Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

MILAN v Chievo Empty Re: MILAN v Chievo

Post by dostoevsky Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:39 am

Official Squads

AC Milan: Abbiati, Agazzi, Gori, Abate, Albertazzi, Alex, Armero, Bonera, De Sciglio, Mexes, Rami, Zaccardo, Essien, De Jong, Muntari, Poli, Bonaventura, El Shaarawy, Honda, Menez, Niang, Pazzini, Torres.

Chievo: Bardi, Seculin, Bizzarri, Cesar, Frey, Dainelli, Sardo, Edimar, Biraghi, Zukanovic, Cofie, Hetemaj, Radovanovic, Mangani, Bellomo, Birsa, Kupisz, Lazarevic, Pellissier, Meggiorini, Maxi Lopez, Paloschi
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:41 am

Should be a walk in the park
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:09 am

Get behind me, James.

Chievo seem unusually prone to giving our season momentum, however complacency is one of the greatest threats we will face this year and on the back of a string of disappointing results it's critical that we approach this in an aggressive manner. Much has been made of "the best attack in Serie A," however the past weeks have been a reminder that we are far from boasting such a squad. If we want to reliably defeat the fodder in Serie A it has to be through consistent pressure.

Hoping that Inzaghi will now return El Shaarawy to the starting line up.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:16 am

Bi-Pa-Lo will f us up for sure.

Spoiler:
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:58 am

Lopez Proud takes me back to when he and SES were an outstanding duo Proud

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:07 pm

Let's hope we win . I am especially eager to see Alex-Rami together , let's finally find out how 'too similar' are they after all and why they couldn't play all this time together.. In my opinion they are the best pair we have at the moment .

Not sure in what form Chievo are either , but i think they can trouble us if we don't score in the first half. I think it's imperative that we score in the first half and keep possesion well , to thwart any hopes they my have and make them concede the initiative 100% to Milan . Although , what will we do with it remains to be seen. Last but not least , Ses isn't on the starting line up once more.

Not sure if injuries are still bothering him , but if not , i am officialy mad . Really , 4th game in a row? I like the caution , but it's been almost a whole month already ffs ! When he will get in form like that , i guess when Milan will be officialy fighting for the last Europa league position once again . smh

I don't know why Inzaghi takes his time , but he better start playing already .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:25 pm

Muntari and Honda's goals :bow:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:27 pm

TYPE R MODE :bow:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:46 pm

Honda top goal scorer in Serie A playing on the RW

Pippo giving dem goal scoring tips Proud
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:48 pm

Galliani: “Goalkkeeping. Defense. Midfield. Attack. My grandmother used to tell me stories about the old days, a time of peace when the Avatar kept balance between the Keepers, Defenders, Midfielders, and Forwards. But that all changed when the Oil Clubs attacked. Only the Avatar mastered all four aspects. But when the world needed him most, he vanished. A hundred years have passed and the Oil Clubs are nearing victory in the War. Two years ago, we sold our 2 best players to PSG, leaving me and Braida to look after our club. Some people believe that the Avatar was never reborn, and that the cycle is broken. But I haven't lost hope. I still believe that somehow, the Avatar will return to save our club."

Honda :bow: (M99 will get what i wrote hmm)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:04 pm

Muntari is bad in keeping possession, however, he does have good positioning.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:35 am

It's no coincidence that Rami - Alex got us our first clean sheet of the season. Yes, it was only against Chievo, but remember that we conceded against Cesena and Empoli in the last 2 games.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:28 am

El Shaarawy wrote:Galliani: “Goalkkeeping. Defense. Midfield. Attack. My grandmother used to tell me stories about the old days, a time of peace when the Avatar kept balance between the Keepers, Defenders, Midfielders, and Forwards. But that all changed when the Oil Clubs attacked. Only the Avatar mastered all four aspects. But when the world needed him most, he vanished. A hundred years have passed and the Oil Clubs are nearing victory in the War. Two years ago, we sold our 2 best players to PSG, leaving me and Braida to look after our club. Some people believe that the Avatar was never reborn, and that the cycle is broken. But I haven't lost hope. I still believe that somehow, the Avatar will return to save our club."

Honda :bow: (M99 will get what i wrote hmm)

Hondavatar Proud

Excellent result and a well deserved win in the end, however certain incidents were extremely worrying. We could easily have thrown this entire game away when leading 1-0 after Muntari surrendered possession deep in the opposition half, leading to a 3v1 counter attack for Chievo which they fortunately squandered. Sulley deserves criticism for his part in this, however the lack of concentration and organisation shown by the team in this moment was more concerning. We had pushed up the majority of the team into the box for a set piece. The team stayed high in anticipation of a delivery from Menez who held onto the ball for a long time before eventually passing it off, allowing ample opportunity for the team to reorganise and ensure that we were not vulnerable to the counter, however instead we found ourselves taken immediate advantage of. That such a moment occured when we were in the lead is even more concerning. Such lapses in concentration will be the difference between Champions League and Europa League qualification this year and it is absolutely imperative that we show greater discernment, particularly when in the lead.

Otherwise it was a decent performance in which we were unfortunate not to score more, with excellent contributions in attack coming from both of our fullbacks. We still require El Shaarawy's dynamism in attack however, particularly in games in which the initiative on the ball is surrendered entirely to our side. Hopefully this is the last game in which he does not start.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:04 am

wtf why is Dost banned?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:05 am

Oh, that was Kick. Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:46 am

Kick, i know you're frustrated about losing Essien, but there's no need to dish out on Dost imo

Anyways, great review Dost. We did look like we were going to lose it after we scored the first goals, as Chievo had many chances. Torres didn't do too well today imo, and i think it's time SES starts games. Something like SES---Menez---Honda would be good i think, Bonaventura can slot in midfield alongside NDJ/Poli/Muntari. Our CB partnership should be Ramex from now on, Abate undroppable atm and De Sciglio is getting his confidence back.

Also, when is Diego coming back hmm that fake injury must've taken a toll on him hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:20 pm

Agreed that it would be nice to see a return to our forward line from the opener at Lazio with the addition of Allegri into the midfield. Normally I would be reluctant to play without a centre forward, however Menez has shown himself to be adept at holding the ball with his back to goal, astutely using his body as a shield and showing great technique under pressure to facilitate our build up through the centre of the pitch. My main concern would be our occasional tendency to fall back into the habit of playing the ball long on a regular basis which undermines Menez's greatest strengths. When we insist on playing out from the back to feet however then Menez's mobility and poise can be exploited. I would use Torres and even Niang when fatigue becomes an issue in midfield, at which point we tend to become far more direct and require a reference point to enable us to slow down the game and retain possession or when a team is defending deep late in the game and we need someone to occupy the box, in which case Torres and Pazzini can both fill a role.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:28 pm

Words of wisdom from Galliani:

“People seem to act as if all the free agents are rubbish players who can’t play football, but the truth is it takes more ability to find a good free agent than to spend millions on a player.”

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:33 pm

It takes something even more special to find a free agent like Bakaye.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:20 pm

Casciavit wrote:Words of wisdom from Galliani:

“People seem to act as if all the free agents are rubbish players who can’t play football, but the truth is it takes more ability to find a good free agent than to spend millions on a player.”

Key word
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:49 pm

abate is seriously on steroids!!! cheers playing like a winger these days!!! he was everywhere, right flank he owned... he even had times did rami's and de sciglio job while consistently being a thorn at chievo's defense. could have had another assist.

i feel sorry for torres because our midfield is hopeless!!! i thought while menez is a threat, he is overelaborating at times and just wasting time because torres likes spaces and always running at spaces waiting for someone to read his game. menez was just wasting so many couterattacking opportunities with his dribblings. it was just a time waste so many times. this is one of those things i have been saying that if we had midfielders with brain, we would have had so much fluid attacking football. Torres had to track back and being at wing, which reminded me of him at Chelsea.
I am starting to feel that seedorf would have done 1000 times better job at this.

and credit to Honda he has been on fire, could have had 2 goals, excellent in the attack, though i have to say he is better off in the middle, he could have had created and scored.

and good to see De sciglio improving. Defensively a bit of a suspect but attacking wise he was in it today, made some very good crosses.

muntari for me despite his goal was a fail again, chievo really failed so many times to finish, they had like 3-4 counterattacks with only abbiati and rami to beat at times. just poor giving ball away.

we had good result but there are still individuals making some awful mistakes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down