Great Leader Sprucenuce
Jay29
S
Lord Spencer
Art Morte
33 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Pochettino, Özil, Navas, Shaw + PL strikers - Page 5 Empty Re: Pochettino, Özil, Navas, Shaw + PL strikers

Post by The Franchise Wed May 27, 2015 12:25 am

If I could I would kudos Free_Cat's post, he said that very well and I agree. And I also agree about the thesis, wish I could do Uni all over again now im not a complete idiot and do something more interesting.

As for the topic of the OP. Is it just me who is uncomfortable declaring first year players flops? Cant guys get a couple seasons at least? I mean, not everyone needs it but is it really normal that a player comes and hits the ground running, especially in teams going through turmoil like many of the players named are?

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pochettino, Özil, Navas, Shaw + PL strikers - Page 5 Empty Re: Pochettino, Özil, Navas, Shaw + PL strikers

Post by Robespierre Wed May 27, 2015 11:00 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:difference to AVB is, he didn't completely embarrass himself in big games though.. smashed Chelsea in a fantastic win and even won a derby against Arsenal iirc.

That alone is an upgrade on AVB. Let's not talk about Tim Sherwood lol.

Chelsea match was relevant , yes.
but also AVB won against Arsenal tbh
Pochettino had to fight for CL place , but he wasn't even close to do it.
Even Liverpool didi it , then it collapsed in last 2 months.

The 5th place is deceptive because Spurs were for the whole league closest to 7th place than 4th . For this reason I say I didn't  notice an upgrade than AVB

Anyway in this EPL there were more the  flops than relevations or the relevant things ( anyway one was Kane ... not any one ) . It was even the EPL where  Di Maria and Falcao  flopped.
Too many players and team have disappointed and are been under performed , for this reason it was an ugly Premier League.
Manchester City ( I don't get the reason why Pellegrini should be confirmed tbh ) , United could do better also considering their transfermarkt wasn't effective , Liverpool same thing , Everton was crap   ,  Tottenham already said.
I think EPL can go back at old levels because tbh it will be difficult get wrong so much as this year. Laughing
It depends much on market and most teams were bad about it  .. I mean .. I remind Hull City was rated as one of most brillaint teams (top 3 etc considering also their appeal,budget ... They had  many praises ) to move on market this summer .. . and then they are relegated Laughing
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:17 am

Interesting thread to revisit. So what's Art's record?

Pochettino: Undefeated in the past 10 matches with a Spurs that is looking mentally strong for possibly the first time in history. This might change today, but so far Art's veredict is: WRONG

Ozil: Having his best season for Arsenal yet and some people consider him the MVP of the season so far. Veredict: WRONG

Navas: Still getting plenty of playing time but I think everyone agrees on this. Veredict: Correct

Shaw: Jury's still out on this one.

1/4
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:30 am

Until his injury the verdict on Shaw seemed to be wrong too. He was one of United's best players and was probably the best performing LB of the league.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:26 am

M99 wrote:Until his injury the verdict on Shaw seemed to be wrong too. He was one of United's best players and was probably the best performing LB of the league.

Nope, that goes to Monreal
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:57 pm

Jury is still out on Shaw only if you don't watch Shaw, he was beasting, and is the reason Memphis form went to shit the moment he was injured
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:22 pm

I'm not sure should I be happy or mad at Alfred for bumping this x)

Pochettino is showing the most promise yet, but we'll see which way their season goes. It's been OK so far, now he needs to push it over to the good side. But he has given himself and the team the best chance yet to do that, so fair play to him so far.

Özil. I still don't rate him as high as most seem to do, but he, too, is having his best London season yet, so fair play to him as well.

Navas is Navas.

Shaw, have to admit he looked good before his injury - but the jury's still out, imo.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4