Is France Producing the next generation of Great Defenders?

+5
McAgger
VivaStPauli
Valkyrja
rwo power
Kick
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is France Producing the next generation of Great Defenders? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is France Producing the next generation of Great Defenders?

Post by Eman Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:07 pm

Kick wrote:I didn't think about France at the Euros, Surely they'll have a core of Lloris, Varane, Zouma, Pogba, Griezmann, Lacazette and Benzema.

That could be very hard to beat, tbh.

Yo Imma let you finish but Koscielny is the best French CB atm :coffee:

I can see him not playing though given his drop in NT stock after that Ukraine WC qualifier.

Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Is France Producing the next generation of Great Defenders? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is France Producing the next generation of Great Defenders?

Post by Curtinho Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:18 pm

Well I don't think Sakho will be dropped by the NT any time soon. Sakho - Varane partnership for the forseeable future I think.

Honestly though the Netherlands might be entering into a golden age of defenders for them. I can't remember a time with so many highly touted defensive prospects. If even half of them reach most of their potential it will really be something for us. Veltman, De Vrij, Rekik, Kongolo, van Beek, van Dijk (kinda), Hoedt and van Aken then even some of the really bright young guys like Verdonk, Fosu-Mensah, Riedewald, etc.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:07 pm

Sakho is not the starter btw... Mangala and Mathieu have been the two used. Based on Deschamp's recent comments, Zouma is seen as the frontrunner next to Varane and laporte is going to get called up.

Too many massive brainfarts by Kos at NT level to get a look now + deschamps wants to develop a young CB pairing and he's too old.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:47 pm

So Zouma is better than Laporte ? Or is a better complement to Varane ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:42 am

Zouma is a physical beast who could outleap superman, he is best paired with a smart tactical CB.

I think purely for the fact Varane and Zouma would complement each other so well, they'll be partners.

@Eman, Kos is 29, while he is a very solid defender, I didn't really consider him as he is part of the current generation, not the next.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:47 am

I predict Sakho to be a starter when it's all said and done.

I don't buy the hype for some of these guys you guys are listing. Mangala rofl Mathieu will be nowhere near the starting XI either.

The only reason those 2 were starting last few matches was because Sakho was injured during that period and Deschamp was obviously experimenting as neither Varane nor Kos was playing either.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:17 am

Laporte's issue is that he's slow of foot and Deschamps wants athletic CBs so that he can push up his defensive lines if he feels he has the advantage. Laporte is also a bad pairing with Varane.

Sakho, Zouma and Mangala are the best pairing for Varane... Zouma is the one really. Like Varane when he was starting to play for Madrid, he's getting a lot of ink in France and many feel that it's just a matter of time for him to take over.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:23 am

He will when we sign him and make our CB partnership Zouma-Varane.

Then France's CB future is secured as well as ours Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum