall contribution is so poor, he is one of the best no doubt, but he plays with a lot flaws that get overlooked cause he scores, throw in a step over and a fk, he can do better but he won't
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:43 am

I agree with chad. Cristiano truly makes our game harder which was seen in the last matches. Benzema is the true leader of the team.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:55 am

val classic no real argument bring up benzema, please tell me how cr makes us play easier? last time i checked jese-benzema-bale was wining games too, the team looked much more fluid,solid and we went first in la liga, when cr came back we struggled rofl, dat memory loss :bow:
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:59 am

chad4401 wrote:val classic no real argument bring up benzema, please tell me how cr makes us play easier? last time i checked jese-benzema-bale was wining games too, the team looked much more fluid,solid and we went first in la liga, when cr came back we struggled rofl, dat memory loss :bow:

I know that you pos . I've just said that Benzema is the leader of the team not that 55 goals a season scrub Cristiano Ronaldo.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next