Manchester United 2014/2015 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup)

+16
McAgger
futbol
Katy Perry
jibers
Dutti
Zero
Helmer
Great Leader Sprucenuce
M99
Hapless_Hans
izzy
B-Mac
halamadrid2
RED
Glory
Busby Babe
20 posters

Page 28 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

Manchester United 2014/2015 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup) - Page 28 Empty Re: Manchester United 2014/2015 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup)

Post by B-Mac Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:44 am

don't want to jinx it or be over confident, but I believe we will win comfortably...first time I have thought that in about about 3-4 years

B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Manchester United 2014/2015 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup) - Page 28 Empty Re: Manchester United 2014/2015 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup)

Post by Glory Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:30 am

B-Mac wrote:don't want to jinx it or be over confident, but I believe we will win comfortably...first time I have thought that in about about 3-4 years

Thats not my intention either. Its a good thing that you mentioned it. Thumbs up Just in case. Smile

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:35 am

jibers wrote:
Lumiere_Blanche wrote:Derby week ahead.
Man effing City ! Twisted Evil Bring it on!!

For the 1st time since 2 or 3 of years may be we are going into this match feeling confident. Cant take a lose . A draw wont be a bad result.

The exact same team that is performing top stuff. Just the Play same one ol' man. Dont even think of making a change. Di maria on the bench, smalling returning in place of rojo, and van persie if fit on the bench as well.

Restore that balance United !! Silence them noisy ones. bounce

We should try and dominate them. Ever since 2012 we started acting like the smaller side and sitting back. I want us to dominate the ball, we have the tactics to do it now. Hopefully we out play them.

Dont know but those smugs will be extra motivated when playing against us. Should get an early goal so that we can frustrate them by keeping the ball.
Hope Fellaini can run riot at their joke of a defense.

Then again having said all that, dont wan to make the same mistake pool fans made of going overconfident. Shit can happen. So keeping the feet thoroughly on the ground and taking whatever be it that come our way come Sunday. Smile

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:34 pm

Going with same limeup. And City meanwhile have gone to 4-2-3-1. silent We could have bossed that midfield if it was a 4-4-2 instead.
Hmm.. anyway. Fingers crossed. Heart pounding heavily. Please get us a win today. bounce

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:56 pm

Good game so far. Winning the ball high up but final ball could be better. Fellaini should also try to stop straying offside all the time

Want DiMaria to get in there but that would be unfair to Young who is having a great game so far. That trio of Blind, Young and Fellaini are terrorizing Clichy.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:55 pm

Proud

Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:17 pm

Apart from the first 10 mins and maybe the last 5, we were absolutely brilliant. BRILLIANT!

I am buzzing. I just don't know what to say.

Hopefully Carrick is not injured. Mata and Fellaini were brilliant...but..

YOUNG! What a player he's become for us. Just magnificant.

Long may it continue.

Have a great day/evening/night depending where you are in the world, reds!

Battered the noisy neighbours Cool
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:25 pm

Valencia was impressive as well. Some of the defensive work he did was really top stuff. Hope he will prove me wrong like this again and again. Proud

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:32 pm

Manchester United 2014/2015 Premier League Season (+ CC & FA Cup) - Page 28 Apgy91

Cool cheers Twisted Evil

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:12 am

Valencia was shocking on the first goal tho lol works hard tracks back to get into position then just let's silva waltz by Laughing i was raging at him at that point

but what a turn around...ffs TITLE CHALLENGE IS ON!
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:48 am

Valencia was so full of energy. He could run at his top speed even towards the closing of the game. He's prolly the fittest player we have.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:34 am

Valencia still makes mistakes alright. But the thing is he is improving fast as well in that position. That particular instant where he was the last player when aguero broke through, stayed on his feet and went with Aguero all the way to eliminate the threat was especially pleasing. Acted like a real defender. Proud
Good to see him improving that way. Cutting out mistakes more and more would be just amazing from now on as he has tremendous athleticism and can cover virtually any distance in short time. Hope it will carry on like this.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:08 am

Chris Smalling now has the same amount of PL goals as Danny Welbeck this season (and 4 times as many as Balotelli).

rofl
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Muppet Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:25 pm

Anyone else think it's game on if we beat Chelsea Saturday? They look to be severely lacking in confidence ATM. Would put some proper pressure on them if nothing else.
Muppet
Muppet
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:05 pm

Even if we somehow win it, Arsenal have more (outside)chance to win the league than us. Our fixture list is tricky till the very last.
Also I would pick Chelsea if you ask me whom will I prefer to win the league. They deserve it this year. Ars winning from here on will be difficult to take.

Having said that Hope we will take points. For me personally though at this stage of the season, with our fate more or less sealed (CL footy), I prefer performance over results. I want us to take the game to them. Express ourselves. Even if lose I will be happy if keep on doing the good work we have been doing lately. The graph should point upwards in terms of performance. Thats the important thing.

As for the match itself, that prick Mou would surely make Chelsea play boring football with rigid tactics. Wont give us space like City did or pool did. Therefore can see them sadly nicking a goal or 2 and in turn absorbing all our attacks and winning the game in the end.
Yes we can beat them but it would be hard. Mou havent lost at Bridge in the PL so far I think. silent Will take a draw with a fantastic performance accompanying it hence.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Muppet Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:20 pm

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:Even if we somehow win it, Arsenal have more (outside)chance to win the league than us. Our fixture list is tricky till the very last.
Also I would pick Chelsea if you ask me whom will I prefer to win the league. They deserve it this year. Ars winning from here on will be difficult to take.

Having said that Hope we will take points. For me personally though at this stage of the season, with our fate more or less sealed (CL footy), I prefer performance over results. I want us to take the game to them. Express ourselves. Even if lose I will be happy if keep on doing the good work we have been doing lately. The graph should point upwards in terms of performance. Thats the important thing.

As for the match itself, that prick Mou would surely make Chelsea play boring football with rigid tactics. Wont give us space like City did or pool did. Therefore can see them sadly nicking a goal or 2 and in turn absorbing all our attacks and winning the game in the end.

I would much rather a proper club like Arsenal win the league but that's just me. Chelsea are impossible to respect at every level of the club.

And I think you overestimate them. Recently we've been dominating whilst they've been riding their luck. And Mourinho's bus seems to have a flat tire. They're never keeping us out this weekend. Will be some match but our record against the top 5 this season speaks for itself.

And while I agree that Arsenal have the fixtures they still have to play us at Old Trafford. So we're still very much favorites I think when you consider our record against them.

It's still not likely of course. But Chelsea's form has to catch up with them at some point. They've been flat out lucky the past month or two. Mourinho was sheepish in shaking Ramsey's hand at the weekend. He knew they deserved nothing from that match.
Muppet
Muppet
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:07 am

Still playing at the Bridge, they will raise their game against us like they do normally.
Mourinho always knows how to set his team up for these type of matches. To take wind out of the sails of teams that are coasting.

Pardon me for being so pessimistic but I genuinely think form wont count much in a match like this. Had it been at OT it would have been a different story altogether but at Bridge cheslea always does well under Mou.

------------------------------

Btw Welcome to the forum Muppet Thumbs up

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:47 am

If we win, though, it will tremendously help the team's mentality for the remaining games. And, if we keep the momentum going, we should be set for a great pre-season.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:13 pm

mou will play 2 DMs in matic and zouma and shift fabregas to AM benching Oscar

So basically it could be down to

Fellaini vs Zouma & Ivanovic
Herrera vs Matic
Young vs Ivanovic
Mata vs Azpi
Rooney vs Terry/ Cahill
Carrick & smalling vs Fabregas
Valencia, Mata & Herrera vs Hazard ( lol )
Blind  & Young vs Willain
Smalling/Jones vs Remy

If we can win the key battles in the midfield and Carrick can keep fabregas silent. Last time when we played fellaini did that even though both of them played deeper that time if I remember correctly. If fabregas plays in the mf then fellaini will be designated to do that surely.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:30 pm

Nevermind the above post

we are fracked ! ... :facepalm:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:38 pm

ddg
valencia-smalling-mcnair-shaw
herrera
mata-adm-fellaini-young
rooney

Against the idea of playing rooney in midfield. But we all know thats exactly what is going to happen. Sad

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:31 pm

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:Nevermind the above post

FFS.

Really not too confident now of a win, even with the team we had in our good run of form it would have been difficult. A draw would be superb.

No dm so I'm thinking LVG will opt for the 3-5-2/5-3-2 or whatever system it is to ensure we give that fragile defence protection. Could see Rooney back in mf Sad and the dreaded pairing of RVP and Falcao could make a return.

This match has the makings of a very dull 0-0 draw where both managers would happily settle for a point each.

Big blow but whatever happens, we've got a 4 point cushion over City, so we'll hopefully have everyone back available for the Everton game.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Muppet Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:35 pm

Rooney back in CM. I hate everything.
Muppet
Muppet
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:40 pm

RED wrote:

FFS.

Really not too confident now of a win, even with the team we had in our good run of form it would have been difficult. A draw would be superb.

No dm so I'm thinking LVG will opt for the 3-5-2/5-3-2 or whatever system it is to ensure we give that fragile defence protection. Could see Rooney back in mf Sad and the dreaded pairing of RVP and Falcao could make a return.

This match has the makings of a very dull 0-0 draw where both managers would happily settle for a point each.

Big blow but whatever happens, we've got a 4 point cushion over City, so we'll hopefully have everyone back available for the Everton game.

That is what I fear and despise the most. If that happens, well.. it would be the worst. Can take a loss playing a 4-3-3 and playing positively. Frigging play Timothy Fosou Mensah as a DM but please dont revert back to 3-5-2 now. After all the good work of late, taking 5 steps backwards and going to that dinosaur shit formation would basically undo all the progress we have made. Will have to start from scratch in terms of the team dynamics which was building if we do that.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Muppet Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:49 pm

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:

That is what I fear and despise the most. If that happens, well.. it would be the worst. Can take a loss playing a 4-3-3 and playing positively. Frigging play Timothy Fosou Mensah as a DM but please dont revert back to 3-5-2 now. After all the good work of late, taking 5 steps backwards and going to that dinosaur shit formation would basically undo all the progress we have made. Will have to start from scratch in terms of the team dynamics which was building if we do that.

This is what I'd like to see...

DDG
Rafa McNair Smalling Shaw
Rooney
Val Herrera Mata Young
Fella

Looks boring I know but we can't have AdM giving the ball away for Hazard to break on us down our right. And Fellaini is more capable of holding the ball up and bringing others into play than Falcao is, sadly.
Muppet
Muppet
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:55 pm

Muppet wrote:
Lumiere_Blanche wrote:

This is what I'd like to see...

DDG
Rafa McNair Smalling Shaw
Rooney
Val Herrera Mata Young
Fella

Looks boring I know but we can't have AdM giving the ball away for Hazard to break on us down our right. And Fellaini is more capable of holding the ball up and bringing others into play than Falcao is, sadly.

yea thats a good enough formation. But then again dont trust valencia in an attacking role anymore. He is best at being a back up full back or a wing back right now. As a winger/inside forward we want someone better.

I say the more changes we make in that successful formation going into a match like this the harder will it be for us. Make changes only where we have no other option but to. Mcnair for Jones. Shaw for Blind. And that DM slot which I am not exactly sure how we should go about. Rooney for carrick would be the most likely one. But I hate it. The rest of the positions and the players just keep them the same except for Rvp or falcao or even Wilson upfront.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next