GIGItheBest
Luca
Tomwin Lannister
salmano9
DeviAngel
15 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

UEFA Champions League : Olympiakos vs Juventus | 22.10.2014 |  Empty UEFA Champions League : Olympiakos vs Juventus | 22.10.2014 |

Post by DeviAngel Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:33 pm

Allegri: 'Vidal against Olympiacos'

Max Allegri said Olympiacos-Juventus “is not decisive” in the Champions League and confirmed Arturo Vidal will start.

It kicks off in Athens on Wednesday at 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT).

“I brought 18 players, plus the goalkeepers, and they are all available,” noted the Coach in his Press conference.

“I have several choices still to make. I can be sure of the four defenders, but that doesn’t mean I will play with four at the back, plus Tevez and Vidal.

“Arturo is doing better and the last few days training in Turin improved his fitness levels. Tomorrow I hope to see an excellent Vidal, albeit not at 100 per cent for the full 90 minutes, but hopefully in good shape.”

Among the choices Allegri is still pondering is Fernando Llorente or Alvaro Morata in attack to partner Carlos Tevez.

“Morata has a lot of quality and great potential, so I will evaluate whether he or Llorente start. Morata is really growing a great deal.”

Olympiacos already beat Atletico Madrid 3-2 in Athens, so are a dangerous proposition on home turf.

“What headline would I give to this game? Not decisive, but important. We have tomorrow in Athens, then in 15 days we meet again in Turin. We need the right performance in every sense.

“We have great respect for Olympiacos. They beat Atletico, they play good football and have a Coach who brought the Spanish mentality to Greece, so focus on possession and passing.

“It’ll be difficult for us and for them, as Champions League games are never easy. We must find a way to limit their strongest characteristics.”

Juve went out of the Champions League last season following a surprise defeat away to Galatasaray and have struggled on their European travels.

“Going forward in the Champions League is fundamental and we absolutely cannot get this wrong. The atmosphere will be fiery and the fans try to help their team, but it’s the players on the pitch who decide the result.

“We must be relaxed and determined to play a game that is strong in substance and technique.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

UEFA Champions League : Olympiakos vs Juventus | 22.10.2014 |  Empty Re: UEFA Champions League : Olympiakos vs Juventus | 22.10.2014 |

Post by salmano9 Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:59 pm

19:40 -UN ONLY DOUBT OF EDUCATION - Juventus has landed in Athens for a few hours. Massimiliano Allegri during today's session did not try the back four and most likely will play with 3-5-2: Buffon will be in port. In defense play Ogbonna, Bonucci and Chiellini. In midfield, there is the only doubters training and remains open balloting between Pirlo and Marchisio, for the rest of us will be Vidal, Pogba; while on the wing and it's up to Lichtsteiner and Asamoah. At the moment, according to Sky Sports, the number 21 is favored Juventus midfielder Turin. In the attack alongside Tevez should play Llorente should have beaten competition from Morata,
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

UEFA Champions League : Olympiakos vs Juventus | 22.10.2014 |  Empty Re: UEFA Champions League : Olympiakos vs Juventus | 22.10.2014 |

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:51 pm

I'm sick of us playing Llorente no matter what

Why even buy a promising young striker if the competition can play like shit for months and still be prefered

Marchisio also must start every game he can, he's been our best player alongside Tevez this season.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:05 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:I'm sick of us playing Llorente no matter what

Why even buy a promising young striker if the competition can play like shit for months and still be prefered

Marchisio also must start every game he can, he's been our best player alongside Tevez this season.

I don't mind, although Llorente has been far from impressive- I blame the system more than anything.

I have no kind words for this insistent need to play the 3-5-2, I don't want to sound like elm and completely bash the management, the players etc. but I personally cannot stand it.

As for Llorente or Morata, in limited minutes Morata has looked more lively but I appreciate Llorente's play, maybe for the mere fact of how under-appreciated he is at Juventus. He has taken Quagliarella's place Proud

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:23 am

Luca wrote:
Tomwin Lannister wrote:I'm sick of us playing Llorente no matter what

I don't mind, although Llorente has been far from impressive- I blame the system more than anything.

I have no kind words for this insistent need to play the 3-5-2, I don't want to sound like elm and completely bash the management, the players etc. but I personally cannot stand it.

As for Llorente or Morata, in limited minutes Morata has looked more lively but I appreciate Llorente's play, maybe for the mere fact of how under-appreciated he is at Juventus. He has taken Quagliarella's place Proud

That's true... Lolo's presence is really felt when he does not play, and especially when we cross and there is nobody in the center to head it in.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:37 am

Llorente's never in the center to head it in regardless. His positioning in the box has been abysmal so far.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:52 am

I'm hoping Morata starts tomorrow along with Marchisio.
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:29 am

we might as well drop in our suicide note before we step onto the field with another 3-5-2.....

Allegri has disappointed me in his insistence of 3-5-2 with a look to keeping his job, I fear it shall turn out to be his demise instead....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:27 am

I think Romulo should start getting minutes..
He is solid on the ball...should start making substitute appearances in midfield and not on the wing...

ALso...Giovinco, Pereyra Or Coman to pressure weakened defenses with their speed and dribbles.
This team can achieve so much....we have an incredible line up
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:10 am

Cotes wrote:
I think Romulo should start getting minutes..
He is solid on the ball...should start making substitute appearances in midfield and not on the wing...

ALso...Giovinco, Pereyra Or Coman to pressure weakened defenses with their speed and dribbles.
This team can achieve so much....we have an incredible line up

Romulo isn't match fit yet he's hasn't even trained yet
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:09 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Llorente's never in the center to head it in regardless. His positioning in the box has been abysmal so far.

Yeah man, as you guys said, he would be more effective in a 433 system.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:26 am

Allegri has Marchisio-Pirlo choice

Massimiliano Allegri reportedly faces two selection headaches ahead of Juventus’ trip to Olympiacos.

According to reports, the Coach is weighing up whether to start with Andrea Pirlo or Claudio Marchisio in the third matchday of the Champions League in Greece.

Alongside this are apparent doubts over whether Alvaro Morata or Fernando Llorente should partner Carlos Tevez in attack.

La Stampa reports that Allegri will select a midfield consisting of Paul Pogba, the returning Arturo Vidal and either Marchisio or Pirlo. Tuttosport believes that Marchisio is slight favourite to be entrusted with the role, as ‘Il Principino’ is seen as offering better defensive cover than Pirlo.

However, the veteran’s ability to open up opponents with one moment of magic could yet see him given the nod.

Further forward, Allegri will decide between two Spaniards to face Olympiacos, as he commented in his pre-match Press conference.

Fernando Llorente has been preferred to Alvaro Morata in both Champions League games thus far, but Tuttosport speculates that the more mobile Morata could line-up to face the Greek side.

La Stampa also believes the former Real Madrid man could make his first Juventus start, especially if Llorente is not judged as having fully recovered from a back injury that hampered the Spanish international during Juve’s 1-1 draw at Sassuolo.

Elsewhere the Bianconeri are likely to name an unchanged back-three, while Kwadwo Asamoah will replace Patrice Evra at left-wing-back, after the former Manchester United man struggled in the position in the Sassuolo game.

Carlos Tevez is a certainty to be handed a start in attack, after a blistering start to the season which has seen the Argentinean notch eight goals in eight games across all competitions for the Old Lady so far this season.

Probable Juventus XI to face Olympiacos: Buffon; Ogbonna, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Pogba, Marchisio, Vidal, Asamoah; Tevez, Morata
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:54 pm

Morata must play! I think we could have a real complete modern top striker in Morata who can make his own chances and even works hard to win the ball back!

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:27 pm

18:05 - INCREASES IN THE PRICES OF MORATA - Juventus, soon, will leave the hotel that houses it to move to the stadium. Massimiliano Allegri has dissolved the last doubts and begin to leak early indications on training that will face Olympiakos. In the three-man defense, in front of Buffon, play Ogbonna, Bonucci and Chiellini. In five man midfield Pirlo seems to have won the runoff with Marchisio. Along with the number 21 and then act Vidal Pogba; on the outside it's up to Lichtsteiner and Asamoah. In the attack could be an important development, in fact, rising prices of Morata. The number 9 Juventus could be chosen alongside Tevez.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:28 pm

I think it's shocking we're benching Marchisio after his season.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:40 pm

I think its because Allegri wants Pirlo to regain his form and fitness... Probably Marchisio will be subbed in in the second half
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:43 pm

Marchisio has been fantastic in that deep playing mid role... much better than Pirlo was last season, let alone this one.

You shouldn't play favorites like that even if it's a legend. The best players should always play. If you make an exception for one, then others are going to expect it too...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:45 pm

Problem is Pirlo is loved at Juve obviously, and is a legend.

Allegri and Pirlo had that whole thing at Milan which lead to what we see today, if he benches him again even if it's completely justified he'll be under unbelievable pressure.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:38 pm

Olympiacos: Roberto; Elabdellaoui, Botia, Abidal, Masuaku; Maniatis, Kasami; Milivojevic, Dominguez, N’Dinga; Mitroglou

Olympiacos bench: Megyeri, Giannoulis, Avlonitis, Afellay, Durmaz, David Fuster, Diamantakos

Juventus: Buffon; Ogbonna, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Pogba, Pirlo, Vidal, Asamoah; Morata, Tevez

Juventus bench: Storari, Evra, Pereyra, Marchisio, Llorente, Giovinco, Coman
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:50 pm

Why did Pirlo start over Claudio?????
He give the ball away and almost caused problems
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:18 pm

Maan, pirlo is rotting in the pitch!
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:23 pm

Pirlo you *bleep* asshole !
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:28 pm

We are shit! No two ways about it. We are the best team in a league which is shit at the moment! That's why we struggle against good teams!

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:33 pm

inderbaby wrote:We are shit! No two ways about it. We are the best team in a league which is shit at the moment! That's why we struggle against good teams!

come on you know better than this. Pirlo is *bleep* up all this new system, and we won't pass the group again you've heard it here first
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:38 pm

Pirlo has been poor yes, but blame the real problem 3-5-2.....

and unluckily for us our coach after almost 10 games is still retarded to see that......
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next