MJ
Raptorgunner
Sina
Chumlum
RealGunner
42 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Chumlum Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:18 pm

The recent exploits of Paulo Dybala & Felipe Anderson have me jonesing for some Serie A attacking acquisitions.

Haven't felt this way since SES was on that really great streak a couple years ago. Proud

Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sina Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:36 pm

Arsenal 15-16 :coffee:

Spoiler:

==============
any chance Dzeko would become available if City buy Bony? hmm
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:07 pm

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/dybala-scores-2-goals-then-drops-another-arsenal-hint

:fishing:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:05 pm

Jeremy Wilson:Arsene Wenger ready to fight with Spurs over Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11329142/Arsenal-transfer-news-Arsene-Wenger-ready-to-fight-with-Spurs-over-Southampton-midfielder-Morgan-Schneiderlin.html

https://2img.net/u/3313/22/97/24/smiles/2577385338.gif
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:49 pm

Jeremy Wilson ‏@JWTelegraph

Sense on Loic Perrin is that Arsenal looked closely but have moved on for now #AFC
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:30 am

Sina wrote:Jeremy Wilson ‏@JWTelegraph

Sense on Loic Perrin is that Arsenal looked closely but have moved on for now #AFC

Harmonica wrote:whoscored Ballon d'Or 2014 http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/mrppvmrsl0ymemdxiyk9-w/Show/Player-Focus-The-Ballon-dWhoScored-2014

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 11 2014%2f10%2fBallon-WhoScored14

you don't need to look more closely than this tbh. Best CB in the world 2014
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:08 am

I don't want to jinx it but I remember Squillaci being the most highly-rated French defender in the world on a football stats site like that right before we signed him :coffee:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:13 am

I suspect the truth of Loic Perrin is that the guy is a good player, bolstered by experience (he's at the end of his twenties, a good peak time for defenders), having been at his club forever, who's performing well and is a key player on his team. No need to denigrate him or call him a scrub; no need to hype him up beyond all reason and call him the best CB in the world on the basis of a few Whoscored stats over the course of a year.

Speaking hypothetically, I can't seem him as a game-changing acquisition. The question is whether he'd bolster the squad better than other available options, or not. From all the reports & quotes we've seen, my guess is that he's on the shortlist of January options but that he's maybe third or fourth choice ...

Suspect

Also some reports of Boca Juniors striker Jonathan Calleri. http://metro.co.uk/2015/01/06/arsenal-expect-to-seal-transfer-deal-for-boca-juniors-ace-jonathan-calleri-5011043/

And if Real Sociedad happen to get Joel Campbell (loan?), I can only hope that Moyes, in his infinite wisdom, also moves for Arteta in the summer. It would be a chance for our excellent captain to make a graceful exit, and spend a few years playing in his home country. Just my armchair opinion.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:12 am

Eman wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
Eman wrote:

Okay yeah but everybody knew that he was a panic loan because we lacked numbers. He was never a signing that we wanted to make. We just needed someone.

right. If you need someone, sign a waste of space, the signings you want are the ones you don't need hmm

It was a 4 month loan on deadline day when we had no time to do any negotiating. I don't think that Arsene wanted a permanent CM signing because anyone decent would have cost more money than he wanted to spend and you can't get a decent CM on loan at the last second from anywhere.

I honestly don't give a shite about Kim Kallstrom but the failure of his signing was blown too far out of proportion when it was completely obvious that he was only supposed to be a short-term option and his injury was unpredictable.

He was already injured when you signed him and when he had his medical, not sure if 'unpredictable' is the right word hmm
And if 'any decent CM cost more money than Arsene was willing to spend' I guess that proves my point hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:40 pm

You gotta love the silly season.

We are preparing 'an incredible £64m move for Real Madrid star Isco in the hope of beating off competition from Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester City' acc to Daily star.

Alos, because Szcz had a smoke, we are targetting Lloris to replace him.

I don't even..............

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:42 pm

Daily Star also linking us with Mandzukic because Atleti signed Torres. 20m quid.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:13 pm

srigooner wrote:Daily Star also linking us with Mandzukic because Atleti signed Torres. 20m quid.

Spoiler:

Le Parisien linking us with Portuguese LB/LW Raphael Guerreiro of Lorient.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:50 am

According to L’Équipe, Arsenal have moved away from previous central defensive target St Étienne captain Loïc Perrin and are now looking to sign Gabriel Paulista from Villarreal.

The problem with such a player is he is not a Brazilian international and would therefore unlikely be eligible for a work permit.
http://t.co/zVurdvtQKD
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:00 pm

Krystian Bielik: “I’ve made a decision [to join Arsenal] and I’m not going to change it,” he said. “I am looking forward to an agreement between the heads of the clubs. I realise that the negotiations may take some time. I am, however, confident it will happen soon.”

His agent says clubs are in negotiations to seal move. He turned 17 a few days ago.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/08/arsenal-krystian-bielik-legia-warsaw
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:18 pm

Meh.. One for the future anyway.. No big deal if it drags on.. Maybe we just have to offer 1 pound more..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:28 pm

still spent no money.

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 11 B6wzgpyIQAEoCyY
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:57 pm

when will you Premier League fans stop it with this obsession about spending, buying, transfers. Embarrassing.

Wenger said publicly you are "a bit short" in defense and DM, so he will go and get a player or maybe even 2 for that.
He didn't say your short somewhere else, so why get someone else in midseason.
How much clearer do you want it to be?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:10 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:when will you Premier League fans stop it with this obsession about spending, buying, transfers. Embarrassing.

Wenger said publicly you are "a bit short" in defense and DM, so he will go and get a player or maybe even 2 for that.

Wenger said that? so he is not as clueless as I thought. Did he say this in summer window or recently?

In Wenger I trust. :bow:

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:24 pm

Don't even bother Hans

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:27 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:when will you Premier League fans stop it with this obsession about spending, buying, transfers. Embarrassing.

Because what Wenger says is always right? If he says we need two players that doesn't mean he's correct, our squad obviously needs more but he's deluded to think we are alright.

Besides he never said we were short on DM, only CB and that's because we have two natural CB's in our squad LOL.

The funny thing, or rather unfunny for Arsenal fans is that Wenger had almost half a year to identify his targets, speak with players, speak with clubs and be ready for the January transfer window yet he remains incompetent as usual. But we already knew that.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:28 pm

Yes I remember he said that as I was surprised.
AFAIK Wenger never said something like that, and the fact he said it publicly means he's unambiguously looking to sign a defender.
Also I have the feeling that the coin has dropped on Flamini too for Wenger hmm

He IS a man of his word tbf.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:32 pm

It'a amazing. We all seem to know exactly what Wenger is doing and when. Clearly he's been warming his skinny arse all these years and has no *bleep* clue what he's doing. In fact, that's how he's managed to delude everyone into letting him hang on to his job in the top flight of English football for over a decade, in an era where managers get fired for farting out loud.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:34 pm

Also, we are all excellent insiders when it comes to knowing anything to do with the club - be it training methods, injury issues, tactics, man management, transfers, ... - take your pick. We are all experts at everything from running multibillion dollar enterprises to managing player egos to deciding the right tactics. In fact, we know more than the likes of Sacchi and Cryuff. Wenger is clearly a jackass and needs to go, by our judgment.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:36 pm

srigooner wrote:It'a amazing. We all seem to know exactly what Wenger is doing and when. Clearly he's been warming his skinny arse all these years and has no *bleep* clue what he's doing. In fact, that's how he's managed to delude everyone into letting him hang on to his job in the top flight of English football for over a decade, in an era where managers get fired for farting out loud.

Managers get fired everywhere but Arsenal. That's not down to his success but because our club is happy with finishing 4th every year.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:48 pm

srigooner wrote:Also, we are all excellent insiders when it comes to knowing anything to do with the club - be it training methods, injury issues, tactics, man management, transfers, ... - take your pick. We are all experts at everything from running multibillion dollar enterprises to managing player egos to deciding the right tactics. In fact, we know more than the likes of Sacchi and Cryuff. Wenger is clearly a jackass and needs to go, by our judgment.

Of course he needs to go :facepalm:

I'm not happy with constant embarrassments in big matches, finishing 4th and expected to be happy about it, our shitty "pass the ball around the oppositions box and get countered instead" style of play, I'm tired of our best players playing out of position, tired of not knowing how to defend as a team, tired of his ineptude in managing a squad which results in squad players being unwilling to stay, tired of his loser mentality which translates to our players and most of all his excuses for all these problems. I'm sick of seeing him in post-match interviews being pathetic.

If you are happy with these things and require other people to tell you how great we are doing then go on, no one stops you. But don't expect others to be the same, others who want us to be better than we are.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:51 pm

Not to beat a dead horse to pulp, and clearly Wenger has deficiencies, but he's in it for the long haul.

I recently summed up transfer spending from the beginingn of the Premier League up to Abramovich's Chesea takeover (i.e. the era before the so called 'sugar daddy clubs', and in that time already, especially around 2000, several PL clubs spent hugely more than Arsenal.

Newcastle, Manchester United, Liverpool net spent 3 times what Arsenal spent over the decade 1993-2003, even pre-Roman Chelsea spent double.

And THEN comes the sugar daddy money, I don't want to know what the difference is in the last decade, with the outside money vs. the stadium restraint.

So sorry, but you're taking it for granted to always finsih 4th as if it is nothing, and then you want more. Fair enough on wanting more but let's be real.
Wenger keeping you in the top of European football clubs, even if let's say at the fringes of top 10, IS NOT NOTHING.
It's *bleep* amazing. That has to be the basis for judging him, and frankly with that  basis in mind many Arsenal fans are way over the top in their disrespect, even if there's ample reason to critisize him for certain things right now, or even to want him to leave.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next