urbaNRoots
RealGunner
BarrileteCosmico
julias
Lex
77 posters

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Harry Kane Appreciation Thread A.K.A Soldado's Death Sentence  - Page 20 Empty Re: Harry Kane Appreciation Thread A.K.A Soldado's Death Sentence

Post by CBarca Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:27 pm

RealGunner wrote:The worst possible thing you can do is to keep an unhappy player. What a disgraceful performance

The height of arrogance from Levy. He's so convinced that Spurs are a "big club" that he believes a couple signings, a new manager, and one of the best strikers on the planet and Spurs are back to being a contender. It doesn't work like that. The team needs rebuilding and having one of your senior players, and your best player, hanging around sulking is no help, and the money he could have gotten Spurs could have been used to improve the defense and midfield. Sonny could have been the main forward.

It's clear this team has needed more than a couple signings for a while. The team needs a full rebuild.

I wasn't a fan of keeping him and unfortunately it seems I was correct (as most people but Levy probably thought)

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Harry Kane Appreciation Thread A.K.A Soldado's Death Sentence  - Page 20 Empty Re: Harry Kane Appreciation Thread A.K.A Soldado's Death Sentence

Post by Casciavit Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:39 pm

Acknowledge him
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:41 pm

danyjr wrote:Current best CF for me without a doubt. Better than Lewandowski. Better than Aubameyang. Hell, even better than Agüero.

He has reinvented the role of CF for me.
Done.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:46 pm

dude rolled it back to 3 years ago today

meanwhile Benzema didn't even get a touch against the inferior PSG
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:51 pm

When was the last time you saw a 6'2 CF who could pass like that in terms of final ball? His through balls onto runners are so good.

Benzema is a better dribbler and has better link up in tight spaces, but he doesn't put in passes that slice the defense open with the frequency Kane does.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:07 pm

Benzema suits a more controlling team, Kane suits a more counterattacking team.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:56 pm

Casciavit wrote:When was the last time you saw a 6'2 CF who could pass like that in terms of final ball? His through balls onto runners are so good.

Benzema is a better dribbler and has better link up in tight spaces, but he doesn't put in passes that slice the defense open with the frequency Kane does.
Ibra

But let's be fair, Kane has been dead quiet for 9 months
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:06 pm

El Gunner wrote:dude rolled it back to 3 years ago today

meanwhile Benzema didn't even get a touch against the inferior PSG

Big Benz literally, not figurately, came back from injury. Cut him a little slack for his performance (should not have even started)

I would like to think we all acknowledge Kane as being one of the best CFs in world football. I just hope we can acknowledge that this two goal performance does not mask what has been a pretty mediocre season by his standards.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:07 pm

Honestly I'm just hyping up his passes lol his season has been mid. Laughing

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Casciavit wrote:When was the last time you saw a 6'2 CF who could pass like that in terms of final ball? His through balls onto runners are so good.

Ibra

But let's be fair, Kane has been dead quiet for 9 months

Ibra wasn't threading in passes like a 90's Trequartista
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:55 pm

500 games in top flight without titulero. hmm
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:05 pm

and it'll remain that way because rumour has it he wants to extend his contract with Spurs
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:26 pm

So with his career inevitably reaching its end, how do we think history will judge him?

He will likely have the most goals ever for a while (how long until Haaland catches up?), but no titles as long as he stays at Spurs. Is that enough of a legacy? Could an international title salvage his reputation?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:00 pm

basically Alan Shearer (minus the PL title)
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:12 pm

Better career than Soldier, who didn't win a titulero either. I don't count starting twice and not scoring for Liga 07-08. Maybe the thread title should be, Soldado takes Kane with him?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:36 am

El Gunner wrote:basically Alan Shearer (minus the PL title)

I think this is fair. People will remember him a bit better than shearer I think (because he is a better overall player). I think it will also be acknowledged that the lack of a PL title wasn't his fault.

Maybe he's a bit Gerrard esque. I could see him like Gerrard. England legend, and definitely a bit of a legend in his own right, but failing to deliver a title. Of course, Gerrard had more European success, but he was also with a different caliber of club.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:02 am

CBarca wrote:
El Gunner wrote:basically Alan Shearer (minus the PL title)

Maybe he's a bit Gerrard esque. I could see him like Gerrard. England legend, and definitely a bit of a legend in his own right, but failing to deliver a title. Of course, Gerrard had more European success, but he was also with a different caliber of club.

Gerrard won literally every title at club level but the league. Most of the cups multiple times. His CL winning campaign in 2005 is legit legendary. Single handed carryjob. To this day that Liverpool side is the weakest CL winner in the 21st century. Top 3 Balon D'Or and had a genuine case for winning.

He has a final named after him for his heroics in the FA Cup. Time and again he would rise up and be the best player on the pitch full of world class players even when he was on the much inferior team.

Kane has never won a single trophy. He also been awful in every final he's played. Like legit worst player on the pitch at times in those finals.

You can hold the league against Gerrard but Kane hasn't won 1 single trophy, not even a Caroba. Sorry, can't compare.

Kane is closer to a DiNatale than to Gerrard/Totti caliber 1 club men who won less than they should've.

I think the Shearer comparison is good. It's the closest but even Shearer won 1 major trophy.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:43 pm

As I said, Gerrard was at a different caliber of club. When it comes to pure skill/talent and performance, I do see Kane and Gerrard on a pretty similar plane.

Didn't mention winning other cups because cups that aren't leagues and CL's don't really mean anything to me. They can mean a lot if you're Wolverhampton or something but otherwise I can't really care very much. I guess that's me personally
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:57 pm

agree with McEggz, Gerrard is more accomplished.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:28 am

Surely this is the end for his Spurs career?

Maybe the right comparison is Batistuta - who after making his name at Fiorentina went on to Roma to finally win the league title. United are looking for a striker, and he's looking for a top club, and together they might take the league next season.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:53 am

I think he needs to leave Spurs this summer. He's been loyal to them and given them everything he can, but he ultimately deserves a move to Real Madrid or Bayern Munich. A player as good and influential as him deserves quite a few club trophies. If he moves to Real Madrid, then he'll have a great midfield to create lots of goal-scoring chances for him, and him joining there could make the Real Madrid squad one of the strongest club starting 11s of the next season.
Ben
Ben
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:27 pm

I honestly think the Kane to Bayern move will happen. Ange wants an end to the saga and when they got Ange it's clear Spurs are imagining their immediate trophy hopes are done and dusted after the failure of two "win now" managers in a row, and they can use the money for defenders.

Smart investments and a savvy manager can get you a long way, even without Kane. Arsenal is the easiest example to point to, despite me calling Arteta Artbeta for so long
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:51 pm

CBarca wrote:I honestly think the Kane to Bayern move will happen. Ange wants an end to the saga and when they got Ange it's clear Spurs are imagining their immediate trophy hopes are done and dusted after the failure of two "win now" managers in a row, and they can use the money for defenders.

Smart investments and a savvy manager can get you a long way, even without Kane. Arsenal is the easiest example to point to, despite me calling Arteta Artbeta for so long

I've been pro Arteta all along, but I'm surprised that no one has called him Artechoke, yet Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:32 pm

I think Spurs need to invest the money from Kane in a new striker. Richalison just hasn't been reliable enough since he joined Spurs.
Ben
Ben
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:46 pm

Half field goal. How do Bayern fans feel about him?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:00 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Half field goal. How do Bayern fans feel about him?

What is it 12 goals 6 assists in 9 games?

He's a videogame striker. He's been the best in the world for years. Or at least top 3. Sad that he's not at Tottenham anymore but glad he's thriving.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:15 pm

And even so some random nobody is the top striker in the league. Bet he didn't see that coming Laughing

Guirassy has 14 goals already :O
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next