MJ
Raptorgunner
Sina
Chumlum
RealGunner
42 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 30 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sina Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:52 am

nice talent  :fishing:

Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 30 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Eman Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:33 pm

Sina wrote:

nice talent  :fishing:

I understand it's only youth footy, but most of the defending/goalkeeping in that video was miserable.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:40 am

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/star-says-he-s-learning-english-for-arsenal-transfer-family-movin

New Crespo :coffee:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:34 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11519000/Petr-Cech-could-be-Arsenals-game-changer-just-like-Eric-Cantona-was-for-Manchester-United.html

Arsene pls bounce
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:46 pm

He really would be a dream signing.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:44 pm

Justice for Good Colombian Cracklord lad Ospina.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:44 pm

Maxi Romero claims that he is in advance talks with Arsenal. His agent had met Wenger twice. Are you guys seriously going to pay 4.5m pounds for a 16 year old? Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:45 pm

Heard he is the next GOAT so why not.

He will stay in Argentina till he is 18 so I guess that money is helping him out n shit.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:48 pm

Doesn't want to pull a Messi and not have a home fan base
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:46 pm

Don't think anyone wouldn't consider Cech a top tier signing.

Who goes? Szczesny or Ospina or is there any scenario where all three stay?

I personally don't see a future for Sir Chesny if Cech is brought in. Ospina's had half a season as the number one while Shez has been around since he was a kid.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:50 pm

I can see Szczesny asking to leave if we did sign Cech, and Wenger probably wouldn't stand in his way. The fact he's been dropped from the first team two or three times now in the last few years suggests that a clean break might be best for all concerned.

Goalkeeper is certainly one area I think we should try to upgrade in the summer.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:56 pm

If you can really sign Cech that would be so incredibly good for you, cannot be overestimated what that would mean.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:57 pm

A GK and a midfielder(Illarra) would be enough for this summer as long as no one leaves.

Midfielder sounds doubtful as Arteta is supposedly getting a new deal. Maybe even Diaby. And we have all said this, if Diaby can stay fit, we don't even have to buy a midfielder.

Walcott worries me though. But the question is, Will we have to replace him despite having Oxlade and Gnabry?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:08 am

Not sure I can see us selling Cech to you guys, tbh.

I mean, we didn't want to sell Demba Ba to Arsenal.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:33 am

Kick wrote:Not sure I can see us selling Cech to you guys, tbh.

I mean, we didn't want to sell Demba Ba to Arsenal.

You didn't want to loan Ba to us.

Cech + Illara + 15-20 goal scorer hmm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:45 am

Unless Cech absolutely has his heart set on Arsenal or we receive no other offers, I cannot see Cech moving to Arsenal.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:01 am

Well he'd only have to move around the same city, and still have CL football (unless we cock it up pretty badly from this point on).

I don't see AW signing a #1 GK unfortunately. Even if it is a 32 y.o. Clearly, Cech doesn't want to be a backup GK. If he moves to Arsenal as a starting GK, that's a tad unfair to Ospina who has been doing pretty well after joining this past summer.

I am pretty close to giving up on Szczesny tbh. Third season in a row that he's been dropped now? It looks like he's hit his ceiling, and it isn't the ceiling we expected him to reach.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:35 am

There's no way Cech would join to be anything but our #1 and that's because he's miles better than Szczesny, Ospina, Martinez, Iliev (names every keeper in the youth system as well). Competition follows you wherever you play and if Ospina had to be benched for Cech he'd A. have to deal with it because he came into a side where Szczesny had just won the Golden Glove and B. have to deal with it because it's Petr Cech.

Doesn't matter how old he is, as the Telegraph article pointed out, Mackay joined Derby when he was 34, van der Sar joined United when he was 34 as well. Age doesn't affect keepers the same way it does outfield players.

And the only reason this is being discussed is because Cech clearly wants to leave and going by Mourinho's comments, he clearly gets to choose his next club. Unless Real Madrid are interested then we seem the most obvious fit at the moment so it would be down to us to convince him.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:38 am

I imagine PSG, Atleti, Roma and Inter will also be interested in Cech.

I just don't see it happening.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:06 am

Find myself agreeing with all points above.

If it really is Cech's choice, then I don't see why we can't convince him to stay in London. But would he pull a Lampard and join a rival club, or would he choose to move abroad for sentimental reasons?

Maybe PSG can offer him a much fatter pay cheque, blowing us out of the water, but I don't know if they're looking for a keeper anyway. Atleti/Roma/Inter are no way more attractive for footballing reasons, unless Cech wants to live in Spain/Italy for personal reasons or something.

The fact that Mourinho said it would be Cech's choice, I would rather not believe it. Fact is, I don't believe a word of what that man says. He hasn't merited credibility or respect or dignity, for all his achievements, in my eyes. But that's a separate topic anyway.

However, question for me is:
Is AW ruthless enough now to go for such a move, or will he stick by his options?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:43 am

Don't think we will be much active this summer tbh.
Maybe a youngster in some position. Think Wenger is now pretty satisfied with Coquelin, so I don't see Schneiderlin or any other DM coming. Striker I don't see at all. Maybe if Walcott goes we'll see someone come in for him, that's all I can see.
GK, maybe, if Wenger is done with Szczesny. But then I don't see Cech coming in, I agree with Kick. Maybe someone about the same quality as Shezzer and Ospina. But who hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:46 am

Agree with Sri. Mourinho says Cech can choose but he'll definitely be pressured to pick a foreign team if anyone is interested.

BUT if he does have full authority over the choice then there's no reason we shouldn't push for it.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:46 pm

Are you guys happy with Theo Contract Saga? to me it looks like he doesn't want to be at Arsenal anymore. Its ridiculous that he wants a pay raise when he is one of the highest paid players who has not played in much in past 2 years due to knee cruciate injury.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:50 pm

what saga?

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:06 pm

Illarra and Cech would be great acquisitions. I agree that it would be tricky to get Cech though.

Has there been another wave of reports about Illarra moving btw?
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:26 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:what saga?

That would be encouraging if he hadn't contradicted Wenger who said contract talks are underway.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next