The Franchise
McAgger
Blue Barrett
Freeza
Great Leader Sprucenuce
19 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by izzy Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:23 pm

Sensitive dudes man.

We can laugh and joke about all the other players and conveniently mention when they come up short (even if it's menial) but when it comes to Kobe......

Laughing Ok.

izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:28 pm

Abramovich wrote:Who's the best dribbler in the league then?

Kyrie? Rose? Paul?

Kyrie hands down
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:34 pm

Curry's handles are unbelievably underrated imo.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:45 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Curry's handles are unbelievably underrated imo.

He's definitely near the top..

Kyrie might have the best handles I've ever seen tbh..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:53 pm

Best I've seen are prob Jamal Crawford, Penny Hardaway, Rafer Alston and Allen Iverson. All GOAT handles.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:56 pm

Just came here to salute my main man Kobe.
Passed MJ, third all time scorer in the NBA Molenation

Back to losing now Lakers. Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:00 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:

He definitely has the best in the league but best ever? I can't go here but that does depend on who you have seen I suppose.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:09 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
LeSwagg James wrote:

He definitely has the best in the league but best ever?  I can't go here but that does depend on who you have seen I suppose.

Been watching since like 1994-1995 but of course watching as a kid isn't the same as now.. He stands out the most for me though

AI and Crawford are amazing also..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:21 pm

Russell Westbrook has been the best player this year when healthy. Could very well become MVP is Thunder finish in top 3 in the West while continuing to play better than Durant. Hope he continues this way, amazing so far this season.

Leading the league in PER as a PG is insane. Jordan-like effort on both ends.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:27 pm

The only reason I didn't mention him before alongside Curry, Harden and Gasol was because of his injuries. If he keeps this up then it would definitely be hard to ignore him.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:29 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Let's not act like he's the only one lol, Lebron doesn't have many Bird/Magic/Jordan moments either and I could name countless other current players.

Also the haterade is real in that article lol, the pass to Shaq against Portland doesn't count? Really?  That's like saying when Chris Paul throws an oop to Griffin/Jordan that he had nothing to do with it lol.

Brons got 5+ years left. And like Izzy said, GW against Magic, Dunks on KG Damon Jones, Terry, Full court alley oop to DWade in their first year.

Okay so who's signature moment was that then? Was it Shaqs moment or Kobe's.

And Freeza if you read, or listened, you wouldn't have to create strawman arguments. No one said it took anything away from his career. Not Cowherd, not I.

but Kobes gotta have the most overly defensive fans in history Laughing
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:34 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:
Been watching since like 1994-1995 but of course watching as a kid isn't the same as now.. He stands out the most for me though

Jesus christ

J-Will, AI, Magic too >
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:03 pm

Don't see how I was being sensitive, for starters I'm not even a Kobe fan lol.

Furthermore I wasn't aiming that post at anyone, just expressing my complete and utter bemusement at how it seems like during every part of Kobe's career people have found a way to discredit him.

As for the article itself I even said he was probably right, my only problem with it was how it seemed like he took all credit from the oop to Shaq like no matter what it would have happened anyway "coz Shaq".

I questioned how many players have had these iconic moments and it's a very short list, I mentioned Lebron as a comparison from current players and I really can't think of anything.

You say he's got like 5 years left but so what? He's had enough time to amount these moments, hell Ray Allen's 3 was the biggest moment of his time in Miami.

At the end of the day I don't think it effects Kobe's legacy or would it anyone else, he's not wrong I just don't think it matters or means all that much.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:35 pm

Freeza wrote:
LeSwagg James wrote:This iconic plays talk is nonsense Laughing

People are getting more and more creative in creating BS reasons to discredit Kobe.

This is so true. Man can't break a record without an article popping up discrediting him.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:40 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Don't see how I was being sensitive, for starters I'm not even a Kobe fan lol.

Furthermore I wasn't aiming that post at anyone, just expressing my complete and utter bemusement at how it seems like during every part of Kobe's career people have found a way to discredit him.

As for the article itself I even said he was probably right, my only problem with it was how it seemed like he took all credit from the oop to Shaq like no matter what it would have happened anyway "coz Shaq".

I questioned how many players have had these iconic moments and it's a very short list, I mentioned Lebron as a comparison from current players and I really can't think of anything.

You say he's got like 5 years left but so what? He's had enough time to amount these moments, hell Ray Allen's 3 was the biggest moment of his time in Miami.

At the end of the day I don't think it effects Kobe's legacy or would it anyone else, he's not wrong I just don't think it matters or means all that much.

Wasn't referring to anyone directly except Freeza who may qualify

and it was just an observation meant to stir up debate(which of course it did) since when great players retire you tend to think of their iconic plays first. Karl Malone also has minimal, still one of the greatest PFs ever

Reggie Miller on the other hand went retarded on the Dan Patrick show, said "MJ is 10 times better than Kobe Bryant" :facepalm:
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:43 pm

But seriously, It's hard enough being a Lakers fan these past few season. They could atleast talk about how we have the worst roster in the entire league, or how our 2nd best player is Nick freaking Young (love you bruh, if you're reading this. But taking shots at Kobe's scoring records doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Also since when is highlights an indication of greatness? LeBron doesn't really have any career defining highlights. He needed Ray Allen's magic highlight to win the second ring. Does that make his less great? Hell no, he's the consistently best player I've probably ever seen in my life. Him and Kobe carrying utter scrubs in quite a few seasons is better indication of greatness than any highlight from any game.

@Dmize... Those Reggie Miller comments Laughing Only promoting MJ to make himself look better for not winning tbh.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:47 pm

Freeza wrote:Also since when is highlights an indication of greatness?

Who is saying this ?

81 points in a game is just as great or better than most every HOFers best moments
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:53 pm

dmize wrote:
Freeza wrote:Also since when is highlights an indication of greatness?

Who is saying this ?

81 points in a game is just as great or better than most every HOFers best moments

That guy from the link you posted. Talking about things like Kobe hasn't had any memorable plays in his entire career. It just seems like he's trying to make Kobe seem less great than he is.

Speaking as a Baketball fan who has watched since what, 07 I think, since it started airing on Danish television. I can't really recall any moments from Magic or Bird. But Jordan I can recall bunch of. Kobe also, his circus jumpers against Phoenix etc. are very memorable imo. And the 81 point game is one of the greatest feats ever.

Kobe obviously not anywhere close to the greatest ever. He's in top 15-20 probably (haven't got enough watching to make GOAT lists).
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:58 pm

You don't need to have watched Bird live to know he had a lot of moments tbf.

That steal against Detroit in particular.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:01 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:You don't need to have watched Bird live to know he had a lot of moments tbf.

That steal against Detroit in particular.

Well I can look it up. But I don't have it imprinted on my mind, like he might suggest.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:01 am

Also Dmize my bad, I agree with that. On Reggie I tend to agree with Freeza, think he's inflating MJs already ridiculous greatness to inflate his own legacy.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:24 am

Ok I think it's about time I ask this question.

Is it time we take the Hawks seriously? At least as it attains to the East anyway.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:30 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Ok I think it's about time I ask this question.

Is it time we take the Hawks seriously? At least as it attains to the East anyway.

We did last year I think, until Horford destroyed his tit in a freak accident. Not much of a surprise they're this good. Korver Proud
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:35 am

dmize wrote:
LeSwagg James wrote:

Jesus christ

J-Will, AI, Magic too >

Great crossover.. J-Will was a boss but I still put Kyrie ahead :coffee:

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:36 am

Horford is a very underrated player in this league. Can be regular All Star in that weak east all day long. I think he can be a great 3rd guy to a legit contender. Maybe even a # 2 if he improves the right facets of his game and wasn't so injury prone.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:36 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Ok I think it's about time I ask this question.

ECF semi finals is their ceiling
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next