BarrileteCosmico
Bellabong
Jonathan28
LeVersacci
RealGunner
40 posters

Page 15 of 43 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 29 ... 43  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 15 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by McAgger Mon May 18, 2015 9:36 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Read Malazan m8

Have bought all 10 books Proud Just gotta finish ADWD first though.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 15 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Kaladin Mon May 18, 2015 9:41 pm

Don't call me James wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:Read Malazan m8

Have bought all 10 books Proud Just gotta finish ADWD first though.

Good lad Proud
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon May 18, 2015 9:52 pm

Freeza wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Done with the show

That last scene was it.

They have ruined the whole show. Disgusting twats.

Unless Ramsay gets a death he really deserves this season. I am not coming back to it.

Worst season to date.

How did that ruin anything? Laughing

The whole Sansa-story is in shambles to be fair but this shouldn't be discussed here imo as it's about the books.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon May 18, 2015 10:44 pm

The funny thing is however fearsome and evil Ramsay Bolton's character is becoming it is failing to stand up to the sheer class and quality of Joffrey. The difference in writing I believe.
GRRM nailed it to perfection that character. People always adored Joffrey in a certain way. Loved to hate him. That well it was written.

But here David and Dan's portrayal of Ramsay is mere average I honestly believe. And that is Even when ramsay has surpassed joffrey in terms of the sheer magnitude of evil deeds and when people need to be intimidated and scared in a way, its simply not happening.

I dont know how much the acting of the 2 actors have to do with that. And I dont think Rheon is a bad actor either. It has to be the writing hence.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon May 18, 2015 10:51 pm

When you kill the interesting characters it will eventually catch up to you.
Never cared for Arya, Sansa, Sam, Greyworm... Meanwhile Khal Drogo, Ned, crippled Jaime, Oberyn, Barristan, Robb, Tywin all get rekt and we're left with fodder.
Female fans should stfu about this show. This show makes up for all bad female characters in history...

Last edited by Freeza on Mon May 18, 2015 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Messico Mon May 18, 2015 10:53 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:We've been following Sansa as a character for 5 seasons now, and I think she is technically a regular rather than a guest actress which makes her "lead".

From a medieval morals perspective I doubt anyone would have considered it rape at the time considering it was husband and wife.

We followed Bran for 4 seasons, in my opinion that didn't automatically make him a lead then. Maybe the books have a bigger role for Sansa that I am not aware of. Anyway, it's just semantics so no point taking this further.

Tyrion's character has regressed so much since season 2, it's a little disappointing.

El Messico
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon May 18, 2015 10:55 pm

The difference is that Joffrey was more hated because he was a pussy who hid behind everybody. It's more annoying when the person who's being an absolute scumbag couldn't do a thing himself.

Ramsay actually backs himself up with his disgusting deeds. So you don't have the 'if only *insert character here* could get him alone" factor.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon May 18, 2015 10:57 pm

Nah Glory man, I really have to disagree with you on that. Iwan Rheon in his role is fantastic, just look at his face when Sansa says yes on marrying him - you can see in his face with no dialogue at all that he's planning something really nasty with Sansa.

And most viewers I know love to hate Ramsay, for all his evilness: he's clever (unlike Joffrey), he's not a coward (unlike Joffrey) but can also throw some funny lines (like Joffrey). He's like what Joffrey would probably turn out to be if he wasn't poisoned at an early age.

Btw welcome to this thread Glory, you are replacing RG as it seems (although I'm sure he'll be back next week Razz)
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon May 18, 2015 11:08 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Nah Glory man, I really have to disagree with you on that. Iwan Rheon in his role is fantastic, just look at his face when Sansa says yes on marrying him - you can see in his face with no dialogue at all that he's planning something really nasty with Sansa.

And most viewers I know love to hate Ramsay, for all his evilness: he's clever (unlike Joffrey), he's not a coward (unlike Joffrey) but can also throw some funny lines (like Joffrey). He's like what Joffrey would probably turn out to be if he wasn't poisoned at an early age.

Btw welcome to this thread Glory, you are replacing RG as it seems (although I'm sure he'll be back next week Razz)

True, Iwan Rheon is legit. I too felt that way. Its clearly not his acting that is the concern here.
And the way he started, I mean the character of Ramsay it was much better. The first few episodes and those torture scenes of Theon was really well portrayed. But after that I dont know, somehow feel this season, he has regressed (But then who havent Sad ) May be I am comparing him too much to Joffrey.

PS
Thanks man. I only started watching GoT last month, after I took a liking to True Detective and realized theres a whole new world out there of Television. lol.. Proud
And yeah, RG will be back, he just needs time to get over the fact that what he feared the most happened. hehe..

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 18, 2015 11:41 pm

I said it in the books thread that if they do a cersei-jamie with sansa-ramsay then I am done. And I am sticking to it.

3rd unwarranted rape scene. Someone must question the writers. It's not even a shock value anymore because everyone saw this coming.

It's not even about feminism. My problem is how they have butchered every character and arc by trying to force their way and divert the show when it wasn't needed.

The first 3 seasons were one of the greatest in TV history. But since then, it's been on a steady decline.

Which arcs/characters do people honestly enjoy anymore? Jon's?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon May 18, 2015 11:44 pm

Season has been a bit of a disappointment tbf

I guess it's to be expected with all the main character deaths, and a lot of the ones who don't die are left with poverty armies/allies. I.E the lannisters have went down the shitter, Starks are long done, the only Martel worth noting got killed etc.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon May 18, 2015 11:57 pm

Lol RG calm down mate. I agree with McLewis on the rape issue. I also agree with you though that it didn't have the same shock value, I just watched it instead with no expression on my face. My liking towards Ramsay has probably changed a bit though. That was just pure sadism in its strongest form. But then I also like the way Glory is going with this, about this holding true transition/foundation points for Theon and Sansa's arcs.

Could they have done Sansa's arc any more better? I don't know I don't read the books, and tbh I'm getting bit tired now about people talking about how the show is deviating from the books, think we might as well just totally divide the posting of book readers and those that only watch the show. In a way when book readers complain about this and that it sort of affects the only show watchers, well don't know about others, but it does affect me. I don't need to know about how bad you think this season has been because of different routes being taken. (not singling you out mate, just stating about book readers' complaints in general)
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon May 18, 2015 11:59 pm

Look at the girl on the right Laughing

GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 15 UPcmC7b
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue May 19, 2015 12:01 am

Freeza wrote:When you kill the interesting characters it will eventually catch up to you.
Never cared for Arya, Sansa, Sam, Greyworm... Meanwhile Khal Drogo, Ned, crippled Jaime, Oberyn, Barristan, Robb, Tywin all get rekt and we're left with fodder.
Female fans should stfu about this show. This show makes up for all bad female characters in history...

But we got a lot of interesting new characters this season like Lancel, the High Sparrow and the snakes hmm

ES seen that gif before, it's hilarious. But tbh most GoT fighting scenes have been really poor though that's probably the worst of all.

Have to repost this one from the redcafe Laughing

GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 15 1sj09v10

Last edited by zigra on Tue May 19, 2015 12:06 am; edited 2 times in total
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Tue May 19, 2015 12:03 am

GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 15 0hcquE8

Dorne was a mistake, it's nothing but trash.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue May 19, 2015 12:04 am

Agreed with Freeza, can't believe that jobber like Meryn f*cking Trant are alive
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by El Messico Tue May 19, 2015 12:05 am

RealGunner wrote:I said it in the books thread that if they do a cersei-jamie with sansa-ramsay then I am done. And I am sticking to it.

3rd unwarranted rape scene. Someone must question the writers. It's not even a shock value anymore because everyone saw this coming.

It's not even about feminism. My problem is how they have butchered every character and arc by trying to force their way and divert the show when it wasn't needed.

The first 3 seasons were one of the greatest in TV history. But since then, it's been on a steady decline.

Which arcs/characters do people honestly enjoy anymore? Jon's?

A lot of violence in GOT is unnecessary. But would the show be the same without it? I also don't understand what you mean by them butchering the characters and arc with the rape scene. We don't even know how Sansa, Theon and Ramsay will react to it yet.

Why get so frustrated so quickly?

El Messico
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 19, 2015 12:06 am

They could have 100% done the Sansa scene differently.

Last season, the showed us how badass she has become and how she can play the game. Littlefinger has taught her stuff. Now she is back to being season 2 Sansa all of a sudden?

She could have played Ramsay by seducing him. She could have tested her powers and forced Theon to leave. Ramsay would beat her? And what will the people in the north say when they see her bruised lol?

They could have made Theon save her.

That scene was character development for Theon and nothing more. Which makes it even worse.

From reddit

Not many of the responses to last night's episode have considered the ramifications of D&D's choices regarding Sansa's character arc. And I don't mean just with regards to the last scene; I mean the whole season.

1. Sansa and Ramsay consummating their marriage was inevitable, unless it happened a lot later in the season, and Sansa and Theon escaped before anything transpired. Therefore, D&D consciously chose this ending when they decided to write Sansa into the Northern storyline. Furthermore, in a recent interview they claim to have done so because they wanted to feature more of Sophie Turner's excellent acting. Eesh. Instead of marital rape, they could have written that Sansa seduces Ramsay, in the same way Littlefinger instructed her to do to Harry/Ramsay in the book/show. She could have ordered Theon to leave, testing her power and somewhat diffusing the situation. They could have shown Sansa to be silent and resolved during the scene, rather than fearful and crying. Let me be clear, my complaint here isn't about how Sansa acted, because Sansa is a fictional character; it's about how D&D chose to write her reaction to the event.

2. Sansa's character arc is likely being sacrificed for Theon's development. It's clear many people empathized more strongly with Theon in the scene than with Sansa. Likely, Theon will be the one to rescue Sansa. This means Sansa's abuse was introduced into the story so that Theon could have a vehicle for improvement and redemption. It's true that the rape scene is much more traumatic for both parties involved. However, Sansa's character development is not affected by the book's plot in Winterfell. A similar thing happened in their adaptation of the Faith Militant, where the writers felt it necessary to attack Loras for his sexuality in order to characterize the faith as moral hardliners. This could have been accomplished without sacrificing Loras.

3. Sansa lacks agency in the show's storyline. In the show, Sansa has been abandoned by Littlefinger, handed over to the enemy and, since Joffrey and the Mountain are "dead," probably the most sadistic person in Westeros. While she had the gumption to tell Myranda off, that could backfire on her as well. Ramsay clearly holds power over her and Theon/Reek. We don't know how the rest of the season will play out, but it is likely she will continue to be the victim, the damsel in distress, a vehicle for Theon's redemption or Brienne's oathkeeping-complex. She doesn't need to marry the Boltons to reclaim Winterfell, because the Boltons are usurpers, traitors. With her brothers gone, Sansa is the rightful heir to the North.

So, this is about way more than rape. Sure, Sansa can emerge from this event stronger. GRRM has defended his inclusion of sexual violence as a reality of the world they inhabit. However, GRRM does not use sexual abuse as the only source of trauma and growth for female characters. And, GRRM appears to be writing a different path for Sansa, one with more agency and less trauma. I guess we could always be surprised, but if Sansa flirting with Harry is considered "controversial," then I'm betting not.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue May 19, 2015 12:08 am

High sparrow doesn't interest me at all
Generic bread & butter standard old religious guy.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue May 19, 2015 12:09 am

Furthermore on the season, in a way I always thought that this season would be more about progression of story arcs and plotlines and less impact like in previous seasons and that's mainly due to a lot of lead/very good characters being killed off, it's like a rebuilding phase for greater things to come in season 6 and 7.

I still have hope though that the northern stories will save this season in a way. Dorne arc has been pretty meh after it has been one of my most anticipated part of this season. Poor portrayal of the Sand Snakes, and I just don't feel any ounce of danger from Ellaria Sand.

Actually now looking forward to Jorah going to the fighting pits. That will make Mereen interesting along with the North. KL is also pretty meh as well. No good characters. The Seven religion thing is dull. Cersei is in a weak stance and throwing out punches like Pacquiao, and I think they will backfire. Tommen is just worthless, poor old guy Laughing
Margaery, Loras, Ollena will definitely strike back with something somehow.

Oh and can we just hand out free pos cards for this moment:
Littlefinger is a pos
GRRM or whoever made the decision to cut off Jaime's hand is a pos
Tommen is a pos
The internet is a pos for complaining about stuff they know to expect of a show
Book readers are pos's
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue May 19, 2015 12:10 am

Laughing
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by El Messico Tue May 19, 2015 12:10 am

I don't understand what growth there was for Sansa personality-wise (being a bad-ass, really??). Besides gaining the courage to smack an impudent kid in the face...

El Messico
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue May 19, 2015 12:10 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:High sparrow doesn't interest me at all
Generic bread & butter standard old religious guy.

loooooool
bro obviously no one cares about the old pos. He's about as random as it gets.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue May 19, 2015 12:14 am

El Messico wrote:I don't understand what growth there was for Sansa personality-wise (being a bad-ass, really??). Besides gaining the courage to smack an impudent kid in the face...

But the end of last season insinuated much more, like what RG said. She could've been a much more intriguing character if they took the Dark Sansa route IMO
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue May 19, 2015 12:16 am

El Shaarawy wrote:Look at the girl on the right Laughing

GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 15 UPcmC7b
Jonathan28 wrote:GAME OF THRONES - PART 5 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 15 0hcquE8

Dorne was a mistake, it's nothing but trash.

Brilliant rofl
Sums up Dorne!
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 19, 2015 12:16 am

El Messico wrote:I don't understand what growth there was for Sansa personality-wise (being a bad-ass, really??). Besides gaining the courage to smack an impudent kid in the face...
The problem is that RG is a book reader, and as such he can't stop comparing what happens there to what happens in the book. In the books, Sansa is taken by Littlefinger to the Vale, where he shows her how to play the game, and eventually Sansa starts becoming a player rather than a pawn. In the show she is married off to Ramsay (which never happens in the book) and remains a pawn always being passed around but never making decisions of her own.

From what I've seen, though, the people who have only seen the show are disgusted at what happened but not outraged.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 43 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 29 ... 43  Next