Dutti
ExtremistEnigma
Lord Awesome
B-Mac
Robespierre
56 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Players that you never understood the hype - Page 5 Empty Re: Players that you never understood the hype

Post by Valkyrja Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:59 am

chad4401 wrote:val classic no real argument bring up benzema, please tell me how cr makes us play easier? last time i checked jese-benzema-bale was wining games too, the team looked much more fluid,solid and we went first in la liga, when cr came back we struggled rofl, dat memory loss :bow:

I know that you pos . I've just said that Benzema is the leader of the team not that 55 goals a season scrub Cristiano Ronaldo.

Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Players that you never understood the hype - Page 5 Empty Re: Players that you never understood the hype

Post by chad4401 Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:21 am

55 goals in 320+ shots that clinical beast cr wow :bow:
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:37 am

chad4401 wrote:cr: is over hyped because people act surprise that he scores a lot and what mainly shocks me is when he is called a scoring machine or clinical or greatest scorer, seriously look at the bigger picture here

cr plays in a stacked team,with very talented players who are all mainly trying to serve him tap ins or easy shots to smash pass the keeper Laughing

he get a lion share of the ball, which is pointless majority of the time since he is triple teamed and turns into traffic anyways, seeing it every week amazes me, especially when players are overloading the box, but pass to cr cause he is the star nonsense, that makes our games way harder than it needs to be fact, just to watch cr volume shoot, plays zero defense and passes when he feels like it(after scoring mostly Laughing)

his decision making is di maria like fact, i have seen hundreds of cr smashing the ball into 3 defenders, when a teammate is wide open beside him, but luckily he still manages to get a good number of assists

i hate to say it but cr mostly looks average when he doesn't score because his overall contribution is so poor, he is one of the best no doubt, but he plays with a lot flaws that get overlooked cause he scores, throw in a step over and a fk, he can do better but he won't
Thumbs up Shocked to see Madrid fan admitting that. That's also easily seen in statistics,

Players that you never understood the hype - Page 5 Morris-feature-messi-2

Players that you never understood the hype - Page 5 Morris-feature-messi-31

Players that you never understood the hype - Page 5 Morris-feature-messi-41

Players that you never understood the hype - Page 5 Morris-feature-messi-82

Players that you never understood the hype - Page 5 Morris-feature-messi-5

Players that you never understood the hype - Page 5 Morris-feature-messi-101

Nothing differentiates Cronaldo from an average player, than amount of goals scored. Which isn't surprising with the amount of chances he has. Pretty sad that guys like Cronaldo have Ballon d'Or and cheated another, when guys like Nistelrooy have none." />

Last edited by Harmonica on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:56 am; edited 3 times in total
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:54 am

this will surely be an interesting thread to open up when I wakeup.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:48 am

great player without goal in 1 match, we still can feel the difference between him & other average players

but with cronaldo, we can't feel the different

sometimes he done worse than average player

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:03 am

chad4401 wrote:55 goals in 320+ shots that clinical beast cr wow :bow:

Doesn't the ratio of 55 goals to 320 shots, instead, imply that maybe "clinical" is overrated?

I would love having a player who can produce 55 goals a season.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:06 am

I think the argument would be that if many other players got to shoot that many times, they would also score that many goals.

I dont agree with it btw, but I think thats the argument.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:11 am

I think that argument is pretty clear, but that is also where the problem lies.

Why would someone care about such trivial ratio of goals to number of shots?

Even if Ronaldo made 10,000 shots but managed to score "only" 55 goals in a season, it's still impressive. At the end, it is the number of goals that matters.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:26 am

Dutti wrote:I think that argument is pretty clear, but that is also where the problem lies.

Why would someone care about such trivial ratio of goals to number of shots?

Even if Ronaldo made 10,000 shots but managed to score "only" 55 goals in a season, it's still impressive. At the end, it is the number of goals that matters.
Because it's directly away from the chances his teammates get.

Players that you never understood the hype - Page 5 Morris-feature-messi-101

He's not adding value with his shots compared to an average player, he's just taking most of them.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:32 am

Yes, I think Ronaldo is selfish, but it's a good trait because, again, he is able to score many goals.

Would Madrid be a better team without him? The stats doesn't show. However, the stats does show that Madrid would lose a player capable of scoring 55 goals a season if Ronaldo left.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:19 pm

i never get tired of the dumb argument that ronaldo scores so much only because he takes so many shots Laughing

hey , to all the football players in the world , just shoot at the goal 200 times per game and you'll end up scoring 60 goals per season , easy. Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:07 pm

All football players in the world don't play for a chance creation machine like Real Madrid with the benefit of having to do 0 defensive work, taking all penalties, taking all freekicks etc. Even in a game where Real Madrid conceded 4 goals Ramos alone could have had a hattrick. Has there ever been a game for this Madrid team where they couldn't get anywhere near the opponent's box in a normal league game vs. lower table scrubs like for example Manchester United since Moyes?

There are a couple of strikers I can easily see scoring 50+ goals for this Real Madrid team in a 60+ game season under the same circumstances but they aren't as fortunate to be blessed with a stable top class environment like Ronaldo. Rooney could never compete playing for United for instance. Even under SAF he's been moved around all over the pitch and used in midfield to make up for their lack of midfielders. Moyes destroyed them for good. How can he put up numbers in such an environment? Same for RVP who is on top of that injury-prone.

There are only 2 other chance creation behemoths right now besides Madrid where it would be fair to compare the output of the strikers: Bayern and Barca. And Bayern under Pep don't even play a system to the benefit of their strikers, like Costa playing for Spain. Which leaves Messi at Barca as the only competitor. 1 goal per game isn't that outrageous for a team like Real Madrid if you think about it though. Mario Gomez scored 41 goals (including 12 in the CL) for Bayern and Gomez isn't even regarded as a top class striker. I'd have liked to see Suarez for Heynckes' Bayern.

Anyway, the point isn't that Ronaldo is a scrub. The point is that the numbers he's putting up need to be put into context and that there are certainly players who could keep up with those numbers in the same environment without having so many flaws in their defensive work ethic, selfishness and passing quality.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:20 pm

Ronaldo scores that many goals because his off the ball movement is 10/10 not because he "shoots alot".

There are certain players who do the very same thing and have equal privileges at Madrid and still don't score nearly half of what he does. Pls gtfo with the "anyone great player can rack up his numbers at Madrid" bs. Oh and Ronaldo shoots from outside the area because he is good at it not because he thinks if he tries alot one might eventually go in, just like Messi loses the ball an infinite amount of times per games not because he thinks one might come off but because he just like Ronaldo is good at something and hence you see him repeat it time after time even if the majority of them never work at times

I get your argument fussbal but I strongly disagree. Praising Madrid to make Ronaldo look bad Proud never saw that one coming....
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:26 pm

Ronaldo isn't even outstanding at shooting from outside the box. You just think he is because he shoots so often from hopeless positions, once in a bluemoon a cracker goes in and everyone praises his power and "completeness" based on a pre-determined narrative:

Hakan Calhanoglu (Hamburg), Messi and Luis Suarez scored most goals (7) from outside the box in top 5 leagues in 13/14 season.[via Opta]

And which players have equal priviledges at Madrid? hala, pls. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:38 pm

Most of Ronaldo's shots are dropped or parried straight into the dangerous area, if we had a more hungry striker than the one we have now we would score alot more from rebounds but those are usually not taken into account which is why those who don't watch us point to the shot stats as if it shows the perfect picture. I used to have problems with his shots many many seasons ago when he was TRULY selfish, I love them now because they more often than not always cause the goalie trouble.

Bale pls. The guy doesn't defend, shoots as much as he likes, takes freekicks but not penalties (which he doesn't even take when ronaldo is not there) so yeah the same privileges :coffee:

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:55 pm

tbh, the bar for "hype you never understood" is pretty high.

Most of the names thrown around here are knee-jerk, or counter-anti-hype, that is, reaction to a perceived hype, which itself may already be a reaction to something, etc, pp, youngster and proven stars all mixed up, Origi and Cristiano Ronaldo, lol.

Doesn't work that way.

We'd have to have some basic agreement about what constitutes 'hype'.
Then it would have to be a hype so disproportionate to a players performance that you not only don't agree with it, but don't understand it.
Most players I understand perfectly well why there were hyped to a certain extent at a certain point.

So no, Lahm doesn't qualify, Neuer doesn't qualify, CRonaldo doesn't qualify, etc. These are players who have won everything while being integral parts of their teams, over many years. Their contributions are undeniable.
You don't get to say "I don't understand the hype" in those cases, as it amounts to saying "my brain doesn't function".
Because hype is a dynamic that picks up on present movement, however small, and projects it amplified into the future. Doesn't make sense to talk of "hype" with seasoned acomplished players.

But then again just because a few people are very impressed with Origi's couple of WC games, while other said it was too early to judge, that doesn't mean the kid was "hyped". He wasn't. I'd need a little more widespread, accumulating enthusiasm to acknowledge a 'hype'.

That being said, I'm going to go with Oscar.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:48 pm

As far as I'm concerned you can be a proven world class player, even the best in your position, and still be overhyped. Neuer is actually the prime example for me these days. According to the latest Fifa 15 ratings he's now the 3th best football player in the world and according to the recent Best Player In Europe Award the 2nd best player in the world and the only GK to even make the top 10 shortlist. Which is overhype for me, regardless what rwo will say.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:35 pm

cr is wasteful fact and im sure out of those 250+ misses, a player was open on goal 60% of the time, but he get praise for scrambling around and kicking the ball away Laughing,when di maria does it he is an idiot, but when cr does "he just carrying madrid cause he is so mentally strong", its just funny to me how the media can mess with fans views at times Laughing, they think shooting until you score is a good game ffs rofl
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:57 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:tbh, the bar for "hype you never understood" is pretty high.

Most of the names thrown around here are knee-jerk, or counter-anti-hype, that is, reaction to a perceived hype, which itself may already be a reaction to something, etc, pp, youngster and proven stars all mixed up, Origi and Cristiano Ronaldo, lol.

Doesn't work that way.

We'd have to have some basic agreement about what constitutes 'hype'.
Then it would have to be a hype so disproportionate to a players performance that you not only don't agree with it, but don't understand it.
Most players I understand perfectly well why there were hyped to a certain extent at a certain point.

So no, Lahm doesn't qualify, Neuer doesn't qualify, CRonaldo doesn't qualify, etc. These are players who have won everything while being integral parts of their teams, over many years. Their contributions are undeniable.
You don't get to say "I don't understand the hype" in those cases, as it amounts to saying "my brain doesn't function".
Because hype is a dynamic that picks up on present movement, however small, and projects it amplified into the future. Doesn't make sense to talk of "hype" with seasoned acomplished players.

But then again just because a few people are very impressed with Origi's couple of WC games, while other said it was too early to judge, that doesn't mean the kid was "hyped". He wasn't. I'd need a little more widespread, accumulating enthusiasm to acknowledge a 'hype'.

That being said, I'm going to go with Oscar.

This thread went to chit the second Jiopsi and Co. got involved but this post is definitely worth reading.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:54 pm

Ronaldo is twice the player Di Maria is and it's not even a contest. Stop it chad.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:18 pm

I'm a Barca fan and why anyone would list Ronaldo is beyond me.  Every shot I have ever taken at Ronaldo has been about his antics, selfishness or being a bad teammate but never his footballing skills.  The guy is tremendous.

People taking shots at Ronaldo must be young and grown up watching football in the Ronaldo/Messi era.  I don't think they understand when these two retire individual goal scoring numbers for the top strikers in the world will drop by a large margin.  These two make 30 goals a year look like they had a bad year, I mean it's a joke.

Also, so I don't look biased let me start with my own team,

Busquets- Never understood it.  No one even pays attention to him on the field, the man marking him just goes directly to double teaming Messi and he makes no use of the space or the fact that there not in any way paying attention to him.  Letting Yaya go for him was just so insane.

Alexis (I know he's gone now)- The guy is so wildly inconsistent and misses SO MANY chances.

Valdes- Simply put, one of the most overrated players of all time.

Now other teams,

Chesney- People said he was the best Keeper in the EPl

Wilshere- I've been banging this drum longer than anyone, he simply isn't very good and shouldn't start for England or Arsenal.

Marcelo- As a winger he is very effective especially in a substitute role as a defender he is just bad.  He is out of position constantly.  

Joe Hart- He's just not very good.

All of Italy's Strikers  I've always loved Italian strikers and there craftiness, style and nose for goal, now it seems there all style not much substance and not very natural goal scorers.

And last but not least in the same vein as the Ronaldo thing, why anyone would put Bale on this list is just insane.  Madrid has some issues right now and Bale isn't one of them.  The guy is awesome.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:48 pm

Fußball wrote:As far as I'm concerned you can be a proven world class player, even the best in your position, and still be overhyped. Neuer is actually the prime example for me these days. According to the latest Fifa 15 ratings he's now the 3th best football player in the world and according to the recent Best Player In Europe Award the 2nd best player in the world and the only GK to even make the top 10 shortlist. Which is overhype for me, regardless what rwo will say.
Well, and I say it was about time that the class of Manuel Neuer was finally properly acknowledged :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:01 am

Maybe I should mention Mangala , because this guy was rated 40 mln is something is beyond me
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:05 am

Valkyrja wrote:Ronaldo is twice the player Di Maria is and it's not even a contest. Stop it chad.

:facepalm: smh this is exactly the point, so because he is twice the player, cr is free to play like a moron as long as he scores, who's success do you care about cr or madrid? cause a lot MADRID fans are more concern with cr doing great, than the team let be real Laughing

listen brah if you can give cr games a free pass, then you have no right to criticize di maria or benzema fact, playing moronic is just moronic no matter the player
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:12 am

chad4401 wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:Ronaldo is twice the player Di Maria is and it's not even a contest. Stop it chad.

:facepalm: smh this is exactly the point, so because he is twice the player, cr is free to play like a moron as long as he scores, who's success do you care about cr or madrid? cause a lot MADRID fans are more concern with cr doing great, than the team let be real Laughing

listen brah if you can give cr games a free pass, then you have no right to criticize di maria or benzema fact, playing moronic is just moronic no matter the player

Please stop this, this is going off topic.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:22 am

cronaldo been hyped as one of the best scorer, i agreed, if i don't considering his efficiency

but been hyped as one of the best footballer, i say no...................

best footballer should been the one that very very hard to contain (for attacking player case)

i feel there is something wrong when footballer that been regard as one of the best yet not so hard to contain him

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next