McAgger
Jonathan28
zigra
urbaNRoots
BarrileteCosmico
25 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 25 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by RealGunner Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:13 am

M99 wrote:Bran can't see the future, he can only see the past.

Is he a Liverpool fan

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 25 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by Dante Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:15 am

M99 wrote:Yeah Dante, I'm eagerly waiting to hear your take on Daenerys being Rhaegar's daughter. For me, I really think she is just Aerys and Rhaella's daughter. We have a lot of facts about her birth. We hear she got conceived the night Aerys burned Brandon and Rickard. Aerys was a sick mofo who only got turned on after seeing people burn. That night he viciously raped Rhaella while Jaime stood on guard at the door.

Not sure when i am going to finish the 2nd part , but it will include more text in it and less words of mine . Fair enough , the safest bet is that all this is bollocks ; but i'll give it a shot first anyway . Also yes , this would describe the night Rhaella conceived her last child , no arguments here. I am not saying Rhaella wasn't preggers and that she didn't give birth at Dragonstone. So far , i think Rhaella was the one to give birth to a stillborn daughter . I think it wasn't Ashara who had the stillborn daughter (Barristan in ADWD says Ashara apparently had a stillborn daughter), but her . And it would not be the first time we read a female Targ had a stillborn , albeit for different reasons each .

And actually , wait a minute. If she was conceived the night Rickard and Brandon died ... how is she younger than Jon ? How do we know Lyanna was preggers by then , the rebelion had not even started the night the Starks died and the rebelion lasted nearly 12 months iirc , Jon came when the rebelion was almost over , like a month before it was officialy over . That's obviously more than 9 months here really , so how's Daenerys the younger one , if she got conceived seemingly before Jon ? Don't get me wrong. She is the youngest , i am quite certain GRRM confirmed this already. I just don't think the Dany that was conceived that night in the Red Keep , when Aerys burned the Starks , is the same Dany we read about in the story .

If we are to believe Martin , then Jon is older by some months and apparently , Dany was conceived before Jon?? We know Jon came a month or so before the official end of the rebelion and the rebelion lasted nearly 12 months , so Jon was obviously conceived when the rebelion was ongoing . So , how can he be older if Dany was conceived before the rebelion even started? Something obviously doesn't fall in line here .

Rhaella spent the duration of her pregnancy on Dragonstone. Nine moons after their midnight flight from King's Landing Rhaella gave birth to her third child and only daughter Princess Daenerys while a raging summer storm threatened to rip the island fastness apart. Rhaella died shortly thereafter from complications of giving birth. Rhaella's surviving children inherited her crown. Later, in poverty in exile, they sell their mother’s crown in order to survive.

We know she was pregnant, there are eyewitness accounts of that. She could have died from a miscarriage but we hear the Daenerys was born during a great storm, thus Daenerys Stormborn. She was smuggled out by Ser Willem Darry from Dragonstone along with Viserys when Stannis captured it. Oberyn bringing her from Dorne to Braavos does explain it but then it leaves another hole. If Doran knows about Daenerys, then why would he betroth Arianne to Viserys. Doran says he planned to make Arianne Queen of Westeros by marrying her to Viserys but the heir to the throne would be Rahegar's daughter over Rhaegar's brother. Well I guess if Daenerys is Ashara's she would be a bastard and thus Viserys was the rightful heir anyway.

All good and safe arguments really . As for Doran and Oberyn being in the know , it's simply something i was contemplating upon , i am not basing the theory on this possibility , i was trying to think out of the box here. I just thought Doran may or may not know , because i think Dany was in the Water Gardens or near there , but that's that really. I just explored this possibility and then Oberyn going to Braavos seemed to fall in line with 'Doran knew'.

But my guess for Daenerys' path from birth to Braavos is something else really , something i need to read the books again to discuss . And it includes Ashara and the Daynes . I am not sure if Doran knew , he probably didn't , but i am leaving a tiny door open still , untill i make my homework better at least.  

And another thing. Rhaegar already had a daughter. Why did he need to have two more kids (dragon has three heads) with Lyanna and Ashara when he already had Rhaella and Aegon? Remember, Rhaella was killed after Rhaegar's death. I've seen you mention Rhaegar just fell in love with Lyanna. Hmm so I guess you are saying Jon was an accident? But Daenerys is younger than Jon, that means Rhaegar and Ashara had sex after Rhaegar already made Lyanna pregnant.

He needed a third child , and yes he seemed to expect a daughter really. And if i am right , he actually got one. As far as we know , he thought his son Aegon to be TPTWP and STILL went on with the prophecy and not just kept going , he risked everything there was to risk trying to fullfil it .. Doesn't that ring a huge bell?? Obviously because he knew what the prophecy was about. Like imagine , we know how Rhaegar was obsessed with TPTWP .. you would think he would stop caring with prophecies after Aegon , i mean he's there ffs , TPTWP , that's what Rhaegar said and believed . But no. Rhaegys still keeps going to fullfil the prophecy , why? - exactly because he knows he is that dragon and he must have 3 children surviving at all costs .  

And yes , he had 2 at the time and needed one more , even though Rhaenys died . And supposedly , he still end up with three because of Jon and Daenerys . The thing is , by that time when Rhaegar said there must be one more , he would be about to find out Elia couldn't have more children . I think then he was looking out for the mother of his third and final child , and found Lyanna and fell in love with her anyway . So , giving him the third child , he would have three.

But then things escalate out of control , there's confilict and there's war ; Rhaegar must leave the TOJ and march to face his enemies , knowing full well he might not survive . And where does he go after the TOJ?? At the red keep , where Ashara Dayne was a maid to Elia Martell .

I am basing this on something i read from Martin , somewhere.. were he talked about Ashara. He said , Ashara wasn't exactly standing still during the rebelion , that he wasn't nailed on the floor i think??.. paraphrasing , but very close to that. So , i think Rhaegar , not actually knowing if Lyanna's child would survive the childbirth , she was just 16 after all , or maybe something could happen to her during the war , he decided to bang Ashara and leave her preggers , to be certain he will have at least 3 children no matter if he survives , or Lyanna's child for that matter.

At the moment , i think that's where Rhaegar left her pregnant and the motive behind it , even after leaving Lyanna preggers , even after he loved Lyanna . And something last , if it turns out Quaithe is Ashara Dayne.. i think her motive to become 'quaithe' and kill Ashara , besides somehow losing Dany , was because of Rhaegar and what he told her , or something like that. It kinda seems to fit in , IF Quaithe is Ashara.. Ashara could also be dead , obviously.. Again , i haven't connected most of the dots yet and i don't know if there are dots to connect yet , i'll have to research and re read the books to finish the 2nd part .

In any case , i will have more when i finish the 2nd part , but i really don't know when that will be , i want to read the books again and make my research properly . I am doing this for my own pleasure really , but i am glad you guys at least consider talking about it Proud anyhow , it will have more text and i will make sure it's a much easier read than the first part.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:17 am

RealGunner wrote:

Is he a Liverpool fan

lmao rofl
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:19 am

RealGunner wrote:

Is he a Liverpool fan

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 25 61Q9J7j

RealGunner wrote:A slender girl on her toes kissing a knight as tall as Hodor;[4]

Is that Sansa and the hound?

Nah those are only events that happened at Winterfell.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:28 pm

Oh shit, I would love for this to happen minus the Bronn betraying Jaime :bow:

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/3a9w1t/spoilers_all_showdorans_plan/
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:41 pm

Sounds a lot like fan fiction
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:20 am

I know he's trying to make sense of the Dorne storyline but it's a real mess. If there was any plan, it was Tommen dying and Trystane ruling in Myrcella's name.

Man, the show didn't even give us the Fire & Blood speech which redeemed Dorne a bit in the books. What a complete waste of time and budget.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:31 am

We got the Bad Pussy line tho.

I'm just hoping they find a way to redeem Dorne in season 6. I would take Jaime's journey of self discovery in the Riverlands a thousand times over the shit we got. It would not have translated well at all on TV but it would be far better than his Dornish journey.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:05 am

I think we WILL get some sort of Riverlands storyline with Jaime but obviously not with the same motivations/reasons. He breaks up with Cersei finally, decides to look for Brienne... encounters the Elder Brother/Gravedigger on his way then the BwB/The Blackfish who has joined them and they force Jaime on some plot against the Freys. Taking Brienne's place almost.

Especially the casting news for the "priest" who resembles the Elder Brother/Meribald has made me optimistic for a Riverlands storyline.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:46 pm

@Dante: I don't think anything is missing. Jon is heavily thought be born during Ned's fight with the Kingsguard on the Tower Of Joy. Yeah makes sense, Rhaegar ran of with Lyanna before Brandon and Rickard were executed and I'm pretty sure neither of them had Littlefinger's private jet from the show to get from the North to King's Landing in a day. Daenerys being conceived the day Aerys burned the Starks and then 9-10 months later she is born during Siege of Dragonstone, the day a storm destroyed the Targaryen fleet.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:28 pm

More casting news for S6, these are so exciting!

http://watchersonthewall.com/more-casting-info-for-game-of-thrones-season-6/

Lots of Northern lords, Greatjon Umber is returning but with a different actor, and I think Manderly is the other lord. The corrupted outlaws sound like the Brotherhood without Banners post-LSH to me.

Also Arthur *bleep* Dayne!
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:50 pm

Holy shit, if Arthur Dayne is coming then surely Sean Bean will return for the Tower Of Joy flashback?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:45 pm

Father: He’s tough and old, an alpha male patriarch. The show is looking for a man with a Northern English Accent. He appears in one episode and has 2 lines.

Seems like Randall Tarly to me.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:13 pm

^We already got Randyll Tarly from the first casting news, this one is different and has a smaller role.

Notice how most of the casting calls are for roles that will have to be filmed in Belfast where the Northern/Riverlands locations are. Randyll Tarly will appear in Spain (Oldtown) or Croatia (King's Landing).

Season 5 lacked great new characters (or atleast they weren't fully fleshed) but this one is already packed, Euron Greyjoy, Randyll Tarly, Greatjon Umber, possibly Wyman Manderly with returning characters like the Dothraki, the BWB, Blackfish, Walder Frey it's looking good.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:54 pm

https://vimeo.com/130692253

Seems odd they're recasting this role after getting a high profile actress to play the Volantis priestess?

Spoiler:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:14 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:https://vimeo.com/130692253

Seems odd they're recasting this role after getting a high profile actress to play the Volantis priestess?

Spoiler:

She probably retired after seeing Felicity's acting firsthand.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:27 pm

I think this priestess is supposed to be of a higher rank than Melisandre/Thoros/the priestess of S5, a High Priestess. She's the equivalent of Benerro in the books who sends Moqorro to Daenerys.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:55 pm

I doubt they will spend the time to build multiple priests. I think they will just stick with the new one.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:31 am

M99 wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:https://vimeo.com/130692253

Spoiler:

She probably retired after seeing Felicity's acting firsthand.

Missclicked on this thread. Worth it Proud

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:46 pm

Welcome Freeza as you can see this thread is pretty much safe now apart from casting news for S6 but those are not really book spoilers either.

Btw can we post casting news for S6 in the other thread now that we are as clueless as all the rest?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:59 pm

Ask. It's up to them.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:05 pm

My suggestion for a book+show thread still stands hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:07 pm

m99 will love this:

https://imgur.com/gallery/t8NHg
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:25 pm

well , when they present it this way .. kinda makes me think again of me not caring about the changes all that much

this kinda makes a very convincing case indeed Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:59 pm

Should've included Brienne's adventures with Nimble Dick looking for Sansa for an entire book despite us knowing she's no where near her, Gerold 'I'm of the night' Dayne, Sansa baby sitting Robin Arryn, Jon watching the Wall melt, endless food descriptions, fake deaths, "fat pink mast", and finally the incredibly painful interactions between Penny and Tyrion while still waiting for a single moment from Tyrion/Dany.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:09 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:m99 will love this:

https://imgur.com/gallery/t8NHg

Lol it is very exaggerated but the gist of it is right. Too many good plotlines were replaced by terrible ones.

Urban remember how you said Brienne will not kill Stannis since she said she would, just like Oberyn, Robb etc? Well I did not want to say it in the show thread since some people start crying when show only changes are called out so I'll say it now. GRRM wrote Oberyn and Robb's parts while Sansa's promise to kill Stannis in the snow with Pod was a show exclusive. As soon as I saw that scene I knew Brienne was killing Stannis just like I knew Olly would Ygritte when he ran to Castle Black and proclaimed himself the best archer of the village. They made it even more obvious by cutting to his face 100 times during the battle and him eyeing a bow. Show only people figured that out too just like they knew Myrcella was dying when she had that heartwarming moment with Jaime. D&D uses some predictable cliches when they are not directly adapting GRRM's work.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next