VendettaRed07
McAgger
Tomwin Lannister
S
73 posters

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

Where will Sterling be next season ?

OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 18 Vote_lcap7%OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 18 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]
OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 18 Vote_lcap4%OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 18 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 18 Vote_lcap4%OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 18 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 18 Vote_lcap56%OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 18 Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 15 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 18 Vote_lcap19%OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 18 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 27

OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 18 Empty Re: OFFICIAL : Raheem Sterling joins Man City

Post by Highburied Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:05 pm

I was gonna post Mario's tweet but was scared of Red's extreme bias and lack of sense of humor. Very Happy

LFC fans are eating him alive.

Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 18 Empty Re: OFFICIAL : Raheem Sterling joins Man City

Post by Perucho21 Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:19 pm

Sterling Molenation
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:39 pm

sterling who ???
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:30 pm

You really don't think he is better than Sterling right?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:35 pm

#Denial ?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:37 pm

1st stage of grief hmm
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:39 pm

Grieving process ...
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:53 pm

E-bay or Eye-b hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:05 pm

Eiyb
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:39 pm

RealGunner wrote:You really don't think he is better than Sterling right?

How much have you watched of Ibe? I don't think anyone's saying he's currently better than Sterling. However, he's a year younger and was better at each successive stage in development coming through our youth. He just never got the opportunity to play with Suarez and Sturridge when Liverpool were rolling teams. Even last season in the limited time he got he was extremely impressive in pre-season and when he got called back from loan. He also seems to have his head on his shoulders a little bit better, and has better physical tools.

I'd bet on him to be better in 2 - 3 years than Sterling is.

Last edited by El Cujo on Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:40 pm

Of course you would lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:46 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Of course you would lol.

I've always liked Ibe better, including during last season's pre-season, but maybe you're here because you don't have anyone to covet from Newcastle so I empathize with you. Ottawa Fury had a hard time the past couple seasons too, but they're doing alright now.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:53 pm

El Cujo wrote:How much have you watched of Ibe? I don't think anyone's saying he's currently better than Sterling. However, he's a year younger and was better at each successive stage in development coming through our youth. He just never got the opportunity to play with Suarez and Sturridge when Liverpool were rolling teams. Even last season in the limited time he got he was extremely impressive in pre-season and when he got called back from loan. He also seems to have his head on his shoulders a little bit better, and has better physical tools.

I'd bet on him to be better in 2 - 3 years than Sterling is.

rofl
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:54 pm

Welp, I'll be sitting here waiting for someone to take me up on the bet. You guys obviously are experts on the two so it should be no problem to put your money where your mouth is.

:coffee:
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:55 pm

Laughing
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:58 pm

El Cujo wrote:Welp, I'll be sitting here waiting for someone to take me up on the bet. You guys obviously are experts on the two so it should be no problem to put your money where your mouth is.

:coffee:

Bet? Laughing

Dude, you are the master of hyperbole (Gil has been replaced).

You said this about Sterling in December:
El Cujo wrote:Just wanted to bump this because Sterling has been immense. The sky is the limit for this guy...at 19 years old he's already one of the best players on the team, and so versatile as well. He definitely deserves to be mentioned amongst the top u21 players in the world such as Draxler, Gotze, Pogba and co. IMO. Most people will call it homerism, but it's just the truth.

Now all of a sudden, Ibe will surpass Sterling and become this GOAT?

rofl
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:05 pm

Dunno why everyone is hammering Cujo, if he believes Ibe can match Sterling in a couple of years then let him be lol

If you told me in 2009 that Tiago would be a semi important player to a CL finalist team, i would've blocked you Laughing
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:08 pm

Lmao Sterling flew away and Ibe is suddenly the better player. This will never change, no? Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:09 pm

It's the flip flopping.

One minute, Sterling is one of the top youngsters in the world, then the next he's not really that good and some dude who barley played last year is on the same path as Sterling and will eventually surpass him when he reaches the same age, based on what?

It's homerism, hyperbole and rubbish tbh.

How can Sterling be compared to the likes of Pogba and Gotze and then all of sudden be surpassed by some dude who probably won't be starting next year?

"Sky is the limit", his words. Now he left Liverpool and there is some cap on how good he will become?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:13 pm

Laughing Apparently you are incapable of reading. I already said that Ibe isn't as good right now, where did I say he surpassed him? However, it was always a debate about who had the higher ceiling on basically every Liverpool board between the two. Just because I think Sterling is a top youngster doesn't mean there aren't others also.

Nothing I said in that paragraph has changed. Why would I talk about Ibe on a senior level when he wasn't even playing there yet (and he was only 18 at the time)?

Please show me where I have flip flopped. In fact I was just talking a few pages back about how Sterling will make City a better team and play very well there. So much homerism, hyperbole and rubbish tho.

If you want you can try and find my comments about Ibe in pre-season of last year. I'm too lazy to go through all the searching for past posts.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:22 pm

Sterling at pool: among best youngster in footy, future great
Sterling asks to leave: pos, he isnt even that good, still loads to prove
Sterling Gone: hahaha we got man city real good
Sterling good start at new club: We got Ibe, will be better

Proud
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:24 pm

El Cujo wrote:Laughing Apparently you are incapable of reading. I already said that Ibe isn't as good right now,

izzy wrote:It's the flip flopping.

One minute, Sterling is one of the top youngsters in the world, then the next he's not really that good and some dude who barley played last year is on the same path as Sterling and will eventually surpass him when he reaches the same age,

I said you said he will EVENTUALLY surpass him.
Blind, you must be. rofl
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:26 pm

EDIT: Actually now that I look at it I realize I was referring to a different part of your post (though the same still applies to what I originally said, since I never said when they were the same age...I said in 2-3 years):

How can Sterling be compared to the likes of Pogba and Gotze and then all of sudden be surpassed by some dude who probably won't be starting next year?

Anyway, this is pointless. You are arguing that I'm flip flopping...please show me where this happened? My opinion on Ibe/Sterling has not changed aside from how I view Sterling's mentality a bit. You just assume now because we're talking about another prospect that for some reason I think less highly of Sterling's talents which just isn't true.

Then again you and Mole are just trolling, and I bite, but it is what it is. You guys are experts on these two players after all.

Last edited by El Cujo on Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:28 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Sterling at pool: among best youngster in footy, future great
Sterling asks to leave: pos, he isnt even that good, still loads to prove
Sterling Gone: hahaha we got man city real good
Sterling good start at new club: We got Ibe, will be better

Proud

Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:29 pm

What is this?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:30 pm

RealGunner wrote:You really don't think he is better than Sterling right?
no. ibe is not close to the level of sterling. but imo he has the tools to be just as good in the future
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next