M99
Zealous
Rebaño Sagrado
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

FIFA Coach of the Year - Page 2 Empty Re: FIFA Coach of the Year

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:22 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Those Algeria and Costa Rica coaches whose name I don't even remember >>>> Mou last season >>>> a few hundred other coaches > Klinsmann.

fully agreed

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:32 pm

Pulis > Klinsmann

Anyway it is no contest for Simeone.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:35 pm

Find it funny that Arsene got in the list last year when we won nothing, but we won 2 trophies this year and he is omitted hmm
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:57 pm

RealGunner wrote:Find it funny that Arsene got in the list last year when we won nothing, but we won 2 trophies this year and he is omitted hmm

It's a WC year, so some of the other years' fillers have to give way to some NT coaches hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:22 pm

Simeone deserves it but I kinda wanna see Van Gaal get it.

Don't get me wrong Simeone deserves it more but I will always be a fan of Van Gaal for the stuff he did this WC. Destroying Spain the way he did, pulling the Krul thing, and getting a really bad Dutch team to 3rd place. You gotta say it's impressive.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:26 pm

ACMRox wrote:Simeone deserves it but I kinda wanna see Van Gaal get it.

Don't get me wrong Simeone deserves it more but I will always be a fan of Van Gaal for the stuff he did this WC. Destroying Spain the way he did, pulling the Krul thing, and getting a really bad Dutch team to 3rd place. You gotta say it's impressive.

And then of course that unforgettable, impressive game against MK Dons..
Coach of the year for sure Neutral
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:35 pm

Odds have the favorites like this:

1. Loew
2. Carletoo
3. Simeone

Oddly Klinsman is not last (or even 2nd to last) but Pep is
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:22 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
ACMRox wrote:Simeone deserves it but I kinda wanna see Van Gaal get it.

And then of course that unforgettable, impressive game against MK Dons..
Coach of the year for sure Neutral

Somehow I doubt that game will last as long as the Krul substitution... Wink
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:12 pm

rwo power wrote:LOL, it would be hilarious if Jogi Löw wins, considering how many people want to have him out of the German NT. If he wins, he will be practically un-sackable....
He just won the WC, why would people want him sacked?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:03 pm

fatman123 wrote:He just won the WC, why would people want him sacked?
Because many people are convinced we didn't win because of him, but despite him. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:13 pm

FIFA Coach of the Year - Page 2 10406524_870536316311967_5678690257886984558_n
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:29 pm

This is a must win for Simeone really.
Winning the CL is a great achievement. Winning the WC - obviously aswell. But Simeone coached a team that absolutely NO ONE expected to even finish second. Even after 25 games or so I remember there were still soooo many people expecting Atletico to fade away because they couldn't even think of them finishing above Barca OR Real Madrid. Winning the spanish league with Atletico Madrid (and all that while they even made it to the CL final) was such a shock - it's such a massive achievement. If you don't get the award for that you can just give it to the guy who wins the biggest trophy every season.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:31 pm

Yeah I agree, Simeone should definitely win this one. He really taught his team to grind out results through any means necessary

The amazing thing is they are doing the exact same this season. When teams learn how to defend corners against them however...........
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:34 pm

rwo power wrote:
fatman123 wrote:He just won the WC, why would people want him sacked?
Because many people are convinced we didn't win because of him, but despite him. ^^

Only team to win despite of a coach would be Denmark in '92. Scrub coach leading the most talented generation in our history probably to a third place in a qualifying group. Then getting in trouble with Michael Laudrup who leaves the NT. Then goes on to win because of Schmeichel and co Proud
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:35 pm

I think Low should win it. If Simeone would win it i wouldn't say a word against him tbh , however winning the World Cup will always be more than a great club season . Even going by project , the World Cup project took at the very least 2 years to complete . From the first qualification game to winning the final , it goes a really long way in football.

Obviously i don't say Low is a better coach than Simeone . But the WC on it's own speak volumes . You don't just win World Cups , just because the players are great. Many other great NTs in the past were filled with legends of the game , or simply have had assembled a great team , but they failed even to impress sometimes. More often than not , the coach was one of the big reasons .

Brazil 2006 , Italy 2002 , Spain 2002 and 2006 , Argentina 2002 and France 2002 e.t.c. Just on the top of my head , there are many more examples if we look closely. Low's importance for Germany was fundamental and as much as i respect Simeone's Atletico and their fantastic last season , i'd put winning the World Cup over Atletico's last season .

I mean , if we look at Ancelotti here , who won the CL and the cup , and imo is anyway a better coach than both Simeone and Low, i'd still have issues to give the award to him instead of the WC winning coach , who's team was also a joy to watch whilst being superior against fine opponents.

In any case , i think any of the three would deserve to win the award , so all's fine i guess. Just saying my opinion on why Low should at least have the edge here . The argument that Germany is a great team Low or no Low obviously stands , but then again , when it actually comes and the competition begins , the coach sometimes is the alpha and the omega ; and it has been proven so many times in the past. Club seasons come and go , but the WC takes place in just one month every 4 years . You cannot hide , the smallest of mistakes could mean elimination. 2 years of plans could just go to waste if 1-2 of your best players get injured pre and during the competition. Low also lost Reus , a very important player in his plans and still went on to make the team play some great football on the road , let alone how superior Germany was in the WC , going to the final by winning Brazil in a historic 7-1.

TL;DR I'd give it to Low for winning the WC , even though any of the 3 would make a worthy winner.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:20 am

But Low was not particularly impressive in my opinion. For example in the WC final Argentina were better tactically - generating the more clear cut chances than Germany - but were let down by poor finishing. LVG, Sabella, Jorge Luis Pinto and Vahid Halilhodžić all had better World Cups. I think Simeone should win it hands down. He had the worst team of the nominated coaches and still achieved very impressive results.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:56 am

Yeah considering the squad Löw had, I'm not too impressed by much anything he's done. He's a great coach when it goes towards teaching his players technique, making them memorize their routes, but he's a rather horrid tactician.
He has his moments, but Simeone has done what impresses me most: gone very far with moderate means. That's why the past 2 seasons Kloppo would've had my vote.

I consider the WC the most important trophy, though, I just think Löw did more harm than good with the changes to the tactics and lineup before the WC, IMHO we would've sailed smoother if we kept the 4-2-3-1 we played the Euros with, including Özil at CAM, no matter how great Kroos was.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:53 am

I don't particularly disagree with any of you , i just take into consideration the fact that most all the coaches included in the award would agree with what i said.

If you asked them what their criteria is , they would tell you results . And there's hardly a better result out there for 2014 than winning the WC . Once again , i honestly get fully how you make your case on Low , i am not even a fan of his tbh with you. But the World Cup is a very good hand , no matter if he wasn't perfect in every game , or how many mismanagements and mistakes he did , he actually achieved the ultimate purpose , which matters more than what any other coach in 2014 did. He didn't just pop up in Brazil one day , he helped too to build this team you know. He has his fair share in the briliance of the German NT.

This is not the players award . A coach gets individual awards 90% of the time solely based on the results , not for the brand , neither his vision , nor the internal difficulties he had to deal with . It's pretty much what all coaches discuss when it goes to their FIFA award each year. Results.

So even if i agree that what Simeone managed was spectacular and admirable , even if i agree that Ancelotti ideally is still the better coach out of the three anyway , Low won the World Cup . You can't say any coach had a better WC , if he had he would have won the competition , it is that simple . The rest of the best of the WC did very well , or more than expected , it doesn't make their case better than Low , just because Low had a great team to manage . Strictly speaking , Low did better than anyone in the WC. Like i pointed out earlier , a great team is only 50% in the WC and it has been proven time and time again that a bad coach with a great team will fail in the WC and a good coach with a mediocre team will do wonders in the WC.

Low had one goal with that team , to win the World Cup. That the NT was great doesn't bereft him of anything . Low is neglected in this thread as if Germany would have won it by default , which really is far from reality , if we want to talk seriously. You don't win world cups like that . Good generals win battles , the best win the actual war , even after having lost some battles. What do you think Low did ? What do you think any coach would preffer ? My point here is exactly this , it doesn't even need answering . Similarly with Low , it's the end result that counts here . I am pretty sure any coach out there would have traded anything he had won last year with the WC . People use that argument that Germany was too strong , i agree yes.. yes but , simply put , it's not that simple. Just a look in previous editions and you will see why. Whatever Low did , however he decided to do it , worked against the competition and he had no easy opponents alright. It has to be counted as the best job of 2014 , which again , goes a lot deeper than 1 month .

Pinpointing where Low didn't do well during the WC , or how other managers did well against the odds , both are barely standing as an argument when you realise Low came out on top in the end with his team. It almost doesn't even matter what anyone else in the wc did , to put things into perspective here.

All in all i fully get you . I don't even disagree with what you say about Low , or Simeone and others. I just have to point out that in the end , those arguments don't stand their ground here , dwelving into details and perspective ; how he was 'bested' , or how he should have done more/better than winning the WC. Coaches are judged by results and the best manager for 2014 is the one who achieved the best result , in our case the WC. Ideally better or not , not without flaws road to the final or not , favourite team or not , Low did it in spite of everyone else. Imo , that should be recognised as best , therefore making him the favourite for the award , if you ask me that is.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: