Nishankly
Curtinho
iftikhar
26 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2015 - Page 35 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2015

Post by McAgger Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:47 pm

For 4 years in a row under Brenda we're targeting our 3rd-4th choice ST first before we even look at improving the first team. Borini, Aspas, Lambert, Ings.

el cujo quit making up reasonable arguments for those signings. Just like Fabio, Aspas and Ricky, Ings is going to be to be a shit signing. Buying average players gives average results.

Honestly, why can't we improve our first team thus rendering any player that was starting for us as squad depth. That's the best way to build a squad, even a goddam 5 year old would know that.

How are we so bad at this. Buying average players to fill up the squad with numbers doesn't do shit for anyone. The manager never plays those players anyways.

Improve the FIRST TEAM. Hell buying say Gundogan means moving Hendo or Lucas to the bench thus improving our squad depth as well as improving the first team. Buying Lacazette means moving Sturridge to the bench now all of a sudden our number 2 striker is a top player in Sturridge and not goddam Ings. ETC. Those are just examples but that is exactly how top teams build their squads. NOBODY actually buys shit players to fill up numbers except us.

It's only when it's impossible to improve on a certain player (i.e. Messi or Suarez) that you really have no choice but to get someone inferior to be on the bench in case these guys get injured. We are NOWHERE NEAR that yet and probably will never be.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:34 pm

Thing is...  you're assuming that Gundogan or Lacazette would leave their current clubs to come to Liverpool.  There's no chance with Lacazette and probably very little with Gundogan.

Neither of those players are going to leave for anything less than a CL playing club.  Lacazette is already being targeted by PSG and Atleti anyhow so i can't see that being an option in the future too.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:52 pm

For the love of god can people read a post before replying.

Stop taking me literally for once second. Just empty examples. Substitute player X and Player Y for Lacazette and Gundogan.

My point has NOTHING to do with Lacazette and Gundogan.

Just saying that if we buy Player X we should hope that X is better than whoever that is currently starting for us in their current position. Thus moving that player to the bench for depth and improving our starting eleven.

What we are currently doing is just buying average players to fill up squad numbers. And for some reason management thinks that makes sense yet all those squad players are useless during the season.

Out player turnover ratio is insanely high. Every effing year new deadwoods are bought to replace old deadwoods. Maybe just stop buying squad depth ffs.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:20 am

The fact that we're making JAMES MILNER our highest paid player at 165K/week tells us everything that's wrong with this club.

Evertonization club to completion.

Our starting XI at the start of next season is shaping up to be painfully average. I actually think Saints will have a better XI than us by August. We'll find out.

Henderson-Milner in a midfield 2 Laughing rofl

there is a reason Milner doesn't play in CM in elite teams. Because he isn't good enough. He's very good and useful on the wings, but he's becoming the highest paid player at this club to start games in CM. Next to "Captain" Henderson. Two completely alike players.

Bundles of energy, very little technical/turning ability. Coutinho will be our sole hope of any sort of midfield creativity ... YET AGAIN.

And tonight's news has basically confirmed Rodgers is staying.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:22 am

El Cujo wrote:Since when does Benteke have no mobility?

Anyway, I'm actually more looking forward to see if Ings can earn himself a starting spot with Rodgers. He has pace, movement, work ethic and a nose for goal. He's not fancy, but if our wide players continue to progress they can be the real focal point of the team and having someone like Ings do the dirty work in front will open up space (not to mention he can play a pretty pass, and is strong).

I don't know I think the Ings signing, assuming it happens, might be a sleeper. I think I like him more for the spot than almost any of the strikers we've been linked with buying.

You could basically copy paste Borini for Ings if Fabio wasn't our player based on his Sunderland performances.

Actually, Fabio turned out to be a leader in Sunderland's late escape, scoring crucial goals, whereas Ings went on a 11 game goal scoring drought from mid February to the day that Burnley's relegation was confirmed. Adding another bottler to a team of bottlers. Par !

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:30 am

I thought Milner played very well this year tbh. Assuming Sterling has to be sold, Milner is a capable replacement. I think he's currently better than Sterling tbh.

After that... Liverpool needs a front line attacking option. Maybe make a run at Higuain? He may accept given the state of Napoli. Being in EPL, he will get more exposure so it is a step up. Another option would be Carlos Bacca. I would also look at Gignac and Adriano if all else fails. They can do a job and they're free.

As far as CMs... Kondogbia may be an option if he falls through the cracks. According to his agent, he will not go to a big club just to sit on the bench. So he wants to start... that would make Liverpool a contender imo.

Schneiderlin is another that could be had for a price methinks unless a big club steps up.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:29 am

Milner on a free is a good signing and I'd wait at least until a contract is signed before deciding to know what wages he'll be on Rolling Eyes
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:38 am

Art Morte wrote:Milner on a free is a good signing and I'd wait at least until a contract is signed before deciding to know what wages he'll be on Rolling Eyes

To be fair, he won't come cheap.

He rejected 165k at City.

He wants first team, fair enough, but is he willing to take a 65k+ wage cut for first team football? Because I can't see that happening.

Like I said earlier, Milner will be a decent option with Gerrard going as he brings experience and is actually good. He is a top premier league player (the proven players you WANT us to sign; not one season wonders but that's for another time and thread.) But at the end of the day, James Milner is exactly like Jordan Henderson. Sepi isn't wrong. Anything over 6 digits would be stupid. Especially as he is getting to his advanced years and won't play for 5+ years.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:42 am

By the way, Milner is apparently our first signing of the season.

Everyone's reporting it.

Phil McNultyVerified account
‏@philmcnulty
See @_ChrisBascombe & @pjoyceexpress also expecting Liverpool to confirm Milner signing by the end of the week - which means it will happen.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/01/liverpool-james-milner-free-transfer-manchester-city

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32969999

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpool-fc-transfers-reds-close-9371702
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:10 am

Milner, Ings & Clyne under 20m pounds would be decent. Thumbs up
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:15 am

Fahim89 wrote:Milner, Ings & Clyne under 20m pounds would be decent. Thumbs up

And if we keep Rodgers too. Thumbs up
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:05 am

Fahim89 wrote:Milner, Ings & Clyne under 20m pounds would be decent. Thumbs up
Agreed, but that also depends on what type of wage Milner will be offered. Talking about him, where do you suppose he will play??? There's lot of talk that he will slot in Gerrard's role; but I think Milner has always played on the wings.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:15 pm

MILNER FFS DROPS 165K PER WEEK, GUARANTEED CL FOOTBALL TO COME A CLUB ARGUABLY IN CRISIS.

I know he'll probably sign for Arsenal or something but if he joins, He should be captain.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:33 pm

I'll say it again: Milner is a good signing. But I do enjoy seeing so many people getting upset about bringing him on when teams like City and Arsenal are prepared to offer him more money and guaranteed CL -- but he's choosing us (supposedly) and taking less money.

We could definitely have started the summer signings off worse. Let's see where else we go from here.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:13 pm

Apparently Milner & Ings are as good as done.

I like Milner but he keeps reminding me of Joe Cole.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:15 pm

Carra also talked about Milner being captain. And most likely he would prefer a CM role. But that's difficult to calculate considering he might be occupying the same role as that of Hendo scratch
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:34 pm

It would be a bit much to make a new arrival the captain.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:46 am

Ffs.

Milner is a good player, yes.
But his a f***** squad player at City. He was a utility player. Literally the same sort as Jordan Henderson.

Good signing yes, not exactly a savior.

And if his wages are anything over 140k we are an absolute joke.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:52 am

Now that the Rodgers Saga is over, the focus is firmly on our transfer targets and transfer mechanism. I will start by discussing four players who are most likely to end up with Liverpool.

Milner can be a shrewd piece of business provided he shows enough hunger and drive. His quality is beyond doubt and I’m even ready to disregard his (rumored) exorbitant wages if that matches his performances.

Ings can be another shrewd piece of business provided we have a real quality striker to spearhead our attack. Eleven EPL goals is a good return for a 22-year old and he can be a good option to have, on the bench.

Clyne is another gamble. I would rather have a 29-year old with 4-5 good seasons than a 24-year old with one good/great season. Clyne (like Moreno, Markovic) is a good option if they are pushing a peer for starting slot and not is the lynchpin himself.

Benteke is a good player. But only if he is playing alongside someone like Suarez. No way is he the quality to spearhead the attack of CL-aspiring team. Lot can be (and most certainly, will be) said about the availability of a true quality striker given our present status. I believe it’s practical to (over) spend 40 million for a 30 million rated player than (over) spending 30 million for a 20 million rated player.

Rodgers’s choice of players needs to be seriously scrutinized. If I consider Lovren, Lallana, Allen and Borini as his choices; only Lallana has shown and holds any promise.

FSG needs to dump their ‘buying for future’ policy. Buying a 29-year old freebie isn’t enough either. They need to seriously and aggressively target 25-26 year old players with 3-4 seasons under their belt.

I really don’t buy the ‘we don’t have the attractiveness for proven players’ joke. Even if we disregard the 10-12 clubs in French, German, Italian and Spanish leagues that have more or less guaranteed CL; is anyone going to suggest that the remaining 60-65 clubs don’t have 3-4 players with proven quality?

Quality over Quantity
Performance over Potential
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:21 am

Milner is a good signing when you already have a team full of world class players and are looking for hard working role players to add consistent good performances and do the dirty work.

He's NOT, however, going to be a difference maker to take us to top 4 or let alone ever want to challenge for the title unless the next step is us buying Suarez or Messi.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:38 am

Don't call me James wrote:Milner is a good signing when you already have a team full of world class players and are looking for hard working role players to add consistent good performances and do the dirty work.

He's NOT, however, going to be a difference maker to take us to top 4 or let alone ever want to challenge for the title unless the next step is us buying Suarez or Messi.

This...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:48 am

Milner on a free is a good signing for you, period.

Because reality check, you don't have a team 'full of world class players' and won't have it even with the shrewdest of transfer windows.

That's not Milner's fault, and you could just as well argue he's a good signing to provide decent experienced quality for a team that relies heavily on young talent. A function which Gerrard won't perform in the future (and didn't last season).

Don't see how signing him on a free impedes going for other targets which could be a clearer improvement, whether that happens or not.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:53 am

How is he a good signing at 150k ffs? Laughing

Again, he's EXACTLY like Jordan Henderson.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:34 am

Milner a joke at over 140k, but sterling at 150 is okay...
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:49 am

Milner and Henderson are nothing alike besides having a very high work rate. Especially since Milner mostly has played in an attacking role his entire career.

Don't bother Hans, those two will literally find anything to bitch about right now.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:15 pm

You kidding me Milner isnt alike Hendo, He's got better control than Henderson and more pace. He can even beat a full back on pace. These attributes make him more versatile.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next