Nishankly
Curtinho
iftikhar
26 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2015 - Page 34 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2015

Post by McAgger Sun May 31, 2015 8:24 pm

Ilori, I'm sure will finally be given a chance this season and hopefully make a starting spot his own since he's better than both Lovren and Skrtel. Him and Sakho could make a beautiful partnership together.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun May 31, 2015 8:43 pm

^ I have a genuine question mate.

How can you conclude based on 12+9 = 21 appearances COMBINED in the last 2 seasons, that Ilori is a better CB than Skrtel ?

It just reeks of hyperbole and false assumptions. I just don't get it.

If Ilori was in our plans for next season, Toure/Wisdom extensions wouldn't have happened.

We'll see I guess.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun May 31, 2015 9:37 pm

Ilori certainly has not lived upto my expectations and no way he is better than Skrtel. Toure and Wisdom deals may not have much to do with Illori. I still believe Wisdom, Flana and Manquilo will share the RB spot together this season.

anyways, 3rd June is coming nearer.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun May 31, 2015 11:04 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:^ I have a genuine question mate.

How can you conclude based on 12+9 = 21 appearances COMBINED in the last 2 seasons, that Ilori is a better CB than Skrtel ?

If Ilori was in our plans for next season, Toure/Wisdom extensions wouldn't have happened.

We'll see I guess.

I have been preaching that Skrtel is shit for 3 years now. He's cost us points every season since Rodgers has taken over and I will never forgive last seasons defense for costing us the title.

People have forgotten how shit Skrtel was when Rodgers first took over leading to him being dropped for an 80 year old Carra. Then him absolutely jokingly being part of a defense that cost us the title last season scoring more own goals than any other player in history of the league.

Then this season being absolutely shit on a stick until December when we changed to 3 in the back and finally after 3 years he looked good for 12 GAMES . That's right he went right back to shit to end the season.

Ilori is injury prone which is the reason for him playing 15 (for Bordeaux) and 9 (for Granada). It's nothing to do with his quality. And I have watched most of those matches and I can safely tell you he's better than Lovren and Skrtel.

I watched Ilori shut down Barca's attack with Messi and co leading a pretty shitty Granada backline at the age of 20. Everytime he's gotten a run of games I've seen him show quality that Skrtel has only ever shown when defending for Rafa being shielded by Alonso and Masch and having a defensive minded fullback like Arbeloa next to him.

We'll see anyways. Rodgers can't spot talent if talent spit on him. He couldn't spot talent if his life depended on it. So I wouldn't be surprised if he still carried on playing Lovren and Skrtel as starters over Sakho and Ilori.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun May 31, 2015 11:34 pm

We'll see I guess.

And if ANYONE can claim to be an expert on hyperbole, false assumptions, and general conjecture, it's our dear Sepi here. I think you should listen to him.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:58 am

I can't blame any defender looking shit under a back 4 with Rodgers (cept Lovren since he's inept at doing the basics).

I really think even a Costacurta-Nesta-Cannavaro-Maldini defense would look a mess under Rodgers

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:27 am

Yeah it was Rodgers that made Skrtel score those own goals by mis-kicking the ball and make those terrible individual decisions.

Rodgers is at fault for the system and defensive tactics he employs so any those mistakes can be down to the system are his fault but our defenders are at fault for their own defensive mistakes. Skrtel being the biggest perpetrator in the past 3 years.

For example Moreno this season has been at fault for ball watching in about 8 or 9 goals we conceded. You can blame the system all you want but if you had more defensively capable LB those goals wouldn't happen in Rodgers system.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:50 am

I agree with this. Rodgers gets a lot of flack for his "defensive system" but in reality we have a lot of mistake prone defenders. Even Sakho.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:34 am

Don't call me James wrote:Yeah it was Rodgers that made Skrtel score those own goals by mis-kicking the ball and make those terrible individual decisions.

Rodgers is at fault for the system and defensive tactics he employs so any those mistakes can be down to the system are his fault but our defenders are at fault for their own defensive mistakes. Skrtel being the biggest perpetrator in the past 3 years.

For example Moreno this season has been at fault for ball watching in about 8 or 9 goals we conceded. You can blame the system all you want but if you had more defensively capable LB those goals wouldn't happen in Rodgers system.
care to name the own goals Skrtel scored by miskicking the ball or terrible errors ?? It's ridiculous that an absolute pork chop nobody like Ilori who has I repeat 33 senior matches under his belt in his entire career at age of 22 is deemed as the saviour of our defense and better than a veteran of the club in Martin Skrtel who's leading his country to Euros by keeping Diego Costa in his pocket, while Ilori can't even start for Portugal u21. It's an insult to Skrtel to even mention him in the same sentence as Ilori. Ilori belongs to Wisdom,Caulker, Boyota, etc brackets of this world. I guess that Carra lad was shite because he scored most number of own goals in PL history eh ??

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:35 am

El Cujo wrote:I agree with this. Rodgers gets a lot of flack for his "defensive system" but in reality we have a lot of mistake prone defenders. Even Sakho.
second most expensive defense in the world. 3 seasons, 141 goals conceded. Can't even say he hasn't been given money to upgrade this "so called" error prone defenders

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:37 am

This is the man that alienated Daniel Agger, forced him out of the club for peanuts, and thought Lovren could be our new Carra (paying 20M pounds for him to replace a much superior defender in Sakho). Not to mention he wanted to but Asjley freaking Williams instead of Sakho in 2013 Laughing

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:18 am

Don't call me James wrote:

We'll see I guess.

I have been preaching that Skrtel is shit for 3 years now. He's cost us points every season since Rodgers has taken over and I will never forgive last seasons defense for costing us the title.

People have forgotten how shit Skrtel was when Rodgers first took over leading to him being dropped for an 80 year old Carra. Then him absolutely jokingly being part of a defense that cost us the title last season scoring more own goals than any other player in history of the league.

Then this season being absolutely shit on a stick until December when we changed to 3 in the back and finally after 3 years he looked good for 12 GAMES . That's right he went right back to shit to end the season.

Ilori is injury prone which is the reason for him playing 15 (for Bordeaux) and 9 (for Granada). It's nothing to do with his quality. And I have watched most of those matches and I can safely tell you he's better than Lovren and Skrtel.

I watched Ilori shut down Barca's attack with Messi and co leading a pretty shitty Granada backline at the age of 20. Everytime he's gotten a run of games I've seen him show quality that Skrtel has only ever shown when defending for Rafa being shielded by Alonso and Masch and having a defensive minded fullback like Arbeloa next to him.

We'll see anyways. Rodgers can't spot talent if talent spit on him. He couldn't spot talent if his life depended on it. So I wouldn't be surprised if he still carried on playing Lovren and Skrtel as starters over Sakho and Ilori.

If this is a serious post you are down right deluded lmao
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:20 am

McY dont you think it is unfair to do such a selective comparison between Illori and Skrtel. I am sure you know about Illoris shit peroformances also. You can blame that on his age but that is exactly why right now Illori is no better than Skrtel.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:27 am

In around 48 hours we'll know who next manager for this upcoming season is.

Ignore every rumour from now until then. Smile
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:31 am

"If reality doesn't fit your preferences, ignore reality" is not a healthy mantra for life.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:38 am

The Times

Jonathan NorthcroftVerified account
‏@JNorthcroft
LFC assessing manager options before season review. Klopp one of them. Rodgers may v well survive but LFC seeing who's out there.

We're looking for a manager before we sack him.

Which is completely the right thing to do.

If his job was safe FSG would of came out and said it by now. His job IS on the line. His fate will come 2nd June. We won't be signing anyone until we know who's managing us next season.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:00 am

But in short term it helps :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:37 pm

It makes sense to make sure that we actually have an improvement to Rodgers if we're going to sack him, or someone that at least could be an improvement. It makes no sense just to sack him and then hope for the best with whoever we sign. If we're not getting Klopp I don't think there's a realistic option out there that would be worth the change at the moment.

That said, supposedly Klopp wanted Benteke to replace Lewandowski at Dortmund. But hey, Benteke is shit and all that. :coffee:
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:01 pm

The way I see it, Klopp told Pool's owners to give his colleague Rodgers until christmas, and if they still want to fire him then he's ready :coffee:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:19 pm

Supposedly Laughing

and Natalie Portman supposedly wanted me before opting for her husband.

Cujo thinks Sturridge is shit, yet bigs up Benteke as he's Batistuta rofl

Benteke is the Belgian Carroll.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:24 pm

Come on, Sep, Benteke is good, but he's not that good.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:33 pm

Andy Carroll: 59 goals in 215 games (20 of which are in the championship, in 54 games lol)
Christian Benteke: 49 goals in 99 games (for AV, in the PL)

Pretty much the same player. Laughing
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:07 pm

^ They are identical in style, both with horrible injury records due to their unprofessionality.

Also...remember Darren Bent scoring shit tons for PL teams Laughing...and Benteke takes penos too which skews his record, not to mention he has ZERO mobility...

If we sign Benteke as our first choice forward. Phil will be on the first plane to Barcelona first thing next summer. He won't put up with another season of being frustrated at non-runs and non-mobility of garbage players thanks to our incompetence in the market.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:15 pm

The excuse if we are linked/sign Brenda's son, Anton:

He knows the manager and his ideas inside out and will help get it across to everyone else. He'll help dressing room and will be a decent midfield back up option with Can leaving.

There'll be excuse with ANY PLAYER

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:04 pm

Since when does Benteke have no mobility?

Anyway, I'm actually more looking forward to see if Ings can earn himself a starting spot with Rodgers. He has pace, movement, work ethic and a nose for goal. He's not fancy, but if our wide players continue to progress they can be the real focal point of the team and having someone like Ings do the dirty work in front will open up space (not to mention he can play a pretty pass, and is strong).

I don't know I think the Ings signing, assuming it happens, might be a sleeper. I think I like him more for the spot than almost any of the strikers we've been linked with buying.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:47 pm

For 4 years in a row under Brenda we're targeting our 3rd-4th choice ST first before we even look at improving the first team. Borini, Aspas, Lambert, Ings.

el cujo quit making up reasonable arguments for those signings. Just like Fabio, Aspas and Ricky, Ings is going to be to be a shit signing. Buying average players gives average results.

Honestly, why can't we improve our first team thus rendering any player that was starting for us as squad depth. That's the best way to build a squad, even a goddam 5 year old would know that.

How are we so bad at this. Buying average players to fill up the squad with numbers doesn't do shit for anyone. The manager never plays those players anyways.

Improve the FIRST TEAM. Hell buying say Gundogan means moving Hendo or Lucas to the bench thus improving our squad depth as well as improving the first team. Buying Lacazette means moving Sturridge to the bench now all of a sudden our number 2 striker is a top player in Sturridge and not goddam Ings. ETC. Those are just examples but that is exactly how top teams build their squads. NOBODY actually buys shit players to fill up numbers except us.

It's only when it's impossible to improve on a certain player (i.e. Messi or Suarez) that you really have no choice but to get someone inferior to be on the bench in case these guys get injured. We are NOWHERE NEAR that yet and probably will never be.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next