izzy
Robespierre
Gil
Valkyrja
farfan
27 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

so...is this still mourinho's madrid ? - Page 2 Empty Re: so...is this still mourinho's madrid ?

Post by Blue Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:16 pm

This season and going forward is totally Carlo team, they have been impressive but plenty of football left. I still think Atletico Madrid are a bad matchup for them, they already beat them, but obviously Real have improved but so has Atletico.

Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

so...is this still mourinho's madrid ? - Page 2 Empty Re: so...is this still mourinho's madrid ?

Post by Onyx Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:34 pm

Yeh, it's clear that the tactics are solely Ancelotti's. It's got nothing to do with Mourinho.

But Mourinho did take us to the CL semis and it gave the core group experience.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:31 pm

the team has always been carlo's team since he came. take nothing away from mourinho, he's a fantastic coach, and he helped build our grit, especially in clasicos, prior to him, the last few clasicos we lost it seemed our players were scared and too respectful, he also ended the nonsense of losing to garbage teams in copa del rey....but carlo's inception brought new things, we always talk about the shift from wing to central mid of di maria, mou would have never tried that, and his backing of his players in tough times- the rise of benzema especially. you cannot expect a player to die for you if you refer to him as a 'cat' when he suffers a slight dip in form...carlo's man management skills as well as his tactics were responsible for decima, NOT mourinho (btw mou is a great coach, i know how this forum gets, people see everything as black or white, if u praise someone over another, they immediately assume you are calling the other garbage, which is ridiculous)
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:42 pm

Then only thing that came with Ancelotti was the loss of tension in the dressing room. Naturally, they performed better after the season Mou left. Ancelotti himself is more or less Mou's equal and had no problem in coaching Madrid.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:11 pm

smfh the amount garbage just to give mou credit, if pelle took madrid to the semi's and still got fired, no one would give pelle credit, just like if rm won nothing with carlo, it would have all been his fault, then again you guys give mou credit for that too rofl
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:16 pm

chad4401 wrote:smfh the amount garbage just to give mou credit, if pelle took madrid to the semi's and still got fired, no one would give pelle credit, just like if rm won nothing with carlo, it would have all been his fault, then again you guys give mou credit for that too rofl

What doesn't help Pelle is how he's been struggling with Man City in comparison to Mou with Chelsea. The difference is quality between those two is obvious. Ancellotti's proved his worth since before he managed RM and I deem him right there around Mou's level easily. Whether he's below or above doesn't really matter much to me.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:58 pm

Lord Awesome wrote:Then only thing that came with Ancelotti was the loss of tension in the dressing room. Naturally, they performed better after the season Mou left. Ancelotti himself is more or less Mou's equal and had no problem in coaching Madrid.

loss of dressing room tension is the ONLY thing that came with ancelotti ? lol ok champ Laughing

i'm also noticing the logo of a former team coached by mourinho in that sig hmm a common trait of all those who insist that mourinho deserves credit for ancelotti's work Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:00 am

Lord Awesome wrote:
chad4401 wrote:smfh the amount garbage just to give mou credit, if pelle took madrid to the semi's and still got fired, no one would give pelle credit, just like if rm won nothing with carlo, it would have all been his fault, then again you guys give mou credit for that too rofl

What doesn't help Pelle is how he's been struggling with Man City in comparison to Mou with Chelsea. The difference is quality between those two is obvious. Ancellotti's proved his worth since before he managed RM and I deem him right there around Mou's level easily. Whether he's below or above doesn't really matter much to me.

Since when is winning one of the hardest leagues in the world in your first season struggling? If two months of below par football made a manager bad then I guess Mourinho, Van Gaal, and Ancelotti are all scrubs...
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:56 am

@LA the tactical differences between mou and carlo, is huge when you look at the playing style, anybody with eyes know mou madrid relied on talent and counters, nothing more, i remember plenty of game under mou being 5-0 up and still felt lucky to win Laughing

i hardly get worried with carlo cause the idea of what he is trying to achieve is clear and it reflects on the players, well most of them with a brain
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:04 am

I agree completely with those of you crediting Carlo. Ancelotti's Madrid is way ahead of what Mourinho's Madrid was in every way possible.

Whenever I think back at the RM team under Jose, I remember constant thuggery, tension, unattractive football, excuses and lack of professionalism. Sure, Pep's Barca at the time was a completely different beast, but that doesn't change anything about the Madrid of the recent past tbh.

Mourinho started off decently but i remember mostly ugly football, grinding out results and a total lack of respect for anyone else at the time. I would say it was mostly a forgettable time for Madrid fans and that era definitely stained the club's image and reputation quite a bit. It's no surprise that the players got fed up with it as well.

Ancelotti has made this team his own and its really showing. Ronaldo has a strong mentality, but I bet now he feels much less pressure to score goals and he's passing the ball and playing extremely well. I enjoy watching this Ronaldo play much much more than Ronaldo a few seasons ago and I think that is a good example and testament to Ancelotti's work.

Carlo has also utilized the recent purchases extremely well and has constructed a well-oiled machine, not to mention the fact that he has shown his faith in Casillas as well which is a much needed morale booster for a Madrid/Spain legend. I could go on but I think he has been fantastic and will continue to do very well and continue to win. Ancelotti is a winner, no doubt about that.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:10 pm

So much distaste for a man who has triumphed time and again anywhere he goes. If one only saw "thuggary & unattractive football" at RM during Mou era than that in itself shows who was watching and who was merely dissing. Is Mou's record of obtaining 100 points + 121 goals in favor of RM in a season not attractive enough? Suit yourselves. :coffee: If tactical differences are so huge than why do I see the same counter attacking Footy eminating from RM. I saw it vs Bayern and I saw it in the clashes between RM & Barca. Really guys? And yes I would say Pelle is struggling because it's already his 3rd season for Man City and they've yet to show that they've progressed in Europe. The guy is simply not apt to manage those sorts of teams. Come on, now.

Simply put guys, you guys aren't giving Caesar what belongs to Caesar.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:30 pm

Scoring goals doesn't automatically mean attractive football imo. We relied a lot on counter-attacks under Mourinho and got outplayed by plenty of La Liga midfields. Overall it's best to just judge the Clasico/Atletico performances and any big European games. It's not hard to rack up a 50 game winning streak against poor La Liga sides, only to lose the 1 big game that matters.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:33 pm

Winning games is the most important thing here

Obviously you have to find some balance, playing unwatchable football but winning trophies will still put people off but let's not pretend Madrid were playing a mix of prime stoke and west ham football

It was more than acceptable
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:39 pm

Attractive is subjective, btw. Mou's style is my favorite to watch whereas I can see the majority that have posted here harbor a different style.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:42 pm

If Mourinho actually won the CL, I doubt anyone would have cared how we played. We were just so desperate to win it. But he didn't and we didn't exactly play beautiful football either, which is the usual requirement.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:44 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:If Mourinho actually won the CL, I doubt anyone would have cared how we played. We were just so desperate to win it. But he didn't and we didn't exactly play beautiful football either, which is the usual requirement.

I beg to differ on that last part but that's for another thread.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:32 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Winning games is the most important thing here

Obviously you have to find some balance, playing unwatchable football but winning trophies will still put people off but let's not pretend Madrid were playing a mix of prime stoke and west ham football

It was more than acceptable

how about going 1-0 up 2 mins into a clasico at home, trying to defend for 90+ and still lost 3-1, mou system and mentally was rubbish, i remember plenty of big games, rm could've won if the team kept attacking, but go a goal up defend for your lives footy :bow:, people only act like its a master class when he wins, chelsea vs atli same stuff, carlo madrid without a doubt destroys mou's, how is this a debate? Laughing
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:45 pm

chad4401 wrote:
how about going 1-0 up 2 mins into a clasico at home, trying to defend for 90+ and still lost 3-1, mou system and mentally was rubbish, i remember plenty of big games, rm could've won if the team kept attacking, but go a goal up defend for your lives footy :bow:, people only act like its a master class when he wins, chelsea vs atli same stuff, carlo madrid without a doubt destroys mou's, how is this a debate? Laughing

Mou was match by a very similar Simione who also lost just the same way to Carlo. None mentioned here have looser mentalities. All of them are in a class of their own.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:04 pm

In 11-12 we played good football.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:59 pm

@LA im not saying mou didn't do any good, he is a elite manager and a winner, but i think mou bringing a winning mentality back to madrid is bs, just like cr needs to carry the team rofl

carlo has proven that you can just try to get the best out of almost all of your players(instead of pure counters), the team is stacked with serious talent(even in mou era) and carlo has given them enough confidence to step up, and play at a high level individually and as a team, mou had the whole team being cr assist machines, that wasting a lot of potential, which showed when the team met up against similar level opposition or when cr gets injured, that on mou not the players and bashing your players doesn't motivate them Laughing

Last edited by chad4401 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:37 am

the fact of the matter is, you cannot give credit/blame that belongs to someone to another. nobody asked if we could blame mourinho after he left inter and they fell off; and if we didn't win la decima last year, and lost in the copa final to barcelona, none of the people saying credit belongs to mourinho would blame him....instead, they'll use that as an opportunity to bash madrid, ancelotti, ofcourse iker .....mourinho is a great coach, you win some, you lose some. he is doing very well at chelsea so far, and carlo is doing well at madrid thus far. a lot of things changed with ancelotti's inception, the only credit to mou might be carlo probably learned from mou's mistakes on how to operate at madrid, the same way mou probably learned from pellegrini's mistakes.....and even that isn't a fact, cos the carlo we know now has always operated the same way at juve, milan psg; same way mou has been the same at porto, chelsea, inter. Two great coaches, but this has always been carlo's team and carlo's strategies - even on paper his use of the 4 3 3 last year was totally different from the 4 2 3 1 played two years ago
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:23 pm

Doc wrote:

So that foundation that is being talked about, Mourinho not only laid it but try to take a sledgehammer and smash it into nothingness.

It doesnt work like that with Mourinho. You have to take the good and the bad. He is viciously ambitious and wants all the credit which he deserves, to be given to him.

His semantics (the good and what you consider bad) are what brought you the Decima, his departure and the lack of a manger thereafter (cause let's face it, Ancelotti is more like a consultant and diplomat than a manager) is what gelled the players. Thousands would argue that it was pure luck that Madrid won the Decima, and they didnt deserve it, but i think sometimes, you have to believe that you can make your own luck.

This Madrid Team owes it all to Mourinho for building the team and owes it even more for his departure for winning what they were able to win.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:47 pm

huntsman wrote:
Doc wrote:

So that foundation that is being talked about, Mourinho not only laid it but try to take a sledgehammer and smash it into nothingness.

It doesnt work like that with Mourinho. You have to take the good and the bad. He is viciously ambitious and wants all the credit which he deserves, to be given to him.

His semantics (the good and what you consider bad) are what brought you the Decima, his departure and the lack of a manger thereafter (cause let's face it, Ancelotti is more like a consultant and diplomat than a manager) is what gelled the players. Thousands would argue that it was pure luck that Madrid won the Decima, and they didnt deserve it, but i think sometimes, you have to believe that you can make your own luck.

This Madrid Team owes it all to Mourinho for building the team and owes it even more for his departure for winning what they were able to win.

someone just went full mourintard Laughing

you disgusting pos :facepalm:
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:56 pm

Ancelotti would have been sacked if not for Ramos lol. The man finished 3rd behind Atleti and Tata ffs. Only in Madrid can your team score over 120 goals yet be accused of playing boring football. If attractive football isnt scoring goals then what the *bleep* is?

Btw͵ both games against Bayern weren't counterattacking football? You didnt sit deep in your own half with two banks of four and rely on set pieces & counters?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:10 pm

Gil you are an intelligent one you really ought to do better at times... If Costa doesnt score the goals he he is scoring right now you are not 1st and mou gets the sack? Come on now. There is no ifs in football
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:26 pm

Gil wrote:. The man finished 3rd behind Atleti and Tata ffs.

mourinho finished 15 points behind roura and trophyless  .

...........but he gets credit for a champions league win the year after ?

shtaap it bru . Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next