McAgger
Jonathan28
zigra
urbaNRoots
BarrileteCosmico
25 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 11 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by RealGunner Thu May 21, 2015 9:45 pm

Skimmed the first 3 and read the last one

Thought some of the parts were a bit off but his theory is interesting regarding the tattered prince and Dany turning into a psuedo-villain towards the end of TWOW

But if she lands on dragon stone in the final chapter then I won't be happy.

Waiting 6 books for her to come to westeros, she still doesn't come and we have to wait till 7th? Laughing

but then, TWOW is mostly going to be about Jon, Sansa, North and Cersei imo

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 11 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by urbaNRoots Thu May 21, 2015 10:06 pm

Should Dany take another book to sack 4 cities in total then I'll not be surprised if there's an 8th book waiting to be written.

For example going to Pentos seems absolutely uneccessary, she has a fleet, she knows from Tyrion that fAegon is in Westeros with Illyrio, that's her next step. The Tattered Prince will most likely be killed by Dany after the battle, why should she care about him?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 21, 2015 10:06 pm

I mean, GRRM has already stated "Tyrion and Dany will spend most of TWOW apart" which to me means that she won't come back to Meereen for most of the book... I think it very unlikely she will make it to Westeros in the next book.

I remember being pissed at the end of ADWD that she had not at least sailed to Westeros.

No way the series is finished in 7. It will be 8, maybe 9.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 21, 2015 10:12 pm

I hope there are more. Really do.

But that just means the show will spoil the end game :facepalm:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 21, 2015 10:25 pm

If Season 5 came out before AFFC, would you really have been spoiled? Jaime's arc simply doesn't exist. Brienne's arc doesn't exist. Cersei's is significantly different, although similar. The ironborn arc doesn't exist. The dorne arc is similar yet different in important ways.

The show is it's own thing. A high budget reimagination, sometimes better, often worse, although in a much more engaging medium.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu May 21, 2015 10:27 pm

The show will spoil the ending anyway, Martin isn't finishing the 7th book until 2020 atleast.

I hope there aren't more, I don't want to be a dick but there's the chance that he never finishes it if he takes any longer.

I remember him saying that he will cut some side plots and storylines because it got a bit crazy in the last 2 books. No one cares about Rosby's ward for example Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 21, 2015 10:30 pm

The journeys are different, but the end games will most likely be the same. As GRRM keeps saying "two tales of the same story"

I don't want to be spoiled by the show when they eventually finish it after degrading the story further and further for the next 2 years and giving us the end game which could be what GRRM intends but presented in a horrible way.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu May 21, 2015 10:59 pm

Maybe he changes his idea and does another ending :coffee: Personally I doubt he signed a contract that binds him to do it the way he told D&D.
Nah of course he won't change it (though maybe hmm).

Don't like it because the show isn't half as good as the books but it will spoiler us. We have to deal with it.

RealGunner wrote:The journeys are different, but the end games will most likely be the same. As GRRM keeps saying "two tales of the same story"

Considering what Benioff did to the Ilias "two tales of the same story" could mean anything. Might be enough to have dragons and a character called Jon Snow in it hmm
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat May 23, 2015 3:46 pm

So what can we expect in the following episodes?

Cercei gets arrested
Stannis struggles with a snowstorm on his way to winterfell
Jon goes to Hardhome to get the wildlings, hopefully we get to see the "dead things in the water"
Daenerys marries
Tyrion and Jorah arrive in Meereen, Jorah signs up for the fighting pits, Tyrion makes his way to Dany somehow
Daenerys reopens pits, someone gets poisoned, Drogon comes back
Cersei's walk of shame
Ides of Olly
Doran's "Fire and Blood" speech
Theon & Sansa escape to Stannis camp?
Battle of Ice between Boltons and Stannis
Varys kills Kevan
Cersei's trial by combat

Not sure if the last one will make it to this season

But it looks like a strong last 4 episodes, mainly because no Dorne plot is left
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 23, 2015 3:51 pm

Not sure if they will do Varys and Kevan thing tbh.

Agreed with rest of it

Doran's fire n blood speech will be bad since literally no one even likes him in the show (he has been on for 2 minutes overall). And the speech makes no sense without the relevant context which happened in the books.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat May 23, 2015 3:58 pm

Sand Snakes talk Trystane into marrying Myrcella and naming her queen of Westeros, they are about to undergo a secret marriage when Doran stops it and arrests Trystane. After a few weeks, Trystane is allowed to visit his father and he declares his love to her. Doran talks him about what the Lannisters did to his sister and that a secret marriage pact was made with "Fire and Blood".

Shitty, but still better than the sand snakes.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat May 23, 2015 6:03 pm

I don't know about Battle of Ice. There have been no signs of it in the trailer and I'm pretty sure the trailers would have had a battle. The battle of this season will be at Hardhome. Maybe Brienne will kill Stannis and Mel will try to use Shireen to resurrect him but instead resurrects Jon.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 23, 2015 6:15 pm

But that would mean Jon being killed this season. Wouldn't that be too soon?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat May 23, 2015 6:15 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:So what can we expect in the following episodes?

Cercei gets arrested
Stannis struggles with a snowstorm on his way to winterfell
Jon goes to Hardhome to get the wildlings, hopefully we get to see the "dead things in the water"
Daenerys marries
Tyrion and Jorah arrive in Meereen, Jorah signs up for the fighting pits, Tyrion makes his way to Dany somehow
Daenerys reopens pits, someone gets poisoned, Drogon comes back
Cersei's walk of shame
Ides of Olly
Doran's "Fire and Blood" speech
Theon & Sansa escape to Stannis camp?
Battle of Ice between Boltons and Stannis
Varys kills Kevan
Cersei's trial by combat

Not sure if the last one will make it to this season

But it looks like a strong last 4 episodes, mainly because no Dorne plot is left

Agreed with all but I don't have hopes for a full Battle of Winterfell,   battle between Stannis/Ramsay is definitely happening (both actors were seen bloodied in interviews from the set), something similar to the coming Hosteen vs Stannis battle in the books. Yeah Cersei's trial will be S6 stuff aswell. By the way we could get a Loras vs The Mountainstein replay next season... which is kinda COOL.

Other big moments that will/can happen (big... atleast for me Laughing)

Ser Robert Strong reveal
Viserion/Rhaegal escaping
Maester Aemon's death (omg Sad)
Arya going Mercy on Meryn Trant
Trystane being revealed as Aegon (yes I still foolishly believe that, Varys doesn't make sense if it's not)
King Balon Greyjoy's death (Yes I believe that too Laughing)
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat May 23, 2015 6:58 pm

Btw GRRM didn't read a new chapter at the convention, just Alayne I.

I keep getting trolled by the man.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 23, 2015 7:08 pm

He needs to stop releasing chapters and just release the next book

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon May 25, 2015 11:05 am

Are they actually trying to retcon Balons leech? hmm

Oh and I was sure Olly would stab Jon but I'm not 100% sure anymore he get's stabbed at all. Can see him die at Hardhome tbh as I fully expect him to "die" this season and as he just started the expedition with 3 episodes left (and one being about the DoD).
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon May 25, 2015 2:48 pm

zigra wrote:Are they actually trying to retcon Balons leech? hmm

Oh and I was sure Olly would stab Jon but I'm not 100% sure anymore he get's stabbed at all. Can see him die at Hardhome tbh as I fully expect him to "die" this season and as he just started the expedition with 3 episodes left (and one being about the DoD).

Jon will return to Castle Black in E9 according to the synopsis so he doesn't die there. He's still getting Olly'd. Next episode will be very Hardhome-heavy, like 20 minutes with a wildlings/wights/white walkers/Nights King fight.

I can see Balon Greyjoy dying by the end of the season and a small scale Greyjoy arc in S6 (Euron included but no Victarion/Aeron). I'm expecting to see Yara (Asha) to turn up in the Iron Islands and not in the North so we can have a familiar face when Balon is killed Proud
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 25, 2015 4:31 pm

"Egg I dreamed I was old" Glad they kept that line.

And finally, though in a different medium, Tyrion meets Dany.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 26, 2015 2:26 am

F it, decided to watch anyways.

Hate sansa's arc so much.

Tyrion-Daenerys scene was underwhelming tbh. Not liking them together.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 26, 2015 3:30 am

They had 15 seconds together Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 26, 2015 3:32 am

Don't like the idea

Seems to sudden

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 26, 2015 3:34 am

Would you rather have him spend a book and a half around Meereen but never actually meeting her? hmm
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue May 26, 2015 8:44 am

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/24/game-thrones-tyrion-dany-meet

To have them come so close together this season then have them not meet felt incredibly frustrating.

Creatively it made sense to us, because we wanted it to happen.

While I liked the moment, it looks more and more like D&D is writing their own fanfiction. "Our fav characters get so close to meet but they dont meet, ugh lets make that happen because we want it to happen"
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue May 26, 2015 3:03 pm

It's better than spending a whole book on teasing the readers on a much anticipated event and then have no closure at the end of the book. It's one of the reasons why AFFC/ADWD are heavily criticised and I'm glad the showrunners are not blind enough to believe that ending the season in a bunch of cliffhangers is a good idea.

I hope we get a closure in the Battle of Winterfell too and a glimpse of the aftermath of Jon's stabbing like warging Ghost or getting resurrected.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue May 26, 2015 4:28 pm

http://watchersonthewall.com/game-of-thrones-season-6-casting-has-begun-and-heres-the-list/

Euron and Randyll Tarly with family confirmed for Season 6, this is huge news!!!!!!

There are other roles GoT are looking for, Septon Meribald and 3 kids which looks like a flashback.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next