McAgger
Jonathan28
zigra
urbaNRoots
BarrileteCosmico
25 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 12 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by urbaNRoots Tue May 26, 2015 4:28 pm

http://watchersonthewall.com/game-of-thrones-season-6-casting-has-begun-and-heres-the-list/

Euron and Randyll Tarly with family confirmed for Season 6, this is huge news!!!!!!

There are other roles GoT are looking for, Septon Meribald and 3 kids which looks like a flashback.

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 12 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by free_cat Tue May 26, 2015 4:54 pm

Aegon Targaryen won't appear on the show you think?

Then his role in the book is as good as gone, in the big picture of things. Perhaps he is not really the Aegon Targaryen as some pointed out.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue May 26, 2015 5:11 pm

I'm still waiting on Trystane being revealed as Aegon, if that doesn't happen he's as good as gone. There's simply not enough time for both Euron/Aegon imo. Euron will cause havoc in the South until Dany arrives in Westeros.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue May 26, 2015 5:17 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:http://watchersonthewall.com/game-of-thrones-season-6-casting-has-begun-and-heres-the-list/

Euron and Randyll Tarly with family confirmed for Season 6, this is huge news!!!!!!

There are other roles GoT are looking for, Septon Meribald and 3 kids which looks like a flashback.

Pirate,  man in his 40’s to late 50’s. He’s “an infamous pirate who has terrorized seas all around the world. Cunning, ruthless, with a touch of madness.” He’s a dangerous-looking man. A very good part this season.

EUROONNNNNNNNN *bleep* YESSSS :bow:

Father. Aged 50’s to 60’s, he’s one of the greatest soldiers in Westeros- a humorless martinet, severe and intimidating. He demands martial discipline in the field and in his home. It’s described as “a very good part” for next year and that he’s “centrally involved” in a protagonist’s storyline.

Mother, in her 50’s. She’s a sweet, plump, and adoring mother, and has a soft spot for one of her children who benefits from her decency.

Sister, in her early 20s. She’s a kind, friendly and unpretentious woman.

Brother, in his early to mid-20’s . Athletic, a good hunter, an excellent swordsman, manly, not particularly bright but the favourite child of the father.

The Tarly family obviously .Randyl, Dickon, Sam's mother and Sam's sister. This confirms to me that Sam will meet his family in TWOW. Also on Randyll Tarly  being very involved, hmm. Jon Con told that Aegon has "friends on the Reach", I always thought of those friends being Tarly with the Hightowers a distant second. Aegon is cut so maybe the Tarly family will back Dany.

Priest, in his 40’s or 50’s. A gruff ex-soldier who found religion. Now a no-nonsense rural priest who ministers to the poor of the countryside. He’s salt-of-the-earth man who has weathered many battles.

Septon Meribald Proud His broken man speech is the best piece of literature in the entire ASOIAF series. It would be a crime if he's not on the show. Hopefully he is there to reintroduce the newly repentant Hound as the Faith's champion Molenation #GetHype

Leading Actress, in her early 40’s, she’s an elegant actress with a traveling theatre company. Fun, charismatic, rum-drinking actress in the troupe.

Priestess. Mid-20’s to early 30’s. Any ethnicity- she’s beautiful, intense, and magnetic.

Fierce Warrior, a tall man in 30’s or 40’s with a powerful physique. They’re looking for someone with “mixed ethnicity” for the role.

No idea on the actress. Could be part of the mummer's show Arya is apprenticing in TWOW? Priestess and Warrior, hmm late entry for Septa Lemore and Brown Ben Plumm? Meribald and Euron is appearing a season late.

A large boy, with an actor who is 10-12 but playing 7 or 8. He’s described as “a clever boy” who seems too large for his age. He’s big and tall but not fat. “Characterful squat features” are a plus for this part. it’s specified that this is a one-time appearance.

12 year old boy, with brown hair and blue eyes. He needs to use a Northern accent. He has scenes where he has to spar with a wooden sword.The length of the role isn’t specified.

7 year old boy with dark brown hair, a narrow face and green eyes. He also has a Northern accent. He also spars with the wooden sword, so it’s safe to assume it’s the same scene. This role is similarly open-ended, the description only stating that the character is being ‘introduced.’

This is quite clearly Brandon, Ned and DaarioBenjen. Weirwood.net flashbacks obviously.

Last edited by M99 on Tue May 26, 2015 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue May 26, 2015 5:20 pm

That Euron description just shows what a cool character he is, holy shit :bow:

And haven't even thought of Sandor Clegane, I miss that man! Cleganebowl is on, get hype!!!!
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 26, 2015 5:44 pm

Septon Maribald can only mean one thing... WHAT IS HYPE MAY NEVER DIE!
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 27, 2015 1:40 am

free_cat wrote:Aegon Targaryen won't appear on the show you think?

Then his role in the book is as good as gone, in the big picture of things. Perhaps he is not really the Aegon Targaryen as some pointed out.
I think it just means that he won't sit on the Iron Throne come the end of the book, but I think he will have a big role to play in the next 2 books.

Who thinks the Battle of Winterfell will happen this season? There are some previews with Stannis' face covered in blood and same with Ramsay, but we haven't seen any scenes of Baratheon vs Bolton. Usually Epi 9 has a huge battle, and that's the expectation by everyone I think, but I'm not sure if we'll see a huge battle. Especially if we consider that the next episode will also have one at Hardhome.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed May 27, 2015 6:38 am

OK after some more analysis on the casting call.

I'm pretty sure the three kids are Robert, Brandon and Ned as opposed to Brandon, Ned and Benjen. Robert is the kid large for his age, Brandon is the 12 year old Northerner with blue eyes and Ned is the 7 year old Northerner with green eyes. Remember, Sean Bean has green eyes.

And I just remembered that the Elder Brother used to be a soldier too. I don't care whether it's him, Meribald, a new character or Moon Boy for all I know but he needs to have the Broken Men speech.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed May 27, 2015 12:02 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:I'm still waiting on Trystane being revealed as Aegon, if that doesn't happen he's as good as gone. There's simply not enough time for both Euron/Aegon imo. Euron will cause havoc in the South until Dany arrives in Westeros.

Trystane Martell being Aegon? How could that be possible...

It pretty much confirms that Aegon of the books is fake and he is not the real Aegon targaryen and he won't go anywhere.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 27, 2015 12:26 pm

Well, there's a lot of evidence suggesting that he's a fake already... but not being in the TV series doesn't confirm anything, because even if he were a true Targ theres' no guarantee that he would become succesful by the end of the series (and thus be important to the ending, which they're apparently not changing).
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed May 27, 2015 4:47 pm

i am still not buying that Aegon's fake tbh , i guess i simply don't see it . What this theory has going on for Faegon is pretty much clutching at straws to be honest. But who knows , maybe the faegon believers are right in the end.

As for the show , yea we can probably forget about Aegon , and even if he's coming / somehow he's 'Trystane' , oh well , i can't say i've noticed / read about any hints or anything .

Loved the 7th episode . Very good stuff , but i was utterly dissapointed with Theon really. That fear in him . Even the thought of betraying Ramsey makes him shiver.

Dany Tyrion i thought it was an exciting moment , but still a moment. Can't wait for more. I generally can't wait for more GoT . The scene with the Sandsnakes and Bronn Proud . 10/10 tits , would bang her till the end of days

Curious to see what will happen with Brienne and Pod . Not sure if i liked their arc this season but it may redeem itself later on. Arya ...hmm , i don't really care to see what happens there tbh.

Seems all the best stuff is in the north . Next 3 episodes can't come soon enough . I am also particularly curious to see what will happen with Melissandre and Shireen .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed May 27, 2015 7:08 pm

There are certain problems concerning the fAegon theory, but I'm a believer.

I just heavily dislike the Blackfyre angle, honestly for the story it would be better if he was real.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu May 28, 2015 5:41 pm

Even if he is a Blackfyre , in my honest opinion , we will never know , we won't get confirmation about it .
There's no chance someone will come forth and somehow actually prove Aegon is a Blackfyre.

Red or a black dragon , regardless who knows the truth , there will be those who will doubt his legitimacy , that is 100% certain . So if he's a Blackfyre , those who know who he really is , will never ever come forth to confirm/prove it , effectively making our chances to know about it for sure almost 0%. Who could know?? Illyrio and a few in the Golden Company. Varys could know as well , but nothing , absolutely nothing indicates towards that .

As far as we can tell , all of Varys , Aegon himself and Jon Connington , all believe this is Aegon Targaryen , son of Rhaegar . Inb4 Varys never said Aegon Targaryen . Alright . So Faegon subscribers use that to their advantage , but that's strange to me. They seem to use the biggest flaw in the fAegon theory as some sort of possible evidence . So , Varys' confesion in Kevan Lannister's murder. According to the faegon theory , this is even more 'evidence' because Varys never says Targaryen . As if he needed to say that to Kevan to make him understand . But this isn't even the argument , the talk is Varys never says Targaryen because GRRM plays with the words again , he's sneaking it past us . ye sure . This is the reason more than half of all the theories are and will be proven wrong in the end , because they assume too much , too often .

Varys basically does what villains do in many tales , where after having almost secured their rival's death they get arrogant and want to crush their rivals in both body and mind , so then they reveal their secret card to the hero of said story . Only this time there was no hero involved and no villain and no dumb ex machina saving the character at the last second and altering / destroying the bad guy's plans . The reasons for the reveal weren't to crash his spirit either , but it was in respect to Kevan by Varys in his last moments . In the end however , it is the exact , copy-paste scenario .

Neglecting all of this and saying , ha , " he never said Targaryen , nice try Varys. oh and Varys always lies , Blackfyre confirmed ". well no reason to lie there , sorry count me out

Also , something last but not least in importance. Many subscribers see this obvious flaw but try to work around it by saying Illyrio has played Varys. Illyrio , has played Varys , and he doesn't know that this Aegon is a Blackfyre . It can't be just me who thinks this is lame right? Like , no matter the mastermind one is , no matter how resourcefull and cunning , regardless of the power he commands , everybody needs at least that one person on his side , that one friend who he can trust and count upon . We know that's Illyrio and Varys has no other friend . Tyrion ain't his 'friend' , just an important means to a goal. But according for the faegon theory to be confirmed , Varys has no friend either . Who would've guessed . Yeah , i can't see that being legit , sorry . The most evil characters , the most wretched and wicked , the meanest of c*nts have someone , at least one , on their side. Are we supposed to believe Varys in his entire life had nobody trully close to him ? That all his life had been a lie and all his life's work was actually a lie too? hmm i don't see Illyrio as such a person. Varys and Illyrio deserve each other for sure , both in a good and a bad sense , but it really really doesn't feel one of them would go against the other. They owe each other everything they are , their entire lives. To even think Illyrio would betray Varys like that is at the very least preposterous . What it really is , is lame and i trully believe GRRM would never do that.  

There's absolutely no way anybody in this world of ASOIAF , can make it so far and plan so big and for so long , being on their own and certainly not when they are being played for so many years . NO.WAY.

If you want to complicate things and talk about Varys and Illyrio's true motives , well then , you could start making a case that , not Illyrio , but Varys isn't all he says he is and he is a Targaryen . I can't see any other reason The Mad King trusted a stranger from the other side of the world , unless he knew Varys was a Targaryen descendant . And it would also explain many things if Varys is coming from some bastard Targaryen line and why Illyrio helps him. Varys made him one of the biggest players in the East , he became a magister and gained a life out of nothing. He could never have even imagined this life if not for Varys . It's only normal Illyrio would pay this .. life gift , back in kind. And there's still the talk about Illyrio's wife being Varys's sister , so you can see why they two of them would have such a strong bond between them , to the point they plan the fate of a continent. But sure , let's say Illyrio double-played Varys because faegon. Get real .

I mean , even if Varys or Illyrio is a Blackfyre and even if Aegon is a blackfyre too . Aside the fact they are basically Targaryens Laughing , maybe they just don't care anymore??? Maybe they want to close that hole and reunite the House of Targaryen ? The Blackfyre house has died out , in spite of survivors . To even think people like Varys and Illyrio don't get how Blackfyres can't openly exist anymore but still going for it , it's simply preposterous for the characters. Even if their plan is to win and get revenge in secret , just in honor of their house and ancestors. These two REALLY don't strike me for this kind. But using the Targaryen dynasty to get the one TRUE king in both metaphorical (like they believed they have trained one) and in a literal sense , like the last heir of the Targaryen dynasty ? that i can buy actually. Especially if one of them is also a descendant of the House Targaryen.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu May 28, 2015 7:11 pm

wrote too much again didn't i hmm

tl:dr : Faegon theory is full of shit , come at me bros
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 28, 2015 7:41 pm

Final episode name and synopsis released, looks like no Battle of Winter this season
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu May 28, 2015 9:40 pm

Pls link bru.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 28, 2015 10:17 pm

I just cannot ignore all the evidence on Aegon being a Blackfyre.

He forged a new sign for the yard, a three-headed dragon of black iron that he hung from a wooden post. The beast was so big it had to be made in a dozen pieces, joined with rope and wire. When the wind blew it would clank and clatter, so the inn became known far and wide as the Clanking Dragon."
"Is the dragon sign still there?" asked Podrick.
"No," said Septon Meribald. "When the smith's son was an old man, a bastard son of the fourth Aegon rose up in rebellion against his trueborn brother and took for his sigil a black dragon. These lands belonged to Lord Darry then, and his lordship was fiercely loyal to the king. The sign of the black iron dragon made him wroth, so he cut down the post, hacked the sign to pieces, and cast them into the river. One of the dragon's heads washed up on the Quiet Isle many years later, though by that time it was red with rust."

Yeah right, that is just a random passage. No effin way.

And I read the old ADWD drafts and I agree with people who say GRRM edited it because it was too clear Aegon is a Blackfyre. I'll try to look for it again but there was a lot of exposition of the Blackfyres on the chapter and Tyrion overheard Ilyrio whispering about "the sword" which is obviously the sword Blackfyre which was last seen with Bittersteel. There's also the matter of Golden Company, a small boy's clothes that Tyrion wears in Illyrio's house, young Illyrio's statue description sounding a lot like Aegon, Daenerys's vision on the cloth dragon. Can't ignore all the foreshadowing.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 28, 2015 10:20 pm

zigra wrote:Pls link bru.

http://watchersonthewall.com/final-two-game-of-thrones-episodes-of-the-season-titles-and-synopses-revealed/

The amount of people that think that Mother's Mercy = LSH Laughing My god, it's like this fanbase purposely sets itself up to be disappointed. It's obviously a reference to Cersei's punishment, I think Pope Francis even mentioned the exact phrase on the last episode.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 28, 2015 10:29 pm

Alright Dante let's boil down your argument. Basically you're saying that:

Varys never said he's a Targ, therefore he's a Blackfyre.

Okay, I agree that's a pretty dumb argument. Next.

The only way for this to work is for Illyrio to play Varys.

I'm confused as to how you reach this conclusion. The entire plan is impossible without Varys. If he were a Targ then Varys would have been the one to swap the childs. Varys would thus completely know whether he's a Targ or not.

But I agree with your first paragraphs:

Dante:

It doesn't matter if he's a Targ or a Blackfyre because there's no way to prove it. What matters is that this ambiguity will be used against him when he invades Westeros. People that will not support him will try to discredit him by calling him a pretender or Blackfyre whereas supporters will claim he is a Targ.

I agree with m99 that he's likelier to be a Blackfyre, but it doesn't really matter, because red or black a dragon is still a dragon.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 28, 2015 11:03 pm

Episode 10 is called Mother's Mercy

AFFC Appendix wrote:LADY STONEHEART, a hooded woman, sometimes called MOTHER MERCY, THE SILENT SISTER, and THE HANGWOMAN,

Oh for *bleep* sake, D&D has to be fcking with us now
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 28, 2015 11:14 pm

Oh please, not you too M99?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 28, 2015 11:16 pm

Just imagine if it's lady stoneheart saving Sansa...

Even I will forgive DnD for that fan fiction
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 28, 2015 11:18 pm

I've made my peace with it, she is not coming to the show. They said it and Michelle Fairley being on the set would not have been kept quiet. But the episode name ffs, I refuse to believe it was not intentional. Selyse will probably burn Shireen or Daenerys will do some shit (pun intended).

Also on Aegon, TWOIAF established there were quite a few Targ descendants on Essos through Aegon V/Egg's sisters and also Aerion Brightflame had some bastards. Some people think Aegon might be descended from them but I am rock solid on him being a Blackfyre :coffee:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 28, 2015 11:24 pm

The episode name is a blatant reference to the seven though, not to LSH. I feel like people are graping at straws only to be disappointed, we already went through that with the 10 days of xmas Sad (But the last day is the first day of winter! TWOW must be released then!)

I have been burned too hard to go through this hype cycle again
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri May 29, 2015 1:05 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
zigra wrote:Pls link bru.

http://watchersonthewall.com/final-two-game-of-thrones-episodes-of-the-season-titles-and-synopses-revealed/

The amount of people that think that Mother's Mercy = LSH Laughing My god, it's like this fanbase purposely sets itself up to be disappointed. It's obviously a reference to Cersei's punishment, I think Pope Francis even mentioned the exact phrase on the last episode.

Thank you.
But couldn't "Stannis marches" be the attack? Why mention it otherwise? I mean if he just keeps marching that's quite.. useless?
Though to be fair I don't really like overly packed episodes and the walk of shame, ides of Olly and Battle of Winterfell all in one episode seem quite a lot.

Btw just imagine Jon and Stannis getting killed in the final episode Laughing only scrubs left.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 29, 2015 1:50 am

That's the way it is in the books, right? Marches implies movement but not fighting. It would make sense and I think D&D said the show wouldn't spoil TWOW. But I think quite a few people would be disappointed that the Battle of Winterfell won't be until S6, everyone is expecting it because the show has conditioned us for a big battle by episode 9.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next