The Franchise
McAgger
Blue Barrett
Freeza
Great Leader Sprucenuce
19 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:38 am

Funny how the first game with Dunleavy back they are winning comfortably lol.

I agree their defence has been a joke though and I can't put my finger on what it is, people keep mentioning Gasol but it's not just that.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by izzy Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:44 am

I think Bballbreakdown has a video on why their interior defense is so bad right now.

It is the Kings....... but if they were going up against a competent offense, they'd be losing right now imo.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:49 am

I don't think it's that simple to say it's the Kings, most of their losses have come against sub 500 teams.

They have no problem with good teams lol. They have beaten Dallas, Memphis, Golden State, Portland, Houston and San Antonio.

Their defence has been bad and continues to be bad, but they have been a good team when they entire 5 is out there (13-3) it's not as simple as "it's Sacremento".
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:07 am

How many of those wins were high-scoring games though?

Where they literally have to score every time down the floor because they know they can't get stops? They can't grind out wins anymore it seems.

They can't keep you in the 80-95 point range if they want to win the game.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:15 am

I dont get what is wrong with their defence either.

Rose is really bad off the ball, but it shouldnt result in such collapses..especially since the point guard is not off the ball that much to expose Rose anyway.

Pau is really bad moving his feet on the perimeter and doesnt contest shots, so when he is out there with Noah it forces Noah away from the rim and I think this is hurting them a bit.

But I mean, I havent checked the numbers and I dont know if they are significantly different on defence when Gibson is in for one of them.

I guess this isnt a tactical issue, there is something more to it.

On another subject, I hope the Suns dont get 8th seed. Would be an easy win for GSW or whoever ends up first.

They dont play any defence at all.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:51 am

izzy wrote:How many of those wins were high-scoring games though?

Where they literally have to score every time down the floor because they know they can't get stops? They can't grind out wins anymore it seems.

They can't keep you in the 80-95 point range if they want to win the game.

I already said they are bad defensively tbf, just that when the entire starting 5 is there they are still a good team regardless of it.

Dani on Rose I genuinely think he's coasting on D, when a high profile PG comes to town he switches it on. For example against Golden State his D against Curry was probably about as good as anyones.

Either that or his knees only allow him to pick and choose moments.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:31 pm

Im with you 100%

I saw him defending Harden for 2 possessions the other day, he totally stopped him getting into the lane and contested his jumper into a miss. He can play awesome defence but he takes plays off all the time.

And actually there is no excuse for it. Its one thing to take plays off when your the only offensive weapon and you have to choose your moments...but the Bulls have enough weapons he should be playing consistent defence.

Unless as you say his knees, but I just dont think its that.

That being said, he isnt the only problem. They have had great defence with Nate Robinson, DJ Augustin and other weak defensive point guards in the past.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:20 pm

I agree 100% especially on there being no excuse, he frustrates me greatly tbh. I see him play great D on occasions and I'm like why don’t we see this more often.

Above all else though it frustrates me how little he drives, it's not like he can't do it anymore as he shows in spurts when he decides he still gets where he wants but for some reason he just stands on the perimeter and jacks shots.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:10 pm

rofl

Charles :bow:
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:46 pm

LOL @ the Jennings comment.. When did LeBron ever run? He gave the Cavs 7 years and they couldn't build a good enough team around him so he left, and then left Miami to come back home.. The Cavs were the worst team in the league, they were still a messed up franchise and there was no guarantee it would work out but he took that chance.. I don't see how that is considered running

And of course here we go again with the Magic/Bird/MJ/Kobe bs, comparing him to players who all had hall of fame caliber team-mates and/or coaches early on in their careers.. Kobe only played with scrubs for like what 3-4 years before wanting out? It's a lot easier to attract players to come to LA rather than Cleveland.. If Phil and Pau weren't brought in he would of left, it was pretty clear

But yeah he doesn't make his team-mates better, he just leaves and they become the worst team in the NBA in the 4 years that he is gone.. But yeah, he didn't make them better rofl
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:53 pm

That argument doesn't make sense. He would've only made them better, if he was replaced by a similar player and at the same level of play and they still became horrible. Of course a team is gonna be worse with worse talent.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:54 pm

Did he make Bosh and Wade better? No ok then.

Because that's the argument, he makes all star level players very limited because of how ball dominant he is.

No one denied he makes the shitty players better so chill.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:00 am

LeSwagg James wrote:. The Cavs were the worst team in the league, they were still a messed up franchise and there was no guarantee it would work out but he took that chance.. I don't see how that is considered running

Yeah he just took a chance Laughing He went back to the Cavs blind folded.

You know damn well that he went back under the notion that Love would sign and Kyrie would be there, don't act like he went home out of the goodness of his heart. He went back because it was a much better situation with more reliable talent.

So yeah he clearly ran, if Wade wasn't a cripple he wouldn't have left and if the Spurs didn't thrash him he wouldn't have left.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:00 am

Freeza wrote:That argument doesn't make sense. He would've only made them better, if  he was replaced by a similar player and at the same level of play and they still became horrible. Of course a team is gonna be worse with worse talent.

Going from the best team in the league to the worst (regular season) means he made them better.. You can't win 60+ games and make deep runs in the playoffs all alone

Their big drop off shows that they're scrubs

Last edited by LeSwagg James on Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:03 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Did he make Bosh and Wade better? No ok then.

Because that's the argument, he makes all star level players very limited because of how ball dominant he is.

He's made Kyrie a better player for one.. I don't see the big deal of making all-stars better though, what does that prove? Since when do people get praised for making great people greater? It's lifting 'lesser' people that means something
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:03 am

No it shows that Wade and Bosh have missed multiple games, that's what it shows.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:09 am

LeSwagg James wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Did he make Bosh and Wade better? No ok then.

He's made Kyrie a better player for one.. I don't see the big deal of making all-stars better though, what does that prove? Since when do people get praised for making great people greater? It's lifting 'lesser' people that means something

Eh? The argument is he makes players better and the actual fact of it he makes scrubs better and restricts the talents of all nba standard players.

You can't just just say he improves players and completely ignore the players he doesn't improve because it suits your agenda.

Let's put it like this, Kobe did more with Pau than Lebron ever did with Wade and Bosh in terms of improving them and letting their natural game flourish.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:17 am

Oh and I don't know why making scrubs better is suddenly a big deal.

Every top 20 player ever made scrubs better, Kobe did I mean look at the scrubs he carried to championships. Basically every all time great you want to name carried scrubs to chips.

Even players like Barkley who didn't win basically because of Jordan carried scrubs to heights they never should of reached.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:53 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:No it shows that Wade and Bosh have missed multiple games, that's what it shows.

I was talking about the Cavs, the Heat are too banged up to make a proper assessment..

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
LeSwagg James wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Did he make Bosh and Wade better?  No ok then.

Eh? The argument is he makes players better and the actual fact of it he makes scrubs better and restricts the talents of all nba standard players.

You can't just just say he improves players and completely ignore the players he doesn't improve because it suits your agenda.

Let's put it like this, Kobe did more with Pau than Lebron ever did with Wade and Bosh in terms of improving them and letting their natural game flourish.

I don't get how he makes all-star players limited? Bosh and Love are 'limited' because they're the third wheel, not because of LeBron.. You can't have 3 guys all sharing the load equally, at least I can't think of a team that has.. One guy takes a small step back, and another takes a big step back, that's just the way it is.. If you consider Wade limited, it was because of his injuries

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Oh and I don't know why making scrubs better is suddenly a big deal.

Every top 20 player ever made scrubs better, Kobe did I mean look at the scrubs he carried to championships. Basically every all time great you want to name carried scrubs to chips.

Even players like Barkley who didn't win basically because of Jordan carried scrubs to heights they never should of reached.

When did Kobe carry scrubs to Championships? I'm talking about 1 star and a bunch of scrubs.. For 7 years the Cavs were a relevant team, because LeBron made them all better..

Look at Melo, he doesn't make his team-mates better.. LeBron would make the playoffs with that team that started the season for sure
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:50 am

The Rockets shot 45 3's last night against the Clippers.

Ridiculous.
Exactly why they'll be bounced out the first round of the playoffs with crap like that.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:17 pm

They'll be bounced out because only Harden can create his own shot and then Harden will be blamed for it.

Parsons ability to facilitate and create his own will be missed come playoff time, hell even Lin to some degree.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:48 pm

izzy wrote:The Rockets shot 45 3's last night against the Clippers.

Ridiculous.
Exactly why they'll be bounced out the first round of the playoffs with crap like that.

That and the refs not buying Hardens ref baits anymore.

Harden out here trying to win Oscars not titles Laughing
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:55 pm

izzy wrote:

rofl

Charles :bow:

Laughing
The analytics rant being debated was all I heard on the radio today. All day.

at about 7:20 it starts

Analytics certainly has a place in the game but it's importance is way overstated. Talents above all so I generally agree with Chuck here.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:00 pm

Charles is the funniest guy in the business ffs Laughing

Cried with laughter at some points rofl
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:05 pm

Raptors sweep the Wizards who everyone hear claimed to be a better team at the beginning of the season Proud

haters gonna hate
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:12 pm

I don't think Inside the NBA would be half as watchable without Chuck ffs Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next