McAgger
Jonathan28
zigra
urbaNRoots
BarrileteCosmico
25 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 5 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by M99 Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:24 pm

GRRM confirms TWOW will not be released in 2015.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/419601.html?thread=21022481#t21022481

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 5 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:27 pm

Of course, it probably won't be available in 2016 either if I had to bet.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:20 pm

What did they change from the books in this episode?

I don't think Mance is dead, with the way they kept switching camera from him to what's his face.

Varys is the obvious change. Wonder if Tyrion will get kidnapped and sold to slavery at all?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:34 pm

RealGunner wrote:What did they change from the books in this episode?

I don't think Mance is dead, with the way they kept switching camera from him to what's his face.

Varys is the obvious change. Wonder if Tyrion will get kidnapped and sold to slavery at all?

The valonqar prophecy doesn't exist.
Mance Rayder burns for real, no glamour, no tricks, he burns atleast until Jon takes him out,
Sansa is marrying Ramsay Bolton, Robin Arryn stays at Runestone.
Brienne/Pod are heading North to protect Sansa

And yeah Varys' motivations are completely different, nothing says like "saving the country" by starting a war helping a person who has Dothraki rapists in her army and dragons who eat and burn people and all this just before winter comes. He's so full of shit, I think I like Baelish more, atleast he isn't deluding himself.

As for Tyrion, yeah he gets captured first by Jorah then they both get captured by this Malko (who we thought is Moqorro Sad) and sold to Yezzan and then somehow ends in Hizdahr's service while Jorah fights in the fighting pits.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:46 pm

Volanqar mentioned 3 questions. Thought she was going to say those 3 prophecies but she only mentioned like two things.

How can sansa marry Ramsay when they showed fake arya last year? Also where is that story going if she IS marrying him? Kill him in his sleep lol?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:58 pm

I meant the "your little brother will choke the life out of you" prophecy, but as you said the dream could come back later maybe.

fArya was not shown last year, unless you mean Myranda who is Ramsay's sidekick, she's just some girl from the Dreadfort who replaces Ramsay's buddies in the books.

It appears that Sansa will take Manderlys role, not literally eating Freys but in the sense that she'll try to mess up the Boltons from the inside while Stannis attacks Winterfell while Littlefinger is Lady Dustin, the uncertain ally. Obviously their plans will fail and Theon rescues Sansa with the help of Brienne maybe? Dunno. Willing to wait and see what happens, I'm sure it will be more dramatic than Sansa's AFFC arc, I just hope these plans made by LF/Roose/Sansa actually make sense.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:42 pm

This is going to be awful. Sansa's arc is easily one of the most interesting one in the books atm.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:31 am

If only TWOW flowed like GRRM's comments about puppygate we would have had it years ago.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:35 am

About the Janos scene:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:14 am

If they omit the greatest dialogue sequence in the entire book series then I will be pissed as hell. They HAVE TO INCLUDE MELLISANDRE AND JON SCENES. They were the best part of ADWD.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:47 pm

srigooner wrote:bibliophile, that's honestly how I feel each time I watch an adaptation.

Bibliophile
Post in the Malazan Book of The Fallen thread

Choose one Razz

Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:44 pm

Phritz wrote:
srigooner wrote:bibliophile, that's honestly how I feel each time I watch an adaptation.

Bibliophile
Post in the Malazan Book of The Fallen thread

Choose one Razz

I'm taking a break from this genre, thanks to how frustrating GRRM writing speed is. Razz Currently exploring some other genres Thumbs up

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:07 pm

Was this directed at us?

https://i.gyazo.com/a55f60ab59d3c437bed1bf17ac1c95c6.gif

pos HBO
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:39 pm

lol no, I think it foreshadows that Shireen is going to get harmed very soon. Couple that message with Melisandres "the Lord of Light needs her" and you can see where this is going Sad
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:03 am

What an awful awful representation of Brienne's arc. That was so terrible to watch. Her passage and journey in the book was amazing. Now she is being made like the worst person ever.

Jaqen H'ghar instead of the old man Laughing wtf Laughing Just to please the tv show fans. So pete doesn't exist in the show then? nor the whole oldtown arc?

Jon Snow becoming the commander was an underwhelming scene. No Mormont's crow Sad

I really wish I hadn't read the books. The show is becoming so shit when I compare and it's so hard not to.

They are going to remove every good dialogue just to appease the fans with more of Jamie and Bronn scenes or more of Daenerys trying to act scenes.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:46 am

RealGunner wrote:What an awful awful representation of Brienne's arc. That was so terrible to watch. Her passage and journey in the book was amazing. Now she is being made like the worst person ever.

Jaqen H'ghar instead of the old man Laughing wtf Laughing Just to please the tv show fans. So pete doesn't exist in the show then? nor the whole oldtown arc?

Jon Snow becoming the commander was an underwhelming scene. No Mormont's crow Sad

I really wish I hadn't read the books. The show is becoming so shit when I compare and it's so hard not to.

They are going to remove every good dialogue just to appease the fans with more of Jamie and Bronn scenes or more of Daenerys trying to act scenes.

Cannot agree more.

Jon's chapters were my favorite ones from the book and frustrates me how lame he is being represented in the show. I like how they shortened Samwell's conspiracy but the Jon Stark scene was so disappointing.

I'm just trying to keep faith some of the deviations as it may translate into something more entertaining; like how Robb's widow is still alive in the books but completely disappeared into irrelevance
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:47 am

Oh yeah, and that House of Black & White.. ffs, I was expecting the skeleton and worm scene.
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:45 pm

It felt rushed, and Aegon deciding at the very end felt very much like Dumbledore's "And 10 points for Gryffindor" moment, I was also looking forward to Sam convincing both sides that Jon was best.

But non-book readers seemed to have liked it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:31 pm

They will always like it because they hate book readers. The finale of last season was loved by every tv show watcher while every book reader hated it.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:20 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/33c4iz/spoilers_all_last_nights_election/?sort=confidence

This guy thinks d&d meant to include the long version but they changed their plans after an actor passed away
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:01 pm

RealGunner wrote:What an awful awful representation of Brienne's arc. That was so terrible to watch. Her passage and journey in the book was amazing. Now she is being made like the worst person ever.

That's just the wrong way going into the show imo. GRRM says it very simple yet accurately: "The show is the show and the books are the books".

If you go into the show or into the books with the mindset that you can't view them as their own entity then you are going to be disappointed one way or another. I have come to love the books but I won't allow myself compare one to another because I want to enjoy both of them and I understand the many changes the show has to make as they have many restrictions which GRRM doesn't have.

So while I could complain about plotholes which I know only because I've read the books, I try not to focus on them as much or I will lose the interest. Seriously instead of comparing the show with the books, it would be fair if you compare it with other shows and in that regard it's one of the most complex and interesting shows out there.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:21 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:It felt rushed, and Aemon deciding at the very end felt very much like Dumbledore's "And 10 points for Gryffindor" moment,

Lmao exactly what I thought. Should have kept the two thirds rule with Sam convincing Mallister and his supporters to vote for Jon instead.

RealGunner wrote:The finale of last season was loved by every tv show

Not really. I know a lot of people who were disappointed especially with D&D "THIS IS THE BEST EPISODE E EVER DONE WE SUBMITTING IT FOR THE EMMYS" Everyone has the same question. Why did Tyrion go to his father's chamber? To say goodbye? To kill him? In the books he does it to ask him about Tysha and then kills him in a moment of rage but in the show why the *bleep* does he go to him?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:11 pm

On the finale of last season *

I asked my little brother and friends if they liked it and every one of them thought it was great .

Not sure what the others told me because i dont' remember right now (will ask them again just for the lulz) , but i remember asking my brother , 'why do you think Tyrion went to Tywin instead of just escaping immediately' ?

After a small pause to think he said : because Tywin is a c*nt and after he shaw Shae he lost it?

I can't answer this myself with confidence , but it kinda does somehow make some sense for show watchers . I then explained the Tysha part to him and he agreed it made much more sense and he liked it more... but he didn't really care in the end, or make him wish they made the scene this way , certainly it didn't make the episode any less awesome for him.  

I've even revealed R+L=J to a friend of mine who was always breaking my balls about Jon's mother. So i told him about the theory and he said "that's it?" , as if it was pretty underwhelming for a mystery . What i am trying to say is , some book things really only matter to us book readers only. Shownlies do not care and they won't care whatever version they get , as long as it stays on this high level , they see a great show and they enjoy it.

I suppose there might be a select few kind of watchers who pay great attention to detail and are thoroughly into the show , maybe them can complain on more than a few things.. but those are extremelly rare cases and nobody is going to give a shit there at the set.

SO yeah , i've come to enjoy the show no matter what , in fact i really look forward to the changes and different arcs they've set on going. Though i must admit , watching the real Mance burn pissed me off a little. But anyway , it still makes me wonder how it will unfold without Mance . I know i've missed this , not knowing almost for certain how it will play out. So far , 2 episodes , i've enjoyed it , minus some things here and there.

Overall , it's beyond me how i've kept myself from watching the leaked episodes already . I literally cannot wait to see each and every one episode . Looking forward to episode 4 which my cousin said has a massive cliffhanger . I kinda wonder if i know it or not.. Like , is it Arya going blind or something else? I've missed this really.

final note , yes the lord commander election was incredibly rushed , but maybe it's because of the dead actor that lead to this . This was pretty not well made , tbh. Watchable , not terrible , but not well made . Wish they had found a better way.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:04 am

@Dante

Some elements of the show are much better represented for entertainment purposes such as the Red Wedding, Oberyn Martell, Tyrion & Bronn etc IMO. For example, IIRC Robb's widow just underwhelmingly disappeared into irrelevance in comparison to her dramatic end in the show.

I read all of the books after Season 4 and that explained so many motives that didn't initially make sense. Since the show writers are aware of how future events unfold, I think they're in a better position to understand what could work better in terms of character inclusion/exclusion so I'd like to keep my faith in them. That said, butchering the role of Brienne (oh God that fight with the Hound) annoys me.
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:03 pm

The fight with the Hound was surely one of the better points of the last season?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:09 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The fight with the Hound was surely one of the better points of the last season?

The fight itself was good, not going to lie. It's just how stupid some of the decisions and dialogues were.
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next