Mario Balotelli and Yaya Toure report racist abuse in the Porto match

5 posters

Go down

Mario Balotelli and Yaya Toure report racist abuse in the Porto match Empty Mario Balotelli and Yaya Toure report racist abuse in the Porto match

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:44 pm

Manchester City have informed the UEFA matchday delegate of their intention to complain about alleged racist abuse suffered by their players during the 2-1 Europa League victory over Porto, the club have confirmed.

Striker Mario Balotelli complained about being subjected to abuse first, with midfielder Yaya Toure backing up his claim, leading to City informing the delegate of their plans to complain. Although manager Roberto Mancini did not hear the abuse, Balotelli has told a club official he heard abusive chanting during the game at the Estadio do Drago, which City won 2-1.

Reports circulated during the match that Balotelli and Toure were subjected to monkey noises. But when asked about it, Mancini said: "I didn't hear this because I was concentrating on the game. I don't know if (it happened) to Mario and Yaya."
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Mario Balotelli and Yaya Toure report racist abuse in the Porto match Empty Re: Mario Balotelli and Yaya Toure report racist abuse in the Porto match

Post by Zealous Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:46 pm

It'll be interesting to see how UEFA handle this.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Mario Balotelli and Yaya Toure report racist abuse in the Porto match Empty Re: Mario Balotelli and Yaya Toure report racist abuse in the Porto match

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:48 pm

Last night on ITV the commentators also mentioned that there were reports of racial abuse hurled at Balotelli.

Kind of stupid since they a portugal international playing for them. Varela.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:58 pm

SMH is true.

I been to Porto many many times, been in the stadium twice plus Porto have alot black guys (Alvero, Rolando, Mangala, Helton, Varela, Djalma, Fernando, Hulk, Souza) so its very surprising to me.

But every club indeed has its idiots.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:03 pm

Yeah there's always a group of idiots ruining it for the rest of the fans.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:45 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:Last night on ITV the commentators also mentioned that there were reports of racial abuse hurled at Balotelli.

Kind of stupid since they a portugal international playing for them. Varela.
The Franchise wrote:SMH is true.

I been to Porto many many times, been in the stadium twice plus Porto have alot black guys (Alvero, Rolando, Mangala, Helton, Varela, Djalma, Fernando, Hulk, Souza) so its very surprising to me.

But every club indeed has its idiots.

You're both making the mistake of thinking that racists follow a logical train of thought Laughing
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:51 pm

Very true.

I really wonder who is responsible, because I sat (well stood on the chairs lol) with the ultras, the Super Dragoes, the founder was very much in charge and when someone let off a flare in the stands he went bonkers...so racism, I cant imagine was stood for.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down