Bankz
LeSwagg James
BarrileteCosmico
Winter is Coming
Great Leader Sprucenuce
77 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 5 Empty Re: The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:31 am

Close to having the most assists in CL as well

:bow:

Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 5 Empty Re: The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:21 am

Messi finally caught up with Ronaldo at the league top scorer position :bow:

How did Ronaldo lose a 9 goal margin? Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:54 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

He really stopped doing anything after he won the ballon d'or, didn't he?
Except getting himself sent off once.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:29 pm

Penalties dried up for one.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:08 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

He really stopped doing anything after he won the ballon d'or, didn't he?
Except getting himself sent off once.

He was crap before december. Bar the European super cup he literally did nothing in Madrids big wins. Best player indeeed.

CL final - flopped again
Copa final - Wasn't even playing
Spanish super cup: Flopped in both legs
CWC: Did zilch

Penalties: He did well by me.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:21 pm

CR is really not the level of a player people think of him as. They need to stop comparing him to the goat.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:28 pm

Don't call me James wrote:CR is really not the level of a player people think of him as. They need to stop comparing him to the goat.

There will never be 1 GOAT in a team sport. Messi is one of the GOATs for sure.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:46 pm

Don't call me James wrote:CR is really not the level of a player people think of him as. They need to stop comparing him to the goat.

Most people know he's no Messi when Messi is like this tbf. Sure there's some idiots out there who don't really understand the sport but more than 95% of people know the difference.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:48 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Most people know he's no Messi when Messi is like this tbf. Sure there's some idiots out there who don't really understand the sport but more than 95% of people know the difference.

Shooting a bit high. From the clowns I interact with, I'd say the number is closer to 40%.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:57 pm

It does seem like that i know and the same for me but when you take the whole world into consideration the number is distorted.

Either way most people on here know that Messi at his best is untouchable and its not even something that needs discussing.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:58 pm

jibers wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Shooting a bit high. From the clowns I interact with, I'd say the number is closer to 40%.

this
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:24 pm

There usually just Ronaldo fans and people who feel sympathy for him, if you take the fan bases out and speak to individual (neutrals) majority would side with Messi. Even look at quotes of some of the greats, Ronaldo is usually praised by either Portuguese/Madrid/United people and Messi received many from people who aren't really associated with his club/country. Even when Ronaldo wins the Ballon D'or people still acknowledged Messi as the best the game has seen.

I remember debating with this one guy he's like "Ronaldo had to work so hard to reach this level yada yada yada and Messi was gifted with his"

Its like these people think Messi sits at home eating potato chips and watching Law and Order.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:29 pm

Who says he doesn't hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:30 pm

My sources on Tumblr confirmed Messi has Beef Jerky and watches Ouran High School Host Club.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:31 pm

Laughing
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:47 pm

Tbf even most Madrid fans accept Messi as the superior player in general. Of course GL isn't representative but pretty much every Madrid supporter here calls Messi the better player as far as I can see, even the likes of Valk and FennecFox7 who are big Ronaldo supporters. I have the feeling it's usually Manchester United fans who obsess over Ronado the most. Mainly because they are shit now and associate their peak times in the past with Ronaldo aka nostalgia. They had a poll not so long ago on RedCafe if they'd take Ronaldo or Messi for current United. Result was 43 % Ronaldo and 15 % Messi. Some of the arguments were the typical cliché Premface redneck "something something pace something something Messi in the EPL would struggle something something more physical" type of arguments. Like this:

Ronaldo, we need pace, he's quicker than Messi.
Also, Messi's best form has always been in tikitaka sides

Ronaldo because you just know he could come in and basically do what he's doing right now for Madrid because he's already done it here.

Messi - Whilst exciting he's even being linked with the Premier League, for me there's always that question mark with him in how would he do in the Premier League, personally I don't think he'd be as influential as he is at Barcelona and I don't think he'd even reach the same heights Ronaldo did here.

Obviously Ronaldo - already knows the league, more physical than Messi, better in the air, arguably faster.

Laughing

Here: http://www.redcafe.net/threads/who-will-be-best-fit-for-current-united-messi-or-ronaldo.400116/

Maybe Redcafe isn't fully representative either although I feel such a big, English speaking community of an English club does somewhat reflect the fanbase pretty nicely. Certainly better than a niche forum like GL.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:39 pm

Messi beats Pele’s goals scoring record for consecutive 6 seasons

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 5 Consecutive-goal-scoring
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:56 pm

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 5 B_vdgY_WQAEvdb5
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:12 pm

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 5 2yfE9GX

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 5 AiMEE8E

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club II - Page 5 Y2mdqSZ
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:07 pm

I enjoy watching this Messi more than all of his other seasons since 2008-09.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pseudo Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:34 pm

Harmonica are you Bada Bing from Bigsoccer? Very Happy
Pseudo
Pseudo
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:37 pm

Pseudo wrote:Harmonica are you Bada Bing from Bigsoccer? Very Happy

He is Laughing
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:38 pm

What fussball said. I just have problems when people compare ronaldo to nubs like bayern's gomez and other poachers Laughing Cause he can do more then score
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:41 am

Its difficult for me to choose which version of Messi i like more. He now a days does a lot of things in the mid and attacking thrid other than scoring goals. He can entertain you with many different ways. However that Messi was pure joy to watch for his speed and constant dribbling. I like the goals of 08-09 versions, those are fantastic but now his assists are more beautiful than hos goals.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:44 am

neuro11 wrote:Its difficult for me to choose which version of Messi i like more. He now a days does a lot of things in the mid and attacking thrid other than scoring goals. He can entertain you with many different ways. However that Messi was pure joy to watch for his speed and constant dribbling. I like the goals of 08-09 versions, those are fantastic but now his assists are more beautiful than hos goals.

Stp deceiving yourself. Messi does the same pass every game, diagonals to fbs or wingers. You're telling me that those passes are more beautiful than his 'goal of the century'? Yea okay bud.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:27 am

Harmonica, what happened to that other dribble Messi made in the second half?

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next