Vibe
TalkingReckless
Red Alert
McAgger
Gil
81 posters

Page 19 of 29 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 29  Next

Go down

Martin Ødegaard - Welcome to Arsenal - Page 19 Empty Re: Martin Ødegaard - Welcome to Arsenal

Post by Blue Mon May 08, 2017 4:19 pm

zigra wrote:
Blue wrote:What happend to the Crotian prodigy that Barcelona signed around the same time?

Halilovic? Was loaned to Gijón where he didn't impress. He was then sold to HSV where he didn't make it and so he was loaned out to Las Palmas last winter. He's supposed to stay there till summer 2018 and I think they can also buy him at the end of the loan if they want to.

Thimmy wrote:
Blue wrote:What happend to the Crotian prodigy that Barcelona signed around the same time?

He's now 20 years old and he's a Hamburger player, but currently on loan at Las Palmas. I think I read somewhere that he's had some issues related to acting like a diva and behaving poorly towards team mates. Then again, some Spanish papers claimed that Ødegaard was arrogant and egocentric when he was being bullied by some of his Castilla team mates, and I've met very few youngsters in my life who are as humble as him.

Yeah that one I couldn't remember the name, I remember how hyped he was also around the same time. Damn he flamed out really quickly.

Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Martin Ødegaard - Welcome to Arsenal - Page 19 Empty Re: Martin Ødegaard - Welcome to Arsenal

Post by Firenze Mon May 08, 2017 4:29 pm

the problem is when these youngsters get insane hype from the media when they're signed by mega clubs at 14/15/16 is that usually either the pressure gets to them or they start thinking they're already a superstar and don't have much of a goal to work towards, after all they're already at a top 5 club in the world.

We rarely see these hyped prodigies make it and I never listen to 'potential', prefer to see results on the pitch.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:13 pm

still alive
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:20 pm

Who?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:22 pm

still only 19, kinda crazy

plenty of midfielders dont even emerge until their early 20s

not gonna write him off yet, but he's trash tbh
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:25 pm

He's actually really talented. I predicted him having a breakout season in the misc prediction thread. Hopefully he continues to produce.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:23 pm

Casciavit wrote:He's actually really talented. I predicted him having a breakout season in the misc prediction thread. Hopefully he continues to produce.

He's not having a good season so far tbh.
Was better last year but maybe he just needs more time to adjust.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:28 pm

Do you rate him?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:31 pm

Who?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:46 pm

Harmonica wrote:Who?

Yes, 'who' is a word used as a relative pronoun to introduce a clause when the antecedent is a person or persons or one to whom personality is attributed.

Unless you were asking about the band The Who? In which case, they are an English rock band formed in the 60s and are still active to this day.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:49 pm

zigra wrote:
Casciavit wrote:He's actually really talented. I predicted him having a breakout season in the misc prediction thread. Hopefully he continues to produce.

He was unlucky to get a fracture in his hand at the start of the season. I'm sure he'll find form soon.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:51 pm

Casciavit wrote:Do you rate him?

Depends. I rate him as talented but not outstanding.

Thimmy wrote:
zigra wrote:

He was unlucky to get a fracture in his hand at the start of the season. I'm sure he'll find form soon.

Didn't know about the injury but yeah, that would obviously add to him playing for a new team. Let's see how he performs after the winter break.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu May 02, 2019 9:51 pm

Started the season for a new club with an injured hand, but he made the most of the rest of the season Proud

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 15, 2019 10:51 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed May 15, 2019 11:19 pm

Other players who have been great at Vitesse in recent years include Ricky van Wolfswinkel, Davy Pröpper and Lucas Piazon.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 16, 2019 12:21 am

Need Man United to sign him so that Firenze has a steady companion in @Thimmy
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu May 16, 2019 12:41 am

You and me both. You seem to post as much about Bayern these days, as casciavit and Cruyff post about AC Milan. I've been watching Man United's games quite regularly for at least 15 years now. Hardly ever had a reason to comment on their football. What's your excuse? I suppose both of our teams are shit this season. That's a really funny joke, though, Hans. I will applaud you, if you insist.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu May 16, 2019 1:48 am

While Arte is a trusted member of GL, he is also extremely bias against anything that isn't the PL. So, with the help of Whoscored, decided to see if said players were as good as Thimmy's cousin Ode...

Ricky van Wolfswinkel (which sounds like a character from a Sound of Music): 7.19
Lucas Piazon: 7.32 (living that next Kaka life at Chievo)
Davy Propper: 7.08 and 7.24 (already a Brighton legend imo)

Martin Odegaard: 7.84 (and also outshining Barca bound Frenkie De Jong)

Yeah, whoscored is the greatest invention for those who really don't wanna watch Eredivisie too much.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu May 16, 2019 2:13 am

He has more talent in his pinky than those 3 combined. I hear Ajax want him as a potential Ziyech replacement. He's ready for a top 3 league. I'd take him as a Suso replacement in a heartbeat.

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu May 16, 2019 9:23 am

He really stepped up big time this season. I think that by now he's the best player in the league who doesn't play for Ajax / PSV and he'd be an amazing addition to our team. Hope we can get him.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu May 16, 2019 5:49 pm

The hilarious thing about Odegaard at Madrid is that if he weren't a Madrid player, the club would have actually been interested in him.

Money + buy back clause maybe in the works. Or a long term loan deal akin to Hakimi.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 16, 2019 6:01 pm

Thimmy wrote:You and me both. You seem to post as much about Bayern these days, as casciavit and Cruyff post about AC Milan. I've been watching Man United's games quite regularly for at least 15 years now. Hardly ever had a reason to comment on their football. What's your excuse? I suppose both of our teams are shit this season. That's a really funny joke, though, Hans. I will applaud you, if you insist.

Was not a joke. I notice your invested in United, Ole, and Odegaard, and if those three are coming together, I assumed you would be happy.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu May 16, 2019 6:51 pm

I’ve been following Ødegaard of my own accord. Always thought he was a genuinely exciting talent, despite all the hate he was getting on here. I know I keep getting brushed off as blindly biased when it comes to anything Norwegian I post about, but when people suggested that he was the greedy, arrogant diva that Marca were suggesting, I couldn’t let it slip. I actually had a talk with him 3-4 years ago. I don’t think I’ve met a more grounded kid. Just goes to show how easily people buy into the things that they read, and this forum is absolutely no exception.

I watch Man United whether I like it or not, that’s usually my excuse to visit childhood friends once or twice a week. I wouldn’t mind it if Ole gets sacked, even my Norwegian friends never had much faith in him, but as things stand, I don’t think he’s an urgent problem at the club. Like Lopetegui, he’s just a convenient scapegoat for bigger issues. I don’t know why you think I’d be happy about Martin going to Man United. They have too many issues to address right now. They need to replace the old with the new, and I really wouldn’t envy anyone who becomes part of that project.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun May 19, 2019 12:31 pm

Real Madrid starlet Martin Odegaard set for 'two-year loan move' to Ajax with £80,000-a-week midfielder still not in Zinedine Zidane's plans

this guy's on 80k a week? ffs
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:57 pm

It's been 5 years since his move to Real Madrid, and he's now 20 years old. Progressing nicely Smile

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:23 pm

Pinpoint through ball Proud

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 29 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 29  Next