Tomwin Lannister
jibers
halamadrid2
M99
terrance511
Rebaño Sagrado
16 posters

Go down

appreciation - Ashley Young Appreciation Thread  Empty Ashley Young Appreciation Thread

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:35 pm

:bow:
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

appreciation - Ashley Young Appreciation Thread  Empty Re: Ashley Young Appreciation Thread

Post by terrance511 Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:39 pm

that ball-stick-to-ma-feet dribbling remind me of prime messi

terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

appreciation - Ashley Young Appreciation Thread  Empty Re: Ashley Young Appreciation Thread

Post by M99 Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:31 pm

Who would think at the start of the season that he would bench Di Maria?!
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:54 pm

Ashley Young>>> DiMaria

If LVG signed Messi he would bench him for Fellaini

Dat hardwork>>>> talent :bow:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:33 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Ashley Young>>> DiMaria

If LVG signed Messi he would bench him for Fellaini

Dat hardwork>>>> talent :bow:

More like tactical intelligence >> Running up and down the pitch.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:34 pm

Always believed in this guy, he's coming good for us once again. I'll never forget his performance in our 8-2 win against Arsenal
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:39 pm

terrance511 wrote:that ball-stick-to-ma-feet dribbling remind me of prime messi

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/3740559/Ashley-Young-is-on-a-par-with-Lionel-Messi.html

MON :bow:

He foresaw this :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:45 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Always believed in this guy, he's coming good for us once again. I'll never forget his performance in our 8-2 win against Arsenal
appreciation - Ashley Young Appreciation Thread  2iiaem1_medium_medium_medium_medium
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:59 am

Tom rofl
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:34 pm

If you told me last season that in 2017/18 Ashley Young would arguably be the best LB in the world, I would have slapped you in the face. Absolutely locked down the most dangerous player in the world in Salah yesterday. Week in week out he's consistently performing.

Truly baffling. I don't think he's an amazing player or anything, just that LB is an incredibly weak position.

I'm sure he will eventually revert to his true level but it's a fact that this season he's minimum top 3 in the world and IMO the best.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:49 pm

Firenze wrote:If you told me last season that in 2017/18 Ashley Young would arguably be the best LB in the world, I would have slapped you in the face.

Not just last season, if you'd told it to me today, while standing in front of me, I'd have slapped you in the face too, tbh.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:53 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Firenze wrote:If you told me last season that in 2017/18 Ashley Young would arguably be the best LB in the world, I would have slapped you in the face.  

Not just last season, if you'd told it to me today, while standing in front of me, I'd have slapped you in the face too, tbh.

Laughing

I wish I were delusionally posting. He's the best in the PL for sure. Who else are having a notable season in that position? Marcelo? WhoScored agrees with me. Alaba? WhoScored agrees with me. Alba? WhoScored agrees with me!

@Zigra

It's madness but Young is the best LB in the world this season and would start for any team. Sorry Hans.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:55 pm

Forgot about Alex Sandro, who technically has a higher WhoScored rating. However, Juve fans have told me he's been poor this season, so I will accept their opinion on the matter.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:37 pm

Alex Sandro has been poor but he probably has still been better than Ashley Young tbh.

The best left back Italy this season was Ghoulam by some distance until he wrecked his knee.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:48 pm

One manager in Manchester makes his forwards shine, the other his defenders.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:49 pm

Firenze wrote:Forgot about Alex Sandro, who technically has a higher WhoScored rating. However, Juve fans have told me he's been poor this season, so I will accept their opinion on the matter.

Tbf having seen young beast a few times he's probably top 3 somehow. I think he's had 1 or 2 shit games or so I've heard. A.S has dipped defensively this season but after the first few outings he's been fine.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:03 pm

is Alex Sandro the hipster choice of LB nowadays? it used to be Alaba now it's Alex Sandro Laughing both not worth Marcelo's right foot.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:08 pm

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/20241/Show/Marcelo

appreciation - Ashley Young Appreciation Thread  EK5fDdCH_400x400

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/100995/Show/Alex-Sandro

appreciation - Ashley Young Appreciation Thread  Drake_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqZPnXlBHEdt8AtjizIYNgmZhw_iIPZqUNP2EjAIFcGyw

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:12 pm

Firenze wrote:If you told me last season that in 2017/18 Ashley Young would arguably be the best LB in the world, I would have slapped you in the face. Absolutely locked down the most dangerous player in the world in Salah yesterday. Week in week out he's consistently performing.

Truly baffling. I don't think he's an amazing player or anything, just that LB is an incredibly weak position.

I'm sure he will eventually revert to his true level but it's a fact that this season he's minimum top 3 in the world and IMO the best.

Where was This best LB in the world when he was being dominated by Matt *bleep* Ritchie a few weeks ago?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:31 pm

Firenze wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

Laughing

I wish I were delusionally posting. He's the best in the PL for sure. Who else are having a notable season in that position? Marcelo? WhoScored agrees with me. Alaba? WhoScored agrees with me. Alba? WhoScored agrees with me!

@Zigra

It's madness but Young is the best LB in the world this season and would start for any team. Sorry Hans.

Spoiler:

The picture shows your main problem. He played half a dozen different roles. Purely as a leftback he's still elite but far from being the very best. Marcelo, for example, is more or less his equal in that category (7.19).

Filipe Luis (7.53) and Kolarov (7.54) have been the best leftbacks this season I think.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:42 am

Do remember, you have to convert Serie A ratings into Brexit ratings so their values are subject to change. I need the lads to do proper calculations for me but I'm gonna assume that 7.54 is more like 6.4 in Brexit currency.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:06 pm

Still the only man to lock down Salah this season and render him ineffective.

Will consider offers over 80m for him. Pls PM.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down