MJ
Raptorgunner
Sina
Chumlum
RealGunner
42 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 29 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by MJ Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:00 pm

RealGunner wrote:
In other news, Kebabs might replace Pizza in my tonight's dinner plans.

Don't think PSG would let Kebabs go without a fight.

MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 29 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by REWB Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:41 pm

MJ wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

cant see us getting Kebabs without paying 50.000.001, no chance.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:14 pm

REWB wrote:
MJ wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

cant see us getting Kebabs without paying 50.000.001, no chance.

Pizza has well documented disciplinary issues though hmm

And who are we kidding, we know the final choice will be a discount salad.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:40 pm

Pizza is the Bundesliga's most prolific foreign striker ever ffs.

Kebabs on the other hand will be the reason Hertha get relegated.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:11 pm

Artilleristen wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:No way Wenger would let Jack go now, especially after passing on Cesc.

jack can't be compared to cesc, thats ridiculouis. HE(Jack) HAS NO VISION!

I was not comparing them, but thats doesn't mean Jack has no vision. He would never be as good as Cesc but if he can stay healthy he is one of few players that can actually run our midfield.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:43 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
Artilleristen wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:No way Wenger would let Jack go now, especially after passing on Cesc.

jack can't be compared to cesc, thats ridiculouis. HE(Jack) HAS NO VISION!

I was not comparing them, but thats doesn't mean Jack has no vision. He would never be as good as Cesc but if he can stay healthy he is one of few players that can actually run our midfield.

I don't see it in him. His lack of vision causes missed opportunities, and his injuries when he holds onto the ball to long.
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:53 am

Diaby's heir :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:16 pm

John Cross says Arsenal have made "discreet enquiries" for Raheem Sterling.

Amazing how Arsenal managed to make discreet enquiries that weren't so discreet that John Cross couldn't grab an exclusive.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:41 pm

I didn't realise there was a Sterling contract situation was for Livepool tbh. He'll go to City.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:54 am

He won't go anywhere this summer unless there's an absolutely absurd bid, to be honest... especially not a rival club in England. Reports on the "contract situation" generally forget to add that his current deal still runs for another 2 seasons yet.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:57 am

There's no credence to the story.

Liverpool will cave to Sterling's demands, he'll sign, it'll be over, unless City submit a mammoth bid or one comes from outside, that'll be that.

But Liverpool denied us talks with Suarez when we had activated his release clause, I'm surprised anyone would think they'd give us Sterling even if we 'swapped' Theo.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:10 am

If Sterling's demands and output (on the pitch) remain at current levels then Liverpool certainly won't end up meeting his demands and he'll likely be sold in the 2016 summer window. I suspect that if his performance level remains as it has been (inconsistent) he'll end up dropping his demands and meeting Liverpool's compromise offer sometime next season. If we manage to sneak into the top 4 before season's end there's a decent chance he'll even agree to a deal in the summer, I suspect. FSG are never going to authorize £150+k/week for a 20yo inconsistent player though.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:23 am

RedOranje wrote:If Sterling's demands and output (on the pitch) remain at current levels then Liverpool certainly won't end up meeting his demands and he'll likely be sold in the 2016 summer window. I suspect that if his performance level remains as it has been (inconsistent) he'll end up dropping his demands and meeting Liverpool's compromise offer sometime next season. If we manage to sneak into the top 4 before season's end there's a decent chance he'll even agree to a deal in the summer, I suspect. FSG are never going to authorize £150+k/week for a 20yo inconsistent player though.

Indeed. He is no where near good enough for what he is demanding.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:37 am

MJ wrote:John Cross says Arsenal have made "discreet enquiries" for Raheem Sterling.

Amazing how Arsenal managed to make discreet enquiries that weren't so discreet that John Cross couldn't grab an exclusive.

Laughing

He got that news from some Internet Bullshit Artist
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:21 am

lmao is he really demanding anywhere near that?

The phrase 'kids these days' is so appropriate right now.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:57 am

According to the reliable sources (as reliable as any can be that quote specific numbers in behind-closed-door negotiations between club and football agents) here's the story on Sterling's contract situation:

Club opened negotiations over new deal, looking to tie Sterling down to a long-term contract with improved terms that reflect his growing importance in the club. Sterling is currently on £30-35k base weekly salary. The new deal would have raised him to the upper-middle pack but was rejected. Sterling's representatives demanded a £150k new deal, Liverpool offered a £100k compromise which was also rejected. Sterling then stated/indicated that he wished to put all talks on hold until summer (to "focus on football" or wait and see if LFC get CL footy, depending on how cynical you are). I would guess that the last part is where the rags are getting their current stories... the player wants to wait until summer to continue discussions so ostensibly "he will reject any offer made" until then.

As far as I know there are only 3, maybe 4 players, at the club on a base salary greater than £100k: Gerrard, Sturridge, and maybe Skrtel and Balotelli. If memory serves, however, Balotelli's contract is heavily incentivized with performance-related clauses and his reported base salary when he signed was £90-100k per week. On the whole, the club has shifted toward performance-based contracts and most senior players are on a salary between £75k and £100k (Sakho, Lovren, Coutinho, etc) and Henderson's current negotiations are centered around finding a compromise between £80k and £120k. So that gives you an idea of how insane it is that we've offered an inconsistent £100k and how unlikely it is that the club will cave into his demands for 50% more than that.

The £180k thing from the Mail is just nonsense.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:47 am

Never understood what it is with players and their agents asking for pay rises that are considerably over the top for everyone except them.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:45 pm

I dont think we ever had a chance with Sterling or even were interested in him. The money he is asking for is just ridicules and only City would pay that to a young kid.

I dont think any player at Arsenal is on £150k a week.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:46 pm

It would be nice selling Theo and replacing him with Reus. drinking

Sterling to City.

Theo to Liverpool.

Reus to Arsenal. I think we have a 1% chance of this.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:20 pm

Zamparini "confirms" that Arsenal are one of the clubs interested in Paulo Dybala, and have made an offer.

http://www.espnfc.com/story/2373680/arsenal-and-juventus-make-offers-for-palermo-striker-paulo-dybala-maurizio-zamparini
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:36 pm

if he has another season building onto what he is doing and move his level up then might be worth it
atm not so much and we wont spend that sum on him
and rightly so
i know he may leave this summer anyway
Zamparini talks a lot......
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:37 pm

You should get Ki to replace Arteta tbh, although your midfield is quite stacked.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:51 pm

Ki is a really solid player, I like him, but also maybe South Korean footballers are wary of signing for Arsenal after the mysterious career of Park Chu Young. Wink

Our midfield is "stacked" in some ways but Flamini is probably going to be shipped out this summer, Rosicky probably too ( Sad ), Diaby almost definitely will leave as his contract ends, Arteta will perhaps stay but won't be able to have a major role in the regular starting XI ... even if you consider Zelalem ready for a slightly bigger supporting role in the senior squad, and if Ox plays more centrally, there's probably room for one midfield signing at least. Somebody who plays relatively deeper.

Schneiderlin seems to be in everyone's prediction sweet spot because he's the right age, he brings physicality but he isn't an oaf on the ball, he is French, he has PL-experience, and his transfer fee would be neither cheap nor exorbitant. But I wouldn't be surprised if Wenger goes after someone slightly out of the spotlight. Ki might be a distant dark horse prediction.

It also wouldn't shock me if Wenger decides to keep Coq (and Arteta) as the 'senior' DM and goes in for say Youri Tielemans, still a teenager but very good and CL-experienced.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:22 pm

Apparently we have signed some Argentine kid Maximiliano Romero(16). He will stay in Argentina for 2 years.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:40 pm

Cech & Schneiderlin would be a fantastic couple of signings, but something tells me Wenger would add cheaper players from abroad - I'm also not sure a keeper will arrive.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:52 am

nice talent  :fishing:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next