Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
BarrileteCosmico
Tomwin Lannister
Kick
35 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Third Annual GoalLegacy Awards - Ceremony Empty The Third Annual GoalLegacy Awards - Ceremony

Post by Kick Fri 23 Jan - 0:25:59

The Third Annual GoalLegacy Awards - Ceremony Gl_dor10

It’s that time of year again, when the new year blossoms, the transfer market is once again open, many stores worldwide continue to sell off their Christmas stock at reduced prices, temperatures in Australia soar to inhuman levels while temperatures in Europe plummet, and the Goal Legacy Awards are once again handed out.
Before I start, I’d like to thank the GL staff for their continued work throughout the year. I’d also like to thank the community for sticking with us for another great year and for voting in the awards.
Since none of you POS’ nominated me for any awards, I’ve decided to take all of them myself.
So Congratulations Kick on your clean sweep of the Goal Legacy Awards!
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Only kidding. Here are the real winners:

Club section winners

AC Milan
3rd - Casciavit
2nd - El Shaarawy

And the winner is Dante! We asked Dostoevsky to say a few words:
Dostoevsky wrote:It's appropriate that during our time in the Inferno, is it the voice of Dante that informs the masses with wit and style as we await the return of the Divine Eyebrow. The head of the cast of three, Dante combines the incisive cynicism of Casciavit with the manic hilarity of El Shaarawy into a stunning commentary to steady the ship in our Milanese Paradise.
Congrats, Dante!

Arsenal
4th - RaptorGunner
3rd - srigooner
2nd - Chumlum
And the Award goes to MJ! Congrats, for finally toppling Jay from top spot!

Barcelona
3rd - MaraVilla
2nd - Donuts
And the Award goes to Fußball! Congrats to Fuß! He is a hilarious poster and a deserving winner!

Bayern München
3rd – RWO Power
2nd - Bayern_Munich
And the first place goes to Hapless_Hans! Hans is the ever present voice of Bayern on the forum and a deserving winner. Congrats Hans!

Chelsea
3rd - aldrin_only
2nd - Fatman123
And the winner is Shed! Not many people know this but Shed is the 5th highest poster on this forum, despite having a grand total of 8 posts outside the Chelsea section. He keeps that section alive and has done so since he joined. If you haven’t seen his matchday threads, I suggest you take a look, they’re always top class. Congrats to Shed for his second straight win here.

Juventus
3rd - Cotes
2nd - Dronte
And the Award goes to Salmano9! The new Devi of the Juve section. Congrats on the win!

Inter Milan
3rd - zizzle
2nd - Vibe
And the winner is Robespierre! Robes has been immense over the last twelve months, congrats!

Liverpool
4th - Heil Mein Reds
3rd - Mr-r34
2nd - Red Alert
And the winner is Art Morte! Instead of getting a trophy, We’ve decided to send some locks of Carroll’s hair to Art, congrats!

Manchester United
3rd - Lumiere_Blanche
2nd - B-Mac
And the Award goes to Busby Babe! It was not easy to choose a winner here, congrats to Busby!

Real Madrid
3rd - Chad4401
2nd - halamadrid2
And the winner is titosantill! Displacing MT is not easy, congrats!

Roma
3rd - gb
2nd - Lupi
And the Roma poster of the year is Flameas! Congrats!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The Hub
Who is the best non-football related poster?
3rd – M99
2nd - Tomwin Lannister

And first place goes to Great Leader Sprucenuce!
Mole takes top spot after finishing second last season. The voting was close between these three so congrats to Mole for edging it.

Which is the best non-football related thread on the forum?
2nd - [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate
2nd - The Official Talk About Whatever Thread (Australian Section)

And the winner is ‘Sticky: The Decidedly Unofficial "Talk About Whatever" Thread
This is an ever present thread in The Hub so it has rightfully taken top spot here. Congrats to all who make this thread what it is!

What is the best non-football related post of 2014?
3rd - RealGunner in General Games Discussion
2nd - Vibe and RWO on female dominance

And first place goes to El Shaarawy in  Sticky: The Decidedly Unofficial "Talk About Whatever" Thread!
Congrats to ES, it was an absolutely hilarious post, enjoyed by many and narrowly beat Vibe and RWO. If you wish to read any of the posts, just click on the post name, I’ll link all of them from there. ES’s post is too long to include here.

General section
Who is the best new poster?
3rd - El Cujo
2nd - Hapless_Hans

And the winner is Robespierre!
Huge congrats to Robes who has been immense since joining. He is certainly a poster worth reading. Keep up the good work!

Who is the most knowledgeable poster on the forum?
3rd – Robespierre
2nd – Dostoevsky

And the winner is The Franchise! Congrats, for the second year running Franchise picks up the award. Sounds like we better give up and bow down to our knowledgeable leader. :bow:
You know you’re about to learn something when The Franchise hits you with a wall of text, and every sentence is better than the last.

Who is the funniest poster on the forum?
3rd - Art Morte
2nd – Fußball

And the Award goes to Tomwin Lannister. Everyone’s favourite Utd/QPR/Newcastle/Every other team not named Juve/Juve fan! Tom is hilarious in almost every situation and has proved it again over the last twelve months. A second straight award here for Tom, too. Congrats!

Who is the most objective/unbiased poster of the year?
3rd – McLewis
2nd - GoonerJay29

And the winner is Dostoevsky! Displacing The Franchise and McLewis from last year’s awards is no easy task, yet Dost did it with ease. Having had many a conversation with Dost, I quickly realised that this man speaks nothing but the truth when it comes to football. Congrats Dost!

Who is the best poster to chat with?
3rd - Great Leader Sprucenuce
2nd - Tomwin Lannister

And the winner is RealGunner. Congrats! Now, let’s test if he really is the best user to chat with, everyone send him a PM congratulating him. Let’s see if we can knock him off his mantle, which he has won for 3 years straight now!

What is the best football related thread?
3rd - The Folly Of Letting Kroos Go
2nd - Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion series

And the winning thread is David Moyes is a Football Genius. Enough said.
And here is David Moyes to collect the award!
Spoiler:

What is the most controversial thread?
3rd - Hazard admits he's the best player in the League
2nd - The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread

Which means the winner is Karim Benzema Series!
Unfortunately Benzema could not make it because he didn’t want to sit near Moysie. Congrats!

Who is the most controversial poster?
3rd - Natalie Portman (not the real Natalie Portman)
2nd – Harmonica (Not a real harmonica)

And the award goes to Gil! Congrats, this is Gil’s second straight win here. To quote Real Gunner:
RealGunner wrote: Gil is eccentric. Gil is awesome. Gil is weird And Gil is most definitely controversial. Gil is like a complete package. He can weird the shit out of you, or he can make you go damn he might be on to something(no not Drake or bieber). His views can often make you scratch your head or sometimes make you log out of the forum and move to China. But I guess that is the charm of the controversial posters. They are interesting and they are not all that ridiculous because controversial doesn’t always means bad. Gil is my man so leave him alone.
Couldn’t have said it better, congrats!

What is the best football related quote of the year?
3rd - Vibe: "Don't worry about Giroud.He's just 5 goals away from being 8 goals away from being the joint top scorer in EPL"
2nd - Fußball on Suarez and Messi taking a free kick (Edited version)

And the winning quote is M99 on The Champions League Round of 16 matches. Congrats! Once again, I have linked to quotes so they can be read in their original thread. They are too long to post here.
The quote from M99 came out of no where and is very, very funny. Go read it before continuing on, as it is still relevant.

Who is the best staff member?
3rd – Admin
2nd – Admin

And the winner is….Admin. Congratulations Admin. Since Admin could not make the ceremony, He…She? It, wanted me to pass on this message:
Admin wrote:Thank you for this Award, people of goal legacy. It is a shame you didn’t nominate me. I took the liberty of nominating and voting for myself. I do retain faith the same mistake will not be made next year.
Right, let’s return to proceedings, shall we?

Who is your favourite poster?
3rd – Fußball
2nd - Great Leader Sprucenuce

And everyone’s favourite poster is Robespierre! Congratulations! Robes picks up another award for this year, best new poster, indeed. This is uncharted territory for new members but I am sure Robes can repeat it over the next twelve months.

And now for the moment we’ve all been waiting for……

Who is Goal Legacy's member of the year?
3rd – Art Morte (Aka Neuer)
2nd - M99 (Aka Messi)

And the GL D’Or goes to Robespierre! Huge congrats to Robes! He’s done the treble, the best performance over a year since Barca 10/11! As someone who hasn’t not been around for long, Robes quickly established himself as one of the best posters on this forum, which can be seen by the many nominations and wins in the Awards. All conquering of many of GL’s more prominent users such as MT and Mole, Robes is a deserving winner of the GL D’Or!

-------------------------------------------
This concludes the ceremony, congrats to all the winners, my condolences to all the butthurt losers. Let’s make 2015 the best year on GL yet!

Last edited by Kick on Wed 18 Feb - 5:10:02; edited 1 time in total
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

The Third Annual GoalLegacy Awards - Ceremony Empty Re: The Third Annual GoalLegacy Awards - Ceremony

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri 23 Jan - 0:38:57

Robes Proud

Even if Inter can never win another treble, you can keep going strong Molenation

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

The Third Annual GoalLegacy Awards - Ceremony Empty Re: The Third Annual GoalLegacy Awards - Ceremony

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri 23 Jan - 0:41:36

Congratulations to all the winners!

Not sure if the inter section is just dead or if zizzle and vibe are running on their reputation Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 23 Jan - 0:42:06

Congrats to all the winners. Mole: I'm you shall pay for this in fantasy basketball!!!

Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri 23 Jan - 0:42:47

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Congratulations to all the winners!

Not sure if the inter section is just dead or if zizzle and vibe are running on their reputation Laughing

The bribed their way in, now if you excuse me. I'm off to the shops, in my new Ferrari.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri 23 Jan - 0:44:12

Robes, new face of GL. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 23 Jan - 0:52:06

ranDOM 10 wrote:Congrats to all the winners. Mole: I'm you shall pay for this in fantasy basketball!!!

Sad

Can't believe I won that tbh Laughing thanks to everyone who voted for me and congratulations to all the other winners.

Robes :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri 23 Jan - 1:00:08

Robes Proud cheers

Congrats everyone, it's been an absolute pleasure
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Fri 23 Jan - 1:05:14

Knew MT was a one year wonder. Bigger flop than multimedia section and Kaka combined ffs.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri 23 Jan - 1:08:50

Shocked

Totally unexpected lol    , I don't know really what saying about it , except thanks to all Very Happy  cheers

GL best forum ever .
Even increased my knowledge about English language :bow:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri 23 Jan - 1:09:28

Robespierre wrote:Shocked

Totally unexpected lol , I don't know really what saying about it , exceot thanks to all Very Happy cheers

GL best forum ever .
Even increased my knowledge about English language :bow:

Congrats, Robes. You were very deserving Smile
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri 23 Jan - 1:17:36

Congrats to all the winners! cheers
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri 23 Jan - 1:49:43

Congrats to all the winners!

From Mole Cena to Roman Robes Proud
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri 23 Jan - 2:25:55

What is this bullshit.
Chums and M99 got robbed.

Looks like everyone didn't vote for Jay seeing as he isn't even in the top 4, maybe it's because he wins every year Laughing We all know though that Jay is the main cannon in our Arsenal :bow:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri 23 Jan - 3:26:29

Robes Reigns ffs Proud Perfectly coincides with Roman Reigns winning Royal Rumble Proud Called him being the future face of GL just days after he registered :bow: Unfortunately the only glory Inter will have in the coming years :coffee:

Quote of the year (Got Thread Of The Year last year smoking ) and 2nd place is not bad. I was planning on leaving GL for 2 weeks if I won the GL D Or to continue my CM Punk arc but the deserving winner won. I was shocked that I got nominated let alone finish 2nd Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri 23 Jan - 4:17:56

Robes. Proud I love Robes, fss. I was too lazy to participate in the votings but if I did I would have voted for Robes, too. :bow: Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri 23 Jan - 6:39:18

well deserved to Robes Proud

his posts are always intelligent and well thought out even with English not being his first language, there is something with the way he words his posts that brings a smile about.

easily the most likeable poster and a welcome edition to the community :bow:

and thanks for my silver medal for the United section category eco smile

main man big papa Tom get's funniest poster Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri 23 Jan - 8:32:52

Robes :bow:

Congrats to the winners and nice job Kick :bow:

Liverpool
And the winner is Art Morte! Instead of getting a trophy, We’ve decided to send some locks of Carroll’s hair to Art, congrats!

Oh boy! Soon I'll have collected enough for the wig! Ps. Thanks, LFC dudes!

rwo power wrote:Congrats to all the winners! cheers

Hey, I'm Manuel Neuer, wanna hang out at my place tonight?

Hapless_Hans wrote:Robes Proud cheers

Congrats everyone, it's been an absolute pleasure

If she says no again, Hans, the usual tonight? I promise I'll remember to call you 'Toni' this time instead of 'Big Andy'.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri 23 Jan - 10:10:46

Art Morte wrote:Hey, I'm Manuel Neuer, wanna hang out at my place tonight
You can't be Mauel Neuer - after all, you won one of the sections and we all know that goalies usually only get hnororary mentions in such popularity contests Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri 23 Jan - 14:04:23

Molenation Proud
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri 23 Jan - 14:18:09

rwo power wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Hey, I'm Manuel Neuer, wanna hang out at my place tonight
You can't be Mauel Neuer - after all, you won one of the sections and we all know that goalies usually only get hnororary mentions in such popularity contests Razz

I called him Neuer in the GL D'Or. Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri 23 Jan - 14:32:31

Still, my point stands :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri 23 Jan - 15:00:41

Congratulations to all the nominees and winners . Dosto stop it you Proud (congrats btw too) Thanks guys , i appreciate it .

At this point i would like to say something , i voted for Dostoevsky for the Milan section , didn't know before hand moderators weren't allowed in club sections . So just for the record , if i knew that , my vote would have went to M99 instead . Not sure if i missed it somewhere , or was that standard procedure since ever? I didn't know / remember .

As for M69 , congrats for being nominated for GL member of the year man , honestly you deserved it . I thought M99 would be chosen as GL member of the year btw , but seeing all 3 candidates i can only say they all deserved it just as much anyway . Robes appreciation is simply a note for all newcomers that they are more than welcomed into this forum , stop lurking you noobs.

Anyway , i would also like to suggest something for next year's edition . Consider allowing us to nominate between 2 or 3 options for GL member of the year. Our decision is supposed to be made based on contribution , well , we're bound to leave one or two people out that really contributed a lot in the forum. I was between 3 people and it really was the hardest decision in the voting process , that i had to nominate just one .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri 23 Jan - 15:04:21

I voted mostly for my fellow Milanistas. Glad to see ES, Dante, M99 and Dost among the winners. Proud
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Fri 23 Jan - 15:18:06

Good job folks. Thanks to whoever voted for me in the Arsenal section.

I feel like I'm at a party where everyone is sipping trendy drinks and I've got a Colt 45.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next