TheRedStag
stevieg8
nj
Fahim89
:{Mr.Mustachio!
22 posters

Page 11 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:56 pm

Liverpool are weighing up a £12m move for Brimingham central defender Scott Dann following the Reds’ disappointing pre-season form.

Scott Dann rumors have awakened again! !

http://www.cleansheetsallround.co.uk/2011/07/liverpool-eye-12m-centre-back-to-solve-defensive-problems

Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur will go head-to-head for the signature of Brazilian youngster Lucas Moura, from Sao Paulo.
Well another youth target i suppose! !

http://www.cleansheetsallround.co.uk/2011/07/liverpool-tottenham-hotspur-chase-brazilian-starlet

Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by RedOranje Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:18 am

If we sign another player, it will be a defender of some kind. We will not be signing another attacker; especially if we don't sell any players.

Also, please, PLEASE make sure we don't sign Dann.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:43 am

SIGN THAT LUCAS! HE'S A BEASTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:10 am

RedOranje wrote:If we sign another player, it will be a defender of some kind. We will not be signing another attacker; especially if we don't sell any players.

Also, please, PLEASE make sure we don't sign Dann.

A LB is i guess at the top of the list! Plus a CB is needed too! !

but i believe Ngog would leave & a replacement would be bought! that it is in terms of attack . .

ynwa wrote:SIGN THAT LUCAS! HE'S A BEASTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

considering our aggressiveness with youth transfers! ! consider that done! ! Cool
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:16 am

I would prefer Dann ahead of Kyrgiakos tbh.Not that it is saying much but we need a better 4th choice defender than Kyrgiakos considering Agger's injury troubles.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:29 am

We need a better first choice CB to start alongside Skrtel/Agger. That would improve both the first team AND depth as whoever doesn't start between Carra, Skrtel, and Agger can act as cover. There's no point in signing more mediocre players now. We have the money and ambition, we need to be looking at addressing the root problem rather than patching over cracks. Dann isn't the answer at all, IMO. Not as good as Skrtel, Carra, or Agger and he appears to be injury prone.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:44 am

Sign the Cahill. Afro

Bolton wants cash, and only has a year left on his contract. Comoli should make it happen.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:17 am

I too would prefer Cahill over Dann . .but now with Birmingham's financial worries, i guess Kenny & Comolli might jump into get him cheap. . but nothing concrete has been reported regarding CBs & also nothing has been reported in any CB or for that fact any defender leaving after PFK Razz
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:12 am

@RedOranje

Agree.I do prefer to sign a quality CB.

Just saying if (thats a big IF i know) we dont have much money left for CB this season considering we have already spent a significant amount and still need a LB i would prefer to sign Dann instead of signing no one.I just dread the thought of playing Soto in an important PL match.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:21 am

Soto did well last season more often than he did poorly. I'd rather not waste money on someone like Dann and simply save it for going toward a better signing in January or next summer. Or we could just add it to the pot for LB and make sure we get the best available there. After all, we have Ayala, Wilson, and several other youngsters also waiting for the chance to prove they can step up (Ayala [here] and Wilson [at Rangers] have both shown in the past they have the potential).
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:32 am

I think Soto is being unfairly remembered solely for his foul against Braga in the 1st leg which was the goal that resulted in our eventual knock-out. This is similar to how some fans have soured to Milan's Mario Yepes' daft tackle against Lennon which lead to Crouch scoring. But Yepes, had outstanding for Milan the whole year.

Soto, despite his age is still a valuable asset as he has proven it with good leadership and marshaling of the backline, and all-in-all great use of his strength and underrated intelligence in the back to withstand some of the most fearsome attacks in the EPL. Who can forget his dominant aerial presence?

Another overlooked signing of Rafa.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:57 am

That's true Arq. Good point. I'd still bring Cahill though. Surprised
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:00 pm

ynwa wrote:That's true Arq. Good point. I'd still bring Cahill though. Surprised

Cahill? He would be a great signing and would fit like a glove in our backline.

As for Soto, I forgot to mention that he should be our prime back-up player mostly due to his age as we need our youth to thrive on Kenny and Henry's youth policy.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:42 pm

Soto struggled since Kenny took over and just struggles massively against players with decent pace.Its just not the braga he was awful against west brom when Odemwinge targeted him led to us conceding penalties.Thats the one comes straight to memory.

Also Dann is underated here IMO.He is a good defender and already had 2 really good years in PL.Honestly i dont think there is missive gap in quality btw him and the likes of Cahill or jagielka.Birmingham had one of the best defensive records in the league in 2009-10 and their season collapsed once Dann was injured in january last year.

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:47 pm

Birmingham's defensive record was down to the form of their keeper and they way they played. Dann's absence only highlights his own injury issues (do we really need another potential perma-crock at CB?). He also offers significantly less aerially presence/on the ball ability than the other options we've been linked with and/or discussed. Underrated? If anything, I'd call him overrated by the prices being bandied about.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:02 pm

Dann isn't underrated. Neutral

He's not that good. >.>"

Cahill would be available for around 10-15m and would help our defence for atleast half a decade.

Also, the West Brom game is basically the only bad game Soto has had in the PL. How many points did he get us when Roy was here?

Last edited by ynwa on Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:03 pm

I don't think we'll buy a CB, we've got a bunch of them and while their overall quality might leave room for improvement, they're not exactly bad either and I feel we're sufficiently covered in that area. An LB is what I'm hoping for, but I'm actually believing what Comolli said after the Downing signing that we've done most (maybe even all) of our incoming transfer business.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:06 pm

Liverpool are watching James McCarthy’s contract talks at Wigan with a keen interest.

would someone please ban Daily Mirror! ! why would they link us with another CM! ! ! :O

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Liverpool-ready-pounce-James-McCarthy-Wigan-if-contract-talks-fail-midfielder-also-Chelsea-Arsenal-target-article778612.html
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:15 pm

I dont agree with this Dann looked good because Birmingham played defensively then u can say the say to Adam too he looked good because Blackpool played very attacking football.Most lower half teams tend to play defensively in PL but not many teams had similar to Birmingham's defensive record in 2009-10.Even Birmingham when tried to similarly defensively in 2nd half of season without Dann they were taken apart.

As for his injury record he just had one long term injury layoff.That doesnt make him potential perma crock.He missed similar amount of time to Carrol last season then is Carrol potential perma crock too?

Honestly i dont think there is much between Cahill and Dann and i too would prefer Cahill but i wont be dissapointed with Dann if we miss out on Cahill either.But certainly i would prefer him against someone like Jagielka who Arsenal are linked with.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:22 pm

Fahim89 wrote:

Liverpool are watching James McCarthy’s contract talks at Wigan with a keen interest.

would someone please ban Daily Mirror! ! why would they link us with another CM! ! ! :O

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Liverpool-ready-pounce-James-McCarthy-Wigan-if-contract-talks-fail-midfielder-also-Chelsea-Arsenal-target-article778612.html

We wanted him before we got Henderson. They probably just wrote this up because Stevie is out. :\
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:34 pm

Anyone remember the Goal.com exclusive earlier in the window like how we are close to signing McCarthy and a deal has been agreed with wigan. Laughing
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:22 pm

Any thing regarding the LB!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:22 pm

iftikhar wrote:Any thing regarding the LB!!!

Alvaro Perriera was a name in the mix..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:46 pm

One of our biggest issues since our great season in 08-09 where we came second, is our defensive ability. God knows what has happened, but we have conceded too much the last two seasons.

Anyone should understand that our defense is what needed/needs rebuilding. We NEED a left back. As pointed out earlier by me, we have nothing close to a consistent starting LB. I'd be happy with another good CB as well. If all we are going for guys like Dann, I'd rather save the money.

So far the owners/club seem to have been too focused on the attacking department, which is only half the team.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:29 am

poolsupporter wrote:One of our biggest issues since our great season in 08-09 where we came second, is our defensive ability. God knows what has happened, but we have conceded too much the last two seasons.

Anyone should understand that our defense is what needed/needs rebuilding. We NEED a left back. As pointed out earlier by me, we have nothing close to a consistent starting LB. I'd be happy with another good CB as well. If all we are going for guys like Dann, I'd rather save the money.

So far the owners/club seem to have been too focused on the attacking department, which is only half the team.

Really? We had the 3rd best defence in the league in 2009-10 when we finished 7th.Its our attack and creative that let us down not the defense.

Then last season since Kenny took over we had the best defense in the league for of pf the time.This despite us playing without a LB.Until the Spurs game were our defence was decimated by injuries we were the best defence in the league since Kenny's arrival even better than United.

We have one of the best defence in the league.We just need a proper LB and cover at CB.No major shake up.It seems our struggle under Hodgson is clouding everyone how good a defense we have.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:07 am

Newcastle local paper saying we are waiting for close of the window to get him on cheap and Pardew is desperate to sell him before to get a replacement in.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/07/30/liverpool-still-keen-on-newcastle-star-enrique-72703-29146112/
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next