izzy
Robespierre
Gil
Valkyrja
farfan
27 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

so...is this still mourinho's madrid ? Empty so...is this still mourinho's madrid ?

Post by farfan Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:39 pm

i'd like to hear from some of those mourinho fanboys who claimed that jose deserved as much, if not more credit than ancelotti for winning the CL last year . Laughing supposedly because mourinho built that team and ancelotti didn't bring anything new to it other than peace in the locker room .

when did madrid look as dominant under mourinho as they are today? when does lthe statute of limitations on mourinho's influence end ? will some of you give him credit for madrid success in 2018 ? wouldn't suprise me tbh . some people here credited him with the chelsea CL win 5 years after he left the team . Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

so...is this still mourinho's madrid ? Empty Re: so...is this still mourinho's madrid ?

Post by Valkyrja Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:25 pm

With Mourinho we've never ever dominated a big team mostly because of his big match defensive tactics. That was the main reason we didn't win the CL in 2012. He flopped vs Bayern hard over 2 legs.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

so...is this still mourinho's madrid ? Empty Re: so...is this still mourinho's madrid ?

Post by Gil Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:53 pm

What a load of shit. Mourinho's influence is all over this Madrid team. Carlo.never had to face Pep's Barca yet still finished third lol.

What big team have Madrid beaten btw?

Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:56 pm

tbh the Barcellona faced by Mourinho was better than this imo.

Last edited by Robespierre on Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:10 pm

Valkyrja wrote:With Mourinho we've never ever dominated a big team mostly because of his big match defensive tactics. That was the main reason we didn't win the CL in 2012. He flopped vs Bayern hard over 2 legs.

Gil wrote:What a load of shit. Mourinho's influence is all over this Madrid team. Carlo.never had to face Pep's Barca yet still finished third lol.

What big team have Madrid beaten btw?

mourinho finished 15 points behind a coachless barcelona .
lost the cup to a weaker atletico than the one ancelotti faced .
got trashed in the CL against germany's second best team .

that khedira-pepe-alonso midfield against barcelona rofl
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:15 pm

Cant wait for Jose to outclass Carlo again. Whats his record like again? 0 wins, 4 losses right?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:20 pm

Gil wrote:Cant wait for Jose to outclass Carlo again. Whats his record like again? 0 wins, 4 losses right?

come again bro ?
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:39 pm

Gil wrote:What big team have Madrid beaten btw?

What an incredibly stupid Gil like question. :facepalm:

Also, let's give Mou credit where it's due. He instilled a mental toughness into this team during his time here and laid the foundation for how the players feel about playing in those big games.

izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:46 pm

Coping with pettiness and awful attitude of Mourinho helped us tremendously. The horrible time they had under Mourinho made them work harder and appreciate playing with each other more hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:06 pm

never understood the need to give mou credit, when it already been established that mou was just there to get the 10th and leave, mou has no system to leave behind ffs, only thing i would give him is that he made the players more unified, even if it was to get him out Laughing
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:13 pm

chad4401 wrote:never understood the need to give mou credit, when it already been established that mou was just there to get the 10th and leave, mou has no system to leave behind ffs, only thing i would give him is that he made the players more unified, even if it was to get him out Laughing

Well, we were pretty much a joke on the European stage, till Mou came.

There were questions on whether we would ever get back to a level that saw us a legit powerhouse who could challenge the top teams in Europe, Mou changed that.

I can give credit for that, because I remember the years of embarrassment, pain and disgust that came before.

Whether I agree with his methods or not, he did lay a foundation for us to actually be a steady team and club. Something we can build upon (not replicate his mistakes).

I respect the guy for what he did, because it could have been REAL ugly if we had someone else during that time.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:19 pm

He should be given some credit because he got us onto the big stage. Prior to that we struggled to get past the last 16 etc. I'm sure the core of the team gained more experience under him. However it's mostly down to Ancelotti. It was his tactics etc that ultimately won it.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:22 pm

imo izzy the real reasons why we were a joke in europe was mainly because of nostalgia and bad buys, we had a lot of past it players even tho they had big names, and a lot of shit players cause calderon had no real connections like flo

only reason he got cr was because cr always intended to play for madrid in some point in time his career if he could

lastly mou was a very big name coach and that gave him an edge over the players,since he had the president full backing, its pretty obvious players didn't care for pelle, since flo didn't care either
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:30 pm

chad4401 wrote:imo izzy the real reasons why we were a joke in europe was mainly because of nostalgia and bad buys, we had a lot of past it players even tho they had big names, and a lot of shit players cause calderon had no real connections like flo

only reason he got cr was because cr always intended to play for madrid in some point in time his career if he could

lastly mou was a very big name coach and that gave him an edge over the players,since he had the president full backing, its pretty obvious players didn't care for pelle, since flo didn't care either

But, look at that though... Bad Buys. The Coach was basically given a list of players that were going to be bought, then it was his job to make it work and if he didn't, Fired.

What kind of toxic situation is that to have at club?

Flo did it to Pelle as well. "I'm gonna buy these players, I don't really want you as coach, so if you don't make it work, Bye."

Where is the stability?

Flo couldn't pull that with Mou, because of his status, record, accomplishments. Imagine if we had another lame duck coach instead Mou? Someone who was put in the same position as Pelle was?

No stability, no continuity, no foundation. Nothing to actually build upon.
For a club as Huge as we are, to be lacking the basics that ANY football club should have is scary and that threatened to continue, until Mou came.

Whether his time here was a success or not, I don't really care, that's for Mou to decide.

But knowing the history of this club, this history of Perez and his actions, the insane buying of players instead of smart buys that help the team on the field and not in the finance room, I look at when Mou arrived and some semblance of stability came.

For that, I give him credit and huge respect.
That's just me though.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:33 pm

I agree with Gil, nothing special about beating Bayern, Barcelona and Atletico. Add Carlo to your Fraudster of the Year Gil?!

Seriously, Mourinho steadied the ship while he was here just to put it back on serious rocky balance during the same time period. Izzy and Chad mentioned two different schools of thought and both probably would be correct in their own right. However, as much as Mourinho helped with getting RM to what it once was, he didn't hesitate in trying to undermine his own work because, well, he is an a-hole.

So that foundation that is being talked about, Mourinho not only laid it but try to take a sledgehammer and smash it into nothingness.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:38 pm

Doc wrote:I agree with Gil, nothing special about beating Bayern, Barcelona and Atletico. Add Carlo to your Fraudster of the Year Gil?!

Seriously, Mourinho steadied the ship while he was here just to put it back on serious rocky balance during the same time period. Izzy and Chad mentioned two different schools of thought and both probably would be correct in their own right. However, as much as Mourinho helped with getting RM to what it once was, he didn't hesitate in trying to undermine his own work because, well, he is an a-hole.

So that foundation that is being talked about, Mourinho not only laid it but try to take a sledgehammer and smash it into nothingness.

well, he learned from the great LvG after all.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:40 pm

I'm not saying that Mourinho's influence on the current team is 0. Mourinho somehow instilled a winning mentality in our squad, something we lacked for 6-7 years. And besides that the fast transition on counters is still his work imo.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:51 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:well, he learned from the great LvG after all.

You know, during my days of broad footballing viewing, I do remember LvG doing great/good things at the start of Barcelona and Bayern. After 2 or 3 years, he basically did what a child would do to a lego building he doesn't like.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:07 pm

Are the MouBots still finding slivers of light into giving credit to which Carlo has built with his own hands (and eyebrows)?

In a span of 3 seasons Mourinho built a cumulative team of absolutely *bleep* all.

Not not mention he was a cancer to their team.

You can use Carlo's league failure all you want until you come to the realization that he blasted his way through the Champions League winning Real Madrid La Decima and continues to dominate the teams his great teams face.

It was funny when Madrid fans and external Carlo critics alike wrote him off before he even come let alone panning him for menial reasons during his tenure.

Crow was eaten at the end of the day; a banquet.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:36 am

Doc wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:well, he learned from the great LvG after all.

You know, during my days of broad footballing viewing, I do remember LvG doing great/good things at the start of Barcelona and Bayern. After 2 or 3 years, he basically did what a child would do to a lego building he doesn't like.

Exactly, that's why I highlighted that sentence of yours. Was very similar with van Gaal at Bayern.
I'd say both did have a long term positive effect though.
We wouldn't be where we are without van Gaal, but neither with him staying.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:59 am

This current RM team looks an awful lot like a top side PL team when I see them play. :coffee:
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:17 am

izzy wrote:
chad4401 wrote:never understood the need to give mou credit, when it already been established that mou was just there to get the 10th and leave, mou has no system to leave behind ffs, only thing i would give him is that he made the players more unified, even if it was to get him out Laughing

Well, we were pretty much a joke on the European stage, till Mou came.

There were questions on whether we would ever get back to a level that saw us a legit powerhouse who could challenge the top teams in Europe, Mou changed that.

I can give credit for that, because I remember the years of embarrassment, pain and disgust that came before.

Whether I agree with his methods or not, he did lay a foundation for us to actually be a steady team and club. Something we can build upon (not replicate his mistakes).

I respect the guy for what he did, because it could have been REAL ugly if we had someone else during that time.

The change came because of the players the club bought. It was obvious in 09-10 already when you got 96 points while you had *bleep* Manuel Pellegrini trying to form a team of the new players. I know Real went out against Lyon but still it was obvious that this team would be way to good to not compete in the CL at least.

And I don't think it makes a lot of sense giving him credit for building the current side. From all the players Real brought in during his three years - who's left? Modric, Varane and Khedria? It's not as if he took over some scrubs and had to turn Ronaldo into a good player.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:24 pm

spot on zigra.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by nadinkrah Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:10 pm

of course not. It pains for me to admit this.. but this Madrid side is much more fluid and able to dominate teams with possession and counter attack.
nadinkrah
nadinkrah
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:16 pm

This season and going forward is totally Carlo team, they have been impressive but plenty of football left. I still think Atletico Madrid are a bad matchup for them, they already beat them, but obviously Real have improved but so has Atletico.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next