Casciavit
Dante
Kaladin
Katy Perry
Ganso
23 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Managerial Rumours and Speculation - Page 4 Empty Re: Managerial Rumours and Speculation

Post by Dante Thu May 21, 2015 1:01 pm

really now ?

From Montella , Emery , Ancelotti and the fables of Conte .

I'd still have Sarri and be content , i want to see a real coach managing the team again. I am ok with either of them , much more than ok really.

Ancelotti has a big bonus though , he's been one of the best coaches in our history , so if he does return in Milan , this will grant us some image back.. like , creating a better team with Ancelotti on the helm , the coach who has won almost everything and more than once , would make Serie A fear Milan again .

And it's something we really , really miss from our games. When teams fear you , even if you suck , you can still salvage something , sometimes even the win. When teams don't fear you.. just look at Sassuolo . What i am saying is , any of these coaches are welcomed , but Ancelotti is certainly the best we could do. He would make Milan strong again .

but in any case , a real coach , i will have him thank you very much.

Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Managerial Rumours and Speculation - Page 4 Empty Re: Managerial Rumours and Speculation

Post by dostoevsky Thu May 21, 2015 1:02 pm

It's futile speculation as he won't arrive, but Verratti at RCM imo :coffee:

Spoiler:
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu May 21, 2015 1:14 pm

Think of Ancelotti as the Targayens, they sat on the iron throne and ruled the the seven kingdoms, until the mad king went..mad and the Targaryans went nigh extinct. Now Dany/Carlo may be the most suitable choice for the throne.

Think of Unai as Jon Snow, he's currently occupied else where and doesn't want to dabble in anyone else's affairs. He has a vow (contract) with the Nights Watch (Sevilla)

Conte=Stannis, a hard man who sees men for the virtues they hold. He currently commands the largest army (Azzurri)

Barbara=Cersei, her father is dead (Berlu selling the club?) she keeps going head-to-head with Galliani (Tyrells) and both don't want to lose their seats up high

Sarri, is Roose Bolton, managed to escape the minnow house title (Probably still is) and  wants a real chance at the throne (big club)

Montella-Doran Martell, doesn't care a whit about whats happenign up north, is perfectly comfortable where he is. But gets chastised by his kin (fansbase) every now and then.

Last edited by El Shaarawy on Thu May 21, 2015 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu May 21, 2015 1:15 pm

dostoevsky wrote:It's futile speculation as he won't arrive, but Verratti at RCM imo :coffee:

Spoiler:

rofl rofl
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu May 21, 2015 1:31 pm

loooooooool ES

does that mean Inzaghi-Tommen hmm

and who would Montella be hmm
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu May 21, 2015 1:32 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:
dostoevsky wrote:It's futile speculation as he won't arrive, but Verratti at RCM imo :coffee:

Spoiler:

rofl rofl

why the lulz doe

it's a legit midfield hmm
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu May 21, 2015 1:36 pm

Dante wrote:loooooooool ES

does that mean Inzaghi-Tommen hmm

and who would Montella be hmm

Does that make Seedorf Joffrey and Allegri Robert Baratheon? hmm

Makes sense, Conte and Allegri are made brothers by their links to Juventus. hmm
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu May 21, 2015 1:49 pm

Mino Raiola-Littlefinger, ever since his dealings with Milan in the early 90s he plotted a major plan to overthrow the regime.

Tyrion-Tassotti, constantly shunned from every having a real chance at the throne. Should take the credit for battle of blackwater bay (CL 07) but Tywin (Berlu) is hailed as the savior

Varus-(Bee?) plans on reuniting Tyrion with Dany, to make a formidable regime. Wants to foil Littlefinger's plans (Raiola)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu May 21, 2015 1:53 pm

lmao you two Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Thu May 21, 2015 2:51 pm

Lmfaooooooo rofl

They're actually accurate too Proud

As for Carlo, I think Dost summed up my opinion very well. He wouldn't be my first choice and he has some very obvious flaws that would hurt a big team, but the fact of the matter is we're not a big team. We need an experienced coach who can steady the ship, control the dressing room, and bring in quality players and that's what he offers.

As for realism, I don't think it's as unlikely as it may seem. He's repeatedly said he has a soft spot for us, and if he's promised a decent budget and the support from board to build a good squad, I can see him giving in.

Certainly, if we get Carlo and spend the type of money people have been saying we will, I'll be very excited for next season.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu May 21, 2015 3:06 pm

To return to the discussion at hand, I would just like to echo Dante's remarks that I still believe Sarri is a perfectly adequate option as coach. I thought so when the links first arose and nothing has yet swayed me.

We've spoken of risks and guarantees a lot in the past couple of years when changing manager and seeking to rebuild. There are no guarantees, even with a manager with as impeccable a CV as Carlo but any decision should seek to tick a range of boxes. With the appointments of Seedorf and Inzaghi we based our decision around projections and feelings. We made assumptions about their capabilities without having anything tangible to point to.

The difference between Ancelotti and Sarri may seem as wide as that of Sarri and Inzaghi. Sarri however can be evaluated in ways that our previous two coaches could not. He's had a career of many years, he has a coherent footballing philosophy, he has shown himself to be excellent at developing youngsters, he is known for the fitness of his squad and has shown himself fearless in big games. He's a very different coach from Conte and Allegri but his appointment would resemble their first big breaks. They had only ever managed small sides but they had demonstrated that they possessed clear ideas about football, were intelligent tactically and seemed to be good man managers.

Prioritising Carlo seems the best option right now but if we can't get him the important thing is that we approach managers who possess actual qualities not untested potentials. If I see us linked to Cannavaro one more time I will scream.

I just hope that when Pippo is inevitably sacked, that we manage the situation better than Seedorf's exit. We've done enough to damage the dignity of our legends as it is.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu May 21, 2015 3:16 pm

Pippo (reportedly) will resign because he doesn't want us to pay him a severance package Laughing Sad

Another one bites the dust Sad
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 21, 2015 3:28 pm

Out of the shortlist of Sarri, Emery, Ancelotti and Montella my choice is Carlo with Sarri being a distant second. Carlo has proven at Madrid that he is still a world class manager and managed to disinfect the toxic environment on the locker room after all the Mourinho drama and has managed to avoid major controversies even with so many gigantic egos. Given the funds Carlo can easily build a team that can go to CL again and if he is sticking for the long term, take Milan back to it's former heights. Hopefully he will have the funds he did not have on his final season at Milan.

Also,

Maldini = Barristan Selmy
Pep = Annomander Rake
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu May 21, 2015 4:43 pm

Pep=Kalam, carried by the brilliance of Quick Ben (Messi) IMO
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 21, 2015 8:57 pm

Galliani reminds me a lot of Kruppe tbh
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu May 21, 2015 9:02 pm

Does that mean Berlu is Baruk hmm

Crone=Bee (since he was trying to broker a deal between Rake and Baruk) hmm

Rake+Moon's Spawn=Nelio Lucas and Doyen hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Fri May 22, 2015 12:57 am

Baressi = Ned Stark
Maldini = Robb Stark

Too honourable but loyal to the iron throne.
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Based Bonera Fri May 22, 2015 1:39 am

Ancelotti coming back to us just feels too good to be true. I have 0 hopes for anything good happening this off season. I learned my lesson last season when we were all being linked with Tevez, Isco, etc.
Based Bonera
Based Bonera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Based Bonera Fri May 22, 2015 1:40 am

But if Ancelotti does come back, i will kill my liver in happiness. drinking
Based Bonera
Based Bonera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri May 22, 2015 5:21 am

Based Bonera wrote:But if Ancelotti does come back, i will kill my liver in happiness. drinking

Brah this is the best username I have ever seen in my life.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Based Bonera Fri May 22, 2015 5:57 am

M99 wrote:
Based Bonera wrote:But if Ancelotti does come back, i will kill my liver in happiness. drinking

I really couldn't resist it. Bonera FTW! :bow:
Based Bonera
Based Bonera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri May 22, 2015 10:32 am

Based Bonera wrote:
M99 wrote:

Hope you stick around in this forum man. It really is a great place with great users. And don't let my avatar, club logo fool you, I am very much a Milanista. It is a semi-joke that I am a Barca fan from now till June 6th eco smile
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat May 23, 2015 8:14 pm

Berlusconi wants Carlo. Carlo wants one year break.

Carlo pls
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat May 23, 2015 8:22 pm

Meanwhile, Fio is after Sarri and Unai has said that he won't leave Sevilla if they make CL.

Brocchi it is then.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Based Bonera Sat May 23, 2015 10:06 pm

M99 wrote:
Based Bonera wrote:
M99 wrote:

Hope you stick around in this forum man. It really is a great place with great users. And don't let my avatar, club logo fool you, I am very much a Milanista. It is a semi-joke that I am a Barca fan from now till June 6th eco smile

Oh yeah, i have been lurking for a long time since goal.com but decided to join and post some more! And i am a barca fan for the next 2 weeks myself man. Thumbs up
Based Bonera
Based Bonera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Based Bonera Sat May 23, 2015 10:10 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Meanwhile, Fio is after Sarri and Unai has said that he won't leave Sevilla if they make CL.

Brocchi it is then.

#BringBackSeedorf
Based Bonera
Based Bonera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next